Cochran Recovery Services, Inc.

1294 18th Street East #1, Hastings, Minnesota, 55033

About Cochran Recovery Services, Inc.

Cochran Recovery Services serves to deliver cost-effective, comprehensive behavioral health services in a secure, stable and growth-oriented employment environment, dedicated to ensure individuals recognize their assets and responsibilities. Our mission is to treat chemical dependency by operating a detoxification center, Trauma Informed Care, inpatient MI/CD dual diagnosis treatment, outpatient treatment and Group Residential Housing.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Intensive Out Patient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Mental Health Counseling
  • 12 Step-based Program
  • Family Support Program

2/5
    1.8/5
    2.5/5
    1.7/5

• MC
    Far and away the worst treatment center I've been to. Appalling living conditions. Facility is decrepit. Their counselor should not be allowed to be a LADC. She is belittling, hostile, unintelligent and spiteful. Avoid at all costs.
  • Marlene
    I was sent by a hospital ER in a different town for detox from an overdose on deliriant medication. I don’t remember first arriving but apparently, at the age of 54, had a full conversation about Smurfs with the intake nurse. I wandered aimlessly and slept other times. I think I basically spent a weekend until I became coherent. It was a bed and meals while getting my brain back. No complaints one way or another because it did what it was supposed to do. They provided a ride back to my town.
  • William
    CRS. Was what I needed exactly when I needed it. Yes the treatment program is housed in an older VA. Building in Hastings and it has some mechanical problems, the facility is not by any means "cushy" , but for me that was the charm. I didn't come to treatment for the worldly comforts, although the food was fantastic, I could eat as much as I wanted. There are two treadmills, an eliptical and a universal workout station, laundry, my bed was good the DVD library was awesome and the Counselors were very good. They helped me set up aftercare and sober housing. They even have me a ride back to St. Paul to my sober house. I guess it comes down to gratitude and attitude, I got exactly what I needed at this humble and caring program. 11/19/18.
  • BD
    This place is an awful detox center. It’s dirty, uncomfortable and the nurse was extremely rude. They basically do nothing. You show up and all they do is check your vitals every so often. It’s awful. I’d never recommend this place.
  • CJ
    I just got out from a weekend at this place. I can tell you first hand my experience.. Beds are uncomfortable, pillows flat...no place other than TV room to go to other than your room. Sitting on my bed or pacing the floor was the norm there. One nurse was very nasty to me the whole time. The food was okay, but not good. I would not recommend this place to any loved one.
  • Mia staples
    Thank you.
  • S.L
    I am a recovering alcoholic with a year clean tomarrow( no thanks to this place). During my drinking I was in the detox facility three times, and I have never seen such an uncaring, nasty place. I received NO medical attention, except when they took my vials which were 120 bpm heart rate for 99 percent of my stays...Detoxifying as a chronic alcoholic can be deadly, but no one cared. I was also told by a nurse that I brought this on myself. Please, even if your loved one needs detox DON\'T send them to hastings. I will be filling a complaint. I feel so bad for the people suffering in there. This place should be shut down!
  • Bri
    This place is SUCH a joke I learned NOTHING nobody gives care about you, the food stinks its dirty and over crowded and TONS of down time. If you get on the directors bad side it\'ll be horrible for you. She kicked me out on the street I\'m a young blonde female far away from home no money or phone and was told I had to get off property or she would call the cops I had never been talked to or in any trouble in any way until that day I needed to talk and calm down no staff was available and as I was swearing and pacing back and forth I was told I was getting discharged for inappropriate behavior please don\'t send anyone you care about here jail is a better option
  • GMW
    I would not be here to write this review if it were not for the staff at Cochran House. The program is rigid but not as rigid as many other programs. If you are truly seeking to escape the madness of addiction, you can do it here.
  • Alvin
    This place is so full of it they don\'t tell you nothing about your funding and they always try to get you in grh just for the money l was not told about my discharge day which I had to call my insurance company to find out my graduation but on Wednesday my so called counselor had a supposedly a one on one and then had the nerve to say how many times have we met, l though that was the icing on the cake l honestly seen him one time and I think he did that because it was time for my graduation they were up to trying to get a extend my stay there behind my back again because they never told me my discharge date l say to anyone who wants treatment don\'t go there please please please don\'t go there...
  • Eg
    This place is garbage. I left the program early. The food their is trash to. They don\'t supply a decent breakfast. The councilors were decent but the rest of the staff is just terrible. Their was a hole in the roof causing leaks whenever it rained. I saw their Dr their they didn\'t put my bill threw my insurance so now I have a $4500 bill. They had a faulty fire alarm while I was there and it would randomly go off. I\'m pretty sure if a health inspector or any state official went threw their it would be shut down. I highly highly recommend never going to that place.
  • Karen
    They really cared about me. I have been drinking for 40 yrs and have ptsd this has been a life changing process for me. Good program.
    counslers, and staff were strengths of the facility, but the locked doors and there is not enough outside time. the program is a good place to be if you want to be sober.
  • A.r.
    The building\'s heat does not turn off in the winter. It will be 80 degrees year round. There is mold in the building ... The counselors are very good at their jobs and do care about the individuals. However the business model is strictly about money. You will \"successfully complete treatment\" when your financing runs out, be that 7 days or six months, regardless of how long you truly need to be treated.