FHE Health

504 South Federal Highway #2 , Deerfield Beach, Florida, 33441

4.4

About the Facility

FHE uses a combination of Medical, Psychiatric, and Clinical approach.FHE has been crafted by a highly trained team of Medical Doctors to treat illnesses that may lead to substance abuse. Combined with the access to our Psychiatric team, the medical model is the most advanced method of treating substance abuse. After patients meet with our Medical team, they will have the Psychiatric Department evaluate you to identify any chemical imbalances and co-occurring disorders that may be contributing. Upon completion of your medical and psychiatric evaluation, our medical team meets with the clinical department to develop a treatment plan customized for you. Upon completion of your medical and psychiatric evaluation, our medical team meets with the clinical department to develop a treatment plan customized for you. During your clinical work, you are given the opportunity to apply newly learned behaviors. Our team of Master Level Therapists meets with every patient to learn what underlying issues may also be negatively influencing your decisions. You will learn to unlearn past behavior patterns that have been controlling your life. Our clinical staff will help you develop the building blocks to strengthen your core. We promote self-sufficiency and encourage community participation. Some of the skills we offer are budgeting, job hunting, food preparation, grocery shopping, exercise and healthy leisure time activities. The Florida House Experience also places emphasis on the family system in our inpatient rehab program. Our monthly group focuses on education, family dynamics, and whole family recovery.

Individualized Treatment

Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Family Program

• Gender Specific Program
  • Acupuncture for Addiction Treatment
  • Exercise Facility and Program
Dr. Howeedy, MD, MRO

Dr. Howeedy, MD, MRO

Medical Director

Dr. Howeedy, MD, serves as the Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer for the Deerfield Florida House. While Dr. Howeedy's background is in Family and Internal Medicine, he has taken a special interest in integrative neuropsychiatry and addiction medicine, looking at root causes of behavioral health and addiction disorders from a medical perspective; with regards to its relation with the endocrine system, detoxification pathways, hormones, diet, gastrointestinal health, environmental toxic burden, and neurotransmitters. This also includes innovative treatment approaches in the field, and how diet plays a role in the healing process.

Show Bio
Dr. Karen Dodge, PhD, MSPH, MSW

Dr. Karen Dodge, PhD, MSPH, MSW

Executive Director of Clinical Services

Dr. Dodge studied Social Work and Public Health at FAU and FIU, later completing her Masters in Epidemiology and Public Health at UM. She returned back to FIU for her PhD and later her Post-doc in Computational Neuroscience. Dr Dodge is nationally recognized in the field of Substance Use, Public Health, Medical and Behavioral Integration, and cutting edge research in Neuroscience. She served as Assistant Professor in Research Faculty for University of Miami, FAU, and Nova University, and has served as Senior Health Planner/Director of Community Research for Palm Beach County, Director of Research of Clinical Care at Hazelton/Caron Treatment Centers, and Director of Neurorehabilitation at Caron Treatment Centers.

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing Available

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT FHE HEALTH

A mile from South Florida’s renowned "Blue Wave" beach in Broward County, FHE Health, formally known as the Florida House Experience, offers residential and outpatient treatment to adults struggling with substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health disorders.

The facility also offers medical detox, which is available in just 10.9 percent of residential treatment facilities in Florida. Additionally, treatment is provided for process addictions such as gambling disorder, which is only offered by 25.3 percent of facilities in Florida.

Treatment at FHE begins with a full medical and psychiatric evaluation. The program is evidence-based and utilizes treatment modalities such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), the latter of which is offered by 56.1 percent of treatment facilities in Florida.

In addition, there are 12-step meetings, gender-specific focus groups, comprehensive psychiatric services, and spirituality workshops. FHE also offers a wide variety of holistic services and activities such as yoga, mindfulness meditation, and acupuncture, the latter of which is available in just 11.4 percent of treatment facilities in Florida.

The treatment team includes doctors, registered nurses, psychiatrists, neuroscientists, licensed clinical social workers, master's-level therapists, and health and wellness professionals. FHE has a 1:1 staff-to-client ratio. To date, the 17 individuals who were surveyed about the staff by Rehabs.com gave them high ratings.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.4/5

FHE's five-acre campus is flanked by palm trees and within walking distance of a beach. The modern 200-bed facility provides shared bedrooms, a fitness room, swimming pool, and an on-site cafe.

The 12 alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave FHE mostly positive feedback. They indicated that the facility was clean and comfortable, and that there were ample opportunities for leisure activities and exercise. "Very clean facility, food was excellent as well. I thank the Florida House for saving my life and for helping me get my life straightened out," N.E. wrote in a representative review.

Cleanliness: 4.4/5
Exercise and Leisure Activities: 4.1/5
Holistic Offerings: 4.1/5

Former clients gave lower ratings to the rehab for its connectivity policy (with specific criticism of their strict phone policy,) but ultimately indicated they would recommend the FHE to others.

Likelihood to Recommend: 4.6/5
Connectivity: 2.8/5

"I've sent four different people there since I've been there and they are all still clean today," Emily wrote in a representative review.

On Google[1], FHE earned an average rating of 4.1 out of five stars based on 82 reviews. The majority of alumni who left comments described the rehab as effective and well-run. "You can tell they put a great effort into things running properly & smoothly. Everyone was so friendly to me & such a big help," Jeffrey wrote in a representative review.

The five loved ones polled by Rehabs.com also gave FHE mostly positive feedback, though ratings were slightly lower for family activities and affordability. "Great structure, but needs more family involvement," Lisa noted in a representative review.

Cleanliness: 4.4/5
Exercise and Leisure Activities: 4.2/5
Family Participation: 3.6/5

Ultimately, loved ones indicated that the treatment was helpful and that they would recommend the rehab to others. "Very nice environment and qualified people working there," an anonymous loved one wrote in a representative review.

Would Recommend: 4/5

Information provided by FHE includes the following costs for treatment: $750 per day, $30,000 per month, and $60,000 for 90 days. The facility’s website indicates that most major insurance plans are accepted. To date, the 17 individuals polled by Rehabs.com regarding cost felt that the facility was moderately affordable.

Affordability: 3.8/5

Accreditations & Licenses
  • JCAHO
  • CARF
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.4/5
    4.3/5
    4.3/5
    4.6/5

• Damika
    Florida house experience saved my life I was spiraling down the wrong way when they reached out to me in my time of need paid for my plane ticket to come and go yes they will Bill your insurance but why not if it's cover you shouldn't have to worry about that great place great workers really help me 3 years clean went in not knowing that I was pregnant so that was call to check on you afterwards the rooms are clean showers bathrooms are fine you make a phone call to your family members whenever you ask groups are nice the food was okay they do teach you things that you need to know if you don't know like grocery shopping paying bills things of that nature I will recommend anyone to go here
  • NJ DAN
    The Bad: Some of the techs that work are not very considerate. True, they have a job to do, but some times they treat the adults that are serious about recovery like children. Also some of the rules don't apply to everybody, especially in PHP. The Good: Overall, the place is amazing. If you're serious about recovery, this place is no joke. Therapists are great. Every morning the place is mopped, they do your laundary, change your sheets, and give you 3 meals a day, which are excellent. There are some awesome techs there too, and the nurses are very caring to you. The neurological department is excellent; the brain mapping and treatment they do makes a HUGE difference. PHP and IOP gives you a little more freedom, but whatever program you're in, you must go to groups. Again, if you are serious, the groups are excellent, and highly recommended. BOTTOM LINE: You get out of Recovery what you put into it. If you are not serious about it, dont bother going. I dove head first into my recovery, and being a relapser, I took it seriously this time. If you focus on yourself and really want to get sober, this is the place to go. People that give this place a bad review are childish, selfish people, who dont understand recovery. Trust me, this place helped me to start getting my life back together. THANK YOU FLORIDA HOUSE AND GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!
  • NE
    The FHE saved my life. I was losing everything valuable in my life- was close to losing custody of my child and I realized I needed help. I cannot day enough about the Florida House. The staff was amazing. I couldn’t have made it without them. I loved almost every single one of them. (huge shout out she was a god send) The treatment is not easy but if you have your mind made up, you can do it. Very clean facility, food was excellent as well. I thank the Florida House for saving my life and for helping me get my life straightened out. They know what you need in rehabilitation- yes it may seem unfair or hard but in the long run it’s worth it 100%. Thank you again!
  • Mike
    The Florida House took me from living in my car and hopeless with no insurance or a penny to my name and with love and compassion allowed me to go thru detox , residential treatment and PHP and IOP They also provided money every week for food . Without a doubt I was dying when I walked in at 164 lbs with all the guilt and shame I carried you would think I would have weighed a ton. And there is what I learned from the wonderful therapists is that guilt and shame and of course my enourmous ego was the problem , the using but a symptom. Today because of the Florida houses compassion allowing me the time to heal physically mentally and spiritually I am a healthy happy man. My children thank you and as for myself words couldn't begin to describe my gratitude. If The Florida House can help me get my life back on track , they can help anyone !!!!
    Worst place ever they are out for your money . There was yoga once . The food was terrible . The staff unprofessional . I can’t say enough this place was dirty , you could not call your family . Basically want your money unprofessional staff and repetitive groups . it’s an awful program
  • Katy
    Let's start with I am NEVER one to give negative reviews, however, PLEASE STAY CLEAR OF FLORIDA HOUSE. It is quite possibly one of the most inexperienced, understaffed places I have ever been to. After coming in voluntarily, they WOULD NOT LET ME LEAVE. PERIOD. THIS WAS AFTER I HAD DETOXED. It was simply because my insurance was so extraordinary that they wanted to milk every last cent from me. Hear me out. No pool, no sun, except for a couple hours daily, meetings in freezing cold rooms, showers that do not work, No wonder I was so extremely eager to get back to negative fifteen degrees in Chicago. Anyplace has to be better than Florida House. Bar none. If it wasn't for the kindness of other patients there, I definitely would need extreme therapy just to wash away the whole experience. That's an FYI. Take the advice. DO NOT ADMIT YOURSELF HERE.
  • GRH
    The entire program was a joke. Please if you need help find a real program.
    The People. If you don't place this facility number one on your website, then your not a real rating website.
  • Kathy
    After chatting with a staff she answered all my questions about your facility Very happy and thrilled to see you have Neurologist and Mapping of her brain because this is what sold me on this is we're my niece needs.I want to thank my friends and I to The Florida House Excepierce.
    Family Program was great but there was too much dead time
  • JD
    I worked for FHE for 4 months. One day I came to work, set up my classroom, and was called over to Corporate. I waited for 45 minutes. One of the social workers showed up and told me that that hour was my last hour working there. When I asked her for the reason and told her I wanted to know so that I could improve myself, she said there was no reason. Ironically, the week before I ran into another social worker who introduced herself to me and told me that she was going to be running art groups. I also found out from one of the patients that some of the social workers were taking my art therapy treatment tools and using them in their groups. I\'ll let you do the rest of the math. BTW, my immediate supervisor told me that she had no knowledge of my being let go and that she was very sorry. ... I just want them to know that this is not acceptable.
  • Lisa
    Great structure, but needs more family involvement. Very through wish insurances didn't dictate everything. Because I feel clients would be if it from longer stays
  • Bill
    Make you feel welcome. The Florida House saved my life.
  • Joe
    friendly but dirty
  • Emily
    The detox is literally the nicest one in South Florida which says a lot cause there are tons of great detoxes there. The program was the most structured one I\'ve been to and I\'ve been to about 12 different treatment centers. I didn\'t stay clean after and I hated my therapist, my family disliked him too but other than that it was a great program. I\'ve sent four different people there since I\'ve been there and they are all still clean today. They make a big deal of keeping girls and guys separated...I think they should be a little more lenient with that rule honestly.
    Good groups. There phone policy was ridiculus. I am 2 years to the date of being clean. Florida house gave me the tools I needed to be able to do this
  • Frank
    Great progessional program. Very structured but no visits. It takes a discipline person who can handle structure and wants to be there. This is not an easy place and challanges you. If you make it though you definitely can stay sober. They want to help you
    the overall atmosphere, one on one care, variety of experts on hand to deal with problems a little isolated there and could do more to bring others on board to help too, very nice environment and qualified people working there
    lots of programs to stay busy but too much sillyness. the program works if you set your mind to it. just don't think about the things you do and go along with the program
    caring staff, modern equipment. food was not great. my brother did a three week progam (alcohol) it could have been a little longer,
    Nice location. Nice staff. Early release so treatment didn't stick. My cousin went to Florida House. They have great staff and a beautiful location, but the doctors were easily manipulated by my cousin so she was released before treatment was successful enough to keep her sober.
  • Amy
    After a lifetime of opiate addiction, I entered FHE after detox. I was a complete and utter mess. I was so sick my vision was terribly impaired, physically weak, and could not speak in sentences. I was 58 years old with at least 3 other treatment centers under my belt. The structure and schedule were really hard on me, but I had been laying around just exsisting and certainly not living the prior 5 years. The staff was fantastic at melding care with expectations, which pissed me off at the time. Expectations for me to go along w the program blew my mind. Then as I began to feel a little better, I went along w the program and to my astonishment, I began to feel better. Chugging water (FHE\'s cure for all) and having to prepare our own meals...brought me back to life. Therapy is no picnic at FHE, however I knew I had something in myself that was keeping me from being able to stay sober. My therapist helped me identify what that was and then I was forced to deal. Once uncovered abuse is now right there...looking me straight on. Needless to say, I was able to explore it not only there, but also continued that work once I got home. It was a grueling 40+ days. I followed their direction to immediately get involved in local meetings and therapy. That was in 2012. I\'m now sober, and I know that FHE actually helped me to knock off my BS and get busy. Yes it was hard. Yes there are a lot of rigid rules, and obviously I needed a place w backbone. And the FHE was just that for me. I am forever grateful for the people there who cared enough to sift thru my crap to help me find my key to living.
  • UpsetFamilyMember
    IF YOU SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE, FORGET ABOUT EVER HEARING FROM HIM/HER. THEY ARE ALLOWED TO CALL MAYBE ONCE A WEEK FOR 5 MINUTES, TOPS! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. HOW THESE PEOPLE THINK THIS IS NORMAL IS BEYOND ME. I AM SO UPSET BUT I AM DEALING WITH IT AS I HAVE NO CHOICE. SERIOUSLY FLORIDA HOUSE, DO YOU THINK IT\'S RIGHT YOUR PATIENTS NOT CALL THEIR LOVED ONES AT ALL???
    I have been sober for four years since I went to this facility. Everything was great.
    There were 2 parts--Detox Facility: Skilled and caring staff, high tech equipment, Clean and Beautiful Accommodations. Rehab: Clean and Nice accommodations. Detox: No weaknesses in my opinion. Rehab: No flexibility on rules in regards to age or type or addiction. Everyone was treated the same as if in a mold, everyone is not the same. I was 50 years old and not a street addict or forced there, still was treated the same as the 20 year old's. Much too strict for me--too many rules, and other things I did not like I had to leave "Against Medical Advice", and was driven to a train station not knowing if I had money for a flight or anything and not feeling well at all and not being able to use a phone on their premises first. It was awful. The Florida House Detox did what they were supposed to do with me: detox off of Methadone after 7 years, but then I was sent to the Rehab facility and was not prepared and was shocked by the experience since I'd never been to a Detox/Rehab and the Rehab to me felt like jail. I would send my son or daughter there knowing they were in good hands as The Florida House knows what they're doing. But me being 50 I couldn't handle the rules and the marching around and the very busy schedule.
  • Patti
    Accommodations, groups, 12 step and therapist were all excellent. The therapy was intense.
  • KK
    They have a therapist with first hand knowledge and experience with the disease. The program is tough but effective. However, they need to improve their follow up.
    Rules were strictly enforced
  • Nicholas
    This center teaches you how to be independent and will separate your treatment away from your family. Great Group and Individual Treatment Sessions. Very knowledgeable on the disease and other mental health issues. However, military style rules and regulations were downfalls, in addition to the micro management of clients by Techs. There was also no use of computers & phone calls once a week for 10 minutes-- which can be taken away for any reason.
  • JPP
    I would recommend this facility to anyone in need. They provide a level of care that guides and assists the patient in functioning outside the facility when discharged that, if applied correctly and willingly, will keep the patient from relapsing and succumbing to the disease of addiction. They provide support both inside and outside the facility.
  • afw
    Great place!
  • Lynn
    Good place to get help.
  • Mike
    This was my first time in treatment and I had no idea what to expect. Florida House made me feel welcomed, comfortable, and accepted. It also made me see the need for a complete, all-inclusive change of my thinking, behaviors, and spiritual foundation. I was introduced to the 12 steps and the importance of finding a relationship with God. I also learned about the vast character defects and personal issues that lead to my drug abuse. They gave me everything I needed to begin my path in recovery, and because I was willing I was able to grasp the chance. Welcoming environment. At the same time, forces you to be willing to change.