California Prime Recovery in Fountain Valley, CA

17330 Newhope Street
Fountain Valley CA 92708

California Prime Recovery Philosophy

We have dedicated ourselves to providing an experience that not only provides the appropriate treatment in recovery from alcohol and substance abuse. We will also equip clients with the necessary tools to live life on life’s terms. We realize that many suffer from the same problem, but not everyone needs the same type of care. With our unique methods, we strive to focus on each client’s personal needs, giving each person who walks through our doors a highly individualized plan of action. Our highly trained staff coming from various professional backgrounds will be there each day building relationships to help clients recover and live a sober life.

• Trauma & Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT)
    Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT) uses the brain’s innate ability to adapt to change in a healing way, essentially “retraining” the brain to respond differently to familiar memories of trauma or pain.

• Intensive Outpatient
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Adventure Therapy

Yoga Therapy

Physical Activity Groups

Stephen Carmel

Founder & CEO

I began my journey to recovery back in 2011 when I moved to California from New York. Along with my recovery and beginning a new way of life, I began to develop a heart for others struggling with sobriety. My journey to California was filled with many trials and lessons learned, but most of all, personal growth. I truly believe I would not have found success if I didn’t come to California.
I started CPR as a way to work with people in recovery on a daily basis and it evolved into something much more beautiful. I have also come to realize that my own personal happiness and recovery depends on being involved in the lives of people in recovery. Helping others recover is a cornerstone of many 12 step programs, as it is here. Giving back to those still suffering, is the only way not to lose what you have gained. It is the paradox that we live by every day.

Camille Pejoro, LMFT

Clinical Director

Camille has over 10 years of experience working in non-profit, government, and private agencies. Her roles have varied in program development, case management, and counseling. The different populations she has worked with are homeless/low-income families, domestic violence survivors, individuals recovering from severe medical, substance abuse, and mental health issues. Camille received her BA from Eugene Lang College the New School for Liberal Arts with a concentration in Urban Studies and minor in Urban Education in NYC. Camille completed her MA in Counseling Psychology at National University at the Costa Mesa, CA campus. Camille loves developing fun and interesting curriculum to help individuals reach their full potential and be happy.

ABOUT CALIFORNIA PRIME RECOVERY

Based in a commercial neighborhood in suburban Orange County's Fountain Valley, California Prime Recovery (CPR) offers outpatient treatment for men and women who are struggling with substance abuse. Most clients enter the program as step-down care from an inpatient or residential facility.

Treatment is offered at three levels: day treatment, which provides six hours of care five days per week, intensive outpatient program (IOP), which provides three hours of care five days per week, and outpatient program (OP), which provides one hour of care typically twice per week.

CPR emphasizes that its programs are individualized to each client’s needs. Clients are introduced to the 12-Steps during treatment, and participate in individual and group therapy, process groups, life skills training, and holistic options such as yoga, fitness, and music sessions. CPR also takes advantage of its southern California setting, offering outings such as hiking, surfing, and paddle boarding trips, and indoor rock climbing sessions.

The program is split into three progressive phases, each with its own milestones. This approach enables both clients and staff to measure progress against goals. CPR’s website notes that its offerings include structured aftercare programs, but does not specify what these entail.

CPR employs a team of substance abuse professionals, The website shows a gallery of clinicians with LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy) degrees, a clinical director, founder/CEO, and support staff.

**WHAT ALUMNI SAY"

At the time of this writing, eight alumni have submitted feedback to Rehabs com about this facility. All awarded CPR the highest five-star rating for the major categories of the Rehabs.com survey: overall effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition. A minor exception is that one reviewer in this group offered four out of five stars for accommodations and amenities.

A number of these former clients indicated they would recommend CPR to others. In a representative review, an anonymous alumnus wrote: "this is the only place that actually gives you proper individual therapy and support you need to get and stay sober. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone trying to get and stay sober."

Another reviewer offered the following testimonial: "When I think of California Prime Recovery, I literally think of the acronym CPR, because this facility has helped save my life!" They added: "When I entered CPR I was merely a human excisiting, but with the guiding hand of the clinical team and support staff, I've learned that I am much more than that. I am a human being that deserves life! I no longer feel alone."

At the time of this writing, CPR had a perfect five-star average rating on Yelp based on six reviews.[1] Several of these reviewers identified themselves as fellow professionals in the field or friends of the founder; however, some also spoke in glowing, if somewhat vague, terms of their own treatment at the facility, repeatedly praising the staff and noting how comfortable they felt at the facility. “I was impressed with the support I received from CPR, the staff is very friendly and I felt very safe with them, they treated me extremely well and professionally,” Nathan wrote.

To date, a sole family member submitted a review of this facility to Rehabs.com. The sister of a former client had positive feedback to report about her brother's experience at CPR. She wrote: "Watching my brother struggling with drugs over the years has been very tough. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling of hopelessness, thats why we are so thankful that we have found California Prime." She added: "So far he is doing well, and he is staying positive. Last time I saw him, he just looked better and happier!"

According to CPR’s website, the organization accepts most Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) insurance policies, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Healthcare.

1. https://www.yelp.com/biz/california-prime-recovery-fountain-valley

Published on October 2017

California Prime operates with the dedication, professionalism, and compassion that is second to none in this industry. The staff goes above and beyond expectations to make sure the clients get the caliber of care needed to obtain the ultimate end goal of maintaining long-term sobriety.

Treatment level of care was decent besides the fact that I returned after discharging to pick up some belongings that I left and a few items were stolen and not included with my things: severely disappointed because the items were brand named expensive cosmetics. Not very professional in my opinion but hey, nobody's perfect I guess.

They care about their clients, and are well involved in their recovery . I attented this facility and have been sober ever since. I would definitely recommend this treatment center to anyone struggling.

Very very good place the staff go above and beyond to help you in any way possible I've been threw a few places before and couldn't get the help I needed this is the only place that actually gives you proper individual therapy and support you need to get and stay sober. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone trying to get and stay sober

Great environment friendly staff equipped you with all the tools to remain clean and sober for longer than most places staff is very personable and care about each client even though I definitely recommend giving California prime the shop

When I think of California Prime Recovery, I literally think of the acronym CPR, because this facility has helped save my life! When I entered CPR I was merely a human excisiting, but with the guiding hand of the clinical team and support staff, I've learned that I am much more than that. I am a human being that deserves life! I no longer feel alone. Also, as a perk, it is a individualized program & they actually accommodate to the best of their abilities. I am eternally grateful! I love California Prime Recovery!

My experience at California Prime helped broaden my experience with recovery and the staff were extremely helpful with any and all accommodations that were needed by myself or any other clients. California Prime genuinely cared about my sobriety and in helping me achieve it. California Prime provided me another chance at life and it's a life beyond my dreams.

California Prime Recovery is unlike any other treatment program I have attended. As a recent graduate of their program I can attest to their hands on commitment to each client. They developed an individualized treatment plan for me including PTSD coping skills, seeking safety Cognitive Behavior Training, and various other physical activities to keep me active. I cannot stress how this company's day to day, hands on work with me has helped me get to where I am now. I recommend anyone who is struggling with addiction to come to California Prime Recovery where they can gives you the tools, and whatever help you need to be successful in your recovery.

For years I had struggled with my addiction, in and out of programs and institutions. When I got to CPR it was the first time I felt welcomed, and not alone. The staff was AMAZING, and the program wasn't like any I had done before. I felt like there was hope for me, and that was the first time I felt that way in a very long time. I want to thank CPR and the staff for all they have done, and I cannot wait to see what my future has in store for me.

Watching my brother struggling with drugs over the years has been very tough. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling of hopelessness, thats why we are so thankful that we have found California Prime. So far he is doing well, and he is staying positive. Last time I saw him, he just looked better and happier! I just really want to thank 3 individuals in particular for being there during his tough times! It really means a lot!

Laguna Treatment Hospital