Endeavor House in Keyport, NJ

Nutritional Counseling
Self-care Counseling
Yoga Classes

ABOUT ENDEAVOR HOUSE SOUTH

Endeavor House provides substance abuse treatment for adults at three locations in New Jersey, two residential and one outpatient. This facility, close to the waterfront in downtown Keyport is the southern and smaller of the two residential facilities, at which partial hospitalization outpatient programming is also offered. Along with residential care, medical detox services and medication-assisted therapy are available. Endeavor prioritizes family involvement in recovery, a 12-step approach, and holistic therapies.

The more than 40-year-old Endeavor group is now part of Pinnacle Treatment Centers, which operates rehab programs in eight states, including seven in New Jersey. The larger Endeavor House, in Kearney, provides the same services as Keyport, as well as partnering with Delaware Valley Medical in Pennsauken for medication-assisted therapy.

According to the Endeavor House website, the length of treatment for residential treatment, following detox, is typically 20 days. A more intensive seven-day program is also available. Clients begin the admissions process with a phone call, and a medical exam is is conducted on-site during in-take.

Both medical and psychological services are included in Endeavor's residential programming. The facility's website describes a holistic program during which daily group therapy sessions, twice-weekly individual therapy, multi-family groups, and 12-step concepts and practices (including work with a local sponsor) complement art and music therapy sessions. meditation, and nutritional guidance. Some individualized plans also incorporate methadone, Suboxone, or Vivitrol treatment.

Aftercare at Endeavor House makes supportive client connections a priority, such as continued participation in Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous. Alumni activities range from sober social events to return visits at the residence.

Endeavor House employs doctors, nurses, social workers, and master's-level therapists. Bachelor's-level counselors with experience are also on staff, and some hold American Psychological Association certifications for addiction treatment, according to job descriptions on the facility's website.

Endeavor House South is set in an older, multi-story home with bay windows, shared bedrooms, meeting spaces, and recreation areas. The residence is just a block from the Keyport Waterfront Path. Smoking is allowed, but personal electronic are not.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received feedback from 13 former Endeavor House South clients. Six reviews were very positive, five were moderately critical, and one mixed. Alumni awarded an average of 3.5 out of five stars for the overall effectiveness of treatment and tended to agree that the facility was clean and well-maintained. However, of the six polled more extensively, most indicated dissatisfaction with holistic offerings, an aspect the facility's website emphasizes, but which garnered just two- and three-star ratings.

The program's environment received praise from three alumni, who noted its "cohesive and peaceful" and "beautiful" atmosphere. Two also highlighted the value of group processing. On the other hand, nearly one-third of reviewers cited a lack of personalized attention or treatment as weaknesses.

Two loved ones of alumni submitted highly favorable reviews to Rehabs.com regarding Endeavor House South. One chose mostly four-star ratings and the other mostly five-star for an array of metrics measured, including options in counseling approaches and the staff's level of training and experience. Cathy highlighted the staff's commitment to keeping family members involved and informed - one of the facility's stated priorities. D.C. also praised the staff as warm and caring and reported that Endeavor helped their child after other attempts at rehab failed.

More than two dozen accepted insurance plans are listed on the Endeavor House website. A financial coordinator is available to help clients arrange for coverage or private pay.

Published on December 2017

Brenda

Need more help for the family. Strengths: Ability to get a client in. Weakness:Price...insurance did not cover a lot n no discounts given

DC

This was the only rehab that actually made a difference for my child. The staff are warm, caring and really wonderful

Cathy

The staff was involved with my sons treatment also kept us informed of his progress and wanted us to be part of his treatment offered us counseling

Nicole

Strengths: clean, yoga, safe. Weaknesses: counselors were not helpful, not enough CBT OR scientific treatment. I think the main issue was that I was not ready yet.There needed to be more empathetic focus on acceptance/surrender.

W S

Getting and helping me to to be drug free, and knowledge on drug dependence. To many adolescent kids with bad attitudes doing what they will Be ready and want it first. You have to want to get clean before you are ready for help

They are local but very impersonal. Plain ineffective

Good group discussions, Fail to get to know you on a personal level Treatment should be more personalized

They were accommodating, If you're a complex case... good luck. Didn't feel like I got any helpful counseling specific to my case

It kills time, Highly ineffective/impersonal.

Joshua

The amazing people that have touched my life are now part of the fabric of my recovery. Recovery permeates the beautiful surroundings and emanates from the sober staff. I came here hoping and I left here with hope.

Donald B.

Endeavor House saved my life and gave me reason to hope for a brighter future. Beautiful, spiritual surroundings and excellent staff, and all the tools I need for long term sobriety were found here.

Derek A.

I will never forget the experience I had at Endeavor House. My life has been forever changed. Thank you for giving me a second chance at life. It's the greatest gift I will ever receive.

Danielle D.

Detox saved my body. Endeavor House gave me back my life. I came to Endeavor House with nothing but my life, but I am leaving with dreams.

Amy

I was hesitant to come to rehab. This past 30 days has turned my life around 100%. I could not have done it without Endeavor House, the staff, and fellow residents.

Michael

I was admitted for 30 days at Endeavor House. I’ve been clean and sober for over seven months since then. The experience at Endeavor House was a new chapter in my life. I discovered so much about myself and about other people’s lives during my stay. Hearing everyone’s stories and processing together in groups is so powerful. I always thought that I had it so bad and no one suffered as much as I did. I quickly realized how ignorant I was. We all shared the same thing, we were powerless over alcohol and all mind altering substances. The staff and counselors were AMAZING. They work hard at keeping a cohesive and peaceful environment.