California Prime Recovery in Fountain Valley, CA

17330 Newhope Street Unit A
Fountain Valley CA 92708

California Prime Recovery Philosophy

California Prime Recovery has dedicated itself to providing a treatment experience that provides individuals with the tools necessary to live a happy and healthy life free of substances. Each individual may suffer from the same underlying problem, but each individual is unique. Our evidence based addiction treatment program incorporates innovative treatment modalities that are tailored to each individuals needs.

• Trauma & Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT)
    Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT) uses the brain’s innate ability to adapt to change in a healing way, essentially “retraining” the brain to respond differently to familiar memories of trauma or pain.

• Intensive Outpatient
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Core Program

Professionals Track

MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment)

Stephen Carmel

Founder & CEO

I began my journey to recovery back in 2011 when I moved to California from New York. Along with my recovery and beginning a new way of life, I began to develop a heart for others struggling with sobriety. My journey to California was filled with many trials and lessons learned, but most of all, personal growth. I truly believe I would not have found success if I didn’t come to California.
I started CPR as a way to work with people in recovery on a daily basis and it evolved into something much more beautiful. I have also come to realize that my own personal happiness and recovery depends on being involved in the lives of people in recovery. Helping others recover is a cornerstone of many 12 step programs, as it is here. Giving back to those still suffering, is the only way not to lose what you have gained. It is the paradox that we live by every day.

Charee Marquez, LMFT

Clinical Director

Charee has worked in the recovery field for 10 years. Charee is dedicated to supporting and inspiring clients to live a healthy lifestyle filled with meaning and purpose. Charee has extensive clinical experience within the recovery field in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She specializes in working with individuals and families affected by the disease of addiction however she has also clinical experience in assisting individuals, couples and families in working through a variety of concerns, including: depression, anxiety, relationship & communication issues, substance abuse, grief & loss, trauma, life transitions, and many others. Charee works with each client to specialize their treatment plan with what works best for the client in a compassionate and effective way. She emphasizes the strength of every individual client and fosters an environment of personal growth and internal healing from a mind, body and spiritual approach. Charee received her Bachelor of Arts from Seton Hall University, Majoring in Psychology and Minoring in Women and Gender Studies, in addition to her Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Southern California.

ABOUT CALIFORNIA PRIME RECOVERY

Based in suburban Orange County's Fountain Valley, California Prime Recovery (CPR) is one of the state's 517 (39.4 percent) facilities to offer an intensive outpatient program (IOP) for individuals struggling with substance abuse. According to the facility's website, many clients enter the program as step-down care from an inpatient or residential facility.

Outpatient treatment is offered at three levels. Providing six hours of care, five days per week, the facility's day treatment program is the most intensive level of care and a treatment track provided at only 242 (18.5 percent) of California facilities. The facility also provides an intensive outpatient program (IOP), which provides three hours of care, five days per week, and outpatient program (OP), which provides one hour of care typically twice per week.

CPR emphasizes that its programs are individualized to each client’s needs. Clients are introduced to the 12-Steps during treatment, as well as participate in individual and group therapy, process groups, and life skills workshops. In addition, the facility provides a range of holistic options, such as yoga, fitness activities, and music therapy. CPR also takes advantage of its Southern California setting, offering outings such as hiking, surfing, and paddle boarding trips, as well as indoor rock climbing sessions.

Programs are split into three progressive phases, each with its own milestones. This approach enables both clients and staff to set obtainable goals and measure client progress. CPR’s website notes that its offerings also include structured aftercare programs, but does not specify programming specifics.

CPR employs a team of substance abuse professional, licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFT), a clinical director, and support staff.

**WHAT ALUMNI SAY"

At the time of this writing, nearly 50 alumni had submitted feedback to Rehabs com about this facility. All but one awarded CPR the highest five-star rating for the major category of the Rehabs.com survey: overall effectiveness. The one survey respondent who evaluated a series of metrics, Marisa, also awarded perfect five-star ratings for the facility's counseling options, the level of family participation, and for the staff's level of experience and training.

A number of these former clients indicated they would recommend CPR to others. In a representative review, an anonymous alum wrote, "This is the only place that actually gives you proper individual therapy and support you need to get and stay sober. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone trying to get and stay sober."

Another reviewer offered the following testimonial, "When I think of California Prime Recovery, I literally think of the acronym CPR, because this facility has helped save my life!" Reviewers ceaselessly credited the center with being life-saving, commenting upon the staff's commitment to high-quality care. "Out of all the intensive out patient programs in Southern California I confidently say Cal Prime is the best," one former client noted.

At the time of this writing, CPR also had a perfect five-star average rating on Yelp based on six reviews.[1] Several of these reviewers identified themselves as fellow professionals in the field or friends of the founder; however, some also spoke in glowing, if somewhat vague, terms of their own treatment at the facility, repeatedly praising the staff and noting how comfortable they felt at the facility. “I was impressed with the support I received from CPR, the staff is very friendly and I felt very safe with them, they treated me extremely well and professionally,” Nathan wrote.

Reviews on secondary sites were extremely positive at the time of this writing. Five Google reviewers all gave perfect five-star ratings, and each commented upon the high-quality staff and care.[1] The sole Yelp reviewer to date also provided five out of five stars.[2] "The staff was top notch, professional but down to earth and there seemed to be a general lack of Ego in the building which is huge," B.C. wrote. Perfect five-star ratings were also awarded from eight Facebook users to date, though the facility does have the ability to manage its page.[3]

To date, two family members submitted reviews of this facility to Rehabs.com. The sister of a former client had positive feedback to report about her brother's experience at CPR. She wrote, "Watching my brother struggling with drugs over the years has been very tough. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling of hopelessness, thats why we are so thankful that we have found California Prime." She added: "So far he is doing well, and he is staying positive. Last time I saw him, he just looked better and happier!"

The other reviewer, a parent of a former client, noted that his son did not stay at the facility longer than a day due to dirty conditions.

According to CPR’s website, the organization accepts most preferred provider organization (PPO) insurance policies, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Healthcare.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/california-prime-recovery-fountain-valley
[3] https://www.facebook.com/pg/CaliforniaPrimeRecovery/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on February 2019

Michael L

I would 100% recommend this place for anyone seeking treatment. The staff was the best part of this place. Direct care staff was extremely helpful. Case managers helped me tremendously as well. And finally, all of the therapists really helped me out and got me through some really tough times and I feel better than ever. My only complaint about the program is clients being on their phones too much and being disrespectful to staff.

Kyle

Cali Prime is a fun and great place for recovery

Cameron

California prime was there for me when I was no there for myself

Omar

Cali Prime was an amazing experience, staff is fantastic and examples of that are, they have always been there for me when I needed help, they stick their neck out for me, they go above and beyond to make sure I’m feeling comfortable and at ease. I highly recommend Cali Prime to anyone seeking treatment, because if you truly want to do this sobriety thing for the long run, Cali Prime will help guid you every step of the way to make sure you have a safe and long recovery! Thanks Cali Prime!

Ac

Highly recommended. Great patient and understanding staff. Can’t thank California Prime enough.

Brandon

i love this place, it was the best decision i ever made in my life coming here. outpatient doesnt get any better than this place at all

ar

Effective treatment and great staff. Learned a lot and built a foundation to move on to the next step in recovery.

Dominic

great program genuinly care

ryan

very great staff very supportive and caring would recommend this place to anyone in recovery

PS

This place saved myself

MW

Great facility.

SR

The staff at CPR genuinely care about the well being of their clients. They have meaningful groups, while also having adventurous outings to show clients sobriety can be fun. They have given me the longest clean time I've ever had. I'm grateful for the staff and fellow clients here.

CS

Great atmosphere, people who actually care about you. Will do whatever it takes to help.

JF

Effective treatment and professional staff at treatment and sober living facility

Sandra

Very good sober place it helps and they support you to the fullest of your recovery!

Nick

One of the best places I have ever been through! Staff helped me out with everything i needed and went above and beyond for me. Therapist are very knowledgeable and group flow well and there is great support. Would recommend everyone that needs help to go there.

TS

I came to California Prime Recovery not knowing what to expect. All I knew is that I had an open mind to create a new life for myself, and I was determined to become a better person. The team at California Prime helped me achieve that. I had also just started a full time job, so they helped me balance my work and my program to ensure they didn’t get in the way of eachother. Between my therapy sessions and group sessions, I was given tools that I use to this day to live and lead a successful life. This is a place and a team that truly care for the well being of their clients. I am grateful for California Prime, and thankful that it is a stepping stone in my recovery.

Tf

This place way amazing. l wouldn't be where I am today without them

Bryce

This is one of the best treatment centers I had the pleasure of attending! The activities and structure combined helped me with the life skills I was lacking and I’m definitely in fear of once again of being a good man!! Thanks again to all the staff🤗

Daniel

The staff and overall atmosphere of CPR is warm, cozy and extremely inviting. As a graduate of the program, I felt right at home and enjoyed everyday of my stay with the staff and clients. The staff are all extremely professional and most importantly helpful and impactful for my recovery. The clinical director is an amazing professional who works very hard and always puts her clients first. My therapist is the most amazing woman I ever met and would do anything to support my recovery. The food is fantastic - you will never go hungry. The staff makes sure you are also having fun in recovery by taking you on awesome escursions. I love this place and would recommend it to anyone in need of a life hanging experience.

Bryan

CPR played a pivotal role in my recovery. Staff and clinical support were very accommodating to each clients individual needs. Group and individual therapy sessions left me feeling uplifted on a daily basis. Group outings were great! (Surfing,hiking,bowling,rock climbimb. Had a blast with them all.) CPR taught me that there was hope for happiness in recovery. I was provided help and the means to create a resume, & help with job searching. Individually I would like to thank first my Therapist, Clinical Director, & Case Manager at CPR. You guys were there for the transformation of a lifetime. I came in hopeless and left with confidence, motivation, self care & mental stability. Thank you sooooo much!!!!

sprout

Awesome place to get help. They really care

Henry

Staff was incredibly involved and helped guide me through the early part of my recovery after inpatent treatment. Love them like family and I am forever grateful for the opportunity I now have to live life well in part to the services received ta Cali prime

CG

Amazing place. I have never seen my son make the kind of changes he made while here. I’m so happy to have my son back. After many failed attempts I thought all hope was lost, but he now is working a good job, staying sober, and a part of the family again. Thank you California Prime for everything you’ve done for my family!

Zach

Staff is super friendly and supportive - truly care about your well being! They really challenge you to be the person you to deserve to be and help you set goals for yourself. Supper accommodative to interviews, work, doc. Appointments etc. highly recommend from my personal experience!

Brady

Awsome treatment great staff, great groups and great outings

LM

Cali Prime is amazing. The staff really cares about the clients, especially the clinical director! They take the time out of their day to make sure that clients are doing well and succeeding. They definitely give you all the tools you need to level up in life. My therapist was amazing and made me feel so comfortable with sharing my issues and we always found a solution. After getting kicked out another treatment center, I know I wouldn’t have been able to get sober at all if it wasn’t for California Prime.

TM

Do not go here! Severely understaffed, disorganized, and how's manager was terrible! Their turnover rate is so high well I was there I can't tell you how many staff I saw come and go. Several house managers relapsed. The groups were so large I don't know if anybody felt comfortable sharing! My individual therapist was really helpful and worked really hard with me but the overall program has terrible leadership I think they care just about making money.

joseph

California Prime worked wonders for me! The staff is excellent! They are very caring, thorough, and attentive. All of the staff helped me so much in so many ways, i truely felt love and fellowship. I had the best therapist in the world and she helped me so much. The groups are mad lit and full of dope incite. 10/10 would definitely recover here again! One love

ZS

I am grateful for all california prime did for me. Staff made recovery seem possible.

Rob

Overall a fantastic program. From clinical to support staff, everybody was super helpful and caring. They made my transition into early sobriety as smooth as possible.

DB

California Prime is where I broke down and had complete demoralization I relapsed there and they gave me a second chance. This place truely has helped me on my spiritual journey, and help me grow into a productive member of society. I have been in and out of treatments, and the staff here really cares. I have made really good friends here with the staff, and other clients. Recovery is what you put into it and you find out what works for you, AA, spirituality, or whatever makes you happy. The therapist are amazing. California Prime is an acception treatment facility.

Brett

Cali Prime is an amazing IOP program. The staff really cares and even followed up with me upon my graduation. I would recommend California Prime Recovery to anyone looking for outpatient services.

Kylynn

California Prime was a breath of fresh air. After attending multiple treatment centers and still unable to collect even a small amount of sobriety, I was introduced to California Prime. While hesitant at first, any reservations quickly vanished when meeting the caring staff. Both the support and clinical team will go beyond to cater to the individual. The intimate size of the center allowed for a more communal atmosphere and I was treated as a client rather than a number. The program offers a variety of activities on a weekly basis as well as educational groups that are discussion based. I can not accurately express my appreciation for this center, it’s staff, and the continued support I have received even after graduating. This is a treatment center with the intention to help it is NOT in it for the money and is certainly NOT a flop house.

Stefan

I completed 90 days of treatment at CPR and would recommend their services to anyone searching for a solid treatment center. The staff care about the clients, and do their best to help everyone who attends the program. California Prime helped save my life and I wouldn't trade my experience there for anything. If you or a loved one needs help with addiction, don't hesitate to contact them and ask for help. They'll do everything in their power to help you, and I for one am grateful for the program and the experience I had.

Lily

I love this place it helped me save my own life. Ive been to many many rehabs and this is the only place that i have been succesful at! Super caring and loving staff and they help with everything. I am so thankful God placed me there at the right time. Ive been out for a few months now and still sober and i will never forget this place. I have the most sober time ive had in my whole life now all thanks to God and Cali Prime.

Brittany

Awesome program, staff very well engaged with clients and specific care. Been to a few treatment centers myself and this is the only one I managed to stay sober through

CB

Beware! I can only rate on facility because my son was only there 1-2 hours. Everything sounded great. I was told he would be in a house. My son called shortly arriving at the residence. I quote," we have to find another place, this is a shady looking apartment with trash everywhere. It looks like no one has every done any chores". My son is not the cleanest, so it had to be pretty bad! I quickly called another sober house managers and he picked him up immediately. Someone with the house did call me and assured me he was going to find out what was going on and they did not have apartments. He said mad he was going to go speak with him and make sure he got him somewhere else where he felt safe and was happy with. My son was a few hours out of recovery center and they had no idea he was not even there any longer!

GB

Out of all the intensive out patient programs in Southern California I confidently say Cal Prime is the best. Tthe owner cares way to much and his team follows in his direction. I recently just referred a loved one who needed help. I am grateful he was so open and willing to help in a desperate situation.

Kirk

This place is amazing! Truly helping many people recover and become better human beings. They have helped me to learned my purpose in life, as well as given me the tools to help fulfill that purpose. I truly owe everything to the wonderful people here at CPR! I couldn’t be more thankful. I want to come back and work for them one day, and become a part of this great team of treatment staff. God is working in many people’s lives through this center and the staff here. Thanks for helping me get my life back CPR!

Kanon

California Prime operates with the dedication, professionalism, and compassion that is second to none in this industry. The staff goes above and beyond expectations to make sure the clients get the caliber of care needed to obtain the ultimate end goal of maintaining long-term sobriety.

Bd

Treatment level of care was decent besides the fact that I returned after discharging to pick up some belongings that I left and a few items were stolen and not included with my things: severely disappointed because the items were brand named expensive cosmetics. Not very professional in my opinion but hey, nobody's perfect I guess.

Marisa

They care about their clients, and are well involved in their recovery . I attented this facility and have been sober ever since. I would definitely recommend this treatment center to anyone struggling.

Brandon

Very very good place the staff go above and beyond to help you in any way possible I've been threw a few places before and couldn't get the help I needed this is the only place that actually gives you proper individual therapy and support you need to get and stay sober. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone trying to get and stay sober

Parker

Great environment friendly staff equipped you with all the tools to remain clean and sober for longer than most places staff is very personable and care about each client even though I definitely recommend giving California prime the shop

Robert H

When I think of California Prime Recovery, I literally think of the acronym CPR, because this facility has helped save my life! When I entered CPR I was merely a human excisiting, but with the guiding hand of the clinical team and support staff, I've learned that I am much more than that. I am a human being that deserves life! I no longer feel alone. Also, as a perk, it is a individualized program & they actually accommodate to the best of their abilities. I am eternally grateful! I love California Prime Recovery!

KB

My experience at California Prime helped broaden my experience with recovery and the staff were extremely helpful with any and all accommodations that were needed by myself or any other clients. California Prime genuinely cared about my sobriety and in helping me achieve it. California Prime provided me another chance at life and it's a life beyond my dreams.

Joseph

California Prime Recovery is unlike any other treatment program I have attended. As a recent graduate of their program I can attest to their hands on commitment to each client. They developed an individualized treatment plan for me including PTSD coping skills, seeking safety Cognitive Behavior Training, and various other physical activities to keep me active. I cannot stress how this company's day to day, hands on work with me has helped me get to where I am now. I recommend anyone who is struggling with addiction to come to California Prime Recovery where they can gives you the tools, and whatever help you need to be successful in your recovery.

DC

For years I had struggled with my addiction, in and out of programs and institutions. When I got to CPR it was the first time I felt welcomed, and not alone. The staff was AMAZING, and the program wasn't like any I had done before. I felt like there was hope for me, and that was the first time I felt that way in a very long time. I want to thank CPR and the staff for all they have done, and I cannot wait to see what my future has in store for me.

Yc

Watching my brother struggling with drugs over the years has been very tough. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling of hopelessness, thats why we are so thankful that we have found California Prime. So far he is doing well, and he is staying positive. Last time I saw him, he just looked better and happier! I just really want to thank 3 individuals in particular for being there during his tough times! It really means a lot!