Great Oaks Recovery Center in Egypt, TX

11210 FM 102
Egypt TX 77436

Great Oaks Recovery Center Philosophy

Our philosophy is Quality and Affordable Addiction Treatment in a Full Continuum of Care.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Full Staff of Nurses On Site at All Times

Most Insurances Accepted

Full Continuum of Care

ABOUT GREAT OAKS RECOVERY CENTER

Located in pastoral Egypt, Texas, 60 miles southeast of Houston, Great Oaks Recovery Center offers a full continuum of treatment services to individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health concerns. Founded in 2014, Great Oaks Recovery Center provides upscale residential treatment and medically supervised detox, and facilitates continuing care services. The center is one of only 108 non-hospital, residential facilities in the state.

Upon admission, each client undergoes a psychosocial assessment that will inform his or her individualized plan. Clients in need of stabilization start treatment with detox, for which they have access to a physician-led team of licensed nurses, who are available around the clock. Only 36 facilities in Texas offer residential, non-hospital detox programs.

Great Oaks Recovery Center’s residential program incorporates 12-step participation with individual therapy sessions, group counseling, and psychoeducational classes. The facility promotes physical health through therapeutic recreational activities. Specialized treatment groups complement the traditional programming. These include a chronic relapse program, addiction biochemistry education, humor-based therapy, and trauma recovery.

The center also facilitates loved ones’ participation through family programming, designed to educate family members, foster open communication, and assist families with aftercare planning. The facility opens its doors for visitation hours on Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Graduates of residential treatment have access to continuing care services, including referrals to the appropriate level of outpatient care (either an intensive outpatient program or partial hospitalization program), sober living facilities, and 12-step groups. Clients are also encouraged to take advantage of Recovery Renewal weekends and ongoing alumni meetings or events.

Great Oaks Recovery Center employs a multi-disciplinary team of licensed addiction counselors, social workers, physicians, and nurses. In support of client’s physical well-being, the facility also staffs a team of nutritionists, recreational therapists, and personal trainers. It is also part of the 27.6 percent of facilities in Texas accredited by the Joint Commission.

Set across 50 acres of serene Texas landscape, Great Oaks Recovery Center provides its clients a homelike, comfortable facility conducive to treatment and early recovery. A former Texas ranch, the facility includes a main house and a guesthouse, equipped with 32 beds and full kitchens.

Clients are housed in private rooms, and the facility features spacious, well-appointed living areas, patios, and landscaped grounds. The center also has a gym and an on-site pool.

Of the five alumni who left reviews with Rehabs.com, four were positive and one negative. "Grate Oaks was god sent for me i did 41days there and u could not Ask for a better place to go for recovery each and evey one there were A blessing to me," wrote alum Billy, who rated the facility's treatment effectiveness, accommodations & amenities, and meals all five out of five stars. Heather agreed, giving five stars for treatment effectiveness and adding, "The most helpful was my counselor, who helped me identify my triggers...The staff at Great Oaks was wonderful."

The sole negative alumni review, from L.I., rated the facility only one out of five stars for accommodations and amenities as well as treatment effectiveness. "While the nurses, medical techs and kitchen staff are wonderful, management is poor and it seemed to be becoming like an institution or boot camp despite the beautiful setting. I would highly discourage anyone from going or sending a loved one to this facility."

Secondary sources revealed positive alumni feedback. On third-party sites, 14 reviewers on Google gave the facility 4.2 out of five stars.[1] Two reviewer on Yelp to date gave Great Oaks Recovery Center perfect five-star ratings, and 30 reviewers on the facility’s Facebook page, which the facility may have the ability to control, rated it an average of 4.6 out of five stars.[2][3] Reviewer feedback praised the staff’s treatment of clients, the effective treatment, and the food at Great Oaks Recovery Center.

The four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave positive feedback of Great Oaks Recovery Center. Although he offered three-star ratings for treatment effectiveness, accommodations, and the quality of nutrition, the sole loved one polled on the following metrics offered maximum five-star ratings for the level of connectivity during treatment, the level of family participation, the cleanliness of the facility, the staff's level of training and experience, the treatment of co-occurring disorders, and the admin and discharge procedures. When asked, on a scale from one to five, whether they would recommend treatment at Great Oaks Recovery Center to others, the loved one offered a perfect five-star rating.

The three remaining friends and family members to leave commentary each praised Great Oaks Recovery Center for changing the lives of their loved ones. "My son has only been out a few days. But can really see a difference. All the staff were so nice and supportive," a parent wrote.

Although the cost of treatment is not listed on the facility’s website, Great Oaks Recovery Center accepts private insurance, including from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and United Behavioral Health.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/great-oaks-recovery-center-egypt?osq=Great+Oaks+Recovery+Center
[3] https://www.facebook.com/pg/greatoaksrecovery/reviews/

Published on July 2019

LI

As of June 2019, this is NOT the facility it used to be. It was bought by a larger company that I am still trying to locate. While the nurses, medical techs and kitchen staff are wonderful, management is poor and it seemed to be becoming like an institution or boot camp despite the beautiful setting. I would highly discourage anyone from going or sending a loved one to this facility.

LF

Fails in therapy to encourage family involvement. Terrible on the communication side and does not return phone calls. I would never recommend this place after what we have experienced.

Casey

What a beautiful experience! After 27 years of boozing and using I had my first and hopefully last rehab visit. It was great to get out of Dallas completely and concentrate on me. I feel confident and prepared for this new chance to live sober!

Heather

I spent 30 days at Great Oaks Recovery in March and April of 2016 for alcohol abuse. I am nearly 2 years sober and have not had any relapse. The tools and techniques I learned have helped me navigate through a couple of periods where I wanted to drink. I support the 12 step program and attend AA meetings weekly. However, for me the group classes learning about relapse, coping and behavioral therapy have been more helpful. The most helpful was my counselor, who helped me identify my triggers. When I get into thst complacent mood where I think I'm OK and can have a glass of wine or two, I stop myself and recall the conversations we had. When I get angry or jealous that I can't drink like a normal person, I just remember I have an illness and my body and mind can't process alcohol much like a diabetic can't process sugar. The staff at Great Oaks was wonderful. The facility is nice - very nice for a treatment facility. We had a few hiccups with hot water while I was there but they were sorting it out. The staff would also take us on outings such as AA and bowling. I appreciated the sit down meals with a couple of choices. The food was always fresh and snacks were always available. I would have liked a few healthier options but the menu allowed enough choice. They also stocked a few of my own items for me. Of course I would have loved a facility with rooms and meals like the Four Seasons but what they have is sufficient and I wasn't there for vacation! I also appreciated the smaller scale of the facility so we could get to know each other and get a sense of community and commitment to sobriety. I highly recommend Great Oaks Recovery!

Kathy

My son has only been out a few days. But can really see a difference. All the staff were so nice and supportive. Thank you so much

Billy Skinner

Grate Oaks was god sent for me i did 41days there and u could not Ask for a better place to go for recovery each and evey one there were A blessing to me . P.S. may god bless each and every one that work for them thank you grate oaks u saved my life . God bless u all there.

Shellie

Thank you Great Oaks you saved my son. My family is forever in your debt and will always support this house.

Strengths: sincearity and honesty. Staff is friendly and have good knowledge. you will feel at home

Hector

My husband drank for over 20 years. He went to Great Oaks Recovery and it changed his life. He has been sober now for 8 months!