Campobello Chemical Dependency Treatment Services

3250 Guerneville Road, Santa Rosa, California, 95403

4.4

About Campobello Chemical Dependency Treatment Services

Campobello Chemical Dependency Treatment Services provides residential and outpatient support to adult men and women struggling with addiction. Residential treatment consists of highly structured daily activities such as individual, family, and group counseling sessions, educational classes, recreational activities, chores, and assigned homework. Medication and detoxification are provided as needed.

Residential Treatment

Intensive Outpatient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Lives damaged by the disease of addiction can and do improve.
  • A brain damaged by alcohol and drugs can heal.
  • Alcoholism and addiction are neurological, physiological and behavioral problems. We offer evidence-based education and counseling.

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT CAMPOBELLO CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY TREATMENT SERVICES

From a converted ranch surrounded by vineyards and a dairy farm in Northern California, the private rehab Campobello Chemical Dependency Center offers treatment for adults struggling with substance use disorder or a dual diagnosis (provided that any psychiatric disorders are stabilized on medication). Campobello is one of the 200 residential facilities in the state of California that offers medical detox services; residential and outpatient care are available.

Campobello’s treatment philosophy believes in treating all clients with “unconditional positive regard.” The facility combines evidence-based education and counseling with 12-step practices and community support to change behavior and empower clients.

Upon admission, each client is assigned a “buddy” to guide them through the first few days of treatment. Residential treatment at Campobello typically begins with detox in a unit that is staffed 24 hours a day and offers medication as appropriate for clients.

The treatment program also includes individual counseling, group therapy, addiction education, recreational activities, daily chores, and recovery-based homework assignments. Local 12-step meetings are brought on-site five nights a week, and loved ones can arrange for individual and family therapy sessions on Saturdays, and visit on Sunday afternoons.

Clients who successfully complete the program are eligible to attend weekly aftercare groups on-site free of charge for two years after completing treatment. For those who live further from the center, services are contracted with providers in San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, San Jose, Modesto, and Sacramento to meet this need.

Campobello's staff includes licensed and certified addiction counselors.The staff-to-client ratio is 1:4, and the center is staffed 24 hours a day.

The 25-bed residential facility sits on a converted ranch in west Santa Rosa, with plenty of outdoor space, as well as a meditation area and recreational activities such as swimming, basketball, and volleyball. There's a full-time housekeeper to maintain the facility, and residents have access to free laundry facilities. Transportation to and from the campus can be arranged.

The three alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave positive feedback, all reporting that the facility had helped them to achieve lasting sobriety. "Helped me get clean and stay clean," Cindy wrote in a typical comment. Both of the alumni polled on the center's performance in a variety of areas gave it five-star ratings for the overall quality of its individual and group counseling, and they gave the facility's holistic offerings a four-star rating and a five-star rating.

Secondary sites yielded mixed feedback, skewing positive, at the time of this writing: Campobello has average ratings of four stars based on five reviews on Google, 4.9 stars based on 21 reviews on Facebook (where the facility can manage its own page), and three stars based on six reviews on Yelp, plus a single four-star rating on CiteHealth.[1] [2] [3] [4]

The positive reviewers described a down-to-earth, comfy facility with helpful staff: "Affordable treatment with a good Family Program. Staff are friendly and professional... The food is great and the setting is casual and caring," one reviewer wrote in a typical comment on CiteHealth. But more than one reviewer complained of dirty conditions and friction between staff, causing difficulties for clients.

Both of the loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date would recommend Campobello. "My personal experience has been positive with this treatment facility. My family member continues to be drug free and have a successful lifestyle," one reviewer wrote in a typical comment — though one reviewer noted a lack of aftercare and the other complained that family counseling was only available once a week. The single loved one polled on the center's family participation and ability to treat co-occurring disorders gave it five-star ratings in each category.

The single staffer polled by Rehabs.com to date gave negative feedback, writing: "It's really all about the money, not the care, especially for upper management," and giving Campobello just two stars for its honesty and its willingness to put patients' interests first — though they did add that the client-facing staff "are loyal to the clients."

The cost of treatment isn't published, but Campobello does accept private insurance. There's no financial assistance, but staff can help clients fill in disability forms, as they might be eligible for State Disability income.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/3hreeheadeddragon/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/campobello-chemical-dependency-recovery-center-santa-rosa?osq=Campobello+Chemical+Dependency
[4] https://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/california/cities/santa-rosa/campobello-chemical-dependency-based-at-3250-guerneville-road

Accreditations & Licenses
  • ADP
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.4/5
    3.8/5
    4.8/5
    4.5/5

• Ken
    I have a son here at Campobello and have some concerns (cancelled important family Saturday meetings and way to much down time during the week as per my son and other patients that are there tell me). I called Campobello over the weekend and after voicing my concerns to a staff member who answered the phone they agreed with my concerns and said they were aware of this and suggested for me to (their words not mine) "go straight to the top". So, I call the owner on Monday morning to bring up my concerns to him and the response I got from him was unbelievable. He got very defensive and argumentative. I was so shocked this was a response I get coming from an owner of a rehab facility. I really did not feel that he did care about me or my concerns. It felt to me that his concern was he received my money and nothing else mattered. I would do anything for my son and pay any amount which I paid cash using my life savings and retirement of $10,300.00 out of pocket since our insurance did not cover any of it. There are many other options to take my son for treatment other then Campobello. I only wish he would have shown a little more compassion and not have gotten so defensive and rude. I also hope and pray to god my son gets the help & care we were promised. That is all we ask from Campobello. My son will have to do the rest. "Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I Can Not Change, The Courage To Change The Things I Can And The Wisdom To Know The Difference"
  • Ricky
    Thanks and God bless you all at camp o 🙏🏼 I went there for 31 days in July 2015 .. The staff was awesome and really cared about my successful recovery and the classes were very informative also the food was very good.. Today I am one year and four days sober 😉thanks again and God bless you all for helping me in my sobriety 🇺🇸
    Good program but needs better aftercare.
    It's really all about the money, not the care, especially for upper management. Sacrifice care for money. The staff, even though poorly paid, are loyal to the clients.
    The treatment worked and continues to work. Family counseling was only available on one day of the week. My personal experience has been positive with this treatment facility. My family member continues to be drug free and have a successful lifestyle.
  • Cindy
    Helped me get clean and stay clean.
  • Constance
    Great program. The facility itself is somewhat run down. It did the job and I now have over 12 years clean, no relapses.