Choices Recovery in South Bend, IN

3606 East Jefferson Blvd
South Bend IN 46615

Choices Recovery Philosophy

Choices Recovery understands the need for effective addiction treatment for individuals who are struggling with substance abuse. The program's philosophy is to offer choices in the recovery process by using over a dozen treatment modalities with the goal being to reverse the physical and emotional damages of addiction and allow patients to enjoy productive, happy, drug-free lives.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

Communication Skills

Men's and Women's Groups

Personal Etiquette

Andrea Bishop

Counselor

Andrea Bishop obtained her Masters degree in Counseling at Florida Gulf Coast University in 2006. Andrea is also a licensed Mental Health counselor since 2013 and a National Certified Counselor since 2010. Andrea has worked in addictions counseling for over 10 years and has experience in assessments, treatment planning, implementation and evaluation, along with group and one-on-one counseling.

Barbara Hawkins-Cleveland

Counselor

Barbara Hawkins-Cleveland obtained her Masters of Science in Counseling and Human Services at Indiana University of South Bend in 2014. She has over 6 years of experience in mental health counseling along with addictions counseling, both in group counseling and individual counseling, she uses EMDR, cognitive behavioral therapy, solutions-based therapy, narrative therapy and others.

ABOUT CHOICES RECOVERY

Located in a commercial district in a suburb three miles east of South Bend, Ind., Choices Recovery is one of the just 31 (10.2 percent) centers in the state that offers residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse. Additionally, this is one of Indiana's only 11 (3.6) non-hospital, residential treatment facilities with medical detox available on site.

Note, Choices Recovery's previous ownership was Scientology-affiliated; however, the center has undergone completely new management and absolutely no ties to the faith remain.

As the name suggests, Choices Recovery is built around the belief that every individual should be able to choose their own path to recovery. To accommodate a range of preferences, the center offers individualized programs that combine holistic, traditional, and faith-based approaches.

Specifically, the program uses SMART Recovery alongside individual and group counseling. Groups focus on topics including relationships, health, employment, finances, and families. Treatment also aims to foster good communication skills and a sense of responsibility. Those who want to follow 12-step programming can also be accommodated, particularly in a spiritual treatment track that includes both indigenous and Christian approaches to the 12-Steps.

There is also a focus on life skills, including classes on work ethic, financial planning, relationships, anger management, and family education. Physical wellness is taken care of through nutrition and fitness programs. Choices also offers an unusual music therapy component, encouraging all residents to listen to music and play musical instruments to foster self-expression, increase motivation, improve self-esteem, and lower anxiety.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff; however, the 12 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date provided extremely high ratings for the quality of care at this center.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.5/5

Pictures published on the facility’s website indicated a fitness room, a music rehearsal room, and sparse, office-style furnishings throughout, plus shared bedrooms. The 11 Rehabs.com survey respondents to date responded favorably regarding the center's cleanliness.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep 3.8/5

Of the 19 former client reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, three were negative and 16 positive — some alumni reporting Choices had saved their lives. The reviewers repeatedly praised the facility’s staff as well as the breadth of programming offered. “The staff were kind and caring and it just felt like everyone was there to help you. At Choices, I was able to choose the program that resonated with me and that helped me in my recovery immensely,” alum Carrie wrote in a representative review.

"Very smooth detox and the nurses are fantastic," C.C. echoed, giving five star-ratings for counseling options and program recommendation. Overall, the six alumni polled on the matter by Rehabs.com appreciated the facility's counseling options and holistic offerings, and all reported being highly likely to recommend the facility.

Likelihood to Recommend: 5/5
Counseling Options: 4.7/5
Holistic Offerings: 4.3/5

Two reviewers reported a lack of proper care and attention. “I won't even send my dog here. They treat poorly unless you kiss their butts... 50% or more relapsed. This is a crud hole,” alum Charles wrote. Alum Larry added that he was kicked out for having epilepsy, which he alleges the facility knew before he was admitted.

Praise was similarly high on Google at the time of this writing, where the facility earned an average rating of four out of five stars based on 47 reviews.[1] Compassionate staff and satisfaction with the programming variety were repeatedly noted in written comments, and former client S.G. representatively wrote, "They have a little something for everyone that comes for treatment."

Of the eight reviews from loved ones submitted to Rehabs.com to date, seven were positive and one negative. Reviewers repeatedly noted that the individualized length of treatment was helpful to their loved ones, who frequently stayed longer than the typical 30 days. “It was a great choice cause first of all they kept her as much as they needed, made sure she was ready to go,” loved one Joelle wrote.

Other reviewers echoed alumni by praising the staff, the variety of treatment options, and the SMART Recovery program. “So much more to offer than the traditional programs we had been offered in the past. They offered something called Smart Recovery here and that is something that really grabbed our attention,” loved one Sandra wrote in a representative review.

The single negative reviewer, J.B., wrote, “The ratio of trained counselors to clients is very low and the quality of treatment is very low.” J.B. complained of misinformation regarding the involuntary nature of 12-Step in treatment, claiming that they were told it would be optional, and added that their son met with an individual counselor only twice during his 45-day stay.

Of the four reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, three were positive and one was mixed. The four staffers collectively gave the facility the highest overall average ratings for family programming, exercise & leisure opportunities, and holistic offerings.

Family Participation: 4.5/5
Holistic Offerings: 3.8/5

In their comments, the staff members praised the SMART Recovery program as well as the “caring, dedicated staff.” Staffer P.K. wrote: “Teamwork is a key factor." However, one staffer wrote that insurance mandates were “overbearing and inappropriate,” and another added, “Staff appears to have large caseload. Would benefit from additional case manager and an additional therapist.”

Choices Recovery accepts insurance from carriers including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and AmeriHealth. The 12 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s cost gave above-average ratings.

Affordability: 3.9/5

Published on May 2019

Roberit R

This place was a total disappoint ! I spent 27 days there n regressed.3 different cooks there in 4 weeks, Hot dogs for meals 2-3 times per week.very greasy sausage most mornings with scrambled eggs.no juice available after noon every day.Half the time clients n security cook the meals.Most of the meals were unhealthy n undercooked, I lived of salad n cereal most of my stay there.kitchen staff said more than once to me personally they were out of food, one morning during my stay there we had a sausage McMuffin and 1hashbrown from McDonald's because they were out of food. Also ran out of coffee a few times during my stay there. 1 time they boiled rib's and. Put Arby's sauce on them because they had no bq sauce.I get there a 1 in the morning they give me a breathalyzer test n I registered 2.9 which I told them was impossible because I haven't had a drink in 10 hours.I politely asked the nurses to test me on a different machine n they said I was being hostile n told me to go down stairs so I sat on the hard floor by the door n waited 2 hour for someone to test me on a different breathalyzer machine n I registered 0.00.Things that I was told by them before my commitment to them were they had a full time professional chief there to cook all meals, Lie 1,I asked how many clients Stayed in a room they said 2 n no bunk beds for sure.lie 2, 2 bunkbeds in most rooms.. I had too sleep on one for 3 weeks.I was told they had a hot tub n large pool ,lie 3, I seen a Dr.twice, consoler 4 times, case worker 4 times, They promised to call you the first Monday after your out , lie 4 , I finally got a call on the tenth day after I got out. I received no after care plan as of yet n I've been out 11 days now.3 of the workout machines in gym our broken, I was in detox for 12days yes 12days for just alcohol, So choices Recovery can get every penny possible form your insurance company. Because they make much more money the longer clients stay in detox, I went zero days in detox in California Highlands rehab center I'm May 2019. I was promised no more than 28 days there n they wanted me to stay 50 days or they wouldn't graduate me before then . I had to AMA at 27 days.Do not give them any family or friends number they will call them n harass, n tell them lies on your treatment.My last 2 weeks there I had 3 - 45 minute classes per day mon- Fri. Nothing on sat- sun. Yet they charge my insurance company $30.000 for my stay there.for twelve hours per week of care.This place is way under staffed. Dirty. Horrible food , Do not waste your time here nor you or your insurances money you will regret it I promise.

Chance

If you are sick with the disease of addiction I highly recommend choices. Their staff is very caring and many of them are in recovery themselves. The food is not the best but since I'm in no danger of starving and my addiction is killing me it really doesn't seem like a big deal. The staff is very passionate and they truly care about their clients it's not about greed like I see in so many businesses. Choices has shown me first-hand what it is to support an addict and give them Second Chances. Thank you for helping me get my life back on track. Always grateful

Cameron

The staff is very unprofessional and rude! they made calls to my family saying I missed class and that was not true. It felt like all they cared about was getting my insurance money! They had many empty promises on the website. The security the is horrible an rude and it makes you feel like your in a boot camp or your there by force! The first week you can’t make any phone calls. It’s was the worst experience I’ve ever had and I hope nobody makes the mistake of going like I did!

I never knew there was a program out there to help people such as this one. It had so many treatment options under one roof that they made it almost Impossible for it not to work for you unless you ultimately just did not try to better yourself. That was the only way I could see it failing. The cook here was hands down great and served some of the most amazing homemade dishes and he even took into consideration those with any types of food allergies. We all came together to eat and it kind of seemed like we were a little family away from family. We attended groups and came together as peers to try and assist each other in learning from each other or just trying to get each other comfortable to talk about certain things that we typically would refrain from speaking about. We all leaned on each other here for support, but at the same time we learned how to do things on our own and be strong individuals without feeling as though we needed other approval. This has been an outstanding program for me

TI

AmaIng staff. Food is great and the care given is great. Saved my life.

KH

The Choices program gave me the tools I needed to live a sober life. With the help of their amazing staff I was able to identify my feelings of guilt, regret and shame and move onto a happier life. The food was great and the facility was clean

SM

Best rehab ever.

Sarah A.

I am very grateful for the care and guidance I received here! Thank you!

Josh

Great program, very caring staff and clean facility. The chef is great. They gave me all the tools i needed to be successful in my recovery,

Brittany

The treatment I received at Choices was amazing. It's the only rehab I've been to that has made me feel safe enough to open up about my past without fearing I'd be judged. This ensured that I could actually talk about and deal with the things that continued to plague me and hinder my sobriety. For the first time in years I don't want to get high. In no way do I want to use or crave the feeling of being high. The biggest strength Choices has is the staff working there. I cannot stress enough how amazing they were with me and every other client there. They understood drug addiction extremely well, they understood each person's motivation for using and helped all of us deal with those issues. They truly knew what they were doing. The facility is also clean and comfortable and I felt safe there. They were able to help me with every aspect of my life and I'm sober now because of that. Honestly, going to Choices was a great experience. I'm sure I could nitpick and find something that wasn't perfect but the truth is I'm sober today, have been sober for 13 months and will continue to remain sober because of Choices. So whatever weakness there is, it's overshadowed by the strengths.

ken

Choices help me recover from a hopeless state of mind and body and began my motivation. Also,with the helpful and concerned staff I have tools to help maintain my motivation to stay in recovery after I get home.

Jamie

I am so thankful for Choices and their staff. They were so compassionate and understanding. Choices saved my life, I am forever grateful. The Chef is on point with his skills. Thank you again to everyone!!!!

Josh

Choices was the best treatment i have been to. The staff was great and very helpful through the whole process. The Head Chef was fantastic. I don't have a single complaint about this facility i recommend it to anyone who needs help. It changed my life.

Scott

I have enjoyed my time here at choices recovery and learned a great deal about recovery and for the first time in my life I have learned to love myself

JN

Best choice I ever made!

Blake

The staff were all very helpful and supportive to my recovery. They give you many choices to build your recovery. My stay here was huge around family orientation and different support groups. I built a second family during my stay.

Jack

choices recovery is an awesome place to go to if youre seeking treatment i was addicted to marijuana and alcohol for years addiction is a disease and here they can help you with any type of addiction they have the best staff on hand here and the best chef in indiana.

Zj

It was a great program, the counselors and case managers were great as well. I'm very happy that I chose to come here, I feel that I obtained a tremendous amount of information that will help me on my new journey of life. Thank you, for everything Choices, I am really going to miss the staff and friends that I made here.

Brandon

What a great program, they offer multiple options for people to get help so the individual can find exactly what works for them, the counselors were so nice and knowledgeable they helped me see and handle the major issues in my life. Chef puts out 5 Star meals everyday I have never eaten that good in my life. Thank you so much Choices for helping me regain control of my life! I can not thank everyone there enough

brenden

food is amazing an everyone is really nice

brandon

very great treatment and caring staff. many choices when it comes to what chances you have at making your recovery your own

JB

Choices was a great place to come for my treatment. The staff here is amazing and helped me tremendously.

Riley

Very welcoming facility, family like an well structured. love it

Dalton

It was a very successful program, I obtained a lot of useful information regarding addiction as well as relapse prevention. I would recommend the program to anybody struggling with substance abuse or addiction. The staff was very welcoming and I became very close to all of my fellow patients. I was thoroughly satisfied with my experience at Choices Recovery.

Jason

Choices Recovery is a great treatment facility with a very caring, sensitive, empathetic, warm family of staff members. The overall experience and quality treatment I received were truly a blessing and I would definitely refer anyone struggling with addiction here to South Bend, IN. I will be forever thankful and grateful for the excellent care extended to me here at Choices Recovery.

L

I have worked at this employer for almost a year and I must say that I am enjoying everyday here. I will first start off by stating what a typical day at work is like. I work in intake /counseling and it is so fulfilling. Each day I am able to come into work and know that I am helping patients set up their goals and ideals for when they discharge for the program. I see them when they come in to our center when they are at their worst and I am honored to see them throughout the program evolve into something amazing that they themselves were not even sure they could become. Seeing these people come in here and not think they are worth anything to then seeing them go through the steps needed to reach their recovery is a gift, and is very rewarding.I plan on being here for a very long time and growing with this company and I look forward to seeing so many more people succeed and knowing that I am helping them reach one of many goals that they have set for themselves is something that I pride myself in everyday!!

julio

Finding a good rehab center was not an easy task. I came across the website for this program and I decided to give them a call. I was able to speak to someone directly, I got all of my questions answered and they had immediate openings. They were able to work with the insurance I had and that was helpful as well. Once getting to the center I noticed that it was very clean, well kept and the atmosphere seemed great as well. I felt comfortable and the room I stayed in was clean and well maintained also. The staff seemed very well trained and knowledgeable and I felt like I gained a lot while being here under their care.

Chad

Very smooth detox and the nurses are fantastic They need to improve their meals Choices recovery has been very beneficial to my recovery. I made the right choice choosing them! It hosts a very capable staff that clearly wants to help recovering addicts from a place other then a simple paycheck. It is clean, the room and board are well done, and the access to outside supervised meetings is great. I have never personally had an issue with a staff member. They have all been open and willing to console, listen, and question you in an effort to maintain your recovery. When ever I needed help they were right there and were trying to help me. The nurses were fantastic, and they helped me so that I was in less pain, my counselor was also fantastic, thank you for all the help that you gave me. I bave shifted my viewpoint on drugsm and with this data that I have now, I am a much stronger individual, who beleives there is something bigger than us. Smar recovery was especially beneficial to my person, I could really connect with it. After all choices gave me a chlice to choose the path of my recovery. From word of mouth I have heard this is one of the better rehabs in Indiana. I would agree. Its multilevel approach has allowed me to receive a well rounded recovery, and I am not planning to use ever again.

anonymous

Strengths:I am not sure but i think they get amazing results Weakness:Not sure i didnt go there personally . I am glad that a close friend of mine choose Choices recovery to seek help for his alcohol addiction. After reading a few stories & testimonials on the rehab detox website, he was filled with hope and for the first time felt that he could finally break free from the mental captivity that addiction had him bound to. I asked him about this experience and he explained to me that after calling one of the specialists, they were able to help him with all the logistics and in no time he was at the rehab center in the detox program. They arranged everything with his insurance, he literally all he had to do was to concentrate on his program towards sobriety. He stayed about a months or so, and now I see such a huge change in him. He is full of joy and has so many plans for his life. He is doing so much better too at his career. Everyone was pleasantly surprised that in a bit more than a months someone can change so much. Well done to choices recovery, we are all great full to have him back in shape!

VS

Early last year my stepson went to Choices Recovery. When he first went there I wasn’t sure whether he had an honest desire to get sober or if he was just going so he could be able to tell his dad that he tried getting clean the next time he asked his dad for money. My relationship with my stepson has always been incredibly strained. He started using drugs long before I met and married his dad. However, when his dad and I got married he started blaming me for everything. When his dad stopped giving his money, it was my fault. When he got kicked out, it was my fault. In his opinion, everything that didn’t go his way was my fault and he accused me of trying to pit his dad against him pretty often. That wasn’t the case obviously and besides helping his dad find treatment centers that he could go to I pretty much stayed out of it. His strained relationship with his dad was his own doing but he refused to see it. That changed when he went to Choices. Doing his program there help him tremendously. He started taking responsibility for his own actions and owning up to all the things that he had done or said while he was high or looking for money for drugs. When he completed his program at Choices he came home and has been staying at the house with his dad and I. He just hit his 1 year sober mark and I couldn’t be happier for him. He’s working now and going to school at night. His relationship with his dad is better than I’ve ever seen and him and I are getting along for the first time. I finally have the ability to get to know my stepson and as it turns out he’s a pretty sweet guy. It’s taken this last year but we are finally starting to be a real family and I’m so happy for that. He’s going to do some great things with his life and going to Choices gave him the opportunity to get his life back on track.

Thomas

Very amazing counselors A weakness was that the building is not very nice, old Actually my cousin used to be a patient at choices recovery, this was quite a while ago. He used to be hooked on some serious substances, but after hi rehab he got more or less back to normal life and he has been stable for a while. So unfortunately as it happened, I got at a point in my life that I couldn't see a way out so I got addicted and it got very bas. Hence he came to talk to me, saying I shouldn't trow away my life I am still young etc, and that there is this place he went to when he was on drugs and how they helped him get through. I was honestly very hesitant and nothing really mattered anymore, so I was nit gonna go. But things just kept going bad. One day he said to me, you are going, there is nothing more to it. So there I went all hopeless all in a horrible shape, don't even knew how I stayed alive at this point of my life. I was angry at the world, but now I changed and this thanks to my cousin, he couldn't have done something better for me at that point than to send me to choices! At first I was all scared of what will happen but soon enough I was reassured everything is gonna be fine, and it was true. I want to thank to all the team and the most to my counselor, thank you guys, I owe you my life!

As

Staff were great. Price was a weakness. If it weren't for this place, I would not have been able to realize I had a problem, or have been able to pick up the tools to deal with the world around me like I haven't in a very long time. They did an amazing job with me and I really appreciate it. They have pushed me up when I was down, and showed me the road to a better living to a sober living. A road that I can walk now all alone, cause I have the tools to do it. They have been incredibly helpful through out my stay, and I feel like I owe a lot to choices recovery for changing and saving my life. I say that if you feel like you got enough of these bad days, and druggy lifestyle, but you are too scared to face it, choices will be the answer for you. They will not make you feel bad for doing drugs, or for other things you may have done that you feel others would judge you for. They are really solely there to help you and to make you feel better. They were also very helpful though out my initial detox, the nurses were fantastic, and all the other support personnel. I also enjoyed a lot my counseling, that helped me enormously. Thanks guys for being there and doing what you do.

Mary

Great staff Weakness:The building needs renos There are so many detox centers these days that it can be hard to find one that's legit. Choices recovery is without a doubt one of the best. Their medical staff is second to nine just like their counselors. They have their own detox center, that is fabulous and they have a completely holistic approach that you do not find everywhere. They have tradition pills too for the detox, but they are not gonna be the once who will get you addicted to pills. In fact they go over with you if you are on any pills that are not needed, and they help you detox from those too. I appreciate the help of all the staff, they were all so nice and listened to me what ever problem I had. I am gonna be honest, it was hard for me to face my addiction and to actually face that I have a problem, but I am very grateful that I choose choices cause without their expertise I am not sure what I would be doing now. If you are thinking that an inpatient rehab is just too much for you, i have to say i understand you fully, cause it was scary for me too. But now I know that this is the only way to really detox and rehab yourself from all toxins. So don't hesitate much, you can't go wrong.

Sammy

Good results I am so glad that we have found a choices for my brother. He had a long history of drug addiction. We have tried to help him in many ways, and we were not the only one, he had already been to a rehab center, but it was not a stay in rehab. We heard so many things of choices so he went and we are so glad with my family that we have sent him there. He is not back home since 4 months and he is doing really well. It was tough on him at the beginning to go and stay away for such a long period of time, but it was worthed. I hear people say that their loved one is rally better after a rehab, and I did not believe it till I saw him with my own eyes. He was really a changed person. Like he was himself again, it os true that he had stayed for almost 2 months, but what is two months when we get him back healthy and in shape and most of all off drugs. I really recommend a choices recovery to anyone who really wants to get off drugs, there is not a better way than to just do it.

C. R.

This is a great rehab center. Nice people, nice atmosphere, and a very workable addiction treatment program. I don't know if I've ever seen a facility that offers the kind of care and compassion that this treatment center does. I was really impressed with how helpful everyone was and how focused everybody at this treatment center was in the services that they provided to me. There is a lot of positive direction that this treatment program has in the direction of a lifetime of recovery. Too many other rehabilitation programs I've gone to have sort of been of the mind that maybe you'll stay clean for the rest of your life or maybe you will not. That's not what Choices Recovery is all about. Probably the most important thing that I noticed about this treatment center that makes it so successful is their insistence upon a lot of personal decision making in the recovery process. Basically this treatment center allows you to a degree to be able to pick and choose what types of treatment programs you go through and which ones you do not go through as opposed to a rehabilitation facility that forces you to do whatever their program is. This was great for me and for everybody else who went there when I was going there because we got to decide which options were the best for us and do those options. It was very conducive to everlasting sobriety and abstinence from drugs and alcohol. I would give Choices Recovery a five star review any day of the week. This facility opened my eyes to what a truly awesome and excellent treatment experience can be like. This facility was incredibly helpful to me, and gave me the type of assistance that I needed to get off of drugs and alcohol once and for all and for good. I would definitely recommend this rehab center. It seems to offer a really effective approach and the people who work there seem to be really great. I know it works for me, which is saying something too because I have been to multiple treatment programs. My recovery is actually stable now, and I have almost a year of sobriety thanks to the center. I have written about them before, and I will continue to write about them and stay in touch with them and support them. Thank you Choices Recovery!

Ashley

I went to choices recovery and just celebrated 1 year sober. Making the decision to go to choices was the best decision of my life. When I got there I was lost and didn't have a clue what I was getting myself into. I was a huge mess when I arrived at choices recovery, I was very long from where I am now. The staff guided me in the right direction. I really enjoyed our one on one counseling, i felt like that gave a insight into why I have started on drugs in the first place, and I understood so many things about myself and how certain situation drove me into drugs. I know how to cope with those situations and how to be cause over my own urges. I can only thank that to the amazing team at choices. They really taught me so much. I have my life back today and have never been happier in my life. The staff truly truly cares about you and your well being. They will go above and beyond to help you IF you are willing to help yourself. You have to be want to get help, and you have to want to be willing to change, in order for this to work. Choices gave me everything I needed to get sober, and I love them for that. Thank you for all you do every day. I would not hesitate sending any family member to choices, cause I know they would come home as a changed person.

David

My entire stay at choices was great i learned so much that i never thought i would. I am only 22 and thinking about getting clean at my age was impossible. I went there like, yeah sure getting clean, its impossible, but they proved me wrong. Everyone was very nice with me. All the staff members who i have met have been very nice and caring. I was a bit rebellious, but even like this they did not give up on me, or sent me away. They have showed me how to be sober and stay sober and have fun at the same time. I really enjoyed the smart recovery. I am not religious, so I really appreciated that there is a non religious way to go about sobriety. I really liked all the things i learned. I know how to cope with my urges, and how to stay away from drugs. I also enjoyed the music exploration, music therapy. I think that music is really important in life, and being able to integrate this into recovery was a fantastic experience for me. This is what helped me the most to express my feelings. I would recommend this to anyone with a problem of addiction they give you so much support you will not believe how much fun you can have in recovery just try it. If i could have stayed a bit more to just have fun and stay with the awesome group of staff that are there, I would have.

Zoe

I just completed my almost 2 months in patient treatment at choices recovery. This was my first time entering any treatment or recovery center for my Alcohol addiction. This center gave me the tools to move forward in my recovery. At times I felt that they were tough on some of their policies in the beginning, as the days progressed I came to believe to stop being so resistant and let them do their jobs. I realized that those policies were actually there to help us progress faster with oir recovery, I am great full that their experience and judgement was only for my own good teaching me how to deal with being sober. At the same time I made lifelong friends and and as I reflect back, they made many moments fun. I have never laughed as much as I have while I was here, or learned about myself and because of that I have a renewed belief that there is a higher power and that is a great feeling. I got so much out of their program, I view so many things differently. I also have clarity that I never had before. Soon I will be 100 days sober, and I hope that very soon I will be able to help an other recovering alcoholic. I would recommend choices recovery to anyone who is looking for a place for themselves or their family, to fight their addiction.

Sp

Choices recovery provides you will the tools to live a healthy, happy, sober life. Classes are held throughout each day and cover topics from spiritual wellness to relapse prevention. The techs care deeply for the clients because they can relate to the trials and tribulations of the addict. Many staff have been through similar situations. If you are a suffering addict looking for a solution, you have a long, hard road ahead of you. But each and every staff at choices recovery will be by your side every step of the way. The facility is very comfortable with all of the major amenities. The food is good but for the sake of honesty it could be better. The treatment you receive is top notch. I have been to a few treatment centers and could never knock out more than 30 days without falling back into the grips of active addiction. The program director makes sure that you are working with a counselor who can deal with the issues that would prevent you from living an active and fulfilling life. There are also group sessions held throughout the week. After spending nearly 3 moths at choices I am now a very stable happy person and I can only thank this to all the amazing staff that took care of me and my friends.

Proud Dad

My son was at Choices for a 60 day program and I am so happy HE made the Choice to go to rehab after so many years of denial and torment. Life had been a living Hell wondering if he was going to be alive tomorrow or not, if we would find him in time if he OD...again. As hard as it was the best thing was to pack his bags and make that long drive, not to get rid of him but to SAVE him. It was a matter of time before my son died from the needle and he had hit rock bottom and we found Choices. He's been at the 5 star rehab with all the high-end features...didn't work for my son but with Choices it was the perfect setup with everything. Its not about the fancy facility, it's about LIVE SAVING your loved one. I highly recommend Choices to anyone who is in the battle of their lives...make the call and go. I'm so proud of my son..just like the day we held him in our arms the day he was born..that's how Proud of him I am. We have a long way to go but we have each other and the desire to reach a clean and sober future forever. He ended up what they call a 'rock-star' with the completed classes he attended and the graduation last night was great, not just for my son but for every person there. I gained so much respect for the staff but most of all EACH PERSON WHO MADE THE DECISION TO GO TO REHAB, you all are AWESOME and deserve to be commended for taking that step to enter the program. You ALL are GREAT PEOPLE and I wish you well in your futures. Please don't give up...APPLY WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED. A Proud Father

Tr

I am so glad for my sober life, and I can thank most of this achievement to choices recovery, and of course to myself, but without them I would be very far from a sober life. This was a hard road with many obstacles till I arrived at this point, at "wellbriety". I found myself intrigued in the native 12 steps, the native teachings always interested me, therefore I did that road, and I found my inner peace, and methods to cope. This was good way to start my new life, my new me. The big big difference that I personally noticed, and I heard from many people too and it is definitely true, that they don't give you psych meds they dont give you pills. Many actually, probably like 95% of rehabs give you pills to deal with your side effects, and your urges. This was not allowed at Choices, which at first was strange, but trust me it is good. Now I don't have to take any pills, any type of drug, not even legal drug to feel good. Thumbs up to choices recovery!

Brittney

my son was here and they did not make patients follow the rules because there staff never followed the rules. It could be a great place if staff would follow the rules and give these people the structure they need. Security personal are friends with my son on facebook, super unprofessional. They billed our insurance company for out patient services when my son was in patient. So there are some frad billing issues.

I am very sorry to hear about your son’s experience. We always expect our staff to be professional. In regard to the billing error, please contact us so we can further help you if this is still an issue.

Larry

stay away from this place. they worked on getting me in for 5 days.once there they kickedme out for having epileps yet they knew i had it. they evenknee the siezure meds i was on as they said thats what they use

Joelle

My aunt has been an alcoholic since I can remember, and it was a very heavy situation for our entire family. She has made so many problems in our lives, when we tried to help her and others tried too, but to not much result. We always told her that this is gonna end really bad, well it kinda did, she ended up in the hospital, and they told her that is she doesn\'t stop drinking. She has a hearth attack, and honestly I though that was it, she is gonna go. But she got out of it pretty well, so at the hospital she was forced to not drink, so we said that when the doctor give us okay, she goes straight to rehab, and we give her no choices. At this point she did realize that it is a very bad place where she is at, and she knew that she was too young to die, not yet. So she said okay, she is gonna go to rehab, hence we sent her to choices. It was a great choice cause first of all they kept her as much as they needed, made sure she was ready to go, even though it is always hard to continue after the rehab, but they did not have this 30 day policy. It might seem a lot already but it is not, cause for someone who has been an alcoholic for most of her life, 30 days is nothing and not enough, so she stayed close to two months, and she said she was very happy that they kept her longer, cause if she would have had returned sooner probably she would have relapsed very quickly. Than she said that the case managers were really well trained and they did help her tons. The twelve step program was amazing, and she had loads of changes in her attitude towards life. She said that now shes is very serious about this She is going to continue to go to aa meetings, she has gone every week since she is back home. She has a really amazing sponsor who is looking out for her a lot. So she got her life together and she seems much more focused than before and finally there is no drama, I mean not as much drama in my family than before. After I know that it is still hard for her, cause going to a rehab is one thing, but when people kinda see alcohol everywhere, literally, and there is a daily temptation, it is very hard. They do get you through the hardest part, but they show you the toad, after is her decision to walk on it.

Carrie

3 years ago my sister and I were both using heroin. Our parents were miserable and constantly trying to get us to go to rehab. We always refused though. 3 years ago though is when my sister overdosed on heroin and died. Neither of us had ever overdosed before and I honestly didn’t think it would happen to either of us. I knew theoretically that it could happen and that if we kept getting high eventually it would happen. Knowing something theoretically though and having it happen to you are completely different things. My sister and I usually got high together but the day she overdosed she had gone out with her friends and she never came home. To put it mildly, it was awful. The first time I saw my parents after my sister passed they begged me to get help. They didn’t need to though. I was so shaken up but the whole thing that I was wanted to go. I didn’t want to die as well and after my sister I realized the likelihood of me dying was fairly high. So, I went to rehab. After I finished the 30-day program I got home and relapsed. It wasn’t right away but it was close enough to when I got home that my parents thought I had no desire to get clean. They didn’t understand and they still don’t understand the pull of heroin. I didn’t want to get high, not really but I was trying to stay clean by sheer willpower and it just wasn’t working. They sent me to that same rehab twice and neither time really helped me. We decided that I needed a something else. That going back to that same rehab over and over wasn’t going to help me much at all. We found Choices and I’m lucky we did. As soon as I got to Choices I started feeling comfortable. The staff were kind and caring and it just felt like everyone was there to help you. At Choices, I was able to choose the program that resonated with me and that helped me in my recovery immensely. I wasn’t stuck doing the same program trying to make it work. I was doing the program that way the right fit for me with staff who truly understood what I was going through. At no point did I feel like I was being placated and just moved along on my program so they could open a bed up for someone else. I was able to work on the underlying reasons for my addiction instead of just trying to work on the addiction itself. I was able to spot the behaviors in the past that were keeping me for staying sober and I knew what I needed to do personally in order to stay sober. When I graduated my program at Choices I felt confident that I had beaten this addiction. I had. I was home for 4 months before I went back to Choices to work. I was doing great on my own but I realized that I wanted to help people the same way I was helped and I love it. Helping someone through the same thing I went through and watching come out the other side happy and sober and ready for their lives. It’s an incredible experience.

B.G.

I could not be happier with the level of service that I experienced at Choices Recovery. I did not personally attend treatment at this rehab center, but my daughter did. The sad truth of the matter is that addiction has taken a pretty heavy toll on my family throughout the years. It has put its claws into us and we have had a hard time getting through it. Thankfully, for my daughter anyway, Choices Recovery was able to step in and do something about it and literally save her life. I get all the hype about fancy, five star rehab centers in California, Florida, Arizona, etc. I get that. I do. This isn’t my first rodeo, and I myself have struggled with addiction and pulled through it. If I were to title this review it would be, “A Diamond in the Rough.” That is to say that, though Choices Recovery seems to be located in a place that people would not expect a five star, excellent, professional rehab center to be, it most definitely is there and is doing good deeds daily. I don’t believe that one has to go to a luxury rehab center on the ocean to get clean. I DO believe that beating addiction takes a lot of work and that to do it successfully a rehab center has to be dedicated and impassioned. That is exactly my history with Choices Recovery. Choices Recovery worked hard to save my daughter’s life. At 27, my daughter had to stay at Choices Recovery an extra five weeks to complete the program. Her addiction was just that bad. The great thing about this rehab center is that they did not kick her out after her insurance stopped paying for the program (her insurance stopped supplying coverage after twenty-eight days). The thing is, Choices Recovery actually cares about the people that they are helping. This rehab actually considers its merit and value to be based off of whether or not their clients maintain a lifetime of recovery or not. I was just blown away by the care factor and the attention to detail that this rehab center had. I had heard good things about Choices Recovery before, but having had multiple experiences with rehab centers in the past, I was skeptical that it could really be “All that and more,” with Choices Recovery. Well it was, and I could not be more pleased. My 27 year old daughter now has eight month’s sobriety under her belt, and I owe it all to Choices Recovery. My hat is off to them, and I have all the gratitude and thanks in the world to give them for everything that they have done for my family.

Honor

Going to Choices was for me, the best place my mom could’ve found and sent me to. I went to Choices twice. The first time I went just to make my mom happy which isn’t why you should be going to rehab. The thing is though, if I hadn’t have gone to Choices that first time just to make my mom happy I wouldn’t have been ready to change my life when I was. Even though I didn’t do my first program there for me I learned a lot while I was there. When I left and relapsed a couple months later all of the things that I learned at Choices helped me make the decision that I wasn’t happy getting high anymore and I was 100% ready to turn my life around. When I told my mom that I was ready to go to treatment again she started looking at different places to send me. I had to convince her that Choices was the best place for me to go. She thought I would do better at a different rehab because I had relapsed after the program I did at Choices the first time. I had to convince her it was the right place for me to go. I did manage to convince her to send me back and I’m so thankful that I did manage that. I had learned a lot going through Choices the first time but this time when I went back I had a completely different perspective. I was doing the program for me and me alone this time and it made a big difference. I was much happier to be there the second time and it showed in everything I did. I made it on time to all of my classes and groups. I didn’t get into any trouble at all while I was there and because of this I got to go off the property and do some pretty fun activities with the other clients that did well that week. It doesn’t seem like much just being able to go to a movie but having that break once a week helps a lot. I learned how much fun I could have when I wasn’t getting high and it just made me that much more committed to staying clean. My favorite thing about Choices though is the people who work there. Choices wasn’t the first rehab I had ever been to and the difference between the staff at Choices and the staff at every other place I had been to is staggering. Every day the people at Choices go above and beyond what you’d expect from a staff member at a rehab facility. They are completely committed to helping their clients overcome their addictions and it shows in everything they do. When I came back to Choices no one made me feel bad for relapsing. They welcomed me back and made sure I was there for the right reason this time. After finishing Choices again, I came home and have been doing incredible. I am happy with my life. I don’t miss getting high or the person I used to be. I never thought I’d be this happy without drugs in my life but, I’m happier now than I have ever been and it’s thanks to the program and the people at Choices.

Sophie

Thanks to choices a very good friend of mine, who could be my sister, she is off drugs now, and a totally new person, thank you for saving her! Choices recovery is an excellent place for people who have addiction issues, or who have already been to numerous rehabs and always relapsed, or just did not work out for the before. This place will really change the way you are, and you will be able to stay sober. They give you choices in regards to your recovery process, and good choices, they do not force you to do a certain program in a certain amount of days, but rather when you feel like you are done, and they see that you have completed all the steps that are necessary for you so you can handle your life after you leave the rehab, and that you continue on the good path. And you leave when you are ready and you also feel that you are ready, not when the 30 days are up. They do give you different choices of programs that you can follow while you are at the center, of course that is after you have completed the detox program. That is the first step, and it is mainly a holistic approach but there are trained health care professionals who oversee the whole detox, and help you when you have a hard time, cause trust me you do have a very hard time at the detox. Getting off drugs is hard, it is not at all a walk in the part, but the nice staff they do their best to help you. Anyways once you went through the initial detox you go onto the programs, there is Smart recovery and different groups, and classes. Like art therapy, that I think talks to many people, of course not everyone is into it, I find it very useful, and gives you a good occupation. Than there is also music therapy and other courses and things you can learn and so on. There is also one thing that can talk to many people, is their gym, very nice, well set up. You get he help of a coach to have a plan and you work out there. That is very good since you do wanna get your muscles toned. The staff are very nice, they do go out of their way to help you with whatever issue you have, they are very caring of you, and want you to do better. Choices is a very nice place and a good place to choose for drug addiction or alcoholism. Helpful?

Sandra

When you find a place that helped save the life of someone you can not help but want to tell people about it. Being able to find a place that addressed multiple issues of ones problems was not an easy task, however we found it in the Choices Recovery Program. Not all people who are struggling with addiction are struggling for the same reasons and they truly understood that. Whether it was alcohol abuse drug abuse pain pill addiction they help with everything. The help that we received in getting our daughter here was remarkable and everyone seemed to have really cared about getting her the help that she needed and in a timely manner. After discussing her failed attempts with 12 step programs in the past it was clear o us that we were making a good decision with this center because they in fact had so much more to offer than the traditional programs we had been offered in the past. They offered something called Smart Recovery here and that is something that really grabbed our attention. This was something as we understood that was going to help with coping skills, fighting urges and maintaining a good lifestyle balance. This is a very diverse center that is helping so many people in so many different ways. accommodating to everyone\'s needs and finding the right path and training that suits everyone\'s needs. compassionate staff members that are highly trained and caring for everyone they come in contact with is something thst stood out as well. The security here is great, the detox process went well and our daughter has maintatined sobriety for close to a year now. All of the help received has been greatly appreciated and we willcontinue to spread the word about this amazing place that is helping get peoples lives back on track.

JS

Choices Recovery is the perfect place to turn into if you or your loved one is having problem with drugs. I have heard a lot of good thing about it from one of my friend. And he did show me videos of the facility and I liked it. It looks so clean and friendly. Here at Choices Recovery I bet the patients feel like they are home. Choices Recovery has everything to make them feel like they`re home I mean it has music room and gym play room. Even the cafeteria room looks nice. The patients can do so much in their free time they can not get bored here and it is so important. I would highly recommend this place.

Tj

They really take care well for their clients, especially the facilitators, they are very nice. Also the theraphist are nice, and their one on one consulatitons ate very effective. The other cli ets were very nice to. The food is not bad, I beleive they do try to make sure that everyone gets the best nutritious food as possible, but that could see some improvement. I think the SMART recovery is a very strong program that they offer, also the communications, those are very helpful, and really gives you some new points of view on your life.

Charles

I won\'t even send my dog here. They treat poorly unless you kiss their butts. I have never been to a rehab before but I needed to get of Vicodin. Pay the extra and go to a Hazelton. If you send your kid here it is a big mistake. I guess it won\'t let me hit submit unless I push their precious little button, so I will do so as people should know. 50% or more relapsed. This is a crud hole.

CB

Staff is well trained Small, but is good for one on one attention Made a lifelong friend

PH

Total care for the clients, variety of programming Could always use more staff Choices Recovery has a caring, dedicated staff that demonstrates pride in program services and in the progress of its clients. Teamwork is a key factor.

NW

Educated and Empathetic Staff Better selection of healthier foods for the patients is needed. I believe that the staff at Choices Recovery goes above and beyond for their patients. The selection of treatment options is great, so everyone's treatment can be better suited for each individual person. Patients get to choose their extracurricular courses to choose what will benefit them the most.

MP

Facility has good therapists and case managers who engage both clients and their families well. The SMART Recovery program and the communications courses are very strong in terms of what they provide to assist clients in identifying triggers, issues and coping skills. Staff appears to have large caseload. Would benefit from additional case manager and an additional therapist. I have worked at the facility and can speak to positives and negatives.

MG

Great counselors and staff...A variety of programs for patients to participate in during their stay. The patients obtain a lot of information and tools to help with their recovery during their stay. They also develop close bonds with each other during their times of struggle. It is a warm and caring environment.

AB

People here genuinely care. Insurance mandates are overbearing and inappropriate. We do not have that much financial resources. We are a smaller facility, so there is a little more time for individual client attention.

AS

Choices Recovery is a very professional rehab center. The staff is very kind and understanding. They understand the struggles and pain people with addiction go through. The facilitiy is generally well kept and clean with plenty of space for patients to do activities. The classes are the real decision booster, thats where patients really learn to overcome addiction and become successful moving forward with their lives.

J B

They gave us false information... During my sons 45 day stay he met with a counselor one-on-one on only two separate occasions. The ratio of trained counselors to clients is very low and the quality of treatment is very low. Prior to ad of trained counselors to clients is very low and the quality of treatment is very low admission, they told us there would be a choice of 12-step or other types of recovery programs, but the client was forced to spend two weeks in a 12 step program and then given the choice of Smart recovery which is not what we were told.

Gaby

Choices Recovery saved one of my best friend`s life and now she is a totally different person then she was before. Since I knew her she was always bored and that`s why she turned to drugs. But now she has a hobby and that hobby is exercising. The facility`s program worked for her and she said the beginning was very hard and it seemed like the time is not going but after the hard part she really enjoyed her time at the facility. I am so happy for her. Choices Recovery is the best place to turn into if you need help with your drug addiction!

AV

It requires a whole team dedicated to bringing about such marvelous results. Plus the facilities and all the things to keep any distraction away and let the treatment work for individuals to get the benefits of it. Plus the facility is in a location of easy access which makes it a preferable rehab center.

JohnP

I was an heroin addict a few years ago. I would have been dead probably if my parents didn't take me to Choices Recovery. They offered me such great treatment and help in the toughest times! I can't thank them enough. I was in the SMART recovery program which represents 4-points program. I had great help from the staff and their facilities are amazing as well. Now I have great life thanks to my time spent here. I want to thank them for changing my life and I want to recommend them to anyone having any type of addiction.

J.M.

Choices Recovery helped me with my addiction in a lot of ways. The staff were kind and caring. I had been through several other programs before finding Choices. The thing I liked about it the most was that I was able to choose from different paths of recovery. I recommend this facility.

Hlw

Choices Recovery has been a gigantic impact on my life. I\'ve only been to a rehab facility once in my life, and I would like to keep it as such. Being it was a fresh facility, I am very pleased with the care I received, overall. There were a few kinks in the system, as there is when any facility is new. The information and education I received was priceless. I owe six month clean from drugs to CR. The Scientology stuff that is posted everywhere is just a word. If you are fully educated about the issue you will understand. They don\'t focus on Scientology; they also offer church services and weekly church services off the premises. Don\'t form a quick uninformed opinion. Keep an open mind and you may be surprised. I have been reunited with my daughter after 17 years of drug abuse and couldn\'t have asked for a better reward for putting mind altering substances out of my life!! Thank you CR! And keep the good work up!

RB

This center is effective - that is the most important matter in any rehab. However this center also has nice amenities and treats their patients well. They don\'t just stuff them with other drugs to get them off their current ones. They use a holistic method with exercise and hobbies and their patients are treated with respect. Some of the employees have gone through their own troubles with drugs, so they understand and actually care about getting the patient through what they are going through. I highly suggest this rehab center.

Kate

As a former drug addict, I understand the pain and loneliness it can cause. When I was placed in Choices Recovery I was very doubtful they could help me. That quickly changed when I was given the choice of the program I wanted to enter to help me overcome my addiction. In addition I attended activities like music and art which greatly helped me with my battle.

SA

I am writing this today because I am alive and I am alive because of the help from Choices Rehab. I am from an upper class family outside of Boston. I went to private schools growing up, I was an only child and my parents worked round the clock as CEO’s of major software companies. With our set up, all the kids around me were bread for success. I had been in my last year of medical school when I was hit by a car while skateboarding forcing me to drop out of college. I was in a comma for 2 weeks and went on to spend 2 months in the hospital and was put on every painkiller known to man. I had not really partied in high school or college, few nights out of drinking and smoking, but not a very social person. In fact, I was very shy and introverted. I was finally released from the hospital, I suffered broken bones and some brain damage. I knew it was going to be a long road but I was looking forward to finishing college. Due to the pain and brain damage, I was put on many pills including Oxycontin and Xanax. I did not realize at the time, but I had started an addiction to the drugs. When I missed a pill, my body started to ache and I did not feel good until I took another pill. My prescription had run out and I began looking elsewhere for pills, any pills. Prescription painkillers and heroin had become a big epidemic in my area In high school and I knew many people who were caught up whom I did not talk to back then. Fast forward to 1 year later and, before I knew it, I found myself snorting heroin. Within 6 months, I was fully addicted. At that point, I had been on painkillers for whole year before dabbling into heroin. I did not finish school, I could not get it together. Because my parents worked so much, they had no idea what was going on until graduation time and they found out that I had never gone back to finish my last semester. I had been getting high. I had a friend at school who showed concern for me and spoke to my parents to tip them off. They were in disbelief and I made them believe it was not true. Nonetheless, they moved me back home and started noticing my destructive process. I managed to total their car, get a DUI and end up back in the hospital. From there I went to a detox center and lasted 48 hours before leaving and getting high again. Over the next 9 months, I had been in and out of rehab twice with no success. Third round I ended up at Choices. I did not want to be there, the first week was very rough but I had met 2 employees during that process who I immediately connected with and really helped me through those horrible beginning days. It was the first rehab I had gone to where I felt like I was ok staying at. Everyone was patient, kind and extremely helpful. I finished detox and began getting some clarity. Choices Rehab has several different programs within the program to choose from based on your beliefs. I started learning about addiction and everything surrounding. After finishing the program, I went on to to Bali, Indonesia for 6 months to volunteer helping children born with drug addiction. I wanted to give back. When I got back, I finished college and have been clean for 2 years today. I have yet to tell my story, but have had time to reflect and feel so appreciative and happy right now in my life. I still am in touch with the staff and friends I mad at Choices, we all support each other when needed. I never thought this would happen to me, but I feel so blessed to be able to come out alive.

AM

This place is incredible. I love the fact that they use things like communication and responsibility to help a person recover from an addiction, plus infusing music in to the rehabilitation! The calm, relaxing atmosphere is the ideal place for anyone to over the addiction and have a chance at a sober life!

ML

I will forever thank this program for saving my life. I did not want help nor did I want to stop using drugs. After many family fights and resistance, I finally obliged to try the program mainly because my mother was very sick and her only wish was for me to get help before she passed. Drugs had been my life as long as I could remember. I started smoking pot and drinking at 12 years old as I come from a big family and I was the youngest. Our father was an addict and abusive to all of us. I had started using to escape from my reality. My mother loved and took great care of us, but it was not enough. I loved all drugs, but mainly prescription pills, most prescribed to me by a doctor in town who would write me anything I needed. Because of this, I did not really look at my problem as a real problem. Real doctors were prescribing this to me so I believed the pills were just what I needed and there was nothing wrong with it. My entire family had been on anti depressants and pain pills. We all lived in a numb world with tombstones in our eyes and had no idea it was not normal. When my mother got sick, her sister made her see a holistic doctor. She was the first one to start becoming educated of the horrible effects of prescription drugs though she was dying and afraid too far gone. This is when I decided to try a program. Choices not only helped me withdraw and detox comfortably, but also really taught me so so much information about these drugs. It was such a long process of breaking me down to feeling again and living. They taught me the tools that I needed to deal with everyday life issues instead of popping a pill. My mother has since passed and I have been clean for 5years now, I spend time trying to help and educate others with what Choices taught me. I am still in contact with several of the employees and they are always available to help me and advise me when I have bad days. I have gained a whole new outlook on life. They even helped me with finding a new job. Would very much recommend this place to anyone looking to win their battle with any type of substance abuse.

as

Most people do not realize that they have a drug problem before it is to late. Luckily for myself I was able to get help and found a center like this one to teach me and guide me along the way. Choices recovery is a great and well established rehab facility and they have an amazingly informative staff that is there to help you along the way. Drugs alter the way that we think and feel on a daily basis. I walked around thinking that I was fine and everything was under control, but we fail to see the real problems going on and the pain and damage that we are doing to ourselves. This center offers nourishing meals witch are crucial for addicts, because without the proper nutrition we can not begin to heal from the inside out. We are able to get massages here and that was a big help for me in the fact that I was getting much better sleep and I felt that that helped me be more comfortable and have less anxiety on a day to day basis. Once completing the detox process I was able to attend groups or one on one counseling. A couple things that I really enjoyed about the program was the workout rooms and the music room. Getting nutritious meals daily was great, but then being able to go the workout room daily and build up our muscles and get a strong balanced body back was something that I was striving for so that I could not feel weak and powerless anymore. The music therapy room was another thing that really worked for me. I think we all connect to music one way or another. Whether it brings back good memories of a special occasion, or brings you back to a time that you were at your lowest point in life. Being able to connect to music for me was a very powerful thing and being able to learn to listen to a song that I could relate to without the possibility of using at the same time was huge for me, so in that regard I found this very helpful. Along with doing some counseling within groups or one on one I was able to find so many variations of treatment here that I was not bored sitting doing the same thing day after day just worrying about my next high when I got out. I was helped by some amazing people here and they really are educated and well trained. I gained a lot of knowledge by being here and learning how to put things in perspective. I can now identify my triggers and see when or if I enter into a dangerous situation and that is one thing that has helped me not to relapse.