Eagleville Hospital in Eagleville, PA

Medication Management
Individual Treatment Planning
Family Therapy

ABOUT EAGLEVILLE HOSPITAL IN EAGLEVILLE, PA

Eagleville Hospital, located in Eagleville, Pa., offers detoxification and residential treatment to adults ages 18 and older who are struggling with addiction. Eagleville Hospital is a non-profit organization located on 40 wooded acres in the Philadelphia suburbs. The facility has been in existence for more than 100 years, and hosted the first Narcotic Anonymous meeting on the East Coast in 1969.

To be admitted, clients may call the facility’s admissions line 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Admissions priority is given to pregnant injection drug users, pregnant substance users, injection drug users, overdose survivors, and veterans.

Eagleville Hospital’s treatment program uses 12-step programming along with evidence-based practices such as motivational interviewing (MI), Thinking For a Change, interactive journaling, trauma informed care, transtheoretical model of change, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Throughout treatment, clients participate in individual and group therapy, personal development activities, educational seminars, G.E.D. test preparation classes, and 12-step meetings. Eagleville also offers medication assisted treatment (MAT) and dual diagnosis treatment for clients who need it. Detoxification treatment lasts five days on average and is usually followed by residential treatment.

The facility offers unique treatments and therapy including yoga, meditation, art therapy, recreational therapy, music group, and the opportunity to tend plants in the Eagleville greenhouse. Although the facility does not have a formal aftercare program, clients who have successfully completed treatment are invited to join the facility’s alumni association, Friends of Eagleville.

The treatment team at Eagleville Hospital includes psychiatrists, medical doctors, advanced practice professionals, psychologists, nurses, master's level clinicians, social workers, and case managers. The facility also employs individuals who are in recovery themselves, and trains them as recovery specialists.

Eagleville Hospital offers 305 beds for male and female adults. Clients at this facility are not allowed the use of cell phones or other electronics. Although the facility does not provide further information on its living arrangements, 16 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com gave Eagleville average ratings of 4.4 out of five stars for cleanliness.

At the time of this writing there have been 16 alumni polled by Rehabs.com. The reviews were mostly positive, and 12 of the 16 reviewers said they would recommend Eagleville Hospital to friends or family members seeking treatment. The anonymous clients gave the facility an average of 4.4 out of five stars for cleanliness and for family participation, 4.3 stars for the staff's level of training and experience, and 3.8 stars for counseling options. Many alumni praised the treatment program. One alum wrote: “Eagleville was a rock for me at a disturbing time of my life. I continue to this day to use tools that I learned there."

When asked about weaknesses of the facility, numerous alumni mentioned that, while the program was effective, it wasn't well structured, resulting in clients having an overabundance of free time. Additionally, ire was directed the lack of an aftercare program.

At the time of this writing there have been 12 friends and family members of clients polled by Rehabs.com. Overall they gave the facility mixed ratings, with six of the 12 reviewers saying they would recommend Eagleville Hospital to others. The anonymous loved ones gave the facility an average of 3.9 out of five stars for staff experience, 3.6 stars for family participation, 3.4 stars for cleanliness, and 3.2 stars for counseling options. One reviewer added, “I'd say all in all its a good treatment center. Really helped my loved one but wish he would have stayed longer.”

When asked to comment on facility weaknesses, reviewers complained about dirty living conditions and felt there were too many clients per bedroom. Some loved ones found the facility to be expensive, particularly when considering the short treatment time offered.

The one staff member polled by Rehabs.com at time of writing gave the facility a generally positive review. The anonymous staff member gave the facility four out of five stars for cleanliness, three stars for affordability, and two stars for exercise options. Echoing the reviews of alumni and loved ones, the staffer felt that, although the staff was qualified and the program effective, the clients did not stay long enough. The staff member wrote, “I worked as a Certified Peer Specialist with people who have substance abuse and mental illness. Overall, I would rate this facility a B-.”

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its costs. However, Eagleville Hospital states that it accepts “most major insurance plans” including Pennsylvania Medical Assistance and Medicare. Financial assistance is available to clients who do not have insurance, are underinsured, or who would experience hardship in paying the full cost of treatment.

Published on December 2017

I worked there as a student nurse. The care was good.

I was unsatisfied with the care as I was being treated for alcohol abuse/alcoholism, during my entire stay I never attended an AA meeting. All meetings in the area where I was were Narcotics Anonymous. Thank god I found AA upon discharge.

they are very good n care for each person too, it was the best treatment of which got me clean n now im clean for years

Knew a fried who was there, entered rehab for fear of being arrested.

Separates male females, Good meetings, Has things to keep busy. Food stinks.Too many people in a room. Don't check enough to see people breaking rules

Caring staff, not enough beds. Seems to be one of the better run facilities

Good program

dual diagnosis and handling different types of problems other than drugs and alcohol, excellent facility they really helped me out

Treatment in addiction was good but no WiFi useage. This is my #1 choice

Effective but depression was an issue for me

Organized, respectful, understanding, clean and easy admittance but unorganized, no free time. Eagleville was a rock for me at a disturbing time of my life. I continue to this day to use tools that I learned there.

Location and ease of admission was a strength but they didn't address all issues.

The facility's strengths are they have great programs of all sorts for any patient. The facility's weaknesses are they sometimes do not give enough encouragement to the patient on not giving up. I'd say all in all its a good treatment center. Really helped my loved one but wish he would have stayed longer.

Eagleville hospital is a joke, its Horrible, I wouldn't send my dog there, patients that go there beware, go to white deer run, so think before going to eagleville. hospital

I went to eagleville last year for detox. Stayed 5 days felt like a lifetime. And left with a huge black and blue from them taking my blood. Staff treated me like I was an inmate in prison. It was hell. Save yourself a sign out and do NOT go there!!!!

One of my family members attended there and i visited him and the staff were horrible and rude, there were two nice nurses but everyone else were very rude. Not to mention the outside looks so nice but when you get inside it's dirty and disgusting. I would not recommend anyone to attend this place.

It was helpful in all ways. It was a good facility if you need it.

Do not go here, I relapsed after 9 months after I went to a faith based program. Instead of gonna back to that place I went to Florida. They keep you busy during the day but offer no aftercare program-- its one person on Craigslist looking for housing.

Overall, highly recommended to all seeking treatment. The counseling, cleanliness, safety and treatment programming were all excellent.

I believe this facility is awesome and has great counselors that are ex addicts/alcoholics which in my opinion are better equipped to help other addicts and/or alcoholics. The counseling and 12-step introduction was excellent.

I never stayed there a close family member did and she hated it there! She signed her self out and went back to the drugs! The N/A meetings and the fact that it was open to the public was a benefit.

The facility could use improvement.

I know how NOT to drink. Ask professionals for recommendations.

It is worthwhile.

I worked as a Certified Peer Specialist with people who have substance abuse and mental illness. Overall, I would rate this facility a B- . They have qualified doctors and staff. The patients have many freedoms that most facility do not allow. It's a recovery oriented facility. However, the patient stays are too short.

I've been in this industry for over ten years and have built three different types of facilities. This is by far the worst in terms of detox protocol especially for alcohol dependency or benzos... Guess what? Five years of heavy Benzo use gets you the same protocol as a user of five weeks.

The facility includes staff members who are themselves in recovery, which can be a vitally important aspect to a client’s treatment. Overall I would say that Eagleville is a well-balanced treatment center. I would certainly recommend Eagleville to someone with drug/alcohol issues.

Case managers ... were wonderful in my daughter's discharge planning. [Staff member] especially was very knowledgable and empathetic. I have seen other facilities with posh surroundings, but posh surroundings do not get the job done. In speaking with my daughter she states the therapy was excellent and she has learned some valuable tools. She is just beginning her journey and she has a good start.

Overall program was excellent. Staff was exceptionally competent and very empathetic. Medical treatment was superb. For an institution, food was very delicious, courteously served, nutritious and generously supplied. I have been sober for 739 days-- it worked for me.

I have been to seven rehab facilities and this was the best one.

This and many rehabs work if you stay long enough. We find this facility, like all rehabs, are expensive and don't treat addicts long enough. 90 days covered by insurance is the best way. It is big enough that you can get a bed.

I've been to 7 (rehabs) it was the best one.

I have been sober for 739 days...Overall program was excellent. Staff was exceptionally competent, very empathetic. Medical treatment was superb. For an institution, food was very tasty, courteously served, nutritious and generously supplied.

My sister is considered fully recovered by all family members

No 12 step mtg. Disgusting living conditions. 3 people to a room and personal belongings every where. Broken mirrors, dirt and mold everywhere. Not enough counseling or life solutions discussed. No after care. Women and men in the same unit and not enough supervision...They need to redo the entire facility for health and cleanliness. They need to form a treatment program to address the different addictions they treat. They need to keep women, men and juveniles separate. The need a better nutritional program (my friend gained 30 lbs in 3 weeks).

I would recommend to others because they rock!

Top notch

Worth the cost of stay....I'm still clean!