Cochran Recovery Services, Inc. in Hastings, MN

Call (651) 437-4209 to Contact Cochran Recovery Services, Inc.

1294 18th Street East #1
Hastings MN 55033

Cochran Recovery Services, Inc. Philosophy

Cochran Recovery Services serves to deliver cost-effective, comprehensive behavioral health services in a secure, stable and growth-oriented employment environment, dedicated to ensure individuals recognize their assets and responsibilities. Our mission is to treat chemical dependency by operating a detoxification center, Trauma Informed Care, inpatient MI/CD dual diagnosis treatment, outpatient treatment and Group Residential Housing.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Mental Health Counseling

12 Step-based Program

Click to edit

Family Support Program

Click to edit

ABOUT COCHRAN RECOVERY SERVICES

Located in the riverside town of Hastings, Minn., Cochran Recovery Services (CRS) offers a comprehensive suite of programs for individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Originally established in 1974 as a local detox center, this nonprofit organization now provides residential detoxification treatment, wellness programming, trauma-informed therapy, and sober living support.

Many clients are recently released from prison, on probation, or unemployed. Within the state, CRS is among 51.1 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities with special programs for clients with co-occurring disorders and one of 84 that treats criminal justice clients.

Upon admission, clients undergo a comprehensive psychiatric assessmentand receive an individualized treatment plan that addresses mental health needs, medication, and family involvement. There is no standard program length; duration of treatment is based upon each client’s unique needs. Of note, one client reported to Rehabs.com of staying longer than 90 days. Many programs include medication management.

Although detox services are available to individuals ages 12 and up, the Cochran Recovery Program, the organization’s residential mental illness/chemical dependency treatment service, requires participants to be at least 18 years of age. Within the state, CRS is one of 21 substance abuse treatment centers that provides residential, non-hospital detoxification.

CRS also maintains transitional housing facilities for adult men under the banner of Cochran Group Residential Housing (GRH). This program offers a safe and sober living environment for clients, many of whom are homeless, and helps them achieve independence. GRH offers daily living skills counseling as well as medication management. In the state, CRS is among 41.9 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities with special programs for adult men.

CRS strives to provide care that is holistic in nature and addresses mental, physical, and emotional health. The center utilizes 12-step methodology and provides mental health counseling for all participants. Trauma-informed therapy, a newly introduced treatment modality, is being incorporated into individualized treatment plans for adults with co-occurring disorders. In addition, the Cochran Wellness Program includes fitness activities, on-site yoga classes, and nutritional counseling.

CRS employs a multidisciplinary staff including a psychotherapist, licensed addiction counselors, case manager, registered nurse, and yoga instructor with a master of social work.

CRS is situated in a large German-style house surrounded by woods. Residential clients are provided with three meals and snacks each day. Laundry, phones, and vending machines are on-site. Visiting hours are on Sundays from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.

At the time of this writing, 12 alumni polled by Rehabs.com submitted mixed reviews, skewed to the negative: five provided favorable impressions of CRS whereas seven offered the opposite. Two of the reviewers who processed a series of evaluated metrics awarded positive ratings of four and three out of five stars for facility cleanliness and upkeep, holistic offerings, meals and nutrition, staff experience and training, and treatment effectiveness, and would recommend CRS.

K.S.C. wrote: “They care and never give up on you, very educated staff." The other, an anonymous alum, added: “The program is a good place to be if you want to be sober” and cited counselors and staff as strengths. "The program is rigid but not as rigid as many other programs. If you are truly seeking to escape the madness of addiction, you can do it here,” they wrote.

The balance of the reviewers cited poor treatment from staff, substandard physical conditions, lack of communication, unclear cost structure, and bad food and nutrition. “This place is an awful detox center. It’s dirty, uncomfortable and the nurse was extremely rude. They basically do nothing,” one alum wrote. Another former client, Bri, added: “I learned NOTHING nobody gives care about you, the food stinks its dirty and over crowded and TONS of down time.”

On secondary sites, CRS received mixed coverage to date: 1.9 out of five stars based on 13 reviews on Google and 4.2 stars based on five reviews on the unofficial Facebook page for the facility’s inpatient program. [1] [2] Positive reviewers, who awarded the facility perfect five and four out of five stars, praised the counselors and referred to the center as a “spiritual place.”

On Facebook, E.A.B.K. wrote: "Cochren helped me find a life worth living and for that ill forever be greatful.” The many negative reviewers complained of rude treatment, lack of caring, filthy conditions, and, as one-star reviewer M.D. on Google noted: “They rudest staff I have ever met in my life. The place feels like a nastier than a jail cell."

On secondary site Indeed, former and current employees to date offered mixed reviews, skewed to the negative about the facility, including a 2.9 out of five-star average rating based on seven reviews. [3] Positive reviewers considered CRS a “good place to work” with cooperative colleagues, close-knit team coverage, shared ideas, and interesting and challenging assignments. A detox technician, who rated the facility the top five stars, wrote: “Working on the unit(s) can be hard because the clients can be challenging but it is also so rewarding."

Conversely, staffers who submitted negative reviews described incompetent staff and management, some disrespectful colleagues, long shifts, and understaffing. One counselor characterized the facility as a “Very chaotic place for staff and clients. No one is held accountable. “

CRS accepts medical insurance, though the website doesn't provide details. Citehealth reported that state insurance is accepted. One Rehabs.com survey respondent noted receiving financial support through Minnesota’s Rule 25 and The Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cochran-Recovery-Inpatient-Progam/167119969967542
[3] https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Cochran-Recovery-Services/reviews

Published on December 2018

Marlene

I was sent by a hospital ER in a different town for detox from an overdose on deliriant medication. I don’t remember first arriving but apparently, at the age of 54, had a full conversation about Smurfs with the intake nurse. I wandered aimlessly and slept other times. I think I basically spent a weekend until I became coherent. It was a bed and meals while getting my brain back. No complaints one way or another because it did what it was supposed to do. They provided a ride back to my town.

William

CRS. Was what I needed exactly when I needed it. Yes the treatment program is housed in an older VA. Building in Hastings and it has some mechanical problems, the facility is not by any means "cushy" , but for me that was the charm. I didn't come to treatment for the worldly comforts, although the food was fantastic, I could eat as much as I wanted. There are two treadmills, an eliptical and a universal workout station, laundry, my bed was good the DVD library was awesome and the Counselors were very good. They helped me set up aftercare and sober housing. They even have me a ride back to St. Paul to my sober house. I guess it comes down to gratitude and attitude, I got exactly what I needed at this humble and caring program. 11/19/18.

BD

This place is an awful detox center. It’s dirty, uncomfortable and the nurse was extremely rude. They basically do nothing. You show up and all they do is check your vitals every so often. It’s awful. I’d never recommend this place.

CJ

I just got out from a weekend at this place. I can tell you first hand my experience.. Beds are uncomfortable, pillows flat...no place other than TV room to go to other than your room. Sitting on my bed or pacing the floor was the norm there. One nurse was very nasty to me the whole time. The food was okay, but not good. I would not recommend this place to any loved one.

S.L

I am a recovering alcoholic with a year clean tomarrow( no thanks to this place). During my drinking I was in the detox facility three times, and I have never seen such an uncaring, nasty place. I received NO medical attention, except when they took my vials which were 120 bpm heart rate for 99 percent of my stays...Detoxifying as a chronic alcoholic can be deadly, but no one cared. I was also told by a nurse that I brought this on myself. Please, even if your loved one needs detox DON\'T send them to hastings. I will be filling a complaint. I feel so bad for the people suffering in there. This place should be shut down!

Bri

This place is SUCH a joke I learned NOTHING nobody gives care about you, the food stinks its dirty and over crowded and TONS of down time. If you get on the directors bad side it\'ll be horrible for you. She kicked me out on the street I\'m a young blonde female far away from home no money or phone and was told I had to get off property or she would call the cops I had never been talked to or in any trouble in any way until that day I needed to talk and calm down no staff was available and as I was swearing and pacing back and forth I was told I was getting discharged for inappropriate behavior please don\'t send anyone you care about here jail is a better option

GMW

I would not be here to write this review if it were not for the staff at Cochran House. The program is rigid but not as rigid as many other programs. If you are truly seeking to escape the madness of addiction, you can do it here.

Alvin

This place is so full of it they don\'t tell you nothing about your funding and they always try to get you in grh just for the money l was not told about my discharge day which I had to call my insurance company to find out my graduation but on Wednesday my so called counselor had a supposedly a one on one and then had the nerve to say how many times have we met, l though that was the icing on the cake l honestly seen him one time and I think he did that because it was time for my graduation they were up to trying to get a extend my stay there behind my back again because they never told me my discharge date l say to anyone who wants treatment don\'t go there please please please don\'t go there...

Eg

This place is garbage. I left the program early. The food their is trash to. They don\'t supply a decent breakfast. The councilors were decent but the rest of the staff is just terrible. Their was a hole in the roof causing leaks whenever it rained. I saw their Dr their they didn\'t put my bill threw my insurance so now I have a $4500 bill. They had a faulty fire alarm while I was there and it would randomly go off. I\'m pretty sure if a health inspector or any state official went threw their it would be shut down. I highly highly recommend never going to that place.

Karen

They really cared about me. I have been drinking for 40 yrs and have ptsd this has been a life changing process for me. Good program.

A.r.

The building\'s heat does not turn off in the winter. It will be 80 degrees year round. There is mold in the building ... The counselors are very good at their jobs and do care about the individuals. However the business model is strictly about money. You will \"successfully complete treatment\" when your financing runs out, be that 7 days or six months, regardless of how long you truly need to be treated.

counslers, and staff were strengths of the facility, but the locked doors and there is not enough outside time. the program is a good place to be if you want to be sober.