Crest View Recovery Center in Asheville, NC

90 Asheland Avenue
Asheville NC 28801

Crest View Recovery Center Philosophy

CVRC is here to guide anyone suffering from addiction into recovery. We strive to improve the physical, spiritual and emotional health of our clients and their family through a system of addiction education, counseling services and wellness services based on a program of patient care and education. CVRC offers multiple levels of addiction treatment programs, each tailored to the clients’ specific issues and needs. All of our programs are designed to help you gain insight into the disease of addiction while acquiring the life skills needed to sustain long-term recovery.

• Reality Based Programming
    During Reality Based Programs, patients participate in intensive therapy during the day, and participate in evening activities designed to support individual treatment goals. Those responsibilities include the day-to-day tasks of a normal living routine; grocery shopping, cooking and maintaining the cleanliness of living quarters, recreational activities; all while monitored by staff. Combined with effective clinical treatment, an emphasis on reality-based tasks aids in successful reentry to daily life upon completion of the drug rehab program.

• Individualized Treatment
    Those suffering from addictions benefit most from facilities that are committed to developing an individualized treatment plan. Every person, every addiction, is unique. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to healing from substance abuse disorders. The road to recovery is a very personal one. Crest View Recovery Center was designed with a team of professionals that is dedicated to helping you discover and develop a plan that works for you.

IN NETWORK with BCBS, also accepts Aetna, United Healthcare, UMR, Cigna and other insurance companies

Medical Director is a psychiatrist and sees all the clients

Healing in the mountains of Western NC

Patrice Wishon, LCSW, LCAS, CCS

Clinical Director

Patrice has 27 years experience working in social work and mental health/substance abuse counseling. She received her Master's degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and has worked in a variety of settings, including community-based out-patient, hospital, and classroom settings. Patrice specializes in substance abuse treatment, trauma, and women's issues.

Adam McIsaac, CSAC, ICADC

Program Director

Adam is an experienced certified substance abuse counselor and owns a successful sober living facility in Asheville. Adam has 10 years experience working with and in treatment centers. Adam practices meditation, yoga, and other wellness based activities in his personal life and has established those practices into CVRC’s program.

ABOUT CREST VIEW RECOVERY CENTER

Situated in the tranquility of North Carolina's Appalachian Mountains, Crest View Recovery Center (CVRC) offers multiple levels of care for individuals struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. A premiere, upscale facility, CVRC provides residential and outpatient-based treatment services.

Clients undergo an initial substance abuse history to determine an appropriate level of care. Those who require structured, comprehensive services may be referred to CVRC’s residential treatment program, where they stay an average of 35 to 45 days and engage in eight clinical hours of daily programming.

During the day, clients attend individual and group counseling sessions, educational seminars, and 12-step support meetings. They also participate in a range of recreational and holistic therapies, such as guided meditation and yoga, and nutritional counseling. In the evening, they participate in activities that support individual goals.

CVRC strongly encourages residential clients to utilize its outpatient programs for “step-down” relapse prevention. Clients typically spend four to six weeks in the intensive outpatient program (IOP), where they see counselors and licensed therapists during three-hour sessions, three times a week.

In North Carolina, CVRC is one of 60 substance abuse treatment facilities that offers 30+ days of residential, non-hospital treatment and among 41.1 percent with an IOP.

Licensed by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, CVRC is among 13.3 percent of substance abuse treatment centers in the state accredited by The Joint Commission. It employs an interdisciplinary professional team of psychiatrists, master’s-level substance abuse counselors, wellness coordinators and yoga instructors, and a support team of facility technicians. Of the dozens of reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, the six individuals polled on the matter praised the facility's staff.

Staff Experience and Training: 5/5

Surrounded by the Blue Mountains, CVRC offers a therapeutic, supportive environment and tranquil outdoor areas to promote reflection and relaxation. A 35-bed facility, it features double occupancy bedrooms, a yoga studio, comfortable group counseling rooms, and private clinical offices for individual therapy.

According to the facility’s website, the residential program uses a reality-based treatment model, suggesting clients may be responsible for light chores. The six individuals polled on the matter felt the facilities were clean and well-maintained.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 5/5

Of more than 40 alumni who submitted reviews of CVRC to date to Rehabs.com, over 95 percent provided glowing feedback. Numerous expressed how treatment there turned their life around and, more pointedly, “saved their life.” The small segment who evaluated a series of survey metrics awarded perfect five stars for connectivity/visitor policy, counseling options, family involvement, holistic offerings, their likelihood to recommend, as well as treatment of co-occurring disorders.

“Crest view is an awesome treatment center. They really know what they're doing and they set the bar high in addiction treatment. I wouldn't be who I am today without them,” one alum wrote. Another alum added: “The admissions staff went above and beyond to help me.” Isolated criticism concerned poor experiences and money-focused management.

On secondary sites, CVRC also received positive coverage to date, including 4.6 out of five stars based on 42 reviews on Google.. [1] Numerous reviewers referred to the facility as “amazing,” such as J.B., who wrote: “Crest View Recovery Center is an amazing place to not only get and learn how to stay clean, but to discover your true self. I would recommend this facility to anyone struggling with addiction.”

The six loved ones who submitted reviews to Rehabs.com to date provided consistently highly favorable feedback. A majority of loved ones gave perfect five stars or high four out of five stars for 12-Step practices, connectivity/visitor policy, counseling options, family participation, holistic offerings, and their likelihood to recommend the facility.

Reviewers commended the dedicated staff, safe environment, and the compassionate care their loved ones received. In a representative review, a loved one wrote: ”They helped my husband change his life for the better. He became a better person because of it. The staff was very knowledgeable and caring. They taught him life skills and how to deal with the world.” K.R. echoed the sentiment, reporting that the small setting helped their son feel comfortable to complete treatment and stay sober.

The sole staff member polled by Rehabs.com to date provided exemplary ratings for most aspects of treatment, awarding top five stars for connectivity/visitor policy, counseling options, family participation, holistic offerings, as well as treatment of co-occurring disorders. “Caring, loving, quality treatment, good succeess rate. Treated like the clients matter. Dosnt feel like a giant organization that just fills treatment beds,” the staff member wrote.

CVRC accepts insurance from most major providers, such as Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Healthcare, and works with them “to minimize the financial burden of treatment.” Currently, the cost of the residential program is $20,000 per month or $55,000 for 90 days of residential care. The six individuals polled on the matter appreciated the facility's cost.

Affordability: 5/5

[1]: GoogleReviews

Published on December 2018

One of the many unique things happening at CVRC is that they involve families, if the client desires, at the beginning of treatment and throughout the treatment instead of waiting until the last week/weekend which is the more common approach. I really appreciated this. The staff are top notch, which is really the most important part of the experience. Individualized treatment is really a thing here, not just lip service. Thanks, CVRC! -CJ

I had an amazing experience at Crest View. The therapy and groups were so much better than I’ve had at other centers and the staff treated me like family. They saved my life…I can't thank them enough.

Very special place with positive supportive staff and real recovery.

I went to Crestview broken and hopeless. By the time I reached them I had given up on myself. The admissions staff went above and beyond to help me. I was welcomed with nothing but kindness and understanding. The staff really does know their recovery and were willing to do whatever they could to help me succeed in my long term recovery. I am proud to say that I have over 9 months sober today and owe it to crestview and their staff

This is the best treatment center I've been to. I've been to several unfortunatly, but am confident enough in myself now from what I've learned at Crest View that I don't have to relapse again. It is a lot of work dealing with yourself and learning, but you gain your life back. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to come to such an amazing place.

I have a lot of comments. But for the amount of money that I spent going to this place I could have gone somewhere much nicer and professional.

Christina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please contact us at (828) 575-2701 so that we can clarify or rectify the grievances you’ve expressed. Take care.

I decided to send my son(20)after he got into some trouble. He was a little reluctant to go, but completed the program and did very well. They even let him stay a couple extra days till I was able to come get in ..I�ll give a thumbs up. Smaller in size. My son wanted more Internet time.

Crest view is an awesome treatment center. They really know what they're doing and they set the bar high in addiction treatment. I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

This place saved my life. The staff and therapists are so caring and knowledgeable. It’s a top notch place.

Crestview is a very good program and it helped my daughter alot. She went there pissed at the world. She definitely didn't think that she was an addict either. Eventually she learned that she was in denial and came to learn about her disease. They gave her a foundation for her recovery. She learned so much there and is almost 7 months clean.

They helped my husband change his life for the better. He became a better person because of it. The staff was very knowledgeable and caring. They taught him life skills and how to deal with the world. He now has over a year sober and I am so proud of the man he has become with the help of Crestview

This is the best treatment center I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to many.

My step-father went here for alcohol problem. He did a lot of work on himself there, and has been going to meetings. Happy so far!

Loved this place. Really helped me. Couldn't imagine a better staff

Crest View saved my life. They are so generous and scholarshiped me when I had no other options. I don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for their help and continued support.

I would not recommend this place. All they care about is taking advantage of your insurance company. I wouldn't never go t anyplace like it. It's all about the money.

This center was clean and helped me turn my life around for the better. I'm so glad I chose them to help me on my journey.

I came in with a severe alcohol problem. The program they set up helped me dramatically, and the meetings we attended were exactly what I needed for early recovery. The staff cares and are very able from the top to the bottom. I will be attending a half way house and continuing my IOP program here. I feel comfortable going back into the real world after my recovery at Crest View. I would still be drinking without it.

This was one of the most effective programs ive been to over the years. I would recommend this program to any addict seeking help.

This program is amazing and the people here are wonderful.I would highly recommend this program to anyone who needs treatment. The program has really helped me substain my subriaty!

If serious about recovery this is the place to be. I would. I highly recommend Crestview.

Crest View turned my husband's life around for the better! I am so thankful for this facility and its staff.

great staff I loved the facility.

A strength was that it was therapeutic I value the program and its components. I learned additional techniques to apply in my recovery. The staff was very attentive to my particular needs while I was here and made me feel comfortable. I came here from a traumatic situation and was able to learn from it through the therapy I received. For that I am eternally grateful.

For anyone seeking freedom from active Drug and/or Alcohol Addiction, Crest View Recovery Center is being run by a group of the most caring individuals I have ever known. CVRC is geographically located in the breathtakingly gorgeous city of Asheville NC, surrounded by mountains. The WNC area is so very lucky to have them working in this capacity within the community

Great Program in a great community. I came to Crestview looking to start my life over and was greeted with open arms. The clinical staff is top notch and the post-treatment plan that they have set up for me is outstanding. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to start fresh and stay clean from drugs/alcohol.

Very liberal rehab program. You have 5x one hour classes during the day but get to go shopping for your own food at Ingles. Get to go on "activities" on the weekend like bowling and the movies. Overall a good experience. The doctor on staff is kind of a loony-toon. Everyone that works here is in recovery for the most part and they are all very nice. It is what you make of it.

The process works. There is always room for improvement, but after a 45-day stay, you learn real-life skills and the urge to use goes away. You build relationships along the way that can help you in your recovery.

The treatment/care I got here changed my life and made me want a whole new change in life for the better. The staff/therapist were very attentive and made sure you were comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone out there wanting a new start in life.

Very concerned, caring and knowledgeable staff. Made me feel they really cared about my recovery.

Most staff was helpful, rules change occasionally without notice. Overall good experience

My stay at Crestview was extremely pleasant compared to treatments ive had in the past. The staff was friendly and informative. They took me to outside AA/NA meetings every night. It was also nice to be able to chose what I eat. They provide gym access 7 days a week. I felt like I was supported by the staff here and would recommend Crestview to anyone who is serious about getting clean

I really enjoyed this program and overall was satisfied with the program. I learned a lot and achieved my goal of learning a new way of life. I now have the tools I need to be successful.

The addministrative staff helped me with anything I needed. The therapeutic staff were supportive and informative. i would recommend Crest View Recovery to anyone seeking long term treatment from addiction.

since crest view is a new place and not in business to long i feel that have been very patient and seeing there views. So i feel that this is a safe and very good place be. love the emolyee and staff. i would recommend this place to anyone in need.

This was my first time in treatment and I can honestly say it was a great experience. Although it was a difficult time for me, all staff was willing and helpful!!! VERY LOVING AND COMFORTING GROUP!!!!! Creastview Is The Greatest

Crestview Recovery Center is a wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone seeking treatment. It is a reality based program so you should expect to be doing your own grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning, which is great for getting you ready to head back into society. The help, love and support from the staff is amazing. This program has been really good for me and i definitely recommend it to others.

Crest View showed me a lot and I cant thank them enough. They did a great job teaching me the tools I need for my recovery.

This facility has really saved my life. This is my second rehab and I never thought I would get clean until I came to this program. Most rehabs are like day cares for adults and pamper you for example, maids that come in and clean your room for you and clean the house and treat you like you were at a spa. Crest View taught me the responsibility to grow up and be the adult that I need to be. They make you clean you room and the house and take you food shopping on your own and wash your own clothes like you are a adult. I would advise this place to anybody that wants to be clean and learn the tools one needs to stay sober. Thanks to this place I have no desire to go use and get back into my old life style. The teachers here and therapist really know what they are doing and they know how to help you with anything that your going through. The staff here are really nice and want to support you in any way that they can possible. The living houses could use a little improvement but that is not what people are there for. People come here to get help and stay sober not to live in a day care. I'm so thankful that I picked Crest View over any rehab center because I don't think I would of gotten the same or even as good of place to save my life.

Crest View offers a phenomenal, reality-based treatment program that caters to a diverse population of clients. The majority of staff are in recovery and approach their treatment methodology from a place of compassion. I attended this program for six weeks and can definitively say that they have given me every conceivable tool to ensure that I can transition into active long-term recovery. During inpatient treatment here, I shopped for my own food, prepared my own meals, and was given the latitude to attend the gym or the park in the afternoons. During the weekend, I participated in activities such as bowling, nature hikes, t-shirt tie dying, movies, and trips to the local bookstore. The amount of money they provide for weekly food is extremely generous. I was able to maintain a very healthy diet and generally had money left over. Clients are allowed to smoke or vape and are provided frequent breaks to get fresh air, use the rest room, or socialize and smoke. The living quarters are incredibly nice and we are expected to clean, ensuring that we have a nice, home-like environment. There are trained Behavioral Technicians with clients 24/7 to ensure that a safe and recovery-focused environment is provided. These Techs are often also in recovery and provided me with significant experience, strength, and hope as I encountered challenges during my recovery. While we learn the tools we need for recovery in the clinical setting, we practice using them in the residential setting with other clients and the Crest View Staff. The Behavioral Techs are no-nonsense professionals who generally supervise with two-person teams and work with groups of up to 12 clients, taking us to the center for class, to the gym or park in the afternoon, and to meetings in the evening. We attended AA or NA meetings in the community, which allowed me to build a sober network even in inpatient treatment. As a client, I was allowed one 20-minute phone call per day (after a 7-day blackout), which gave me time to call my sponsor and my family and work my recovery program/keep them appraised of my treatment. This program is not for every addict. It is intentionally structured to prepare addicts to face the world that they will be a part of after they leave inpatient treatment. Those who are unable to function outside of a strict lock-down facility that cuts off all interaction with the outside world may not be suited to this program. Client safety is Crest View's foremost objective and this was made very apparent at the beginning of my time at the treatment center. At the beginning of my stay, several clients had chosen to steal or smuggle in illegal or non-prescribed medications, which is a risk for any reality-based program that attempts to provide realistic conditions to prepare clients for life outside of inpatient rehab. This activity was rapidly identified by the Crest View staff who ensured that the clients who compromised the safety of the program were dismissed. In addressing the situation, however, the owners conveyed a strong sense of compassion for the addicts who were asked to leave. They found them alternate treatment centers that provided the level of care those clients needed, and they emphasized to their remaining clients that relapse is a reality, that their primary concern was client safety, and they they wanted to foster a culture where clients felt empowered to speak up when they notice unsafe behavior (both to save the lives of those in the program and to protect their own personal recovery). Similarly, throughout the six weeks I spent here, other clients were asked to leave when they were disruptive to the recovery efforts of the larger Crest View community. One particular client was unable to assimilate, choosing to undercut other clients recovery, gossip, shoplift, and steal other clients' property. The clinicians at the center were similarly quick to address this behavior, dismissing this client, but also ensuring that she was placed in a program that could address her addiction and psychiatric needs. Finally, the clinical setting is also very well-rounded and was an instrumental part of my recovery. We had classes that ranged from the physiology of addiction (so we could understand why addiction is a disease and what was occurring in our brains when we use) to relapse prevention planning. Other classes included: the impact of addiction on women (gender group), trauma and addiction, how to process emotions, using cognitive behavioral techniques to address addictive behavior, mindfulness techniques to address craving, and 12-Step oriented yoga classes (to name a few). My treatment plan was highly tailored. I met my assigned counselor individually at least once a week and spent three hours with her in a small group setting (3-5 people). She was able to adapt my treatment program to my specific needs, strengths, and weaknesses. I cannot emphasize enough that not only was my counselor highly experienced and competent, but both of the other clinicians are world class addiction specialists as well. I would have been happy being assigned to any of them. Upon preparing to leave, my case manager did extensive research into outpatient programs local to my home that also suited my specific schedule and recovery needs. She provided the smoothest possible transition to ensure that there was no lapse in treatment as I transitioned out of the program. Early on, she also personally managed my short-term disability claim and worked with my insurance to ensure coverage was clear and managing my claim was a relatively streamlined process. Overall, I'm so thankful for this program. It absolutely saved my life, my career, and my marriage. I would recommend this to anyone searching for a program that is tailored to address the whole person (physical, mental, social, spiritual) and proven to provide the tools needed for a fulfilling and effective long-term recovery.

The counselors and administration staff are dedicated to their work. Very interactive groups. Crestview is very helpful

Will be writing a letter.

Got what I needed.

Great place. Learned how to prevent relapse and live clean. Very transitional which is what I needed.

This was my first treatment and I would highly recommend this to anyone struggling with addiction. The staff made me feel comfortable and safe. It saved my life!

Crest View is a great place. The staff really care. The real world setting made me feel like I was at home. I would highly recommend this place

My son loved Crest View. The small setting helped him feel comfortable enough that he finally completed treatment and is now sober and doing amazing. THANK YOU CREST VIEW!

Compassionate, helpful, safe environment, friendly staff, understanding Staff is helpful and experienced and well trained. Facility is warm and welcoming. People are genuine and wanting to help clients recover from addiction.

Caring, loving, quality treatment, good succeess rate. Treated like the clients matter. Dosnt feel like a giant organization that just fills treatment beds.

Crest view was a great place. They really treated me with respect and care. I would recommend this program to anyone seeking help fro themselve or a family member

Crest View was a great program with great staff. they really care about their clients

I'm grateful for crest view. The staff goes above and beyond to help everyone. I wouldnt have the recovery I have if it wasn't for crest view. The small atmosphere really helped me. Staff was always around and willing to help. Thanks for all you did.

The design of the program helps with the transition from treatment to every day living. Very affordable compared to other Treatment centers. It is centrally located. I liked that it isn't a lock down facility and you can attend outside 12 step meetings.

Thank you for everything you did for me while I attended crest view. This was the best treatment program I ever attended. I really felt like an individual and not just a number

Crest View Recovery is amazing. The staff really do care. I've been to other treatment centers and this one tops them all by far.

Crest view was a great place. The fact that it is a small facility really helped me and I was given individual attention that made me feel special

I was a client at Crest View Recovery Center and I can't explain how amazing it was to to get the help I needed there. The program is very strong and has given me tools and taught me how to apply them in my life. They helped me develop a network for aftercare and most of all, they genuinely wanted to see me recover. They have helped me with every concern I had and also helped me transition out of the treatment center. I came to Crest View Recovery Center asking for help and they really did give it to me. Incredible facility, staff, and therapists. It was an amazing experience that has truly changed my life.

Great, caring staff, and comfortable facilities. Like how they are setup like real life living. Made my treatment pleasant.