CeDAR - Center for Dependency, Addiction, and Rehabilitation in Aurora, CO

Call (877) 999-0538 to Contact CeDAR - Center for Dependency, Addiction, and Rehabilitation

1693 N. Quentin Street
Aurora CO 80045

CeDAR - Center for Dependency, Addiction, and Rehabilitation Philosophy

CeDAR (Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation) is a world-class residential addiction and co-occurring disorder treatment facility regarded for our integrated partnership within The University of Colorado Hospital, a nationally recognized academic medical center. This partnership allows our highly specialized multidisciplinary treatment team to provide comprehensive care to patients age 18 and over utilizing advanced evidenced based psychosocial, medical and psychiatric approaches. These advanced capabilities allow us to provide personalized treatment addressing specific medical, psychological, social and spiritual needs that lead many of us into addiction. Levels of care include: Detoxification, Primary Residential Program (31-days), Residential Extended Care, Outpatient Services / IOP, Impaired Professionals Program, Ascent Elite Athlete Program, Family Week, CARSS Program (Cedar Alumni Support Services Program), CeDAR’s tranquil atmosphere, nestled within a private seven-acre tract on the Anschutz Medical Campus, is remarkable and unique. Our commitment is to help each person emerge from the unmanageable worlds of addiction and mental health disorders. Recovery is possible and hope can be found – you are not alone. We are here to help you begin your journey of recovery.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Specialized treatment tracks for Impaired Professionals

31-day gender responsive and trauma integrated Primary Residential Treatment for adults

State of the art Detoxification and Assessment Services

ABOUT CEDAR - CENTER FOR DEPENDENCY, ADDICTION, AND REHABILITATION

Located at the University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colo., the Center for Dependency, Addiction, and Rehabilitation (CeDAR) offers residential and outpatient treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse. Length of stay varies depending on the individual client. Extended residential care typically lasts between 60 to 120 days. Those with co-occurring conditions are also welcomed, and detox services are offered on-site.

CeDAR utilizes evidenced-based psychosocial, medical, and psychiatric approaches. Treatment is based on the 12-step model of recovery. Upon entry, clients undergo an assessment and, if needed, medically-monitored detoxification for one to three days in the facility's dedicated 20-bed Assessment and Detox Unit (ADU). Within Colorado, CeDAR is one of 17 substance abuse treatment facilities that offers residential, non-hospital detoxification.

Residential program clients participate in individual and group therapy, as well as addiction education lectures, adjunctive therapy, and addiction psychiatry. When appropriate, patients may participate in an individualized nutritional plan. Specialized addiction treatment tracks are available for professionals and athletes.

The facility also offers a 12-week intensive outpatient program (IOP), which often serves as a step-down from residential treatment. Other aftercare options are available via CeDAR’s robust Alumni Recovery Support Services Program, including weekly groups, lectures, workshops, and volunteer opportunities.

A five-day family program is available two times a month for loved ones, as well as weekly family support meetings. CeDAR also offers a non-denominational spiritual care program for clients wishing to involve spirituality in their recovery.

In addition to medical doctors, nurses, and psychiatrists, CeDAR's multidisciplinary treatment team includes licensed mental health counselors, licensed professional counselors, a chaplain, licensed social workers, and licensed alcohol and drug counselors.

Patients in the 30-day intensive residential treatment program stay in CeDAR’s gender-specific 20-bed cottages on the facility’s seven-acre campus. Clients live in shared bedrooms with a private bathroom. Amenities include movie nights, art therapy, multi-sport activities, a dining hall, spiritual center, and a fitness center with strength training and yoga classes. Cottages are staffed 24/7 by the Behavioral Health team.

Four alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date submitted mixed feedback, skewed positive: three highly positive, one negative. The positive reviewers highlighted the “well-run” program, supportive staff, and “beautiful” surroundings. Offering five-star ratings for the effectiveness of group counseling and the facility's ability to resolve conflict, W.R.C. wrote: “CeDAR was an great treatment center. First class staff and accommodations. Would recommend it to anyone who is serious about getting sober.”

Another alum added: “The accommodations, food and physical fitness facility were of excellent quality and the grounds upon which the facility is situated was peaceful and allowed me to focus on my treatment in a calm and undisturbed manner.” Although the negative reviewer K.Q. referenced some favorable aspects of the IOP, such as the “bright and attentive” doctors, they criticized the poor explanation of group topics and unhelpful group sessions.

Secondary review sites yielded generally positive opinions about CeDAR to date: 4.1 out of five stars based on 9 reviews on Google and 4.5 stars based on 31 reviews on Facebook, which the organization can manage. [1] [2] Positive reviewers (alumni, loved ones) praised the staff, programs, and all-inclusive approach of the facility, which changed their life, such as Thomas on Facebook, who wrote: "Combined with location, services and professionalism. This treatment is one of the best in the state."

Negative reviewers claimed the facility cared more for money than patient welfare, criticized aftercare treatment as deficient, and cited isolated detox and treatment issues.

CeDAR accepts both in-network and out-of-network insurance plans and offers financial assistance to clients who qualify. It currently does not accept Medicaid or Medicare.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/CedarColorado/reviews/
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/cedar-center-for-dependency-addiction-and-rehabilitation-aurora

Published on August 2018

K Q

I\'m reviewing the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), which is one of the substance abuse treatment programs at CeDAR. This review begins with the positive aspects of the IOP, followed by my negative experiences. The IOP participants I met were men and women of various ages who were addicted to one or more substances (most typically alcohol, opioids, and/or stimulants). New participants go through a psych evaluation with CeDAR medical doctors. Both of the doctors I met were bright and attentive. They got up to speed quickly on my psychiatric history and medications. I was impressed that CeDAR had these specialists and I felt reassured that they were paying attention to my psychiatric condition. The primary IOP activity is the three-hour-long group sessions with an addiction counselor (36 sessions over 12 weeks). CeDAR provides a spacious and pleasant meeting space. Breathalyzer screening prior to each session ensures the sobriety of attendees. Instead of focusing on the 12 steps, the IOP relies largely on psychotherapy. The sessions I liked the best were directly related to the nature of addiction and the compulsion of people to use substances they are addicted to. I found it especially helpful when group members shared how their addictions began and progressed, and how they coped with difficulties in maintaining sobriety. Unfortunately some of the IOP group activities were stressful and many did not provide me with any useful tools for coping with my addiction. Topics such as “Family Sculpting” and the “Johari Window” left me wondering what I was doing there at all (you can google these for descriptions). I was told that “Family Sculpting” might be helpful to an addict with a poor understanding of their own family dynamics. I don\'t know if anyone in the group had that problem, but I did not find the exercise helpful. The “Johari Window” seems to be more of a curiosity than an actual method for overcoming addiction. One full three-hour session was frivolously spent making collages by cutting pictures from old magazines. I believe CeDAR should tell participants about all the different topics up front so that people can research them and opt out of the ones that aren\'t helpful. My frustration eventually came to a head and it became clear I was not benefiting enough from the IOP to continue in it. I\'ve highlighted some aspects of CeDAR that were positive for me, but the group sessions were mostly negative. It was no comfort when CeDAR explained their treatment “doesn\'t work for everyone.” I left CeDAR depressed and depleted of all enthusiasm for beating my addiction to alcohol. Your mileage may vary. I encourage anyone seeking substance abuse treatment to ask a lot of questions before signing up for anything.

Paul

My experience at CeDAR was nothing short of exceptional. The staff was truly caring, compassionate and genuinely concerned with my successful recovery from the disease of addiction. The accommodations, food and physical fitness facility were of excellent quality and the grounds upon which the facility is situated was peaceful and allowed me to focus on my treatment in a calm and undisturbed manner. I was also a client in the Residential Extended Care program after my Inpatient experience and the program was a true catalyst in facilitating my gradual reintegration back into normal every day life in a safe, secure environment that provided me the support to deal with the issues in transitioning that are often the causes of relapse in the early recovery process. The Alumni Recovery Support services provided me the opportunity and resources to stay connected to the recovery process through educational, recreational and individual support engagement once I left the residential setting. What resonated with me the most was that at no time did I feel like a \'patient\'. The staff treated me with dignity and respect as an equal that was seeking help. I am truly grateful that I had the opportunity to be a client of the CeDAR addiction treatment program.

Megan

The staff and food were very supportive. The center is beautiful and well run.

WRC

Cedar was an great treatment center. First class staff and accommodations. Would recommend it to anyone who is serious about getting sober.