Fellowship House in Birmingham, AL

1625 12th Avenue South
Birmingham AL 35205

Fellowship House Philosophy

Fellowship House is a non-profit addiction treatment facility designed to serve the needs of chemically dependent individuals and those struggling with co-occurring substance abuse and psychiatric disorders. Clients are provided personal, social, and vocational assistance in attaining sobriety. Services include case management, educational coursework, medication management, vocational counseling, peer support, housing assistance, continuing care, and more.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Individual Counseling

Housing Planning

Group Counseling

ABOUT FELLOWSHIP HOUSE

Fellowship House in Birmingham, Alabama, provides residential treatment and transitional housing for adults dealing with addiction and co-occurring disorders. Fellowship House is a nonprofit facility, which make up 59.6 percent of treatment facilities in Alabama. Detox services are not provided.

To be admitted to the residential program at Fellowship House clients must provide a psychosocial and physical assessment. Clients must complete an intake interview.

The medium-intensity residential program provides case management, individual and group counseling, and medication management. Treatment plans are individualized. Clients will be able to plan for life following treatment through housing and employment counseling. Length of stay varies and is determined based on individual needs.

The transitional apartment program provides case management services as well as group counseling and activities. Those in the program are expected to mentor other residents.

Fellowship House also offers a family program that provides peer support and resources for loved ones.

Fellowship House employs a clinical director, an intake coordinator, and a community resource coordinator. The facility also accepts volunteers. Two of the three alumni polled by Rehabs.com on the level of staff experience provided five-star ratings while a third gave the category one out of five stars.

Official photographs on Fellowship House’s Facebook page feature an apartment building with a backyard. All meals are provided by the center. Visitors are allowed daily. Two of three alumni responding a Rehabs.com poll gave the facility four out of five stars for its exercise options while a third provided three out of five stars.

Five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave mostly positive reviews of Fellowship House, with alumni complimenting the life-changing nature of treatment. Three alumni polled on the center’s visitor policy provided perfect five-star ratings while providing four and five star ratings for the staff’s level of training and respect. The three alumni provided lower ratings of one and two stars for the center’s individual counseling options.

Two alumni surveyed on 15 metrics provided five-star ratings for the center’s treatment effectiveness, affordability, and counseling options.

Rehabs.com has not yet received feedback from former or current employees at Fellowship House; however, reviews on secondary sites yield positive ratings. On Indeed, Fellowship House earned a rating of 3.5 out of five stars based on 41 reviews, and on Glassdoor, the center earned a rating of 2.3 out of five stars from 12 reviewers. Reviews spanning both sites praised staff members, though some individuals noted high case loads. [1] [2]

Fellowship House charges a $35 admission fee. The facility is one of 78 (57.4 percent) of treatment facilities to provide treatment on a sliding scale, which is based on 30 percent of the client’s income. The center’s website states that clients without insurance or income should not be deterred from getting treatment at Fellowship House. Funding for the facility comes from United Way, the Alabama Department of Mental Health, donations, and treatment fees.

[1]https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Fellowship-House/reviews?fcountry=US&floc=Birmingham%2C+AL
[2]https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fellowship-House-Birmingham-Reviews-EIIE709838.0,16IL.17,27_IM93.htm

Published on April 2018

The simple truth is Fellowship house is a very good place to regain your life. Addiction in my opinion is a choice to use or not to use. The fellowship house provides the individual with the tools needed to overcome addictive behavior. Int al, I give it a 10 out of 10. Where else can you get those services? For $30,000.00 you can or for $35.00 you can. You choose.

Was suggested by family and Pearson Hall. The aftercare program is as long as you want to be.

Currently in treatment for only 1 day, can't really give opinion yet.

dual diagnosis activities i'm still sober four years later...

Your mind goes relaxation. However, I did not enjoy the spirit talking attitude. It's a very good experience to have and to be with.

It was a great experience. Counselors have been there and are in recovery. 12 step meetings on site and close by. The place saved my life!

The entry fee was affordable, I have been a addict since I was 15 or 16 and I entered the program at age 51. It taught me enough to get out of relapse and get my life back on track. I am grateful for the experience at fellowship house. They gave us the tools and taught us how to use them. I went back to my workbook and used the tools I was taught while I was there.

There is a big need for this treatment..for myself included. I've observed it first hand. I try to stay willing to all options in my life. It was totally different..in a good way though. It saved my life.

This facility saved my life. Bottom line. I have 7 years clean and sober and the tools I was given at this facility is why.

I was ready for a change. I became willing to listen to what people in recovery were trying to tell me. It took me to the age of 55 to know something had to change, but thank God I had enough willingness to try. My mom died in 2004 and I was there for my family.