Bridgeway Behavioral Health - Women's Residential Services in St. Charles, MO

Call (636) 224-1000 to Contact Bridgeway Behavioral Health - Women's Residential Services

1601 South Old River Road
St. Charles MO 63303

Bridgeway Behavioral Health - Women's Residential Services Philosophy

For more than 30 years, Bridgeway Behavioral Health has been providing men and women with gender-specific treatment for alcohol and drug addiction. Located in St. Charles, the Women’s Residential Program uses evidence-based practices and takes a trauma-focused approach to treatment, tying biology, sociology and psychology together to uncover the root causes of addiction. The highly-structured setting offers women a reliable and supportive environment for recovery, as well as safe space to develop and practice healthy coping skills for lifelong sobriety.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Spiritual Counseling

Self-Help Groups

Nutritional Counseling

Mike Morrison, CSAC

CEO

Mike has been at Bridgeway for 15 years and been the CEO since 2009. His vision for Bridgeway is to become the treatment provider of choice in this region by ensuring that every client who enters Bridgeway leaves with the tools necessary to live happier, healthier, and more productive lives.

Rick Cox, CAADC, CCGC

Addictions Counselor

Rick came to Bridgeway in 2000 to put together the current program for gamblers and their families.He continues to find his work in addiction to be very satisfying as well as very interesting. Working with compulsive gamblers and their families has widen his respect for individuals dealing with addiction and has learned first hand the many forms of addiction. Besides working in the gambling program, Rick also conducts a chemical dependency education for both the residential and out patient programs on a weekly basis. He has seen many positive changes in the addictions field over the years and looks forward to continuing on.

ABOUT BRIDGEWAY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH – WOMEN’S RESIDENTIAL SERVICES

With a dozen locations across Eastern Missouri, Bridgeway Behavioral Health (BBH) is a leader in substance abuse treatment for both adolescents and adults. Their services include detox, residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and sober living. The women’s campus in St. Charles is one of the only 102 (39.7 percent) of its kind in the state.

This female-specific programming track offers residential treatment for women and their children, and pregnant women can access care for the duration of their pregnancies. This is one of the state's 113 (44 percent) centers where treatment for individuals with co-occurring disorders is available. Detox is offered at a separate BBH facility.

While in treatment, residents can expect to receive one-on-one counseling at least once a week. The remainder of the week is spent in group therapy, educational sessions, recreational therapy, and health and fitness activities, such as group hiking and Zumba. Specialized treatment for sexual assault and gambling addiction can be arranged.

Treatment is intended to be structured but flexible so that clients can participate in the workshops and sessions that apply to their individual circumstances. Some of the daily education topics include triggers and cravings, anger management, parenting, co-dependency, and exercise and nutrition. Residents may also participate in groups focused on spirituality, music, and creative expression. Access to AA/NA** meetings is also available.

Residents typically remain in treatment between 10 and 30 days, but pregnant women may stay throughout their entire pregnancy and return once the baby is born. This is a unique feature offered at only 38 (14.8 percent) treatment centers in the state.

According to the facility’s website, BBH has over 200 employees from various backgrounds, including medicine, nursing, education, psychology, and social work. The women’s residential program has a full-time RN on staff to handle medical assessments, education, and referrals.

The women’s facility is located in close proximity to the Mississippi River, and staff often accompany residents on relaxing walks along the scenic Katy Trail. Meals are prepared by a full-time kitchen staff and served three times a day. The children’s program includes a licensed daycare for children ages two and under and classroom/therapy space for children ages three through 12, an offering at just 20 (7.8 percent) treatment centers in the state.

Five alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave BBH's women's facility mixed ratings. On average, alumni tended to give lower ratings for the facility's exercise and leisure options, as well as mediocre ratings for the facility's counseling options.

Although many noted that the living conditions could be better, three clients wrote that the facility's counseling staff was superb. Alum Nancy representatively wrote: “I had one of the best sexual abuse counselo's ever." However, one anonymous reviewer did report a drastically different counseling experience, citing a counselor with inadequate experience with addiction and recovery and a lack of access to support groups.

Reviews on secondary sites were extremely scarce of this writing, though the sole Google reviewer to date provided the facility a perfect five stars, with no further commentary.[1]

The four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave BBH's women's facility mixed-to-positive reviews. In feedback, a few of the loved ones complained about too much classwork during recovery and not enough individual counseling, but many of them felt that the staff was professional and caring. One anonymous Rehabs.com survey respondent commented, “I believe she liked the staff. I've heard they're good.”

There is currently no information provided on BBH's website or otherwise regarding its costs. However, CiteHealth reports that the network accepts state insurance and Access to Recovery vouchers and that fees are based on a sliding scale.

Published on May 2019

Dana

This place is a wonderful place help me and so many ways thanks for the help

CS

I found the facilities to be dirty and old. The food was supposed to be healthy however the food provided was processed and prepacked. There is not a full time kitchen staff. So come prepared to either eat cold cereal every morning or frozen waffles, french toast, bagels or toast. Limited fruit is available. All of which is put on a cart. Food may seem like a minor thing but when you have been abusing your body with drugs or alcohol you tend to not eat healthy. I believe that is an important part of the healing process. Don't expect to be outside for more than 10 minutes an hour or twice a week when they walk. The counselor I had was quick to label me and put me in "box" of what all addicts are like. Several of the staff was very good and not quick to judge but the few that weren't made things difficult. If you go there make sure to bring money for the vending machines, where you buy coffee, and laundry machines. They couldn't provide me with a towel and washcloth for two days and when I finally did get them I found out that was what I had to use the entire time I was there. I found the classes to be very helpful but wish that they didn't go for almost 12 hours a day. You only get to use the phone for 5 minutes a week or possibly when you meet with your counselor. Don't expect to have any alone time until your room is unlocked around 9 pm. They do make expecting mom's a priority which I see as a major plus. Also mom's can bring their children if they need too. The abuse classes offered is what drew me to Bridgeway, I just wish all the conditions I mentioned had been better. The client's vary from soccer mom to just out of prison or maybe just out of high school. Very intense rehab.

I believe she liked the staff. I've heard they're good

Nancy

Great counselor's! I had one of the best sexual abuse counselo's ever and I have meet several in the past and the young woman I had was the Best! I don't Think I would have made the wonderful recovery without her and the other counselors! Bridgeway is a no frills facility. I just would like to have more room outside. Bridgeway was the 3rd time I went to treatment it was the first time I went for myself. I truly believe if you don't want to be sober and go to treatment you will not get sober! I do know several other women who went to Bridgeway and are still sober after several years. It is a nice clean facility with well educated and commpassioned staff. I recommend Bridgeway everytime I am asked. I also make sure that the women who ask are ready to go to treatment. I highly recommend Bridgeway Treatment Center to everyone and one great feature for the Moms is they are able to bring their children with them, and really learn how to be a Sober Mom!

MOST counselors were recovering addicts. However I somehow drew the one whose knowledge came from a book. It is HELL for a mom. Yes, you get to bring your kid. But I seriously would have been WAY ahead of the game to stay home and go to meetings. Didn't get a single NA meeting. Yet my book educated counselor told me I was digressing. Well, of course I was!! I needed ppl in recovery

Alyssa

Counseling was a strength. Nutrition plan needs to be improved. They have parenting classes, std testing, and offer a lit of information

Ashley

What are you allowed to bring and do you also focus on mental health

anonymous

Our daughter liked the staff. Good place to get help.

anonymous

Our daughter left after two weeks. Wanted to return but had to wait 30 days.