Cedar Mountain Center

707 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, Wyoming, 82414

4.8

About the Facility

Cedar Mountain Center inspires hope in recovery through professional care by providing compassionate recovery services for addictions and mental illness and restoring people's faith on the journey to wellness.

Animal Therapy

Animal therapy (also called animal-assisted therapy and pet therapy) supports recovery and emotional well-being by helping people develop relationships with animals. Animal therapy can be a one-time or ongoing experience. Anyone with allergies will be accommodated.

Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Meet with our psychiatrist at least once per week.
  • Buprenorphine available for opiate addiction treatment.
  • Beautiful all new facility, including on-site gym.
Daniel Gallegos, M.S., LPC, ACS

Daniel Gallegos, M.S., LPC, ACS

Counselor Supervisor

Attended Casper College and University of Wyoming. Daniel worked on a new theoretical approach to addictions with the Wyoming Department of Corrections. He was Clinical Director for the DOC Therapeutic Community for 6 years before coming to Cedar Mountain Center.

Show Bio
Terri Moran, B.A., CAP

Terri Moran, B.A., CAP

Counselor

Attended Chadron State College. Certified Addiction Practitioner since 2008. Has worked in the addiction field for 15 years, with experience in case management and counseling in treatment center and drug court settings. Terri is the Regional Chair for NA, with 19+ years of recovery.

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing Accepted

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT CEDAR MOUNTAIN CENTER

Located in beautiful Cody, Wyo., just 40 miles east of Yellowstone National Park, Cedar Mountain Center (CMC) provides family-involved residential treatment services to adults and seniors struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. The 16-bed residential facility is also one of just 10 centers in Wyoming that offers medically monitored detox on a residential basis.

The treatment program at Cedar Mountain Center follows what the center refers to as its Planetree philosophy; an approach that looks toward healing the whole person, “not just treating the disease or illness.”

All clients begin with an intake assessment, the results of which form the backbone of individualized treatment planning. Treatment involves individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, educational programs, and recreation. Length of stay varies from client to client, though, as CMC is one of just 11 (23.4 percent) of programs statewide that extends past 30 days. Most clients stay for between 30 to 60 days.

For clients seeking less intensive treatment, CMC offers both intensive outpatient (IOP) and partial hospitalization (PHP) programs. Ongoing sobriety amongst successful program graduates is supported through weekly aftercare sessions.

Loved ones can “begin their healing process” at the center’s family program, a structured, three-day weekend available for any family member impacted by their loved one’s substance abuse. While some sessions are designated for both clients and family members, others are for held exclusively for families.

According to information provided by Cedar Mountain Center to Rehabs.com, the center has a staff-to-client ratio of 1:3. The staff is led by a medical director and includes master’s level counselors, registered nurses, licensed and certified addiction counselors, and case managers.

CMC’s 16-bed campus is situated in the picturesque Absaroka Mountains, offering a serene, nature-filled environment for recovery.

The simple, modern residence also provides clients with access to an on-site fitness facility. Weather permitting, clients take weekly field trips to nearby scenic attractions. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are not permitted here.

All eight alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date had positive experiences at Cedar Mountain Center. By and large, reviewers described the staff as “knowledgeable and respectful” and “sincere. “I wasn't shamed for the things I'd done when using or told I was going to be punished for my thoughts feelings or the urge to use,” R.E.B. wrote. “Cmc” was a blessing for me.”

“The program at Cedar Mountain Center literally saved my life!” Freedom wrote in another rave review. “I was horribly addicted for over a decade and the knowledgeable staff were able to teach me a new way of life.”

The two alumni surveyed on the matter indicated that they’d highly recommend the facility to others. They also gave CMC five out of five stars for the quality of its counseling services and for its staff’s level of training and experience.

On Google, Cedar Mountain Center has two one-star ratings.[1]

The residential treatment fees come to $913.25 a day; the PHP costs $739.30 per day; and boarded IOP care $565.40 a day. According to the facility’s website, these costs cover lodging, food, and counseling; any medical or psychological evaluations incur additional fees.

Cedar Mountain Center accepts private health insurance. It is also one of just 28 (59.6 percent of) facilities that accepts Medicare and one of 35 (74.5 percent) that accepts Wyoming state assistance.

Financial assistance is not available for inpatient services, but state residents who meet income criteria may be eligible for state-funded beds.

[1]GoogleReviews

Accreditations & Licenses
  • CARF
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.8/5
    4.7/5
    4.9/5
    4.9/5

• Apryl
    Home. Its all i can say i love every single staff member and every single experuance i had here its a life changing place, my heart is still there daily, they teach you to believe in yourself, they make tge impossible so very possible,all i know is,they taught me to fly in the right direction tend my garden and keep my eyes on the prize.they love us like nothing ive ever felt in my life ,best place ever, i cant begin to give enough praise, they are 100% the real deal. Id never want to go elsewhere .they are home, and they are real and change you without you noticing ,all the info is there when we need it and its pounded into us like most places do, we just carefuly carry it and we tend our gardens and we go out into the world and we start fresh and we start with so much more amazing knowledge and we use it! We really use it!! I love the entire sraff, they are each one so amazing and so in love with what they do, this place as i said will change you in every single possible way, the solutions they teach us are the best ive ever experienced, thus place gets people,they dont have to make you break and bend ,things magicaly happen here, best place on earth to learn about ourselves and or addictions,we fully ser a while new us upon or time to depart, these people work miracles daily,what an amazing, and absolutely great thing to witness. Wow i loved and still do love this place. You all are perfectly wonderful at what you do. Thank you so very much for all you still do daily for me. They are 100% the best at what they do.
  • TM
    Great caring, sincere staff. The outings into the community were beneficial with the transition back home. I am sure it is hit or miss regarding bonding and learning through the other patients life stories and insight...but the group that was there while I was were an amazing blessing. Of course all walks of life, yet so similar. Great experience. Still sober 2 years later.
  • Freedom
    The program at Cedar Mountain Center literally saved my life! I was horribly addicted for over a decade and the knowledgeable staff were able to teach me a new way of life. They also ensured that I had appropriate follow-up care for both my mental and physical health. I owe my new-found joy to these wonderful people, many of whom are also in recovery or have other experience in the field of addictions. If you or a loved one is suffering from the disease of addiction, I highly recommend Cedar Mountain Center. It will change your life!
  • JH
    CMC is awesome!
  • Casey
    Thanks for everything 225 days sober and counting :) I left a different treatment center and went to CMC it rocks
  • AT
    This facility was great and I'm excited to see the new facility built this year! I would recommend this facility to anyone and the food is AWESOME!
  • REB
    it was a very positive experience.. when you have a former user helping and teaching you to be clean and sober it helps another addict understand that they too can have the life they want clean and sober. I wasn't shamed for the things I'd done when using or told I was going to be punished for my thoughts feelings or the urge to use. I was in drug court in the town I live in and they made treated me like I was a criminal and told me I was lying to them all the time. my boy friend is currently in drug court in the same town where I did it. they have made a no. contact order between us making us criminals if we are together. we have been together over a year. and they expect us to just stop being together. I feel that drug court programs are for hardened criminals in prisons and with feloney crimes involving drugs. Cmc was a blessing for me. I'd recommend that place to anyone seeking help with overcoming addiction .
  • VF
    Staff is knowledgeable and respectful. Setting was great. Good curriculum. food was good. I'm still clean over 17 years later!

Nearby cities with more treatment facilities: