English Mountain Recovery in Sevierville, TN

English Mountain Recovery Philosophy

Holistic Therapy, Residential Treatment

Specialty Programs

ABOUT ENGLISH MOUNTAIN RECOVERY

Spanning 27 acres in Tennessee's beautiful Smoky Mountains, English Mountain Recovery is a 36-bed residential substance abuse treatment center for men and women over the age of 18. A detox unit is on-site.

The rehab's recommended treatment program is 90 days in length. While shorter stays of 30, 45, and 60 days can be accommodated, the facility encourages longer-term care to achieve the best results. Treatment plans are gender-specific and include individual and group therapy, creative arts therapyequine-assisted therapy, experiential therapy, and music therapy with spiritual guidance.

The program is based on the 12-Steps, and clients work both on campus and off at Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and/or Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings. A family program is offered to help loved ones improve communication, avoid unhealthy patterns, and heal emotional scars.

The treatment team consists of a medical director, clinical director, family program coordinator, trauma therapist/equine specialist, licensed counselors, registered and licensed nurses, and music/spirituality counselor.

The facility's board president won the National Association of Addiction Treatment Provider’s Nelson J. Bradley Lifetime Achievement Award for work at the center in blending "social, spiritual, and research based" principles into recovery."[1]

Surrounded by lakes, the facility offers ample opportunities for recreational activities, such as whitewater rafting and hiking. There also is a swimming pool, mini golf course, and meditation labyrinth on campus. Clients live in condominium units with sitting areas and porches.

Most of the alumni of English Mountain Recovery raved about the rehab, giving it the top five stars for treatment effectiveness when surveyed by Rehabs.com. The center’s accommodations, meals, and holistic offerings also received high ratings. Dan told Rehabs.com: “I honestly believe English Mountain stives to be what it is a safe place to heal and learn how to live a drug free life.” Kerri, who gave five stars to the major survey categories, shared with Rehabs.com: "I had been to previous treatment facilities prior and found the most help from this rehab. It forever changed my life and I honestly can't speak higher about the facility."

Alumni also commented on the beauty of the facility and the attentiveness of its staff. L.K. told Rehabs.com: “The employees really care for you and the food is awesome!.” Susan added: “They do an excellent job at teaching you the tools you need to live a sober life. There are excellent counselors there... Extremely affordable.”

Yet some alumni felt the facility had room to improve on cost, structured holistic offerings, and treatment of co-occurring conditions. “Not enough awareness of co-occurring emotional and mental conditions,” W.R. told Rehabs.com. “Tai chi and acupuncture were offered but kind of haphazardly presented.”

Family members also seemed pleased with the treatment their loved ones received. Peter told Rehabs.com: “I feel that the program at EM was the one that helped our daughter in her recovery. She relapsed, almost died, but clung to the spiritual teachings of EM. She is now 16 months clean!” An anonymous family member added: “Our son liked the staff and program very much and they obviously helped him find recovery. He is still doing very well."

Michele praised the center for working with her daughter and loved ones. She told Rehabs.com: "Not only did they help (her) they helped the entire family in many ways."

According to the facility’s website, it accepts medical insurance, but notes that benefits and policies vary.

Updated March 2017

Published on April 2017

Commitment of staff and counselors to instilling the tools needed for continued sobriety. The beauty of the natural settings. The fellowship of the fellow clients. Not enough awareness of co-occuring emotional and mental conditions. Meals provided could be higher quality. More structured holistic options...tai chi and acupuncture were offered but kind of haphazardly presented. Male and female clientsv do not interact. The facility and staff are LGBT accepting and supportive. Everything the staff does is to help the client remain focused on their sobriety and healing.

I am extremely grateful for English Mountain Recovery! I had been to previous treatment facilities prior and found the most help from this rehab. It forever changed my life and I honestly can't speak higher about this faculty.

They had family weekend

Individual support systems and follow up treatment. Although they are separated, the male and female facilities are too closely related. Many problems occurred by clients breaking the rules. I think they honestly care about the individual client and their future for sober living.

if I could give them 0 stars I would. I have never felt so unloved and disrespected in my entire life. They treat their patients like inmates. This place is fraud. They lie on their website. They tell you that there are gym times, tai chi, yoga, meditation, accupunture... NONE OF THIS HAPPENS. You wake up, go to class after class after class, and then after 12 hours of infuriatingly useless classes you back back to bed. The environment is negative, depressing, and unlivable.

The staff is wonderful, they just need more meetings.

They do an excellent job at teaching the you the tools you need to live a sober life. There are excellent counselors there. They provide the structure that us addictive need. Extremely affordable. It is an absolutely beautiful and peaceful place to go. It is a 90 day program which is much more helpful than a lesser amount of time would have been. The employees there care about the addicts and are very helpful. The only weakness that I've seen is that they have a poor follow-up plan for the people that graduate from there. I am so thankful and blessed to have been able to go to English Mountain Recovery. Everyone was wonderful in some form or fashion in my own personal recovery. The structure that is provided there is definitely something that is needed for an addict. They help people understand about spiritual awakenings and how important that is along with the 12 step program. All the tools you need and counseling is right there. I would highly recommend English Mountain Recovery to anyone that wants help in learning to live a sober life. I celebrated a year of sobriety on 3/19/2015 and I'm extremely grateful for all I learned there and for all the therapy I received.

The employees really care for you and the food is awesome! Place is like a resort and very into your recovery. Could be better at dealing with people with co occurring problems. I had the best experience in my life here! I learned how to love myself here and I will be forever grateful for this rehab

There was a lack of appropriate medical support.

I was a patient at English Mountain Recovery and I have been to three different rehabilitation 12 step processes through my struggle to sobriety. EMR was by far the least effective. It was poorly run by the staff and the class were repetitive. The housing and food were the only part I can't talk negatively about quite frankly. I would highly advise against going to, or sending a loved one to EMR. It is a waste of your time and money and in all honestly I can't believe they are still open and accepting patients. Take it or leave it. But this is my opinion.

EMR was a life changing experience for my daughter and my family. Not only did they help (her) they helped the entire family in many ways. I am sending this on my daughters 6 month anniversary, the longest she has been clean in 3 years. I can never thank the staff enough for everything they taught her and how they have changed her life. They also had a after care program for her and it has worked out great. I would recommend this place to anyone that has a family member who needs help. They saved my daughters life.

English Mointain is a clean safe place to rehab everyone there cares about your recovery. If you really want it you will find it there. I honestly believe English Mountain stives to be what it is a safe place to heal and learn how to live a drug free life

E.M.R. was a life changing experience for me. I was completely defeated when entering the program. Being in a community of other women and having time to focus on my issues helped me build a foundation of good recovery and helped me find out who I am without any substances. The people who work there truly care and loved me when I didn't love myself. They helped me to start to rebuild my life and I learn to respect myself and others again. If one is motivated to get better, it is the best place to go in the south east.

Had very positive results. Our son liked the staff and program very much and they obviously helped him find recovery. He is still doing very well.

We have experienced several different facilities. I feel that the program at EM was the one that helped our daughter in her recovery. She relapsed, almost died, but clung to the spiritual teachings of EM. She is now 16 months clean! She relapsed after EM, but has said the lessons there motivate her in her recovery

Silver Ridge