Focus Healthcare of Tennessee in Chattanooga, TN

(5 of 5)
7429 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga TN 37421

Focus Healthcare of Tennessee Philosophy

There is no official review of Focus Healthcare of Tennessee yet.

Is this your facility? Click here to learn about participating in an official Rehabs.com review.

When I was admitted to Focus, I was struggling with alcoholism and prescription drug abuse as well as heroine abuse. My addiction had escalated to the point where I was deceiving my family and I had been terminated from my job. Despite the obvious signs around me, I was in denial that I had a problem. Within 24 hours of attending classes inside Focus, I knew I was in the right place. I had structure without the stresses of daily life to distract me from addressing the causes of my addiction. I learned so much in Focus and I am glad to say I have been sober for almost one year now. Focus offered classes on shame reduction (addicts carry tons of guilt which can be dangerous for recovery), the 12 steps, yoga and art (it is paramount for addicts to learn alternative ways of relaxation other than using substances), physiology of addiction, the recovery process and what to expect and lessons on triggers (this was critical for when I returned home). Throughout the day I met one on one with my assigned therapist and attended classes led as a group with an addiction therapist or a counselor. The patient care technicians are all recovered addicts, which meant the world to me because I was very apprehensive about how I would be treated. No one understands compassion in addiction like another addict and the care technicians were a key part of helping me relax and feel that I wasn't being judged. They spent time with us in the day room and they ate meals with us. They gave me a chance to see how recovery in action works and I have carried those lessons with me. I cannot say enough about the food at Focus!!! It is absolutely delicious, and on my first morning home I have to admit I was sad thinking I would no longer be served those delicious meals. The insurance paperwork was a breeze to complete and the team at Focus worked with me and my husband closely and answered all our questions so that financial worries and paperwork were not something I had to concern myself with. One of the most important parts of my treatment at Focus was the fact that every day we attended a 12 step meeting. I did not understand the need for meetings at first, but slowly over time I came to know other members of AA and NA. Going to meetings became part of my daily routine and I came to look forward to learning and hearing members share. When I was discharged, I had no hesitation attending meetings because I already knew where they were, what they were like, and how to get to them. I have made so many close friends at Focus and I continue to attend their weekly aftercare program as well as AA and NA meetings held there. Focus changed my life. It wasn't just "rehab" - it was an opportunity to learn why I was abusing drugs and alcohol. It was a jumping off point for the rest of my life as a sober wife, mother, and employee. I highly recommend Focus.

Mt Sinai Wellness Center