Copper Sage Recovery in Bluffdale, UT

14014 2200 W
Bluffdale UT 84065

Copper Sage Recovery Philosophy

At Copper Sage Recovery we pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our clients. We are a sixteen bed Residential Treatment facility for adults, in Bluffdale Utah. We are Utah’s premier provider for Equine Assisted Learning. We have a dynamic six horse on site equine program. We strongly believe that the emotional connection formed with a horse can be a strong bridge to recovery from mental health and substance abuse issues. We emphasize a focused and balanced approach to recovery. We know that mental health and addiction affect you on the individual, personal and professional level. We focus on those while healing the mind, body and spirit. Our Doctor is a world class, board certified addiction and mental health specialist. Each of our therapists are masters level clinicians and specialize in trauma, ptsd, mental health and addiction. Each day our Chef prepares and plans amazing meals that are both delicious and healthy. At Copper Sage we honor and believe in all paths of recovery. Locally we attend 12 step meetings, SMART Recovery, ONE Voice, Refuge Recovery, Addict II Athlete and FIT to Recover. Each client is assigned an individual therapist, a case manager and an equine assisted learning leader that they meet with throughout the week. At Copper Sage we know that through mental health and addiction the family is affected as well. We have an amazing family program. Each week all family members aged sixteen and older are welcome to the facility for family programming. We do family education, family process, family therapy and family equine groups. We believe healing starts within the individual and spreads from there. We are truly grateful for the relationships we are able to build with each of our clients and their families. The blessings of recovery are endless.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Fully integrated on site Equine Program- Horses help us realize our best self

16-bed Facility

3:1 Staff to Client Ratio

Brent Cunningham

L.S.U.D.C. Program Manager

Brent came to Copper Sage Recovery in January 2018 as the Program Manager. Brent is a licensed Substance Abuse Counselor and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor in Idaho. Brent has worked in the field of addiction since 1992 as a counselor and facilities manager in both Outpatient and Residential facilities. In 1995 he opened his private practice SpiritWalker Counseling Service in Twin Falls, Idaho which offered Intensive Outpatient Counseling throughout southern Idaho. He moved back to the Salt Lake Area in 2015. We are glad to have Brent join our treatment team with his 26 years of experience counseling and working in the field of addiction.

Ronald L. Baird

D.O. Medical Director

Dr. Baird did his undergraduate training at Brigham Young University. He received a bachelors of science in biochemistry. He then worked as a chemist for Natures Way testing herbal products for their potency and active ingredients. He did his medical training in Kansas City Missouri. After completing his internship and residency he became board certified in family medicine in 1998. He has practiced the full scope of family medicine for several years, including delivering babies, pediatrics and adolescent medicine. He has a special interest in skincare and has done additional training in laser and cosmetic procedures. Dr. Baird made a career shift to addiction medicine in 2013. In addition to the training he has received in addiction medicine, he brings with him a wide variety of skills and experience to treat all of the basic medical needs of adult patients. Dr. Baird has the ability to explain complicated medical concepts clearly and guide the patient in helping them make decisions for their medical care. Dr. Baird believes complete medical care includes physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. He believes there are definite advantages to having one medical provider know all of the medical issues affecting the individual as well as their family.

ABOUT COPPER SAGE RECOVERY

Located in Bluffdale, just south of Salt Lake City, Utah, Copper Sage is a 16-bed facility that offers residential treatment to individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. It is one of only 65 residential facilities in Utah. According to the facility's website, Copper Sage prides itself on being Utah’s premier provider for Equine Assisted Learning

Programming at Copper Sage Recovery is personalized to each individual client's needs. Treatment draws upon different methods including SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, and 12-Step treatment, which is offered by 66.1 percent of Utah facilities.

In addition to individual and group counseling clients take part in education that gives them "experiential, powerful, and hands-on life skill development". Therapy is specifically designed to build capabilities commonly impaired by addiction including executive functioning, awareness, joy, patience, motivation, and productivity.

The facility is home to six horses that clients work with during equine therapy to develop introspection, esteem, and self-regulation. Additional therapeutic activities include yoga, meditations, hikes, museum visits, and cooking. Adventure therapy is also available in which clients take part in snowshoeing, hiking, nature walks, and survival education.

Areas of planning addressed by aftercare include finances, relationship, legal concerns, housing, self-care, recovery meetings, and future therapy sessions.

he facility's staff includes doctors, licensed clinical therapists, case managers, administrative professionals, and equine therapy leaders. All therapists are master’s level clinicians with specialties in trauma, PTSD, mental health and addiction.

Photos on the Copper Sage's website show a homelike facility with a living room, kitchen, and shared bedrooms. The facility can accommodate 16 clients at a time. Meals are prepared by an on-site chef.

REVIEWS

to date no reviewers have responded to the Rehabs.com survey. On third party sites however the facility has received very positive reviews. On Google seven individuals awarded Copper Sage perfect five out of five star ratings.[1] "Copper Sage Recovery is amazing. The staff are so knowledgeable, kind and helpful," wrote K.T. in a representative review. "Everyone at Copper Sage goes above and beyond for the clients." On the facility's Facebook page, which Copper Sage may have the ability to control, reviewers felt similarly with six individuals leaving five star reviews.[2]

"Copper Sage has literally saved my life, and has been the closest place to home that I’ve had in the past 8 years," wrote K.P. "I’ve never felt so comfortable and safe, yet vulnerable at the same time. The staff truly cares about everyone and actually takes the time to get to know you."

There is no information available on the facility's website regarding cost or insurance.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/CopperSagerc/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on December 2018

In the past 7 years, I have been to several dual diagnosis treatment centers and very few have come close to helping me in my recovery. It was by complete chance that I ended up at Copper Sage and am forever grateful that I did. I struggled with severe depression for 8 years before I turned to substance to cope with it. I've been through countless types of therapies and programs and eventually completely lost faith. Copper Sage was dramatically different from every other residential program I have been through. What stands out the most to me is the staff. All facilities have a frontline staff that are there around the clock, but at Copper Sage, the owners and managers are always there if the clients need them, and are involved in the success of each client. They do not work behind the scenes-they work on an individualized basis along with the therapists. They are 100% invested in each and every client. I have never experienced such devotion and care as I experienced at Copper Sage. Also, they have equine therapy twice a week with six beautiful horses in the back of the house. The equine therapist is phenomenal, and the trauma therapist made more progress with me in two months than the therapy I've had in the past 10 years. I wasn't viewed as an addict, but as a human. I am not saying my problems are solved and I am "all better". I am only testifying that Copper Sage made a huge impact on my emotional health and my sobriety. I have and will continue to recommend this facility to anyone who asks.

Very caring, respectful, responsive, adaptable facility. Everyone is treated as an individual. Programs require hard work but customization makes it well worth it!! Horse therapy, personalized programs, family access. Some newer staff and growing pains.

Copper Sage is an amazing facility with an Amazing staff from owner down to the clients that truly care about the recovery and lives of the residents staying there. The equine therapy is top notch and the staff that oversee that group truly and genuinely care about the clients. I felt like I had chosen along with god's guidance the best place out there. Copper Sage will be missed but it's not the end. Copper Sage is just the beginning of my recovery. There will always be a spot in my heart for Copper Sage and I have made friends for life with the people there!!!! I love you guys!! Equine therapy, the staff, the spacious facility, the staff bend over backwards for the residents. Scheduling could be a little tighter.

I had a very good experience. I received personal and quality care. Most staff were not in recovery. Food.

The overall treatment experience is amazing at Copper State recovery. They do everything to make sure all of the clients feel comfortable and safe. It is so nice and refreshing to have a facility feel like a second home and the staff feel like an extension of your family. The strength of the facility is definitely the staff. They are so friendly and experienced. I can�t believe how empowered they helped me become to take charge of my life and recovery. The only weakness is that I couldn�t stay forever.

Overall, Copper Sage was amazing. They were so kind, friendly and knowledgable. Copper Sage Recovery went above and beyond in every aspect. The truly care about each client and their recovery process. I walked in the door and instantly felt the love of all of the staff and clients. I am forever grateful that I was able to go to Copper Sage. The strengths of Copper Sage are the horses and the people. Don't get me wrong, the facility is beautiful but the people and animals are what give it the feel of healing.

Very therapeutic peaceful environment, truly individualized, caring staff! Love the horses! Individualized treatment, onsite equine therapy with option to ride, staff that truly cares. Newer facility that experiences some growing pains.

One of the greatest experiences we have ever encountered. The staff and therapist go above and beyond for patients and their families. I can�t find words to explain the gratitude we have for this place. Excellent skilled learning for clients and families.

Therapist who are willing and able to listen and help individuals with trauma, triggers, personal growth and overall wellbeing. Fun, safe and theraputic enviroment. Willing to listen to problems, ideas, suggestions. Consistency among all those involved in the treatment.

Copper Sage Recovery is great, they have equine therapy, onsite therapist, great admission team, and awesome staff! Yoga is awesome for clients, equine, and great staff. A weakness is that they are on blackout ten days but I know they have a therapeutic reason for it.