Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Center of Waterville in Waterville, ME

Call (877) 794-0486 to Contact Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Center of Waterville

(3 of 5)
40 Airport Road
Waterville ME 04901

Discovery House Comprehensive Treatment Center of Waterville Philosophy

ABOUT DISCOVERY HOUSE

With 18 locations throughout Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Maine, Discovery House provides outpatient treatment services to clients seeking treatment for opiate addiction. This facility in Waterville, Maine, offers services for adult men and women with a strong emphasis on medication-assisted therapy (MAT).

According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, there were at the time of its publishing roughly 4,300 patients in opioid treatment programs that utilize MAT, constituting one percent of clients in such programs nationwide.

Treatment at Discovery House begins with a call, email, physician’s referral, or walk-in at the facility. Discovery House notes on its website that it makes every effort it can to accommodate potential clients within 24 hours of their first contact. Clients complete the admissions with an evaluation by trained medical personnel.

Focused on opioid addiction, treatment at Discovery House uses a combination of therapeutic interventions and MAT. Medications utilized for MAT include methadone, Subutex (buprenorphine), and Suboxone, which are available at five percent, 17.6 percent, and 26.6 percent of rehabs in Maine respectively. Periodic drug screenings are used to promote sobriety during treatment.

MAT is complemented by talk therapy and alternative therapy practices. Clients can participate in counseling for specialty subjects including HIV, nutrition, and drug free counseling. Discovery House also provides educational courses which focus on sober living skills, including coping skills and life skills needed to maintain their sobriety.

Follow-up, aftercare, and family services are made available through treatment programs.

Discovery House is CARF-accredited, a certification held by 9.5 percent of rehabs in Maine. Additionally, it is licensed by the state of Maine, certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and regulated by the Drug Enforcement Agency.

M.P., the lone former client polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, gave the Waterville facility a mostly mixed review. While she noted that she had no wait time to get into the program she also wrote, “I felt like… going there had been a waste of my time.”

When polled on more granular metrics, M.P. gave three out of five stars for the facility's exercise and leisure opportunities, the staff's level of training and experience, the level of family participation in treatment, and holistic offerings. She gave only one star for affordability. Despite these middling ratings, she indicated that she would recommend the program to others.

On Google, Discovery House earned an average rating of 3.3 out of five stars from 13 reviews to date.[1] Many alumni praised the staff members and called them “nice,” “helpful,” “friendly” and “courteous.” In a representative review, alum Stephanie wrote: “I personally think that the staff here is amazing. the nurses are awesome and don't make you feel like just a number.” However, one alum, Tristan wrote, "The worst methadone clinic I have ever been to!!!!"

Though Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from loved ones, two loved ones on Google both gave negative reviews. In representative commentary, Summer, the wife of an alum, wrote, " The way he has been treated here is completely unjustified. I am not happy, and I am not happy with the failed callbacks, and the bad attitudes."

The two former staffers surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility mixed reviews. B.D. noted that while the clinic was too focused on money, it was “probably one of the better ones in the area.” The other staffer wrote in an anonymous review that while the location was convenient, the facility did not offer a lot of treatment options.

Both reviewers were polled on more granular metrics. Though B.D. gave four-stars to the experience of the addiction staff, medical staff, and mental health staff, the other reviewer gave two or three stars to all categories evaluated.

Treatment at Discovery House costs $95 per week and is all-inclusive. Some private insurance carriers are accepted.

Published on September 2019

B D

it is probably one of the better ones in the area, but needs to stop focusing top priority on money

Michelle

I was able to get right in. when I lost my insurance they were not willing to work with me and I had to leave before I was ready. I was forced to go to detox to help deal with the physical withdrawal from methadone. While there no one ever encouraged me to go down on my dose until I lost my insurance and then no one cared. I created my own plan to go down on my dose every seven to ten days. I finally had to leave because the choice became pay my rent or pay for treatment. I felt like the last five years of going there had been a waste of my time.

Location was good but there was a lack of options