Canyon Crossing Recovery for Women in Prescott, AZ

819 C W Gurley Street
Prescott AZ 86305

Canyon Crossing Recovery for Women Philosophy

Located in Prescott, Arizona, Canyon Crossing Recovery is a transitional living facility designed exclusively for women. The 12-step based program combines a structured living environment with intensive outpatient care to address the core issues that contribute to continued drug and alcohol abuse. Women are taught how to change self-destructive behavioral patterns, manage cravings, identify triggers, and live a life filled with confidence, self-love, and grace. Living in a nurturing and supportive environment with their peers, clients become self-empowered, learn how to establish meaningful relationships, and begin to build a solid foundation for long-lasting recovery.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Spiritual Retreats

Family Workshops

Snowboarding Trips

Justin Bachman

Chief Administrative Officer/Owner

Justin is an individual who is intensely committed to, and passionate about, helping others achieve a healthy, balanced, productive, and happier life in recovery. He is an active participant in the local recovery community and brings his passion for helping others to CCR-OTC. Justin believes the transitional IOP model is a level of care necessary in order for the recovering addict and/or alcoholic to learn how to live life on life’s terms clean and sober. He understands that a firm foundation in the 12 steps, coupled with the tools necessary to confront and address irrational thoughts and behaviors, is the cornerstone to achieving sustained recovery and a better life. Justin himself is a member of the Prescott recovery community and an example of success in recovery. He resides locally in the Prescott area with his wife and daughter.

Erin Bachman

Director of Operations/Owner

Erin Bachman is the Director of Operations for CCR-OTC along with the Program Director for Canyon Crossing Recovery. She is also the owner of both facilities. Erin and her husband opened Canyon Crossing Recovery in November of 2012. It had always been Erin’s dream to open a facility for women afflicted with addictions on all levels. She wanted a place where women could come and find themselves. More than anything she wanted it to be a place that women could learn and be challenged to find out the true nature of their disease and leave equipped to handle life on life's terms while fighting for their lives. Erin created a program well seasoned in dealing with gender specific treatment for women since she knows one size does not fit all. She knew that although the journey and road would be tough she wanted to open a facility that was willing to take on the challenge of battling the disease and delusion that comes with it. Many say that Erin will tell you the truth despite what you want to hear and will not cosign the disease of addictions manipulation and bondage of self. She has created a team of unique and honorable men and women ready to handle the daily challenges and miracles they face each day when dealing with their clients at Canyon Crossing.

ABOUT CANYON CROSSING RECOVERY FOR WOMEN

Canyon Crossing Recovery is a transitional living facility for women struggling with substance abuse. The Arizona-based program combines a structured sober living environment with partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), outpatient, and aftercare services services. The facility gives clients the opportunity to practice recovery skills in real-life situations, and become familiar with the recovery resources in the surrounding community. The facility is in a residential area close to downtown Prescott.

Treatment at Canyon Crossing Recovery focuses on the specific needs of women in treatment. The facility only admits women to the program and employs mostly women on the treatment staff. Clients are enrolled in different programming options based on their evaluation by representatives. Clients in need of more structured supervision during the day are enrolled in the PHP or IOP programs. Otherwise, clients enroll in the outpatient program.

All programming options focus on providing clients with the behavioral development and educational resources to continue their recovery outside of a facility. Educational courses are offered to develop sober living skills as well as to help build sober living habits. Clients participate in individual counseling as well as counseling for specific disorders. Family counseling is also available and encouraged.

The treatment programs use various modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dual diagnosis to identify and address problem behaviors. In addition, clients participate in case management services as well as alternative therapies. These include equine therapy, outdoor therapies, and ropes courses to name a few.

During treatment, clients are required to participate in weekly drug testing. Clients also receive aftercare planning services including services to help them connect with local recovery support groups. 12-steps group participation is highly encouraged during and after treatment.

The facility was founded by a woman in recovery, and many staff members have also journeyed through addiction and recovery.

The staff-to-client ratio is 1:2, and staff members include a clinical psychologist, a doctor of osteopathy, a nurse practitioner, a bachelor’s level therapist, and a licensed addiction counselor. The facility is provides licensed programs that are certified by the State of Arizona and have the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission.

The transitional living facility at Canyon Crossing Recovery offers 20 beds in shared rooms. Pictures published on the facility’s website show family-style living areas with a communal living room and a full kitchen. Clients also have access to outdoor areas and guided therapies in the surrounding area. Special diets can be accommodated as needed.

To date, reviews from more than a dozen former clients indicated that that Canyon Crossing offers effective treatment. Many only provided written feedback.

The eight alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing on additional metrics gave the facility average ratings of 4.5 out of five stars for its staff’s level of experience and training, its affordability, and its cleanliness, and 4.38 out of five stars for its counseling options and its connectivity.

Out of five stars, exercise and leisure provisions received an average rating of 4.25, while family participation received an average rating of 4.63. “Staff are extremely passionate, attentive to all aspects of client care, and are highly trained and skillful in what they do. I noticed they had an individualized approach to my treatment, and also integrated psychiatric services, primary care, mental health, health and nutrition, and psychotherapy,” wrote alum H.S. in a representative review.

On Google, the facility earned an average of 4.2 out of five stars from 19 reviews at the time of this writing.[1] Most alumni noted their success with the program and the quality of the alumni program. Even critical one-star reviewer Haley noted that the program gave her two years of sobriety.

Loved ones also gave Canyon Crossing highly positive reviews to date. The nine friends and family surveyed about the facility’s treatment effectiveness gave it a perfect average rating of five out of five stars.

Numerous parents praised the facility and credited it with saving their child’s lives, including M.C.D. who said in a representative review: “After 7 months at Canyon Crossing Recovery my daughter joined us for a family vacation. She is a different person, more patient, more mature and more accepting of life and the people around her. ...Canyon Crossing provided the platform and structure she needed to maintain sobriety, rebuild relationships with her family and feel good about herself as a woman.”

Loved ones polled about the facility’s exercise offerings, level of family participation, facility cleanliness, affordability, and staff experience gave the facility five out of five stars.

At the time of this writing, five staff members provided written feedback about Canyon Crossing at Rehabs.com. The feedback was very positive. As one former staffer put it: “They are truly setting the bar higher when it comes to treatment and are getting results.”

The one staffer who completed a survey by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing also praised Canyon Crossing, giving the facility five out of five star ratings for its family participation, its cleanliness, and its staff’s level of training and experience.

Canyon Crossing Recovery accepts private insurance from a wide range of programs including Cigna, Aetna, and United Healthcare to name a few. It is unclear if self-pay and financing are available.

[1] https://goo.gl/YdbJKj

Published on October 2017

Canyon Crossing Recovery saved my daughter's life! This group of professionals definitely know how to help and save girls lives. They work so hard every day and every hour to get deep in the roots of addiction and overcome that disease. At the same time they help girls to learn how to live healthy independent life again. I am also amazed that all therapists and staff are in recovery themselves and I think this why they are so successful in helping others. Thank you so much for your great work.

I have been to multiple treatment centers, and canyon has been the first one that has worked for me. I can't express how greatful I am, and how much the canyon staff has helped me with not only my heroin addiction, but also my trauma and family issues. This is definitely a hard program, but it was worth it because now I am able to live clean and happy. I would for sure recommend this program if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and /or alcoholism.

I believe that my Higher Power has brought me to Canyon Crossing for my daughter's recovery. The knowledge and individualized treatment is extraordinary. The girls have support from day one and are transformed from within. The environment is so supportive and a special sisterhood is formed from their experience together. My daughter has learned how to be independent and full of self-worth and confidence. I'm so proud of her. I would choose Canyon over again and will hopefully get a chance to lead others there for recovery as well.

1 review 5.0 star rating 5/23/2017 I was a client at canyon crossing and my experience was life changing. I have two years and two months sober. I'm starting grad school this fall to follow my dream to become a therapist with a speciality in equine assisted mental health. The owners and staff took personal interest in my care and recovery. They showed me love and through that love they taught me how to love myself. I know how to show up for life as a responsible adult today. I'm still in Prescott and meet the new girls at canyon to show them what sisters in recovery look like. Canyon Crossing has a special place in my heart. I also worked for Canyon for a few months as a house manner. I had lots of support from the staff, therapist and owners. They were always just a phone call away when i need help or an answer to something. It was a wonderful opportunity to give back to an organization that gave me my life back.

Canyon Crossing Recovery is a premier treatment program for woman. Canyon Crossing provides an integrative treatment system using best practice modalities and approaches. Canyon Crossing addresses the whole woman, treating addiction and mental health simultaneously. As a counselor, It is by far one the best programs, I've worked with...and the staff is outstanding!!!

Best recovery you could ask for! Before they founded Canyon Crossing they helped me to rebuild my life and turn me into when I am today. I went from in the gutter 5 years ago to an amazing job, beautiful wife and handsome son now. It was a long journey to get to where I am today but deep in my heart beleive and know if it wasn't for these amazing people it never would have been possible!!

I am a family nurse practitioner and I have worked with the staff and owners of Canyon Crossing for over three years. The care and compassion they provide is an easy model for me to follow as this is the way I practice! I rate the facility TOP NOTCH! Five stars or the equivalent of excellent!

I work in the field and am often heartbroken to hear about some of the experiences clients and families endure in the recovery process. I am so happy to know that Canyon Crossing is available to help this population that so desperately needs it! They are truly setting the bar higher when it comes to treatment and are getting results. Their care is completely comprehensive- offering outstanding therapeutic services along with psychiatric, primary care, sober living, peer accountability- it's a truly integrated, progressive program that again, yields results! I highly recommend Canyon Crossing!

Strengths: Teaching how to clean and make a bed. Weaknesses: Group sesssions are humiliating and very critical with no focus on positivity. Staff often resorts to treatment "punishment" like forcing silence..cleaning day cancelling treatment. Don't go. Too money focused and no equine program. They totally have a misleading website as far as advertising programs available and the med director is foul... is very rude and doesn't even live in Arizona!

Hello, While we can neither confirm or deny your participation in the program the claims you are making are false. We sometimes experience clients who are in severe denial to their addiction and behaviors. Often these clients make wild accusations about us because the pain of their reality is too much so they blame and focus their negative thinking onto the people who are close I proximity. It is easier for them to make us the enemy then them to face their issues. We wish to help everyone but sometimes the person doesn't want to be helped. Its an unfortunate part of this industry and we will weather the slander despite the clients inability to look at their own part.

All women facility teaching women valuable skills and insight to love themselves and live with integrity. Very caring staff, safe, very good at getting down to the root of the addiction. I can't think of any....... I can't say enough good things about Canyon Crossing. Our daughter went to several rehab facilities prior to Canyon and they don't even compare. Canyon has given us our daughter back and we now have a functioning family unit. What they have done for our daughter is absolutely a miracle. I couldn't have asked for a better facility, staff or program. Their methods and long term program are absolutely what our daughter needed to fight her addiction with drugs. They addressed her as a whole person and dealt with years of issues to give her the foundation she needed to get healthy and sober.

Womens only treatment CBT and DBT therapy Adventures Accountability Compassion It is a strict program which some of the women dont like but they need it. Thanks to CCR, our daughter is alive, clean and sober for over a year, is independent and surrounded by a loving support group, and now gives back of herself to the community that supports her ongoing recovery. She truly has become a woman with integrity and grace. It shows in every word she speaks. It also means that we as parents have learned so much about ourselves, our family and our own ability to have the courage to change and grow in order to support our daughter’s ongoing recovery, and find our own sanity. We will be forever grateful for the miracles that brought us to today. Other miracles continued to amaze us. CCR should be considered as a role model for treatment centers. Everything that is done every moment of the day is geared toward teaching each client to accept and love themselves, respect others, and support each other as they move through the recovery process. The staff are kind, loving, and have all been there and done that, so they know what each client is going through, and they know how to help, encourage and support them through the process. The wonderful thing about the workshops is that we as parents get to not only see firsthand this process at work, but we get to participate as well. While it was hard work, it was healing, it was educational, and most importantly participating in those workshops allowed us the opportunity to provide support to our daughter by learning new tools to communicate and practicing them in a supportive environment. Just like those girls do every day until they believe in themselves again. Our daughter embraced the program, she has since graduated, has worked for the program, gives back to the community, and continues to thrive in Prescott surrounded by a support group of many remarkable women from the community, from the clients at CCR, and from the staff as well. More miracles. The very hardest thing of all for us was to let go. We can no longer be the coach, director or player and have all the expectations that come with that. The best thing of all is that she is doing it on her own. One day at a time. Thank you Canyon Crossing Recovery for all you have done for our family.

In our search for after care programs ONLY at Canyon Crossing Recovery presented a program with ideals and processes that sounded consistent with our daughter's primary care facility. Sounded so committed to the success of each client, answered all my questions with passion and love, and even gave me the phone number for a personal reference of a grateful mother that I felt like CCR would be our daughter's best choice. They went so far as to save a bed for her while our daughter reviewed her options and made her choice without our influence. It was extremely hard for us to send our daughter 2,000 miles from home to spend six months with people we had never met. During her six-month stay, we watched our daughter blossom and grow into an independent young woman with integrity and grace. It has been an incredible journey. It was hard work every day for her as well as us. We attended two family workshops during which we were provided education and tools to facilitate family healing. To be able to witness such a wonderful transformation from lying, manipulating addict to thoughtful, kind, caring and introspective young adult, in both our daughter and other clients was nothing short of a miracle. The support we received from the staff on a weekly basis kept us sane. The support of CCR, as well as the sober community environment that has supported our daughter have encouraged her to work towards her life dreams with passion and new-found joy. Recovery is life-long, and success at CCR or any other program is only as good as the client's willingness to live and grow positively. I also believe that success is directly dependent upon the family's willingness to participate in the process.We are truly blessed to have our daughter back in health and mental fitness, and we are forever grateful for all that Canyon Crossing Recovery has done for her as well as us. It was truly a life-changing experience for all of us.

Highly trained staff, excellent clinical services with a multidisciplinary team, strong 12 step based components. Gender specific programming that meets the unique needs of women in recovery while addressing co-occurring issues that women in early recovery commonly face.

Staff are extremely passionate, attentive to all aspects of client care, and are highly trained and skillful in what they do. I noticed they had an individualized approach to my treatment, and also integrated psychiatric services, primary care, mental health, health and nutrition, and psychotherapy. This program is excellent for treatment of substance use, and co-occurring disorders. Their staff are so driven and enthusiastic to help!

The team is beyond efficient in their treatment and convey the message of recovery with such passion and tenacity, one cannot help but to hear it! This facility saves lives! Their care is compassionately and empathetically delivered by highly trained professionals. I highly recommend this facility.

Total comprehensive treatment. I believe Canyon is a wonderful place for women to receive treatment. They believe in personal integrity and it shows.

Accountability, passion, well organized, well structured, reliable, willing to help however possible, integrity. The accountability that this program enforces is both vital and remarkable for addicts/alcoholics in recovery. Core problems are addressed and challenged in order to progress through ones recovery. The staff are incredible, genuine, and highly dedicated.

Accountability, follow through with clients needs, coaching for family, supports clients with various issues. This program is the only one that was ever able to help me with my addiction. I was a chronic relapser and the staff at Canyon Crossing Recovery met me where I was emotionally and offered me the strength and hope I needed

Very comprehensive treatment and individualized. Excellent therapists and great housing staff. Excellent therapy for trauma and addressing co-occurring disorders and addictions. Great family program and family communication.

They have a strong program that supports recovery from addiction, the staff is very pro-active in personally assisting each client with her individual needs, the facility is known for producing strong women in recovery walking with integrity and grace, recovery from addiction is of upmost importance, there is a lot of support in the community and a strong familial bond between all the clients and staff. I had an excellent experience with this facility. The staff and community was extremely positive. There was strong support in the recovery program, and personalized attention to each client about their individual struggles and how to overcome them. There is a lot of attention on self-love and acceptance in conjunction with accountability and challenges to grow as a strong, healthy woman in recovery.

I, like many, had been to a handful of treatments and programs geared towards addiction and this is the first one that was not only focused on living sober and productively with addiction but also fulfill the dreams you already have it in you to achieve and needed a structured and healthier environment to obtain the strength to do so. My experience at CCR and the lessons I still expirence daily is unparalleled. To do this type of work and achieve the results this house and eventually this family produces cannot be an occupation, it must be a passion and I can very confidently say the staff and friends of the house in the community go above and beyond the call of duty in such a rough and sometimes painful world. It will not be easy, however it will be imensly worth it.

The staff is wonderful! The facilities are great! I have been able to see numerous women go through this program and become better individuals. If you are a women struggling with addiction I would suggest Canyon Crossing Recovery!

As a chronic relapser and someone who couldn't make it to 90 days without picking up a drink or a drug, Canyon Crossing was literally my last saving grace. I am now coming on 9 months clean and sober, which for the type of addict I was, is a miracle. I spent 6.5 months in the main house and now I live in the alumni house. Canyon Crossing provided the type of therapy and structure that someone like me needed. Yes it may have seemed hard at times, but without the struggles I experienced in my sobriety I wouldn't be the woman I am today; and regardless of the hard times I fell on the women and staff at Canyon Crossing NEVER EVER turned their back on me or walked away from me. Even in the moments where I was less than nice and wanted to walk away from it all they loved me regardless and always reminded how much I was loved and worth recovery. Not only that but Canyon taught me how to live again, from the basic stuff like doing laundry and cooking all the way to the big stuff such as budgeting and scheduling. I am now a woman who does not rely on drugs or alcohol to feel alright. I pay my own bills, I have an amazing job with the opportunity to move forward, I have rebuilt my relationships with my family and for the first time in 24 years I have friends. As much as I would like to give myself credit for all that I've accomplished in the past 9 months, I know damn well I wouldn't be where I'm at today without the love and support from ALL of those who help make Canyon what it is. I wouldn't change my experience for anything in the world today and for that I am truly grateful.

After 7 months at Canyon Crossing Recovery my daughter joined us for a family vacation. She is a different person, more patient, more mature and more accepting of life and the people around her. And, for the first time in many years, sober. Her sobriety has allowed her to find peace within herself. CCR supported her journey from a confused young woman with low self-esteem into a woman who now walks more confidently, and more sure of herself and her choices. Canyon Crossing provided the platform and structure she needed to maintain sobriety, rebuild relationships with her family and feel good about herself as a woman. The program promotes self-responsibility and challenges behaviors that lead to relapse. As parents, we benefited from the CCR family program. We learned how destructive our "help" has been. Weekly updates with CCR staff provided an opportunity to address concerns and helped us to understand what we needed to do to help our daughter succeed. We now enjoy an adult relationship with our daughter. Thank you to all of the CCR staff that supported our daughter on this journey.

My younger sister was addicted to opiates, benzodiazepines and methamphetamine. Before entering Canyon Crossing she was a loose cannon. I remember I would often have fears for her safety, and was deeply troubled on a regular basis due to the path she was headed down. In 2013 she entered the program. Being in recovery myself I had some notion of what she would go through as she began the daunting journey in recovery. Drug addicts and alcoholics while not in recovery are extremely manipulative, dishonest and selfish and my little sister was no exception to this. The person she had become was a far cry from the innocent care-free sibling I had known growing up. When she entered Canyon I would often get updates on her progress. She often complained of the intensity of the program. For example, the level of accountability each client is held to. This encouraged me because addicts and alcoholics NEED to be held accountable for their actions so that they may learn to take responsibility for their actions and thus be one step closer to changing their lives in a positive manner. My sister's path was not easy; she had her ups and downs and the staff without a doubt was hard on her. I could easily see how people would consider this "mean." However it is anything but that. They held my little sister responsible for her actions, and yes they were very upfront with no sugar coating on the approach, which is exactly what addicts need. However underlying this tough no nonsense approach was a spirit of love and community. I could tell the staff ginuinely cared for my sister and had her best interest at heart at all times. Yes, sometimes their measures were drastic, but we are talking about addiction which is a very real killer, which means that their measures were well within reason when looking at the reality of the situation. It is some two years later and I am beyond grateful to say my little sister is still clean and sober. But what's more is she has learned self-respect, integrity, responsibility and what it means to be a woman. She is currently on the road to finishing her bachelors degree and I finally have my baby sister back. In short the approach here is intense and the addict who is being confronted will probably not like it at the time, however, if they listen to the advice and take the guidance being given to them they too can end up like my little sister. I highly recommend Canyon Crossing.

After going to a 45 day inpatient treatment where I was able to get my body sober from heroin, I thankfully had the opportunity to go to Canyon Crossing which is where I was able to get mentally sober, and stay sober though the lessons I learned and the tools I gained while there. I am a Canyon Crossing alumni and I have over a year sober now due to the rigorous program that forced me to face my addiction head on but in a loving, supportive, and safe environment. Today I get to have my family back, I get to be financially self supporting, and I have a second family to support me though whatever I need. If I had not decided to continue my treatment at Canyon Crossing I do not believe I would have all of these beautiful things or even be sober today.

This is the first place I received such dedicated treatment to tackle all parts of the disease of addiction. I was able to come to terms and realize so many things that I never would have before. The core issues that I had were addressed and I was able to get better as a result of this. I am forever grateful to Canyon Crossing for all that I have learned and for the quality of recovery I have been shown throughout my stay. I learned how to live life on life's terms and how to use the tools of recovery to live day to day. The strength, dedication, time, and commitment from the staff is absolutely outstanding.

Canyon Crossing is, in my opinion, one of the best places for women's recovery in Arizona. They have an amazing, caring staff and an individualized approach to treatment. Women who successfully complete the program go on to become productive, sober members of society. I have recommended this program to everyone looking for a strong female facility because I truly believe in not only their program, but their results.

Excellent management team who is committed to the recovery of all their clients. They have an extraordinary level of expertise creating a culture within the program which has yielded strong results.

My daughter entered near death from a five-year heroin addiction, and has since graduated from Canyon Crossing. She is clear eyed, determined to remain drug free, employed, has goals for the future, has a circle of like-minded friends and a great local support system. She's learned to live life, and have fun(!) without the need for a drug on board. Though I was very vigilant throughout her program, at no time did I see any form of abuse (although granted, this is a tough program and perhaps the level of self-discipline learned and standards of behavior seem very foreign to one engulfed by a lifestyle of addiction). In my experience, the staff is passionately committed to their clients, and the expertise of counseling is outstanding. My daughter's comment: "They won't let me just slide through on my stuff! It's hard, but awesome!" The level of communication with families, follow through, and follow up is one of Canyon's real strengths — the family is part of the team. Family weekends, held intermittently, are invaluable in rebuilding bonds and communication often lost during addiction. They can be grueling, but worth it. In any addiction, you have to want recovery, and want it badly enough to work for it, look deeply at issues, change behaviors. Canyon is not a summer camp, it is a well rounded, comprehensive program that offers a real foundation for a real future. As a parent "veteran," I recommend Canyon Crossing very highly. More importantly, so does my daughter.

Very awesome place! Staff is amazing and go out of their way to help!

The staff is very committed to the success of the clients that have the benefit of attending their facility... If you are looking for an honest facility for you or a loved one you will not be disappointed with the level of knowledge and professionalism that you will get at Canyon Crossing.

My daughter greatly benefitted from their structure. I benefitted from family weeks. Counselors and staff who are recovered addicts understand what is needed; they support the women/girls but don't allow manipulation and will fight for you to make it.

Silver Sands Recovery