Farnum Center

140 Queen City Avenue, Manchester, New Hampshire, 03103

4.5

About Farnum Center

Located about 50 miles north of Boston in New Hampshire’s Downtown Manchester area, Farnum Center offers an array of drug and alcohol treatment services including outpatient, intensive outpatient, and medical detoxification (including Suboxone treatment). The facility’s goal is to give clients the tools they’ll need for a sustainable recovery through lectures, meetings, group discussions, uplifting seminars, and specialized presentations. Farnum Center also relies heavily on experiential therapies like exercise, music, and meditation.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Intensive Outpatient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Health Realization
  • Meditation
  • Outdoor Pool
Cheryl Wilkie

Cheryl Wilkie

Senior Vice President

Dr. Cheryl Wilkie, Psy.D., MLADC has been providing substance abuse services for men and women struggling with the disease of addiction for more than twenty-one years. Her educational background includes a Master’s in Psychology and a Doctorate in Forensic Psychology. She holds a Master’s level license as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor. Cheryl oversees Webster Place and Farnum Center. She has extensive background in this field which includes working with various populations including adult offenders in correctional facilities, pregnant and postpartum women, men and women with co-occurring disorders, and sexual and domestic abuse victims.

Show Bio
Roland Lavallee

Roland Lavallee

Medical Director

Roland Lavallee MD has been providing medical care for over 30 years. His training includes the addiction treatment unit at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair, NJ and his background includes Public Health Service, Family Practice, Pain Management and Medical Director for Methadone Maintenance Clinics. He has long been concerned about the myths associated with the addictive diseases and their treatment and the significant ongoing reduction in healthcare resources allotted to this. He began providing medical coverage for the Farnum Center in August 2012 and in February 2013 he welcomed the opportunity to become Medical Director of Farnum Center and Webster Place. “The longest road to recovery is the one that is never started."

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing Available

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT FARNUM CENTER

Located in Manchester, N.H., 50 miles north of Boston, Easter’s Seals’ Farnum Center provides gender-specific, residential treatment for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders. Utilizing its signature Health Realization treatment model, the facility offers a range of recovery services, from inpatient care to transitional living. In addition, the Farnum Center operates the only stand-alone medical detoxification facility in the state.

Upon admission, clients undergo an initial assessment to determine an appropriate level of care. Requiring a commitment of up to 30 days, the gender-specific residential program utilizes the facility’s Health Realization approach, which is designed to help clients discover personal strengths and coping skills to overcome personal challenges.

During residential treatment, clients adhere to a structured schedule of educational lectures, seminars, and presentations. Clients also participate in gender-specific group counseling sessions, which may address issues common among men and women struggling with chemical dependency. Clients also attend on-site 12-step meetings. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT), namely Suboxone, may be utilized to alleviate the discomfort of opioid withdrawal. According to a 2016 SAMHSA Survey, the facility was among 48 percent of the state's facilities to utilize Suboxone.

In addition to core programming, Farnum Center incorporates a range of recreational and alternative therapies into programming. During residential treatment, clients can exercise and practice yoga, as well as participate in music therapy, acupuncture, and guided meditation. The center also regularly facilitates group outings, which may include trips to the museum, sports events, and recovery events.

Once a resident completes the residential program, clinicians may encourage clients to “step-down” to less intensive levels of care. Featuring similar programming as residential treatment, the PHP track runs five days a week for four hours each day and includes family education and counseling.

The center also offers two levels of outpatient treatment. Intensive outpatient program (IOP) last for one month and involves nine hours of weekly programming (three sessions). IOP primarily consists of individual counseling, case management, and group therapy sessions. Traditional outpatient programs focus on achieving specific goals, such as such as license restoration or court-ordered evaluations.

Each week, the center invites families to participate in educational programs to involve loved ones in the process of recovery. An aftercare program is also available to all program alumni. In addition, clients recovering from opioid dependency may be able to continue MAT through the facility’s Suboxone clinic.

Led by a medical doctor with more than 30 years of medical experience, the staff consists of nurses and licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselors.

Set on three acres, the Farnum Center is comprised of a 24-hour detoxification facility and an inpatient center. The center features an on-site swimming pool, a fitness room, basketball and volleyball courts.

Among the dozens of alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, a majority approved of the facility, and many credited the facility with saving their lives. A representative segment of eight to nine alumni offered more granular opinions of the facility, generally praising the facility's cleanliness, the level of family participation, and the staff's level of experience and training.

Family Participation: 4.6/5
Facility's Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.4/5
Staff's Level of Experience and Training: 4/5

However, these alumni were less enthusiastic regarding the facility's counseling options.

Counseling options: 2.9/5

Many alumni also cited the facility’s Health Realization approach as a major strength. “I have found great value in learning the three principles,” alum J.G. wrote. Despite mostly positive feedback, some alumni felt the price of the facility did not reflect the quality of treatment they received.

In addition, 38 reviewers on the facility's Facebook page (which may be curated) rated the facility an average 4.8 out of five stars.[1] On Google, 56 reviewers rated it an average 3.5 out of five stars.[2] Feedback mostly echoed that of Rehabs.com reviewers.

However, on CiteHealth, 26 reviewers rated the facility only 2.4 out of five stars.[3] The facility received mixed feedback on he quality of care and accommodations. One anonymous alum wrote: "The staff is extremely rude and do nothing to help patients with recovery."

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided less enthusiastic opinions of the facility than alumni. Although loved one M.M. gave a five-star rating for the treatment staff’s level of experience and training, they gave one-star ratings for the facility’s ability to treat co-occurring mental health disorders, the level of family participation, and the facility’s affordability.

While parent G.S. felt the detoxification process was beneficial, the parent reported issues with administration and paperwork. “My son attended the detox program and did well,” G.S. wrote, but felt disappointed regarding the facility’s discharge planning.

The sole employee polled by Rehabs.com to date had mixed opinions concerning the facility. The employee gave a moderately critical rating of three stars for the facility’s quality of care. “I enjoyed working with the clients, some of my co-workers,” the employee wrote, but added: “The working environment was toxic without healthy leadership.”

On Indeed, three employees rated the facility one, four, and five stars.[4] One complained of poor treatment given by staff, but the other two praised its atmosphere.

Farnum Center accepts most private insurance plans. The facility’s website states: “The cost to you, if any, will not exceed $240 to $600 per day, depending upon your insurance and the program.” Limited scholarships are available. The individuals polled on the matter offered moderate opinions concerning the facility's cost.

Affordability: 3.3/5

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/ESTreatment/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[3] http://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/new-hampshire/cities/manchester/farnum-center
[4] https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Farnum-Center/reviews

Accreditations & Licenses
  • CARF
  • NAATP
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.6/5

• TMD
    The training for new nurses is sub-par, minimal education on the “philosophy” of the treatment, no computer training, no training manual to reference, no orientation checklist to follow making sure that all components of training are completed. I shadowed another RN who had her own full patient caseload to take care of. No time to sit down and review things. 1.5 weeks of training and then you are put on the schedule. That is unsafe practice. Nursing is not encouraged to personally interact with the patients -just do the task assigned quickly, don’t bother to actually “talk” with the client. I was told to tell the patients “talk to your counselor’ if they came to talk to me. Nurse management is horrible- she is new to the facility, was hired to facilitate change, but she criticizes and reprimands staff in front of others, talks in a rude and condescending manner and is a bully. Staff doesn’t stand up for themselves due to fear of losing their job or getting on her bad side. One nurse said that once she saw the new manager belittling and bullying others, she decided to just keep her mouth shut, as this would lessen the attention on her. Many of the nurses told me to do the same, just keep quiet and do your job. One evening the Manager was reprimanding an aide in the nurses office while we were giving report to the oncoming staff. The aide was so embarrassed, her face was red and she was on the verge of tears. All of us in the room, and there were 6-7 of us, just remained quiet. I was new, I didn’t know what to do, but after the incident I approached the girl and apologized to her for not opening my mouth. I felt horrible. As a nurse and a leader, I should have spoken up and told the Manager that type of behavior is not appropriate. I did report all of this to HR when I left, in hope of a change. Nurses and aides don’t get to take a full lunch. They eat in the nurses office and if a patient requires something then they must stop their break and attend to the patient. The Manager is aware and encouraged me to do the same, stating if I was a true team player that I would do the same. There has been a lot of staff turnover at Farnum. They hire inexperienced, brand new nurses without any experience in mental health or SUD. What I found most alarming is the day nurses don’t seem to really care about the patients. They tend to under-medicate the clients, treating them as “drug seeking”. During my training, I was told by a day nurse to change my patient assessment so that it reflected a lowered score. As a result, the lower score would not allow the patient to receive withdrawal medication. She didn’t “feel” that the patient looked “sick enough”. As nurses, we don’t get to decide who deserves medication based on our feelings. That is unethical. I refused to change the score, I medicated that patient. The day nurse then reported me to Management as “not understanding the training and not doing the assessments correctly” All because I wouldn’t do what she wanted. The nurses complain and talk negatively about the patients to each other. They don’t understand or they don’t care that these people are sick and trying to get better. In my opinion, I wouldn’t send my loved one to Farnum and I would hire a new Manager- one that respects and encourages the staff, fosters positivity and increases staff morale.
  • Adam
    The people hear are so amazing, the food (the chef will definitely fatten you up with the most delicious meals ever), the house (2 homes, Ray and Webster, I went to Ray, Webster holds 42 men while Ray has 12 men and 7 women) is so comfortable and inviting. I absolutely never wanted to leave! I loved the walks by the river, the talks with the staff and that the 1st thing they told me was that I was not broken. I had everything I needed to feel better already inside, they just showed me how to access it. I love you Ray House...
    Farnum is a pathetic excuse for a treatment facility. The majority of the clinicians are simply individuals with a bachelors degree OR have been in recovery. What happened to receiving legitimate, evidenced-based practice by licensed providers? Not only is this ethically concerning, but unfair to the clients who believe that they are receiving the best treatment possible. Staff is fueled off of nepotism and favoritism. If you say one thing wrong, then you’re immediately blacklisted and terminated. Don’t let the big business aspect of this facility make you believe that it’s legitimate. Find a facility that understands how to treat dual diagnoses effectively and professionally.
  • Justin
    I am a client receiving 16mgs Suboxone daily. I have taken this mg for a couple months now. I submit a U.A. weekly. I have never had a problem up until a few weeks ago. For some unknown reason my tests have came back with false positives. Once they were sent to the lab for testing it showed they were indeed false positive. The doctor suggests it is the medication I am prescribed via my PCP. The past few weeks the levels of my Suboxone in my urine has dropped to just about nothing. For some reason my levels are extremely low. I have not changed a thing. I have been taking my suboxone every single morning 16mgs a day. However Everytime I false positive showed up I always had to submit another U.A. within that hour. For my second u.a. that day] i was told to drink water. I would drink a ton of water then I would finally be able to submit I u.a. since having to submit a second u.a. my levels for that u.a. has dropped. I am assuming it is due to all the water I am drinking. I'm not a doctor but my assumption in the amount of water I I drank effected my u.a. levels. However this is not a valid reason. I have told the staff that I have done nothing wrong and that I have always taken my Suboxone as prescribed never missing a day. However I am being told it is impossible that I am taking my suboxone due to the graph shown on the paper. Every week I come in more and more nervous thinking I am going to be discharged when I have done nothing wrong. I can't convince anyone that I have been taking my suboxone on a regular basis. I am being treated as a liar abd I can't convince anyone any different. I understand the graph shows the levels are low but I do not understand why. Next week could be the week I am discharged. It is very discouraging because when I had lost all hope as a drug addict I had Farnum center as my last option and now I'm being looked at as if I am a liar, and may be in jeopardy of being discharged from the only place who gave me hope and helped me to continue a sober life. I completed an IOP, I quit smoking week like they asked, I quit Kratom like they asked, I have done everything by the book and have done everything the have asked. Yet I can't convince these guys that something is terribly wrong with these results. I have set an appointment with my PCP to have blood test done for hep c and to see if the levels of Suboxone are any different with a blood test. What really is discouraging is how I'm being treated like a liar. What was once a friendly staff now became a staff full of accusation. I don't know what else to do. I'm losing hope in the farnum center the place where I came for help and my last resort. Even if this gets resolved I will still have that fear that something may happen again. This really changed my thoughts on recovery centers. When a recovery center is your last option, what else is left when it fails you? I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, because it is depressing to have to go through when your life is in the line being a drug addict.
    Staff need to stop being afraid and speak up!!
    It really helped.
  • DC
    It is a great program! I had a great experience and learned a lot about myself. All the staff were very helpful!
  • TRAVIS
    If this is your first time in treatment or your 10th this would be your best shot!
  • Josh
    For people that have been in programs this is the best one yet. The 3p's are way better. Would you rather do 12 steps or 3. Staff are awesome!
  • Eric
    The program itself not only gave me the ability to forgive myself but gave me the ability to realize that I was never broken to begin with. Therefore I can continue on a path without anything holding me back. The sky's the limit!
  • Tom
    I have been to multiple other treatment facilities but none like this. The Farnum center helps you change your way of thinking about the world and not just focusing on your drug use. The councilors and staff here are phenomenal and very caring the food was great and I highly recommend coming if you want to make a change in your life.
  • Jerry
    After coming to this program and learning about the three principles I wouldn't want to try any other program. This was a life changing for me and would highly recommend it to others in need of help!
  • Zoerium
    Learning to stay in the present and not projecting the future or living in future.
  • Matt
    Farnum center is cool, the staff are awesome and the food is good.
  • David
    I think the Curriculum is good and solely 3P based. There are 12 steps incorporated but Farnum does not make us write our wrongs. The staff do the best they can with what they have. Its up to you weather you have the patience or not- being short staffed.
  • Doug
    This is my fourth rehab and by far the very best I have ever experienced. Every staff member in the building are so friendly and you can tell they are here to help, even the Janitors. While it is hard to find something that can be done better the water pressure could be improved. LOL
  • NH
    I love the staff here and how big their hearts are. The staff are fantastic people! Because there is so many people here I think a lot of things go under the radar. My experience this time was a bit different. People should play closer attention and may snap and hurt someone.
  • Josh
    The staff are simply amazing here! I would like to see graduation with a male and female thing and not just broken up. We always get the guys outlook. This program has been life changing. It has got me to realize I am not broken, and I don't need to fixed.
  • Chris
    All staff are very helpful and conscious of individual needs. I think that they should allow MP players not that it needs internet. They should have an ATM here in the lobby. Also it would help everyone else out as they could wire money. It would simply stuff. AA big book based as it teaches them about AA and war stories,
  • Tyrell
    Overall the staff are not just a bunch of jerks with pieces of paper. They understand and have experienced it before to know what we are going through. What you could change here is getting out of the facility a lot more.
  • JG
    The staff are understanding and helpful. They accommodate to the best of the ability with keeping peers safe and comfortable. There is a positive energy. If there is a negative person that person is uplifted. Another phone would be helpful on the weekends would be good. Doing a community group or going out would be helpful. Whether it be the library or a local school, to get out would make it a better program. Getting out of the building. The mind is not tested if we are here. Being out once a week or so would be helpful.
  • Bryan
    The positive part is the whole community is fantastic. Groups are the way to go !! The staff are amazing! The 3p's are awesome!!! I am not a fan of AA. I would not change anything here. Farnum has great people who care.
  • Jessica
    Like how the staff have been in addiction and can relate. Some staff treat clients differently than other
  • Phillip
    positive- saving life's and making a difference in a lot of families. A little less TV time and more hands on activities. on the weekends.
  • KT
    client loved that she was able to find peace with herself. Her intake wisdom was awakened. The three principles can be repetitive..add a variety.
  • AA
    enjoyed the concept of the three principles, would like more interaction with other units in the facility.
  • Andrew
    Staff was very helpful! It was a good experience. There was nothing bad about the program. I hope I don't have to come back but I would choose to come here.
  • Chris
    I had a really good experience at Farnum. The staff was very helpful and caring in more ways than most facilities are. The fact that the focus was on positivity rather than focusing on the negative is a great concept. Overall Farnum is a one of a kind operation that offers a great approach to dealing with addiction and recovery.
  • JS
    Staff really care about clients! Some Staff have expectations on clients that they don't do them selves at the same time.
  • Michael
    I would not change anything! From Day 1 when the 3p's were described a light went off in my head. I have not had one thought of using since in residential. Great place! Staff are amazing!!! I feel safe and comfortable
  • Nick
    its not always fun being in this situation. This place has been better than any other place.
  • Chris
    Ive learned to leave the past in the past. I learned to live in the present. I would not change anything.
  • AA
    Excited to learn 3 principles! Would recommend more field trips
  • Chris
    The whole 3p concept is mind blowing. It is a totally different approach than the traditional one. It should be expanded and taught in more places. This is the only thing I would change. Farnum should reach out to more places to make them aware of this. The Farnum staff are amazing. Off the Charts awesome!! They care about the clients and go out of their way to help people. Aftercare is on top of their stuff!! As this is the most important part. Farnum is not lacking in this department. !
  • Anna
    Staff are very supportive! No matter what your life circumstances are. Especially in regards to aftercare. Nicole works with you right away!! I like the 3p's. During meal times there should be more vegetables.
  • Gillian
    I enjoyed the 3 p's. I like the alumni meetings and I love the staff! Better communication between the staff needs to be fixed overall. The meals are okay just all carbs. Come in with an open mind!!! Gain yourself a support system.
  • Jane
    Meals are okay- its food. I am not a carb eater. I would change the groups- they are repetitive to me. I feel I tell the story every time. I am about to experience a lot of changes in life.
  • Christopher
    I enjoy the 3 principals. The way the mind works and the though process. I wish there was more to do on the weekends.
  • MB
    The schedule is always changing. You never know what's happening. I never knew where I was supposed to do. I did enjoy the groups and the staff!
  • samantha
    I loved my stay at farnum and I will come back here if I had to but I wont need to. Everyone is great the staff and clients!
  • JB
    It has taken me some time but now I am starting to understand the vocabulary. If I could give you ANY advice go to residential.
  • Genna
    farnum is amazing!!
  • Joe H.
    My time here at the Farnum Center in Manchester,NH was an amazing experience. I have been to two other treatment centers before here and wish now that I could go back and have came here to begin with all the staff and therapists are top notch and show you a knew way to live, I can't wait to live this new life of mine!
  • Pat
    I went for an initial interview and was told I would have a bed in two to three weeks that was July 17. I called every week for 3 weeks and was told not to call anymore they would call me. It is now August 23rd and I have heard nothing from anyone from there. A yes or no would have been nice so I could search other obstacles. Basically I have come to the conclusion the center is a money making center and does not care about helping people. Shame shame on this agency
  • Mackenzie
    i would recommend the Farnum Center to anyone who is struggling with addiction. the staff are wonderful and i was able to gain knowledge here each day
  • brian edwards
    3 principles is the way. A method I could have used years ago that could have saved me a lot of pain
  • Jerome
    Come into Farnum with an open mind. Don't take everything personally. We are all here for the same reason or else you wouldn't be here. Its only 28 days, if you let things in here get to you what will you do when you get into the world.
  • AB
    I would say there is a very friendly staff community, you learn a whole new outlook on life, for the most part the stay has been amazing minus trying to get in touch with my Counselor.
  • ED
    For the most part the Farnum Center has been great. A decent stay!
  • GSA
    The Farnum Center is a great place. A lot of my friends should come here.
  • Amber A
    The Farnum Center is a gift of the present and future.
  • MAB
    Very flexible! You will have your good days and bad days its how you see it. One bad day only because I was sick. Its your perception. Great place!
  • Lloyd
    The Farnum Center is a nice recovery place. I would recommend anyone to come here. You sure will learn a lot about the three principles.
  • Michael J
    The tools are here to pick up, to lead a happy life in sobriety. You're responsible for your own recovery and its all of what you make of it.
  • jj
    My stay at the Farnum center was above average and i learned alot of tools here that will greatly influence my life.over all i had a positive experience here.
  • Cheyenne
    The Farnum center has already helped me so much so far, there way of teaching and applying different ways of looking at addiction to substances and addictive behaviors is different, community and individually focused, they use unique but easy techniques to cope with these situations and also apply any other assistance you need as much as they can, including groups on anger, depresstion and anxiety management, Aftercare plan ( they will set you up private meetings with a aftercare coordinator to find what fits best for you) Treatment plan goals and objectives, Codependency, Self Confidence, Relapse Prevention, Health Realization and more. You get your own counselor and the staff is always there for guidance. Very community focused we all help each other, the synergy here is remarkable.
  • Jonathan
    I loved the Farnum center. The staff and residents where awesome.
  • CL
    Everything that is in involved in my day has been extremely beneficial to me. The staff is so nice and helpful. The classes and the extras such as ted talk videos and AA/NA/HA meetings has added tremendously to my recovery. The philosophy of this program (The Three Principles) will absolutely help me continue with my sobriety.
  • Greg.W
    Farnum was and awesome place to be, I"ve learned alot in my stay, The volley ball court is a great way to enjoy your time here aswell, The staff here are respectful and caring, Good place to be...
  • Jason
    The Farnum Center in my opinion is teaching a philosophy, that all mankind should live there life by. We are taught what we call the three principles. My take on this it's the scientific approach to Buddhism. After years of having the 12 steps pushed down my throat and never really getting it,Farnum has giving me hope for a life of peace and free from suffering. And to close I know longer have this stigma of being a drug addict,because I'm free from the suffering from my past. Thank you to everybody who has help me get the the enlightenment I was seeking.
  • Loretta
    The 3 principles was the piece I was missing to recover.
  • Anndrea
    this is a program like no other. i have been to other rehabs before and this one by far takes the care. they go about our recovery in a different way. no 12 steps or religion. its definitely worth the 28 day stay. the staff is amazing and they truly want to help and most of them are in recovery also , so they can relate to our struggles.
  • Sonny E
    Farnum Center has literally saved my life. The staff here are just incredible. They are totally dedicated in helping us to realize our potential and help us in our recovery. IF anybody out there is thinking about doing something with their alcohol/ drug problem to please consider Farnum Center because it will save your life!
  • Kyle R
    I like the curriculum a lot better than what I thought it would be. When I came here I hopped there would be something different than AA and there was. Enlightening program! Works for other parts of your life other than addiction.
  • EG
    I don't know what I would've done if it wasn't for Farnum. They've helped me through everything. thank you Farnum!
  • zp
    i like the farnum center is a good place i never been to a rehab before and its a good experience to go to and the stafe is grate and the food if i had a chance to come back i would
  • Zack B
    From my point of view: if you want to stop drinking you can go to any rehab and may find success (I hope that you do) but if you want to truly change the way you think and find peace in your life I would highly recommend the Farnum Center. I know that it has changed my life forever.
  • Terry
    First and foremost the 3 principal philosophy is going to help me in a 12 step format even with sober time behind me.
  • Greg
    This is a very good program! Different from any program I have been in. 3 principles have helped with my thinking and attitude. I would recommend to anyone with an addiction.
  • Daniel L
    I Think the Farnum Center is a great potential way of becoming healthy. This is a great way to start your life in your sobriety. It also is a place that allows you to interact with your peers in a group setting and allows you to figure out your own issues and not with any counselors interfering. Foods GREAT. All staff members are wonderful and treat you kind. Problems get solved. If you need a counselor they are there to talk to you immediately.
  • Brianna T
    i feel this program was the best thing I have ever done. I have been through a lot of programs and for the first time in ten years I feel like I am going to make it through life and not have to ever go back to using. I honestly understand myself and how I work as an individual for the first time in ten years and that's huge for me so I honestly feel that Farnum center has saved my life. I am so grateful that I have walked into the front doors of this treatment center because for the first time in my life it has made sense. thank you!
  • Alan S.
    The Farnum Center and the 3 Principles is your ticket to living a healthy sober life. The 3 Principles doesn't just help with your addiction to drinking or drugging but teaches you how human experience works and how our thoughts are the only thing that hold us back from living a happy fulfilling life.
  • rp
    I have been to a few rehabs and this positive based environment along with a staff that goes above and beyond caring has made all the difference in my recovery.
  • g.w
    this place is awesome.ive been to other programs before and had the 12 steps shoved down my throte and never really got it.the whole concept of the three principles is amazing.the staff here is very knowlagable on the subject too.especially chris.a great experience all together.i actually have hope for the future now.
  • Jimmy
    I think Farnum is good. Excellent they way everyone comes together. Everything is set up nice, super awesome!!
  • DJF
    My stay here has opened my eyes and changed my life. The staff are amazing! I wouldn't change anything!!
  • Aaron C.
    I loved my stay at the Farnum Center. The staff here is excellent and very knowledgeable on the 3 Principle's and explaining them. I'm very grateful I got to come here. If it wasn't for the Farnum Center I wouldn't have so much confidence in going out into the world and not having the fear of relapsing. The food they provide for us was excellent. It was well pre-paired and the cooks were superb. I really enjoyed my stay here. The facility was in excellent shape and well maintained. They kept us in high spirits at all times and we did a lot of fun activities. The staff is great here and it was a privilege coming here. Thank You for getting my life back in order.
  • B.E
    Like no other program I have been too. The 3 principals is something you can use in everyday life..
  • DJ
    Farnum is amazing. The staff are great and extremely helpful. Would recommend to anyone in need of assistance.
  • Matthew
    Every place will have a few small issues to deal with but my only major complaint is meds in the residential program. You really need to stay on top of reordering yourself and even getting aspirin can be a major deal, so you really need to make sure when your running low on something you get it ordered at least a few days prior and stay on top of any new meds.
  • seth
    awesome place, awesome staff! great program as far as the 3 principals!!!
  • KMF
    This is the first detox program I have been to, but I love the Health Realization teaching. The health realization teaching eplains how are mind, thought and consciousness works. Farrnum employees have given me tools for when I get home to help maintain sobriety. While in Farnum they provide meetings with AA and HA. It has been a awesome experience I would recommended getting your sobriety started here.
  • MB
    I came to the Farnum center 29 days ago feeling hopeless and having no experience being sober. The approach they use " the 3 principles" have changed my life. The staff is amazing, the community is just as good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for treatment or help with addiction. I couldn't be any more impressed with this place. I will forever use the tools I have learned here. I owe the Farnum Center my life
  • Marc M
    So far the Counselors and staff are wonderful! They treat us with respect. The RI's work with you.
  • JKL
    relaxing, you learn a lot if you pay attention.
  • Nicholas
    Excellent facility. I have been to a few and farnum center (both north and south) is an outstanding, groundbreaking program.
  • zachary
    this program is excellent a very beneficial to my recovery
  • j.
    this is my second time at farnum. I came back here because I learned a lot the first time. this facility has helped me greatly. I decided to come here for a second time once I started to mess up because it worked so well for me the first time. the way they teach you to look at yourself is very beneficial for me .the work we do here is mainly a process of learning from yourself. its not about the twelve steps. which I like a lot. there is a twelve step meeting every night. but the majority of the work is learning how to have proper positive thoughts.by learning about my thought patterns I have been able to change a lot of my actions. I really enjoy working on myself by learning from myself. this is a great facility. I enjoy the councilors. and the building is nice. the food is really good also. over all I think this is a great place for anyone who wants to better them selves. I have enjoyed my recovery here.
  • H. N
    This is the first time in my life I have ever felt treated as and accepted into a family of support. Before I came to farnum my view on life was a low level of consciousness and I have been helped and encouraged to change my ways of viewing my everyday experiences. I cannot wait to experience and take on life outside of these walls and see where i will be going after learning the three principles. I could not be more greatful and thankful to have come to the farnum center
  • Mike
    I like the brotherhood of the group- the 3 principles are working great in my life. Great staff. Everyone is caring!
  • Brian G
    Good environment staff and counselors are amazing 3 principles are a break through in recovery.
  • Chris
    I believe the Farnum Center is an excellent program all around. the staff, counselors, and community as a whole are very inviting and helpful to what you need in early recovery. its no vacation as you will attend groups all day but that is what you are here for and if you work this program it will work for you.
  • Bob
    I have been to over 2 dozen treatment centers in Massachusetts. But none compare to may stay at the Farnam Center. I'll be leaving here feeling extremely confident in myself and my ability to stay sober. I highly recommend you give this place a chance. It will change your life!!
  • J. G.
    I have found great value in learning the three principles. As an application in daily living I believe it will provide me, along with other recovery resources, a solid foundation to live a successful, and happily whole life.
  • T.
    I must say even though this is my first rehab I am very happy with the approach of the treatment here and my experience has been wonderful.
  • c.
    The staff at FarNum are all very understanding and most are in recovery they get it !!!!! I have had the best time possible here they have all the resources and are always willing to help in all situations !!
  • Holly
    Farnum has taught me the 3 Principles or Health Realization...a new approach to recovery other than the 12 step approach. It has been a remarkable change for me in my thinking and perception. In the past, I have always been taught the same thing in every rehab and I needed something different and more positive.
  • JNM
    The philosophy and education on the 3 Principles was very helpful and definitely useful. I would have liked them to have incorporated meditation and more Mind, Body, Spirit awareness though. We only meditated twice after having requested it numerous times throughout my stay. There is a small, limited gym but more physical activity is needs for patients overcoming drug addiction with extremely elevated levels of anxiety. Important to have helpful outlets for it. Food was good, most of the staff was awesome. The only thing that I was seriously displeased with was the fact that we had to keep track of our own medication even though the staff administered them, we were expected to keep track of and put in a needs form order for our own. I almost left one night because I was still detoxing and at the height of my withdrawl still on the residential side and I didn't have any medication all day and night so I was just miserable. Head warning to this! I liked learning of a new approach with 3 Principles, it became a little redundant. Having been to one other treatment facility before, I will be able to use both the 12steps and this knowledge together. Strict rules, but I understand why. Thank you Farnum Center
  • sh