Gallus Detox Centers in Scottsdale, AZ

4326 N. 75th Street
Scottsdale AZ 85251

Gallus Detox Centers Philosophy

Safety and comfort always come first at Gallus Detox Centers during your detox from alcohol and/or drugs. Our facility is in a luxury setting with private individual rooms, HD TV, Internet access, and you are allowed to use your cell phone during your stay. Gallus Detox Centers uses IV therapy and 24 hour video monitoring during your stay to immediately treat withdrawal symptoms and keep you comfortable. Our caring and compassionate team of doctors and nurses are dedicated to making the detoxification process as painless as possible. Licensed substance abuse counselors will work directly with you or your loved ones and help develop a customized recovery plan to continue your sobriety after detox. Hope starts where addiction ends, and if you give us a week, we will give you back your life.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

IV Therapy Treatment

IV therapy allows us to immediately and effectively treat any discomfort caused by your withdrawal symptoms

Board certified physicians & ER trained nurses

Hand picked caring and compassionate doctors and a nursing staff with Emergency Room backgrounds to ensure your safety and comfort during the detox process. We treat you like a human being not a prisoner.

Luxury Private Rooms

Individual rooms with HD TV and internet access that allow you maximum comfort and privacy during your stay.

Patrick J. Gallus, DO

Chief Medical Officer (CMO)

Dr. Gallus is a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician. He obtained his B.S. in Health and Physical Education from University of Montana, and his D.O. from the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific. He completed his emergency medicine residency at Texas A&M University, Scott and White Memorial Hospital. Since moving to Prescott Arizona he has developed 2 emergency departments, seeing 72,000 patients a year with a staff of 18 board certified physicians. Dr. Gallus has over 15 years of experience treating drug and alcohol related issues. Currently he is Chief of Staff at Yavapai Regional Medical Center overseeing 270 board certified physicians.

Shannon Weir

Director of Facility and Nursing Services & Registered Nurse

Shannon has been a Registered Nurse for over 22 years with most of her experience in critical care. While working in a medical detox ward of a hospital in Utah, she realized this specialized field was the place for her. After moving to Arizona, Shannon wanted to continue dedicating herself to helping patients through this crucial phase of recovery so she contacted Dr. Gallus. Shannon says, "I'm thankful to be part of the Gallus Detox team and can’t imagine working at a better place!” Shannon is a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC) and her certificates include Advanced Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Away from work, she enjoys running, hiking, yoga and spending time with her three children.

ABOUT GALLUS DETOX CENTERS

Based in Scottsdale, Ariz., Gallus Detox Centers offers medically-assisted, inpatient detoxification services for adults struggling with substance abuse. The facility uses a specialized method to help clients comfortably withdraw from alcohol and/or drugs, and assists in arranging aftercare to continue treatment. In Arizona, the facility is among the 5.9 percent of facilities to offer non-hospital, inpatient detoxification.

Gallus Detox Centers offers clients treatment for alcoholism and most addictive drugs and substances. The proprietary Gallus Detox Method, developed by a board-certified emergency medicine physician, involves the use of IV therapy to swiftly manage painful withdrawal symptoms.

Each client is monitored around the clock, and detox plans are individually tailored and continuously adjusted to ensure comfort. Cardiac telemetry and video monitoring ensure clients’ health. Sessions with a licensed clinical psychologist also are provided to discuss immediate issues and develop post-detox plans.

Length of stay varies based on substance and progress. Alcohol detox typically lasts three to seven days, while opiate detoxification may last from five to seven days** and safely detoxifying from benzodiazepines may last from seven to 10 days. In addition, Gallus offers methadone detoxification, which may lasts from seven to 14 days.

In Arizona, Gallus Detox Centers is among 20.1 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities accredited by The Joint Commission. The organization engages a full medical staff including board-certified physicians, licensed clinical psychologists, ICU-level registered nurses, and medical care technicians. The staff-to-client ratio is 1:2.

The facility's website notes individualized comfort is a priority. A maximum of six clients are admitted at a time, with each staying in an upscale private room with Wi-Fi and a flat-screen HDTV.

Clients are encouraged to keep in close contact with family and friends during treatment, and even check in with work if it’s not too stressful. As such, the use of personal computers and cell phones is permitted.

To date, the one former client polled by Rehabs.com to date submitted highly favorable feedback about Gallus. Despite initial trepidation, the alum noted: “The second I walked in the door I realized that I had made the best decision of my life. I couldn’t imagine another place that is more caring, safer and comfortable.” D.D. appreciated the quick and cordial service and the lengths the staff went to address clients’ physical and emotional needs.

Secondary sites yielded similar positive coverage to date. The facility received average ratings of 4.3 out of five stars based on 11 reviews on Google and four out of five stars based on four reviews on Yelp. 1 2 In all, 70 percent of reviewers awarded Gallus Detox Centers perfect five stars for numerous reasons, such as the caring staff and reasonable pricing.

In a representative review, Kenny described the facility “2nd to none” and added: “This place has perfected their methods and it works wonders.” T.D. echoed this sentiment: “The staff there were unbelievably understanding about my needs and did everything possible to make sure that my stay was as comfortable as possible.” Isolated criticism concerned lack of professionalism, ethics, and focus on money.

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided highly positive feedback, as reflected in the perfect five stars for the facility's affordability, connectivity/visitor policy, facility cleanliness and upkeep, family participation, likelihood to recommend, and staff training and experience. "Gallus Detox is by far the best detox center I have referred people, including very close friends to," D.G. wrote in a representative review. "The staff credentials coupled with their unique and individualized treatment approach is by far the most effective in the detoxification industry."

The one staff member polled by Rehabs.com to date submitted positive opinions about Gallus Detox, offering five stars for connectivity/visitor policy, facility cleanliness and upkeep, family participation, likelihood to recommend, and staff experience and training, as well as four stars for affordability and counseling options. "Gallus Detox and all of it's employees are very passionate about what we do and care for our patients like they are our family," the staff member wrote.

Gallus Detox Centers accepts most private insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Cigna. It has in-network affiliations with Compsych, MultiPlan, and WCF Insurance. Although the facility accepts TRICARE, it does not accept AHCCS, Medicare, or Medicaid.

Published on October 2018

This is my story and my experience at Gallus Detox Center. To Whoever reads this please make the choice to get clean, you won't regret it and it really turned out that all the things I read about Gallus Detox were legit and then some. I had a really bad car wreck and got hooked on hydrocodone and other painkillers and heard that methadone could help you get off of opiates. This was the worst decision I have ever made in my life because I was trading one addiction for another one. Please to anyone do not ever get on methadone it’s the hardest thing to get off of but it is possible and there is hope. I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired so I started looking into treatment but always came across what seemed to be the same cookie cutter treatment center that does the same thing and is ran like a jail. So after going through hundreds of websites and countless phone calls, I came across www.gallusdetox.com and all of a sudden something felt different about this website. A massive weight and a wave of emotions I have never felt before came over me and I started crying very heavily so I wrote down their number and closed my laptop without going through 90% of their website. I tried to sleep but at first, I couldn't stop thinking about this place but a comfort came over me that night that this was the right place before even calling. When I woke up the next morning I still had that same feeling that this was the right place and my search was over and when I called the first time I was blessed to be able to talk to a young lady named Lisa and she was very patient and at that time in my mind I was thinking that I didn’t deserve for someone to be this caring and worried about getting me here because every day you are addicted to something it could be your last day and that’s not the way to live. I was just existing at that point I didn’t have any motivation or desire to do or work towards anything before coming to Gallus. I was skeptical at first but after reserving my room and booking my flight all of the skepticism went away. There was still a lot of anxiety but every bit of that started to go away the moment they picked me up from the airport and all the rest of my anxiety went away the second I walked in the door I realized that I had made the best decision of my life. I couldn’t imagine another place that is more caring, safer and comfortable in the United States and there have even been people come from overseas to detox here if that tells you anything. They immediately evaluated me and within an hour I had an IV with my medicine and a specific treatment schedule made for me since they approach each person differently to make me as comfortable as I could have hoped for and then some. The IV process of delivering your medicine works a lot better and faster and can be changed and administered if anything changes with you mentally or physically at least in my case they did. This is very important to be as comfortable as possible so you will actually finish your detox. Their process is different than any other approach I ever came across online but their approach is very effective especially when your withdrawals are at their worst no matter what drug or drugs you are on. Gallus Detox saved my life they gave me hope when I had didn’t have any left they gave me my feelings back and that ability to care about things other than myself and my methadone addiction. This is the best place in the country to detox off of any drug but methadone is the worst I was in there for 18 days and only had minimal withdrawal symptoms but that is to be expected. What I wasn’t expecting was how short they were and how they were to keep it under control during my stay even watching the 8 to 10 others come in with the same fear but their fears were calmed down just like mine when I realized I was dealing with the most caring group I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. They are more like a family up there and it rubbed off on me and everyone that came before and after me that I interacted with. Everyone helps each other and messes around and joking with everyone the entire atmosphere from your first step in the door to your last step to leave. I honestly will always have a piece of my heart inside that place because that’s where my life changed after thinking that nothing could change and I was going to have to be dependent on Methadone for the rest of my life. Patrick the Boss Man and all of his staff make you realize from your first call that no matter what drug or drugs you are on they have seen every situation and every drug addiction come through their doors. The most important aspect is Patrick comes every day to talk to each person and that they have 2 people that are literally 10 feet away at all times in case anything were to go wrong. Something that I will always remember is the staff members treats you like you are part of their own family and goes out of their way to make you as comfortable as possible and are more laid back than anything I expected due to their approach towards ever aspect of this life-changing journey from beginning to end even with help setting up aftercare which the staff works tirelessly on from the second you get there they are setting up your next step whatever it may be. With the IV therapy and their overall different approach to a traditional detox/rehab. The food is fantastic they order from all the local restaurants that had a ton of variety and always ordered from different places so nothing would get old. The private rooms were very comfortable and reminded me of being home. You have a flat screen high def tv with cable and wifi plus you get to bring your personal cell phone, laptop, and tablet. Here is what put Gallus Detox above other places is that I have had really bad back problems and haven’t slept in a bed in close to 4 years. They went and rented an electrically adjustable recliner for me to sleep in which is something I didn’t even think of before arriving I was just ready to get there. I was there for 18 days but every other drug you can detox of in about a week depending on your situation but for those 18 days I personally got the privilege to watch probably 8-10 people that came in looking like they were on their last leg and a week later they left with no issues and they were a completely different person inside and out. not 1 time did I see anyone sick or so uncomfortable they couldn’t function. Everyone was as comfortable as physically and mentally possible during this most important time of my life and others as well. Every single person that I got to know and see come through completed their detox and moved on to wherever their next step was but GALLUS DETOX is the best first step you can ever take to take your life back and learn to care and live again sober. It's worth it in every way possible. I owe Gallus everything including my life and my outlook towards the future that they gave me the hope that was missing before. I care about every single one of yall and if anyone ever needs ANYTHING you have my number. Thank you so much for everything yall do and will continue to do for everyone that comes through those doors especially me it means the world to have my life back. I wish nothing but the best for you and your families. Especially my Prayer Warrior. Love yall. D.D

Highly skilled, caring and compassionate staff Not a weakness but this is a medical detox, not a treatment center. The staff and Substance Abuse Counselor will assist the patients in aftercare planning and placement. I have been with this company since it began in 2011. Gallus Detox and all of it's employees are very passionate about what we do and care for our patients like they are our family. The small facility and excellent staff to patient ratio allow the staff to really help patients both medically and emotionally.

Gallus Detox is by far the best detox center I have referred people, including very close friends to. The staff credentials coupled with their unique and individualized treatment approach is by far the most effective in the detoxification industry. I don't know if this is a weakness, but the centers are limited to 6 patients at a time. The intake process is very simple, the treatment is very effective as most of the detox treatments are done via IV therapy. All rooms are single, so it makes for a more comfortable stay, as you don't have to deal with other people health issues. I recommend calling them and possibly expect a short waiting list, as they are always full because of their effectiveness.

Strengths: Knowledgeable Staff Quiet, private location. Weaknesses: Group activities. Excellent, couldn't ask for better.