Fairview Recovery Services in Minneapolis, MN

Call () - to Contact Fairview Recovery Services

2450 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis MN 55454

Fairview Recovery Services Philosophy

Fairview Recovery Services offers inpatient and outpatient treatment options to help you recover from chemical addiction and live a fuller life. Depending on your situation, you’ll receive screening assessments, medically supervised detoxification, inpatient and outpatient evaluation and referral, combined inpatient to outpatient treatment sequences, family counseling and aftercare. Your individualized program will be designed to meet all of your needs—physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Individual Counseling

Group Therapy

Educational Workshops

ABOUT FAIRVIEW COUNSELING CENTERS

Fairview Counseling Centers are a part of Fairview Health Services, a nonprofit healthcare system in Minneapolis. The facility located on Riverside Avenue, set near West River Parkway and the Mississippi River, provides outpatient treatment services for mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety, stress-related conditions, marriage and family problems, and workplace issues. Counseling is also available for gambling addiction at other Fairview locations.

Upon admission, all patients receive a comprehensive screening to help determine the best course of treatment. According to the facility’s website, Fairview Counseling Centers provide “short-term, solution-centered therapy designed to define and resolve your problems.” While few details are available regarding counseling specifics and modalities, reviews gathered by Rehabs.com indicate that services address substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, and utilize some 12-step methodology.

According to the Fairview Counseling Centers’ website, the treatment team includes a psychologist, licensed alcohol and drug counselors, chemical dependency evaluation counselors, clinic therapists, licensed independent clinical social workers, and a national certified gambling counselor. The eight friends and family who evaluated the staff’s level and training and experience gave it an average rating of 3.75 out of five stars.

Of the 10 former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, seven gave Fairview Counseling Centers positive reviews, while three gave the facility negative feedback. Satisfied alumni praised the program for its caring staff and its varied counseling services. “This program is good,” N.R. wrote in a review representative of positive feedback. “It helps focus on different aspects that each individual needs to work on such as depression, anxiety, grief, etc.”

Unhappy alumni complained about uneducated staff and misleading program information. The four former clients who evaluated the following six metrics gave the facility below-average ratings of 2.5 out of five stars for its family participation, two stars for its counseling services, and 1.75 stars for its connectivity policy, its exercise and leisure activities, and its holistic offerings.

Fairview Counseling Centers fared better with the eight loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, all of whom gave the facility mostly positive feedback and awarded the Center high average ratings of 4.38 out of five stars for its family participation and its cleanliness. The seven friends and family who evaluated the following three metrics gave the facility 4.14 stars for its connectivity policy, four stars for its counseling services, and 3.75 stars for its staff’s level of training and experience. “It was a close family member that attended and she received good therapy as well as counseling,” wrote one loved one in a representative review. The one complaint was a lack of follow-up care.

While there is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs, the four loved ones who evaluated the Center’s affordability at the time of this writing gave it an average rating of 2.25 out of five stars, while the seven loved ones polled to date gave an average rating of four stars for its affordability.

Updated April 2017

Published on June 2017

I'm only speaking for fairview DETOX - they care! They try very hard to help you continue an after treatment program. Some of the nurses make your detox stay easier to deal with. There is not much programing during this phase but let's get real, everyone coming in is stoned, high, drunked, or half asleep. We are there to detox. The nurses, docs, social workers and case managers work diligently to help you find a solution for your miserable addiction. They don't judge - in fact, many of the staff are former addicts. So they understand. I wish they had better beds with nice plush pillows. The food is pretty good (surprisingly). Dudes, if you need a safe relaxing place to detox, I recommend them! Chicago ave detox is sooo scaring! Don't go there!

This place is awful. Move out of the state to get away from them. Someone will sue them and effentually take them down.

It was a good treatment.

Taking an in depth look at why your drink or use. Delve into the past. Assisted wirh meds. Counseling was cool too. 3 weeks later one of my counselors was fired. Wish that i had felt more supported by them. Met a friend there and after 2+ years we are still friends. What are the chances? And thst we're both still sober:) Definitely worth it. They care and want you to be well. Only thing I'd maybe say us to incorporate some ideas as to how to stay clean on the outside. Aa, sbstinence and church, harm reduction, educate!!

Calm, supportive, clean, Many court appointed people who are not intrested in recovery They had a profound impact on my family member,

They helped out.

Do not send your child here. I was just discharged today only because I lied my way out. I was so ready for help and to start to get my life on the right track, so I was voluntarily admitted to a hospital and put on a 72 hour hold. I never received an explanation of the program. I wasn't even told I was at a dual diagnosis center. I was totally ignored and received no support my first 2 days here. I only began working on discharge material after I learned on my own how the program worked and demanded all of my work. The "psychiatrist" didn't feel a suicidal patient needed any psych testing, but the girl who punched a paper towel dispenser did. I demanded to know when my 72 hour hold was up, and found out it was cancelled altogether. I decided along with my dad that the best thing for me was to leave because it was an incredible waste of time and wasn't receiving help, support, or even an assessment even though I heard the phrase "we are not a treatment center, we are an assessment center" countless times. The only assessment I received after being frustrated with the "psychiatrist"'s neglect for 2 days was "you're a very angry person." I decided to sign myself out because I am 18. The "psychiatrist", based on a premature assumption, decided to throw me back on a 72 hour hold due to one statement in a 2 minute conversation I had with him. The more honest you are with the staff, the less they do for you, and the longer you stay at "not a treatment center". None of my needs were met. The "psychiatrist" claims he is good at his job simply due to his 35 years of experience. His main goal is to save his job rather than the lives of the patients. There are rules, but they are not enforced the same by every staff. If the inconsistencies are called out, they make every attempt to create an excuse for their mistakes. The staff are also inconsistent and have bad attitudes. Some were great and were very supportive and helpful and agree this "program" is a dead end. Although, this place is a perfect fit for people incapable of searching "treatment center for ...." in google or if you're a pathetic excuse of a parent and just want a place to lock up your kid. They do not encourage honesty. In fact, you aren't allowed to talk about pretty much anything there. Everything is considered inappropriate and triggering. You go in in a vulnerable state needing treatment, and are basically trapped in that state of mind until you're able to manipulate yourself out. They lied about the circumstances and the events that occurred to my father, they eavesdropped on all conversations, and generalize every situation that walks in to that place. The only way I was able to talk to the "psychiatrist" was with a mediator so he could not manipulate my words to fit what would be best for his job. The only take-away I got from there is to be grateful I am not forever stuck there.

I don't really see any strengths in that place anymore. This place is conforming so bad. They are uneducated, don't know anything about science anymore, and don't even do any work anymore, they just let the machines do it. I had cbt treatment for my ocd there 4 years ago and that was the only highlight I can think of before the place turned bad.

I was displeased with the facility.

Good therapists and nursing staff, good family participation when appropriate, and great follow up program. I think the combination of group and private treatment was a good fit, there was ample security to make sure the patient does not have access to substance, but still not made to feel like they are in lock up. They are treated with respect.

It is affiliated with a major hospital in the Minneapolis area, which is nice. However, there are not enough staff for the number of beds. The treatment was for my daughter struggling with cocaine and heroin addiction, there was great service while there, but the aftercare was lacking a little, she went back to using.

They have great groups but poor follow ups. I just think that once patients are released back out into the world, there should be more of a followup from the people at the rehab.

They had great group interaction. I guess the program is good; it didn't work well for my loved one as he didn't follow through-no fault of program.

It was a close family member that attended and she received good therapy as well as counseling. They were thorough and supportive.

I relapsed after 3 months, but it was worth the cost because there is a good staff, good food and good class activities.

It is very good with helping to recover and the aftercare is excellent.

Too many people in there because they have to be not because they want/need help. Not helpful with eating disorders. Saved my life!

Good inpatient program option, doctors are good, nurses and techs are friendly.

This program is good. It helps focus on different aspects that each individual needs to work on such as depression, anxiety, grief, etc. After treatment, there is 8-10 weeks of weekly meetings in after care. Then there is Phase III which is meeting in a group setting for check in and to discuss your week, what is working and what isn't. This is led by a volunteer person who leads these group meetings. It helps with communication and accountability. This is not a ... type of place with the amenities such as pools and walking paths. It is a good place that provides the tools that each person needs to focus on to stay sober.

St. Gregory Retreat Centers