Cornerstone of Recovery Adult Residential in Louisville, TN

Call (855) 925-4673 to Contact Cornerstone of Recovery Adult Residential

1214 Topside Road
Louisville TN 37777

Cornerstone of Recovery Adult Residential Philosophy

Treatment places a patient on a course of continual change and helps develop healthy interdependent relationships with family, friends, co-workers and other recovering people. The foundation of treatment should be built on the most successful and available recovery model currently known – the principles of the 12 Steps of AA/NA. This program guides individuals through a process of self-examination and spiritual change which ultimately leads to long-term recovery. Much of our recovery programs are designed to assist our patients in this process of self-discovery in a safe, supportive environment. The staff must provide an environment that promotes trust, emotional risk taking, and acceptance of the need for honesty and continual change after treatment. Our recovery programs rely heavily on the concept of therapeutic community where hurting people gain strength and support from one another and can confront one another in a spirit of love and acceptance.

Daily 12-Step Groups

Group Therapy

Educational Programs

ABOUT CORNERSTONE OF RECOVERY ADULT RESIDENTIAL

Based in Louisville, Tenn., Cornerstone of Recovery provides numerous substance abuse treatment services, including its adult residential program, which is also appropriate for clients with co-occurring mental health disorders. Additionally, the center offers a specialized treatment track for veterans, as well as on-site medically monitored detox.

Clients begin their treatment with a comprehensive assessment, which the clinical team uses to create a customized treatment plan. Depending on the severity of their addiction, clients may start the program with medically monitored detox. Once stabilized, participants move on to Cornerstone’s adult residential program, which typically lasts between 28 and 35 days.

Treatment at Cornerstone is 12-step based, and most therapy and activities occur in a group setting, though some clients may also undergo additional psychological and physical assessments. Days are filled with group therapy, 12-step meetings, educational programming, family therapy, and recreational activities.

Aftercare services are offered to successful graduates for up to 18 months after discharge.

According to the facility’s website, the treatment teams includes a physician certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, a board-certified psychiatrist, a licensed psychologist, a licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselor, a registered nurse, and a pharmacist.

According to images and a video on the facility’s website, amenities include a fitness center, indoor and outdoor recreation areas, and comfortable group rooms and lounges. Clients share modest, dormitory-style bedrooms, and can enjoy scenic views of the the surrounding Smoky Mountains.

More than 20 alumni were surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, the majority of which offered Cornerstone’s adult residential program positive feedback. Satisfied former clients praised the compassionate staff and comprehensive curriculum, and four former clients even credited the facility with saving their lives. “Very effective program,” wrote alum Jon in a review representative of positive feedback. “They worked all areas of addiction : physical, mental, and spiritual. Cornerstone educated me and gave me the skills and tools to live in sobriety.”

The seven former clients who gave negative feedback complained about insurance issues, a lack of individual counseling, and poor holistic offerings.

The seven loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave Cornerstone mixed reviews. When asked, on a scale from one to five, if they would recommend the facility, four respondents gave a rating of just one. Their major complaints included poor treatment tactics, high cost, and insurance issues. The three reviewers who complimented the facility told Rehabs.com that Cornerstone provided their loved ones with compassionate and effective treatment. “It's a family...they have a genuine concern/love for their clients. It shows,” wrote one loved one in a review representative of positive feedback.

More than a dozen staff polled by Rehabs.com gave their employer mostly positive reviews. They noted that having more than 90% of the staff in recovery was a strong asset, as was the compassion of the staff and the facility’s comprehensive programming. In a representative review, Stephanie described the facility’s atmosphere as “structured and professional, yet friendly and personal.” The one common complaint concerned the healthcare system in general, as at least three former clients noted that more insurance plans should cover addiction treatment.

A few staffers did note internal issues, most notably inadequate compensation and a high turnover rate.

According to the facility’s website, treatment at Cornerstone is covered by most health insurance plans, including those from Aetna, Cigna, United Health, and more. Medicare and Medicaid, as well as HMOs that have no out of network coverage, are not accepted.

Updated April 2017

Published on June 2017

Very effective program. They worked all areas of addiction : physical, mental, and spiritual. Cornerstone educated me and gave me the skills and tools to live in sobriety. I will alays be grateful. They help you with real life, not resort living. Brand new state of the art facilities.

I have seen a lot of good done here and am a fan. Some people do seem to forget rehab is not a vacation and that they are, in fact, staying in a hospital setting. The programming is highly individualized, but focus is on substance abuse. Not necessarily a good fit for true Co-occurring disorders where say, eating disorder and alcoholism are equally problematic. There were some older buildings, but they are being phased out and the new facilities are stellar. Meals are OK...nothing to write home about, but they do allow and provide areas for people to bring their own food. Overall caring staff (you will run into bad apples anywhere) and they really try to help. They really emphasize the importance of including families in treatment and developing support before returning home.

I have been working with Cornerstone..to detox and attend inpatient alcohol treatment program. At each point where I was told one more process till admission, another set of criteria was required and presented as do this and then we can admit you. They approved my insurance and completed intake interview but it was always one more thing. I would not recommend anyone waste time with this run a round.

Went to Cornerstone an addict and alcoholic in 2005 to get people off my back, no intention of getting sober. I am now over 11 years clean and sober thanks to them. It's not perfect, but they saved my life.

This place only cares about money. The pictures you see are of one of a few buildings they have. The buildings and area you sleep are horrible and are nothing like these pictures. The counselors even joke and call were you sleep the Bate's motel, which is in an old run down strip mall. Don't let them fool you with a "tour". Once they get your money it's game over and you turn into just a number to heard through their over crowded facilities.

This place is a joke, called me one of those people, rude , nasty and unsupportive people working there. Everything they tell you on the phone before arriving was a lie, and once I left they dropped me at the airport and did not even tell me what airline my flight was. I had to go to every airline until I found my flight. Don't waste your time or money

All around horrible experience. No one on one counseling. Detox and medical your on your own. Wouldn't feed the food to my dog. Do yourself a favor and go where your respected and appreciated.

Excellent treatment center for a 'hardcore' alcoholic like myself who was at his wits end. I participated in the Adult Residential Program and I owe my life to the staff at Cornerstone and their program! Its been almost a year and I'm still sober, at least 'just for today' as the program says. Keep up the great work!

COR hires people in recovery...after at least a year of sobriety...former clients. They can certainly understand the feelings and attitudes and behaviors of the current clients. They've been there...very effective. And the employees are monitored for any slip ups in behavior, alcohol/drug use. They'll be fired if need be. It's a family...they have a genuine concern/love for their clients. It shows.

This place is an absolute joke. The living conditions and food are horrible and no one will give you a straight answer.

Cornerstone is out for money. They take pleasure in treating their patients like a number. There are a FEW really good people there, but the bulk are just there for a job, they do not care if you recover or not. I went through their detox with no coaching whatsoever. I am an alcoholic. I entered their IOP program and was promptly dismissed when I presented a letter from my doctor stating that it was vital to my recovery that I continue a medication that is against their list. If you are desperate and have no place else to go, it is better than nothing. I suggest Blount Memorial's program. Yes, I am very bitter and very angry over my treatment for the price of 15K. It is a sham. They sell it well, but the treatment is sub par.

Strengths: Staff, support. Weaknesses: Crowded. Saved my life I'm so thankful for my treatment.

Wonderful staff, except for counselors, who are uneducated. Great program, I learned so very much and I have not slipped since they threw me out yesterday. This is a for-profit institution . I am an older Southern lady involved in a divorce after decades of marriage, which was not my idea. I did have to pay cash and I felt as if I had been 'muscled' regarding finances before I was released. Go figure.

I was placed in Cornerstone by my employer and although I did not stay sober after my 28 day stay there, I give them a lot of credit for my sobriety now. The curriculum, gave me the tools I needed to recognize the triggers and the consequences for my choices. I don't think it was cookie cutter at all! Yes there were structured classes each had to attend, the counsellors tailored their one on ones to my individual situation and always helped me to understand boundaries. I wish I lived closer, I would absolutely and proudly take steps to be a part of The Cornerstone Staff! I believe wholeheartedly that their philosophy and compassion and dedication was the first most important step I took toward my sobriety! Thank you for making me face my part in my addiction and in my recovery!!!!!

Comprehensive programs clinically based, high quality staff, compassionate care and respect for patients, ongoing quality improvement. Fast growth in census and programing creates logistical issues, new technologies being implemented - good problems to have. Many patients tell us that our programs are much more comprehensive than other facilities they have been to.

Its staff is a strength. I know all the staff.

He attended 4 yrs ago with no insurance and it cost $15,000. Of course with insurance it was free. I think cash pay patients are ripped off.

I enjoyed this facility

Enjoyed the 12-step program.

Too cookie cutter. Not everyone needs the same type of treatment

Quality staff. However, there is an over emphasis on profit.

Great overall treatment program, compassionate counselors who care about helping the newcomer, most counselors are in recovery themselves, great aftercare and continuous care programs that offer continued support to patients post discharge.

I think that their strong tradition is a positive aspect.

We will refer out if mental health issues are severe (schizophrenia, psychosis, etc.) Integrity, a sense of community, and patient care. I believe we are far the best. Employees are just not paid enough. I believe Cornerstone of Recovery gives the best patient care possible. It is not a resort or vacation but instead it is a place that pushes you, cares for you, and helps you battle addiction and learn tools to carry with you once you complete treatment.

Insurance does not always agree to what is recommended by professional staff. Activity Therapy & Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist.

I feel that there is a family aspect to the staff. Employer is very supportive of employees bettering them selves.

Cares for patients and number one concern is about recovery. They have a difficulty keeping good staff due to salary paid in all areas. Cornerstone of Recovery is an excellent facility and I would refer or recommend this facility to anyone in need of our services.

Patient care is always a priority. Facility philosophy is based on good principles. Staff compensation could be better.

We are not everything to everyone, and no one place or facility could ever be. But, we are committed to doing our best for every patient we see, and providing them with the help to find what they need if we cannot provide it in house. Extremely devoted and experienced staff, many of whom are actively engaged in several years/decades of recovery themselves; and, a commitment to individualized treatment planning and meeting patients where they are, to include addressing and providing treatment for the effects of trauma and other factors that may be contributing to distress and impacting patients' lives. It has been my experience that Cornerstone, as an institution, is very committed to adapting and evolving in order to remain in the forefront of current effective alcohol and substance abuse treatment so that we may provide the best care possible for our patients.

They provide schema therapy and 12-step.

It is a great facility.

Full continuum of care offered: Detox, inpt., IOP, OP, supportive living and recovery coaching/aftercare. All patients are screened for co-occurring mental health problems and referred for a psychiatric evaluation by facility psychiatrist when indicated. Patient care plans and after care plans include identified psychiatric problems and aftercare staff/recovery coaches review progress with co-occurring problems during aftercare sessions. Prompt assistance in verifying benefits and obtaining approval from insurance company. Patients routinely informed on status of insurance approvals of care and assistance in appealing adverse or inappropriate access-to-care decisions. Strengths include: Multidisciplinary staff, comprehensive assessment services, full continuum of care levels, post-treatment services, family program, communication with primary care physicians, employers and patient health care providers during and after treatment, involvement with academic institutions through research and internship programs, community education services, patient privacy. I've been in the field for 40 years. Recovery is possible if patients continue to practice recovery behavior after treatment. Addiction is similar to other chronic health conditions requiring routine self-care. Developing spiritual insights and connections and finding a willingness to share one's personal recovery journey with others provides a very sound foundation for recovery. Cornerstone provides an environment to take personal risks to accomplish the basics. Sometimes medical and psychiatric problems can be obstacles to overcome. Cornerstone has professionals to assist with these individual problems. The good news is that those with addictions can be truly happy, joyous and free. I see it all the time.

I would like for more people without insurance to be able to receive care. Alcoholics and Addicts in recovery make up 90% of the staff. There was a high turn over of staff.

Patient care is excellent.

There is sometimes miscommunication between departments. The patients say that they hear one thing from a counselor and something else from another staff. If I had a family member that needed treatment, I would want them to go to Cornerstone. I think the schema therapy is the best approach to recovery. There are so many aspects of recovery that are introduced to the patient. This includes activity therapy, fitness, specialized groups (for medical professionals, veterans, airline employees, etc), accudetox, psychiatry, pain management, and schema therapy. I have been through this treatment center several years ago. It is part of the reason that I work here.

The atmosphere of this facility is structured and professional, yet friendly and personal. A friend has successfully completed a program at this facility. The staff and program design were great. The person is treated as a whole. They need more beds.

They provide schema therapy in addition to 12-step model.

Staff was very supportive.

I used drugs for 30 years. Cornerstone of Recovery gave me the tools I needed to live a life after treatment. I am very involved in NA in my area and plan on staying that way forever. Thanks you Cornerstone for saving my life! This place is TOP NOTCH! Wonderful experience. They saved my life.

I was disappointed with the holistic offerings.

Very effective treatment.

This place opened my eyes and saved my life.

Much of what they said they would provide did not materialize. The family counselors were horrible. ... They said they would help with insurance, they did not. They kept wanting me to do more and more time in their SLP program. So my family is out about 50K and I got pretty much no help except what I could have gotten from AA meetings. Horrible and expensive. Look elsewhere.

There was not quite enough training to all aspects of the job, which left me feeling frustrated at time since no one ever took the time to explain or show me how to perform certain tasks...

Don't recommend this place.

Focus Treatment Centers
  • Alumni programming and aftercare services
  • Whole-person care approach and experssive therapies including art therapy and dance/ movement therapy
  • Weekly nutritionist on-site and professional chef
Silver Ridge