Faith Home Inc - Greenwood Men's Facility

144 Faith Home Road, Greenwood, South Carolina, 29649

3.9

About Faith Home Inc - Greenwood Men's Facility

Faith Home is a Christian rehabilitation center for alcoholics and drug addicts. It is based on the fundamental belief that the solutions to problems caused by drugs and alcohol can be found through faith in God. The program is simple, yet it is the answer with the majority of cases. A man or woman is provided with a separated life for eight weeks, close to nature, and away from unsettling influences. By studying and working with others like themselves, they can begin to understand the basic truths of life and why they have faltered along the way.

12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• Choir

Excellent place
  • D
    Saves my life!
  • K snell
    I visited my son today at faith home for the first time, he seemed happier and centered,than I've seen him in a long time. The atmosphere was very serene, and kind. Breathtaking surroundings. He feels like this place is the real deal! That's what counts!! He's loving it!! God thank you for showing the way.
    Staff is not qualified to deal with situations. Very dissatisfied with treatment. Choose somewhere else. I can't handle ignorance!
  • CM
    great place. the people are amazing, serious about recovery and very friendly. anyone trying to get their life right will benefit from this program. it saved my life. i recommend it to everyone.
  • SW
    My experience at Faith Home has changed my entire way of life.During my eight weeks I grew as a man and now being back into sociaty I can now live without guilt,denial,or negativity.
    Participants are given duties that they are capable of performing, they have faith based counseling and are taught useful skills that they can use to seek employment when they leave the facility. Group Homes are available on a temporary bases with counseling. They could use more efficient buildings. I could visit, I know the program works, the return rate is much lower than normal and I would recommend this facility. If you do not have the money to pay they will work with you to get you into the program.
  • PB
    Great place for true recovery. FREE to all and is a place where you can learn to live a better way of life.
  • Jeremy
    Faith Home-Greenwood is hallowed ground. I wound up there broken and done with life 25 months ago today. For ten years I had wanted to die and had attempted suicide twice in that time. The only things that eased the pain( albeit temporarily) were alcohol and drugs....and those had ceased to work. I was driven there from Southeast Texas by my father, who knew of Faith Home because an employee of his had gone there. I was introduced to AA, given a job, and over the course of the next 2 months, a host of spiritual tools that have allowed me to lead a reasonably happy life free of the alcohol and drugs I relied on for so long. Sure, there were a few guys there who weren\'t looking to recover. Nobody forced me to hang with them though. The vast majority of guys(80+%, I\'d say.) wanted the same thing I did. I haven\'t had to put a drink or drug in since November 8, 2013; the day I got to Faith Home. For that I will be forever grateful to God, Faith Home, on staff member in particular, and all the great friends I met over the two months that turned out to be the start of my life.
  • JS
    I do not think the men and women should be around each other because it\'s temptation for all. We are here to get better and I feel like with the women being around the men is NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!
    It is a faith based facility that allows patients the opportunity to learn and stay on track with the program. Patients are required to work and are encouraged and praised for their efforts. However, it is dependant on donations from the community. I found the faculty were sympathetic and encouraging toward the patients. The strength of the organization rest on this.
    No trained staff! Faith based! They force religion! Work you to much! They take your food stamps, after they make you apply for them!!
    Strengths: counseling services. Weaknesses: some people are admitted that should not be and are not there to get true help. My friend attended this program and recovered from an addiction and is now doing very well.
    Helping people to learn faith. My husband went their and he loved it.
  • Travis
    It offers a open attmishpere you work around the facility with a wide varitey of jobs offered it is funded through donations from public and it also runs several thrift stores where it takes in donation items and resale back to public through three thrift stores freedom and openness all around wounderfull experince and if you follow what is practiced here then you can and will remain sober but its up to the individual over all
  • MC
    An overall great facility.
  • CMB
    They helped put God active in my life! Taught me how to forgive, let go of the things that kept me relapsing, gave me the tools to stay clean! been 5 years sense I got clean! plan on staying that way! 38 years was enough! love my life! They asked was for us to get food stamps! they used them to feed us! we worked at the rehab!