Cold Creek Lodge in Brighton, UT

(5 of 5)
8155 Brighton Loop Road
Brighton UT 84121

Cold Creek Lodge Philosophy

Cold Creek Behavioral Health is a nationally accredited, non 12-step drug and alcohol addiction treatment program. We offer a full range of the most successful evidence-based therapies. Cold Creek’s treatment programs are based on the Bio-Psycho-Social and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy treatment models that are recognized by Columbia University and the National Institute on Drug Abuse. These models view addiction as a disease while taking into consideration that there are Biological, Psychological, and Sociological factors to consider when treating addiction. We offer dual diagnosis treatment, which means we treat addiction and mental health issues at the same time and in the same setting. All of our limited enrollment programs offer individual treatment where only 8-10 clients are treated at a time. This ensures clients receive the individual counseling, and personal attention in a beautiful setting that balances healing and recovery.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

• Equine Therapy
    A form of animal therapy, equine therapy involves visiting, working with and sometimes riding horses as a way to create a metaphoric relationship that leads to life-altering insights.

Non 12-Step Program

Evidence Based Addiction Treatment

A+ BBB Rated

Amanda Quist

Clinical Supervisor

I graduated from Westminster College and have been working in the substance use field ever since. I believe strongly that both substance use and mental health problems need to be treated at the same time and I am continually learning and finding new techniques and research to better assist the recovery and health of my clients. Throughout my various positions I have worked with people all along the spectrum ranging from people court ordered to treatment, to those diagnosed with schizophrenia and major mood disorders, to those who are motivated and ready for recovery. I love working in the substance use field specifically because it is challenging, motivating, and never boring. I enjoy working with the clients as well as their families and loved ones and I believe that building a strong support network is essential in recovery.

Shawnda Flitton, LCMHC

Clinical Director

Shawnda is the Clinical Director of the Cold Creek Wellness Programs helping those struggling with addiction by first completing a Bachelors of Science in Psychology from Weber State University followed by a Master’s of Science in Mental Health Counseling. She is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor specializing in assisting individuals with Dual Diagnosis. She has unique empathy and specialized treatment experience for those suffering with opiate dependence/addiction including methadone and suboxone as well as eating disorders, anxiety, and trauma. Shawnda has a deep enthusiasm for community and political service, hiking and camping in the beauty of the world, participation in various local athletic leagues, the “learning process”, and has a great desire to encourage others to explore and embrace their own passions.

ABOUT COLD CREEK LODGE

Cold Creek Lodge, located near the Brighton Ski Resort in Brighton, Utah, provides residential treatment to adult men and women dealing with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Cold Creek also operates facilities in Kaysville and Holladay. Detoxification is not offered on-site.

Treatment begins with a medical and clinical assessment that is used to create an individualized treatment plan. Residential treatment typically lasts 30 days and is not 12-step based.

Cold Creek Lodge incorporates evidence-based modalities like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectic behavioral therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) into treatment.

Cold Creek also offers experiencial therapies like adventure-based therapies and equine therapy. The facility also offers meditation and medication-assisted therapy.

Following residential treatment, clients can enter intensive outpatient (IOP) programming. Cold Creek offers a lifetime aftercare program.

Cold Creek Lodge employs social workers, equine therapists, mental health counselors, and family and marriage therapists.

The mountain lodge is located across the street from the Brighton Ski Resort and offers upscale accommodations. The lodge is set within walking distance from hiking trails and with views to nearby lakes and mountain views. Residents will enjoy private and shared rooms, rooftop seating, a pool table, a hot tub, and a fully-equipped kitchen. The setting is also perfect for skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and snowboarding.

Alumni providing feedback to Rehabs.com gave overwhelmingly excellent ratings to Cold Creek, with several individuals thanking the facility for saving their lives. Alumni lauded the staff, accommodations, and outdoor activities offered. Alum Timothy wrote: "The people at cold creek really care about your recovery and focus on putting you in the best position to succeed in the future." Reviewer Lauren added: "Absolutely put my recovery as a first priority. Loved all of the tools I learned to stay in sobriety."

Several alum praised beautiful scenery and adventurous outdoor pursuits. Jamie commented: "The setting was perfect. I really benefitted from the mountain environment. The hiking, rock climbing, and fit2recover were AMAZING."

The cost for five months of inpatient and outpatient treatment is estimated at $35,000. Cold Creek accepts all major insurance plans including Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and UnitedHealthcare. Clients can also pay with cash, check and credit card.

Published on November 2017

I thoroughly enjoy this program. The staff was great and I enjoyed their company and knowledge. I like how they are not AA based and how they incorporated other treatments/activities. I will definitely recommend this program to anyone who needs it.

the staff is unreal

What an amazing facility! I am so grateful for the family program and the help they gave my son. My son went to a few other rehab facilities before going to Cold Creek and he said within the first week of being at Cold Creek he got more help in that time then the 30 and 60 days at the other treatment centers he went to. He continued with their IOP and Sober living and I cant tell you how impressed we are with these. This program cares for their clients and the clients families. They do all they can to set you up for success and to continue a life being clean and sober.

I really can't thank the staff and the mountains here enough. I've tried 4 residential treatments prior to Cold Creek and none compare. Not only is the staff to client ratio incredible, but the individual genuine care is beyond measure. Here I was able to work through the root of my issue with Alcohol, come to know and love my true self, and begin to dream for a new positive; awake; and alive sober existence. I greatly appreciate the many different modalities used, not only twelve step; thank God. I grew mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and became physically healthier each day. If you have struggled with a drug or alcohol problem I STRONGLY encourage you to consider Cold Creek. You will be lead through a comprehensive 30 day program and absolutely set up for success though IOP and Sober Living upon exit, here in Utah or back in your home town. Best of wishes to all seeking help and a great thanks to all those at Cold Creek, Whit.

my time here at cold creek Brighton was amazing I needed help at the low point of my life and was addicted to drugs horribly. I was living on the streets and she came to me while i was at a detox facility and was convinced this was the place to turn my life around and they helped me find the authentic me now i do sober living and love the whole program i STRONGLY recommend this addiction free clinic they truly care about helping people and the staff is SO GREAT i can personally say i am a real addict in recovery and have what it takes to now be sober thanks to my friends at cold creek and the after care plan they provide

Great treatment program. The staff and clients there are all great. Counselors are all very helpful and non-judgmental about anything you have done. I feel like everything I learned there is going to be very helpful in the future for years to come for me.

I love Cold Creek Lodge. I would recommend any and every one to attend this program. I have attended other rehabs that don't come close to the success I have had with Cold Creek. The counselors, support staff and even the owners care whole heartedly, for each individual client. They don't just focus on your addiction; they focus on the core issues of your life. I learned so much about myself and issues I tucked down deep. I feel so free and happy about my life and who I am.

If you have been through other treatment programs in the past and are still dealing with the disease of addiction. Cold Creek is the answer and should be the next phone call you make. You won't regret it.

I had a great experience @ Cold Creek. I highly recommend their recovery program. The staff was amazing. I really felt like they were vested in my recovery.

If I hadn't chosen Cold Creek as my residential treatment facility I don't think I would have been able to finish my treatment. I came here thinking I had the answers & knew what I needed to do to stop using. I came to understand through individual and group therapy that it was okay to talk about the past & open up to people I could trust. I would recommend this facility to anyone hurting from addiction, I truly feel like I was given a second chance with this place.

I came to cold creek with an addiction and I am leaving with the knowledge about how to handle my addiction an take my life back. Since I came here I am loving my life an looking forward to living free of alcohol and drugs. I would highly recommend this treatment center for anyone that needs help. The counselors will help and push you to be the best you can be.

Taught me the tools needed to stay in recovery.

Good treatment.

I absolutely loved the lodge. It's a great place with awesome, interesting therapies. The staff is amazing, highly qualified, and very caring. I would recommend treatment there to anyone I know that needed help. Thanks Cold Creek! P.S. there is one staff member in particular who is the best.

I feel like Cold Creek saved my life. After a fifteen year on again off again relationship with heroin I found myself divorced with my self confidence in the toilet. My depression, anxiety and bipolar were out of control. After attending three other rehab facilities and relapsing each time, I had very little hope of anything being different. I ended up staying inpatient at Cold Creek for almost sixty days. The first big difference I noticed was how sincere the staff was compared to any of the other programs. The fact that they seemed to truly care about me and my recovery gave me hope to try one more time. I enjoyed the entire program, but for me the individual counseling sessions and weekly meetings with the psych doc made the biggest difference. I was able to work through issues that had been plaguing me for my entire adult life and get my meds in a place where I felt really stable. The setting was perfect. I really benefitted from the mountain environment. The hiking, rock climbing, and fit2recover were AMAZING. Thank you to the staff memebrs. I love you guys.

★★★★★ The staff is great, this place changed my life for the better.

As a client at the Cold Creek Lodge I experienced many amazing things that include: Positive atmosphere, a welcoming feeling of comfort, Rock Climbing, Frisbee Golf, and the most amazing food. You will never go hungry lol. seriously though if you are really ready to get sober, then Cold Creek is the way to go. you wont find a better place!

Thank you to a special staff member . I miss our walks. Happy Mother's Day my friend!

My stay at Cold Creek was amazing! The support staff and counselors know what they are doing. Groups and education was on point and useful. I've been to many treatment centers and Cold Creek is different. They are understanding and treat their clients with respect and the genuinely care! Cold Creek helped me to get my life back and I am so grateful!!! I highly recommend Cold Creek if you are suffering from any kind of addiction! THANKS COLD CREEK!!!! Oh, and the Hikes, climbs and skiing are wonderful!!!!

This was my first time in rehab being treated for Alcoholism. I did a lot of research and Cold Creek Behavioral Health met all of my criteria. Their online reviews were positive, they are Non 12-step program and offered dual diagnosis treatment for my anxiety and depression. I stayed at their Lodge location near Brighton Ski Resort. The three things that made the biggest difference was the 1 on 1 sessions with my therapist, the physical activity, and the staff. The one on one sessions really opened my eyes to a lot of the thinking errors and cognitive distortions that were contributing to my anxiety, depression and relationship problems. I had a clear picture of my relapse cycle and a solid aftercare plan before I transitioned into the Intensive Outpatient Program. I have always been quite active, so the physical activity was perfect. We went ice climbing, skiing, snow shoeing and attended a recovery based fit2recover program 2x per week, which was great. There was such a wide range of actives, equine therapy, drumming, breathworks meditation, process groups, serenity lounge, hydrotherapy. I really felt as thought the staff were since and truly vested in my recovery, which kept me motivated. As I compare rehab experiences with some of my friends, I cannot imaging going anywhere else. For the first time in years I am clean sober and have hope for my future. Thank you Cold Creek Lodge & Staff.

Cold Creek is awesome! This was my 3rd Rehab. I thought it would be just like other rehab facility's but It's not The staff is really great the program they have here is really good I learned and gained life skills and tools to help me throughout my recovery! the place is really beautiful. The therapy is really great! My favorite part of being here was the Rec therapy was AWESOME! the activities they take you are so much fun! I liked how serious they are about recovery and want to help you they care so much!

Cold creek has been a great experience for me. I have been to numerous treatment centers in the past and none of them have helped me very much and I have always went back to heroin and meth after a short period of time. The people at cold creek really care about your recovery and focus on putting you in the best position to succeed in the future. The counselors are great and the support staff is great is as well. They take you to do outdoor activities and try to help you find positive things you can do for yourself when you get out. They also have a great sober living program that you can do after you complete inpatient. I would definitely recommend cold creek for anyone that wants to get help or is looking for somewhere for a loved one to go.

Great experience. Wonderful staff!!! Absolutely put my recovery as a first priority. Loved all of the tools I learned to stay in sobriety. I would definitely recommend!!!!

I chose to go here because of the small group of clients and variety of therapeutic classes and groups.

My experience at cold creek was exactly what I needed to help my drug/alcohol addiction. the therapy and group classes were perfect for my situation, it was a hard program but it was what I needed. The Equine therapy was amazing too. Cold Creek took special care of my needs and I never felt neglected while I was I their care.

Cold Creek saved my life. This is my 4th go at recovery and the most humbling, spiritual journey I have ever experienced. Thank you to all of the support staff and therapists that helped me along the way- I never imagined the level of care I ended up receiving. Thank you to two staff members in particular! THE BEST OUT THERE!

Cold creek was my 7th inpatient treatment center. I came in broken and hopeless. I told my mom I would just give it a shot and not to get her hopes up. After the first 2 weeks I started to have the change necessary to begin my recovery. I had a great counselor. Together we were able to work through a lot and break the ice for a lot more recovery down the road. I actually completed the 45 day program!! But then there was the real test. Unfortunately as i kept in contact with my rehab brothers I saw some fall. But for me it worked wonders. On November 13th of this year 2015 I celebrate my first year ever without a drug including alcohol since I was 14 years old. I was an IV meth and heroin user. If I can do it anyone can. Love Scotty

Mountain Peak Recovery
  • Animal Therapy
  • Personalized Meals to Dietary/Nutrition Preferences
  • Holistic Offerings (Yoga, Meditation, etc)
Maple Mountain Recovery