Clay Crossing in Maud, OK

32018 Highway 59
Maud OK 74854

Clay Crossing Philosophy

Clay Crossing Foundation's mission is to provide quality extended chemical dependency treatment in a structured and supportive living environment. We welcome all male consumers, including those with co-occurring mental health conditions. Our goal is to enhance the consumer's ability to achieve sustained recovery as evidenced by maintaining abstinence from mood altering substances and increasing serenity, integrity, spirituality, and life contentment.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Fully equipped cafeteria with excellent home cooked meals

Comfortable living quarters

Friendly and concerned staff

Dionne Frankum

Executive Director

ABOUT CLAY CROSSING

Clay Crossing of Maud, Okla., is a faith-based residential treatment center dedicated to helping adult men in southeastern Oklahoma struggling with substance use (SUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders. Located on over 400 acres of quiet, rural southeastern Oklahoma, the residential center runs one of just 107 (56.0 percent of) programs in the state that’s dedicated exclusively to adult men as well as one of just 39 (20.4 percent of) that extends beyond 30 days.

Residential treatment services at Clay Crossing are available at intervals of 30, 60, and 90 days. At first, programming works by helping men identify their personal needs and explore underlying factors that may be contributing towards addiction and other unhealthy patterns of behavior. Throughout their stay, be it 30, 60, or 90 days, men focus on developing new skills, hobbies, and ways of spending their free time. Treatment is also equipped to help men facing trauma or co-occurring disorders such as depression and anxiety.

Programming has multiple goals to it: days are structured and focused on leisure time, relaxation, and building healthy relationships. Spiritual growth, another goal, is encouraged through practices such as reflection, emotional management, and building a connection “with God through Christian principles."

Men start their days with a healthy breakfast and reflection time before continuing with individual counseling, small process groups, support meetings, and recreational activities. Those in need have access to case management assistance for matters related to physical health, criminal courts, and setting up aftercare. The center encourages loved one’s participation in educational and counseling throughout family weekend visitations.

Alumni who’ve completed 90 days of treatment are invited to return for 30 days of relapse prevention programming free of charge. After a year of sobriety, men are invited to get their silver belt buckle (also known as “The Buckle”) and celebrate their continuous sobriety and commitment to recovery.

Counselors at Clay Crossing employ holistic counseling practices, however, few further details are provided by the center on its treatment staff.

Clay Crossing is set across more than 400 acres of property that ranges from “heavily forested” to “native grass plains,” following in its belief that treatment “should be away from the chaos and demands of the city and everyday life.”

Features of the large property include a network of walking trails and several fishing ponds as well as weight rooms and living rooms with large TVs.

By and large, former clients expressed a sense of gratitude and appreciation for their time here. Many highlighted the counselors, described collectively as caring, competent, and educated. “Clay Crossing was life saver for me!” wrote D.L., one of several program alumni who awarded the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness. “They really welcomed me and helped me to understand what I needed to do to live a sober life.”

Secondary sources to date reveal similar levels of satisfaction amongst former clients. Clay Crossing has excellent average ratings of 4.7 and 4.1 out of five stars, respectively, based on 15 Google reviews and 29 Facebook reviews.[1][2]

Feedback amongst families and friends was also positive. Siblings, parents, and friends thanked the “friendly and willing” staff for helping their loved ones get in touch with their feelings and follow advice given to them. “I'd recommend them to anyone that is serious about getting their life back together,” Bill, one of several grateful parents polled by Rehabs.com. “You have to wok at it and follow their counsel and if you do, it works.”

“The counselors are great and the family counseling they offer helped us so much,” wrote the spouse of a client in the single Yelp review to date. “The staff was always so nice and helpful whenever I called or came for a visit.”[3]

The first 30 days of residential treatment comes to $5,500; the following months each cost $4,500. One of just 97 (50.8 percent of) facilities statewide that accepts private health insurance, Clay Crossing offers an $1,000 discount for individuals who pay for three months at the time of admission.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/claycrossingfoundation/reviews/?ref=pageinternal [2] https://www.google.com/search?q=Clay+Crossing+in+Maud%2C+OK&rlz=1C1RUCYenUS690US690&oq=Clay+Crossing+in+Maud%2C+OK&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x87b211ccde8809bf:0x5daa8c7ac38cf6e4,1,,,
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/clay-crossing-maud

Published on February 2019

J.F.

DO NOT send your loved one here. If you are looking at this place, please do not consider it! They are liars! There is ZERO security! Drugs freely come in despite their “inspection process”. Unprofessional on every level and like many other families out there, they lie week after week about refunding our money! We’ve tried for 9 months to get our refund and we’re told each week that it will be sent in 2 weeks. Do NOT consider this place!

Justus beard

This place ain’t bad at all except for a few staff members. One just treats everybody like you’re nothing. Another thinks he knows everything and told me I was going to fail at my sobriety and called me worthless to. They also have a lady there who is just the most loving, caring and the most supportive person there. She actually cares about people’s sobriety! Love you so much!

Jan

My son was there for 2 months. I paid for treatment in advanced. He has insurance that will pay for 80% of it. Clay Crossing assured me they would provide me with the paperwork to bill the insurance. It has now been 7 months, and still no paperwork. The insurance has told me exactly what to submit, and have called Clay Crossing probably 10 times. Clay Crossing has received their money, and I’m out $10,000. All though have to do is submit a bill with a diagnosis and proper billing codes.

RWB

Clay Crossing is a beautiful environment with some the most qualified and caring staff in the state. Miracles happen here

MDG

Great staff that really cares for each individual and their needs. Peaceful and calm ranch setting very helpful for healing.

JR

Clay Crossing has some of the best counselors and staff anywhere, they really care about each guy there. They have been very successful helping men for 20 years. Facilities are very comfortable, dorm rooms with private bath for each 2 guys, not as luxurious as some that charge much more. Great place for success.

KJW

Thank you for being so caring to our son! It was better than we had hoped. He has been in a 2 others and didn't work at it but his counselors got through to him. He is still doing well, better than we have seen him in years! God Bless all of the staff for the love you showed all of us. Keep up the good work.

Dan

When I went to Clay Crossing I felt worthless. I didnt care if I lived or died. I didnt think anybody else cared either. My first 2 weeks I didnt do the program. I did nothing but feel sorry for myself. I guess something finally clicked because after that first 2 weeks I started doing my program and following my counselors advice. I got involved with the animals and started making friends for life. I went in wanting to die and came out wanting to live. I'm now one month away from getting my belt buckle! Thank God for Clay Crossing!

MD

I chose Clay Crossing for my husband and it was a great choice. We were close to divorcing if he didn't get help. He didn't want to go but after the first week he was glad he did. The counselors are great and the family counseling they offer helped us so much. The staff was always so nice and helpful whenever I called or came for a visit. My husband now understands better why he became an addict and how to cope with it. I'd recommend Clay Crossing to anyone who really wants to change their life.

AP

I was skeptical about coming after reading some reviews but I'm glad that I did. I learned things about my addiction that I never knew about. I learned why triggers are triggers and how to handle them. It wasn't easy but nothing in life is if its worthwhile. Very caring staff and great counselors. They don't fall for your crap so if that's what you're looking for forget it. The facility itself is older but what you would call comfortable and relaxing. I thank everyone at Clay Crossing for my treatment. I've been sober 11 months now.

Ken

This was a great place for our son. He did not want to go to Rehab but they won him over and after 30 days he begin to work their program and ended up doing vey well and is sober after nearly a year. Thanks for all the caring people that work there! They are the best!

tp

Wonderful rehab facility. Excellent treatment program and great staff.

JW

Clay Crossing was great for me, I went there 5 months ago and I\'m very happy that I did. They really helped me get my life together and prepared me to stay clean. I went back there last week to celebrate with a bunch of guys getting their Belt buckles for having a year of sobriety after being in treatment there.. I plan to get my buckle when I have 6 more months sober! Thanks to all of the staff there for caring so much.

MB

My sister found Clay Crossing and sent her son there for three months of treatment. It was even better than we expected and couldn\'t say enough good things about the staff, they treated us like family. He has 10 months of clean sober living. Thank you for helping him get his life back.

MD

One of the many terrible rehab rackets in this country! Basically just an overpriced adult summer camp. All they want is to take a families money! They take advantage of people who are in a desperate and life threatening position, promising to change a loved one\'s behaviors. The counselors are truly just con men who bully families and patients into submission. When a loved one is killing themselves with an addiction, families will do anything to try and help them, and these guys prey on their vulnerability! Truly sad and shameful!

RH

Great place!! Our son did really well there and is continuing to live life without drugs. He is doing well in school again. The counselors are amazing, I love them! If guys want to change their life, they can do it, unfortunately some work harder against everything they are taught.

Kevin

Very very bad.

George

Great place for our son! Loved what they did for him and the counselors were wonderful, very caring. It is rustic but very effective and the food was great, he gained 20 lb that he needed.

KB

A friend recommended we send our son to Clay Crossing. Our friend had gone through their program last year and has done so good since. Our son loved it and the staff worked miracles on him, he came back as his old self. We can\'t thank everyone there enough for what they did for him and how they treated him like he was family. He gained 15 lbs and looks good!! God Bless them!

LB

Clay Crossing staff went out of their way to make my husband feel that he was worthwhile and he could regain all he had lost over the years. They were more like family to us, they showed how much they cared and understood what he was going through. The counselors really care and are all great! Thank you for saving him and making these last few months peaceful again.

DL

Clay Crossing was life saver for me! They really welcomed me and helped me to understand what I needed to do to live a sober life. My life and the lives of my family was in shambles when I got there and I really didn\'t want to be there. My counselor urged and pushed me to work their program, even when I didn\'t want to. This last year has been the best I\'ve known in many years. Thank you to all the staff at Clay Crossing, you really make the difference!

Overall a good program

D M

From day 1 we were treated with respect at Clay Crossing. The staff is so friendly and willing to help with even the little things like getting laundry soap for my brother when he ran out before we could visit. My brother's counselor is an ex-addict so we felt this really helped with getting my brother to relate his feelings

Good program but needs a better holistic offering

R J A

They lied to us. I was supposed to be in 90 day residential and then moved to phase 2 transitional but they tried to keep me in residential for the money. They would not file our insurance they only wanted us to pay them cash each and told us we could get reimbursed but they would not give us the information needed to file for reimbursement.

J

This facility may have been an effective treatment center long years ago, but not now. Run down, no effective counseling, counselors, or over-site. Designed to get your money only. Taking advantage of people and families in need of real help. Look elsewhere for help. It isn\'t here. Speak to other facilities before you invest your hard earned money.

DR

Clay Crossing was my last chance. I was gonna die. Counselor and staff were great. I have m life and family back. Sober 138 days and still going. Thank you Clay Crossing

rg

Saved my life. I didn\'t want to go. Didn\'t think I needed to go. Relapsed once and then got my act together. I did my program and classes and groups. My counselor was awesome and patient with me but didnt fall for my excuses. I thank God I found Clay Crossing

Bill

I could not be more pleased with how they helped my son. We brought him there after a friend encouraged us to do so. Their son loved it there and is doing so well at home and on his job. He has nearly a year of sobriety since he finished 90 days of treatment. Our son is thriving but it\'s only been 4 months, his counselor checks on him and encourages him. I\'d recommend them to anyone that is serious about getting their life back together. You have to wok at it and follow their counsel and if you do, it works. There\'s always some that think they know more than the Staff and don\'t want to follow rules and that\'s too bad for them. It is takes work and it\'s a struggle but it\'s worth it in the end. Thank you for giving us our son back!

john

Horrible counseling. Terrible facilities. The place is falling apart. The staff put no effort into helping their patients. It\'s a revolving door of hopelessness.

Dan

I am doing so well since my stay at Clay Crossing, they were great for me and my family. I loved how well the Counselors understood my issues and how to help me. I\'d send a family member to get help, they really care for the men. If you want help and are willing work at the things they teach you, it is wonderful place to get your life back. I can\'t say enough good things about all of the staff, they are amazing.

DH

I was a resident at Clay Crossing for 6 months. I am 9 years 364 days sober. I am greatful for that time and realize its up to (Me) daily to continue forward. Although it is true there was no RN on duty, or security. I made a choice to be more open minded to what was being offered. Because no one was going to make me stay there like, (security)! There are an abundance of treatment centers around the world. This one may or may not be for you or your loved one. However, the mission at Clay Crossing remains one that is priceless. Sobriety!!! Anyone can achieve it but, they must want it. It is a second chance at life and it is truly 50/50. I could fall apart tomorrow and make some really bad choices. As long as I focus on now, today and deal with reality, quit making excuses, deal with my emotions, and realize its okay to be glad, sad, hurt, afraid, or ashamed. I will probably quit being so mad! I am a good person that is not perfect!!! I know things will be okay. Clay Crossing brought me back to reality and I am thankful...good luck and god bless.

var

When we took our loved one to Clay Crossing we expected things to be as they were advertised on their website. Nothing could be farther from the truth. There is no security . We had to pay most of the money out of our pocket and even though we were told that Clay Crossing would assist us in filing insurance claims, they refused to help us. They also refused to give us the necessary information to file the claims ourselves. When we made the decision to move our loved to another facility, he was treated terribly. They are not what they advertise to be. They only want your money.

K.S

We knew within days that this program wasn't a right fit for our son. He suffers from severe mental illness as well as addiction. There is no nurse on staff to hand out their meds. We were told a CNA did this (I'll point out, a CNA is not a nurse!) but our son said upper level clients actually handed out his meds most of the time. When he asked to transfer elsewhere because he needed more accountability, the request was largely ignored. Thankfully the treatment center we ended up taking our son to bent their own rules and accepted him without doing a "door to door". We observed one heck of a power trip and certainly no compassion for someone who obviously needed a higher level of care and accountability. I'm happy to say my son is now in good hands elsewhere. With a FT nursing staff and Doctors on staff, within 24 hours he has already visited with the Psychiatrist and had his lithium levels checked. Neither of which were even addressed in the 2 weeks he was at Clay Crossing. In my opinion, this is not a rehab. It's DEFINITELY NOT A DUAL DIAGNOSIS FACILITY. If you or your son has a mental illness, please know it wont be treated at Clay Crossing. My son said it was more like summer camp. I'd say it seemed more of a transitional/sober living type of place.