Green Mountain Treatment Center in Effingham, NH

Call (866) 658-6220 to Contact Green Mountain Treatment Center

244 Highwatch Road
Effingham NH 03882

Green Mountain Treatment Center Philosophy

Located on 72 acres, with a tranquil view of the New Hampshire lakes and White Mountains, Green Mountain Treatment Center provides an optimal location for recovery. We offer gender separate, addiction treatment for adults.

At the heart of our treatment program is our clinical team. We utilize master’s level clinicians to deliver our unique integrated treatment approach. Our clients experience individual therapy, therapeutic small process groups, specialty and experiential therapy groups, motivational interviewing, CBT and DBT modalities and EMDR trauma therapy, all within the Stages of Change Model framework. At Green Mountain Treatment Center, we rely on the gifts and talents of our clinicians to help lower barriers and prime our clients for the change process at hand, which is to internalize the daily design for living of the 12 steps, become useful and purposeful members of society and reach their personal goals.

We know that addiction affects every area of life and therefore a well balanced plan for recovery involves addressing the challenge as a complete life change. Far too frequently, we see that newcomers stop using and engage in the 12-steps, but fall short of change in other critical areas. We help them with this end-to-end transformation process through a balanced, 12-step driven clinical approach that encourages change in all areas of life. Through meditation, mindfulness, dietary health, and body-centered therapies such as yoga and fitness, we support the universal change that helps recovery flourish and gives our men and women the opportunity for a full, healthy life.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Medical Detox and Residential Programing

Gender Separate Programs

Co-Occuring Treatment

Russell Beebe, LMHC, MLADC

Clinical Director

Russell brings a tremendous amount of experience and clinical expertise to Green Mountain Treatment Center. Russell has been working in the fields of addiction and mental health since 2009 and specializes in sex addiction, substance abuse, and food addiction. Russell has an integrative holistic approach to counseling which combines therapeutic techniques with twelve step principles, spirituality, and mindfulness. “I utilize 12-Step facilitation, motivational interviewing, and mindfulness as tools to help people develop self-awareness and therefore better mental health. I believe strongly that my ability to help others hinges on the cultivation of wellness in my own life which I seek through my own practice of meditation, yoga, and the 12-Steps.”

Dr. Susana Lugo, MD

Medical Director

ABOUT GREEN MOUNTAIN TREATMENT CENTER

Located in scenic Effingham, N.H., Green Mountain Treatment Center is an addiction treatment facility offering services for adults. The facility adheres to the 12 Step model for recovery, making Green Mountain Treatment center one of 39 facilities to facilitate the 12-Step model in New Hampshire.

Green Mount, one of 10 detoxification centers in New Hampshire (15 percent), uses physician managed, medical detoxification to treat substance abuse in its patients.

Green Mountain abides by the Stages of Change model. Hence, the facility utilizes various forms of therapy, including individual therapy, therapeutic small process groups, specialty and experiential therapy groups. Additionally, the treatment modalities of motivational interviewing (MI), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) are utilized depending on a patient's responsiveness and needs.

Its programming is largely based on the 12-Steps, with its web site indicating that the 12-Steps should be an active part of life, not just a treatment. Green Mountain offers aftercare options as well as referrals for intensive outpatient programs (IOP).

The team at Green Mountain consists primarily of master’s-level clinicians.

Green Mountain has a 72-acre campus with views of the White Mountains. The center offers meditation programming, dietary health, and body-centered therapies such as yoga and fitness.

To date, 19 reviewers have rated Green Mountain 4.9 stars. The reviewers cited the facility, staff, and programming as strengths. Many commented on the staff; one wrote, "Very educated staff that cared a lot about the clients at the program. I am lucky to have been a part of this process and it has truly changed my life in almost every aspect." Another wrote, "his facility has a genuine staff who Wants to see each client succeed."

On Facebook, 84 reviewers gave the facility and average of 4.6 stars, with alums echoing the sentiments of those on Rehabs.com.[1]

On Google, 17 reviewers gave a 4.1 star rating.[2] Reviewers there praised the amenities and staff.

"Great place to start your foundation for recovery. Life changing," one alum wrote.

Green Mountain accepts Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Tufts Health Plan, and Optum. Optum plans include Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, United Behavioral Healthcare (UBH), United Healthcare, Optum, and Health Plans Inc.

[1] FacebookReviews
[2]GoogleReviews

Published on July 2018

I was a hopeless junkie. They saved my life. forever grateful to be celebrating 18mos of continuous sobriety tomorrow because of their program. It was the first time I saw a female (staff member) and thought "I want to be like her". I learned about myself, others and the power of God in my life. Forever indebted

Amazing facility and compassionate, qualified staff. This program brings hope to clients and families and provides a pathway to recovery that works.

The staff at Green Mountain Treatment Center are what set it apart from other facilities out there. They go above and beyond and truly love the work they do there.

Staff is caring and compassionate. Very relate-able program to be in as most of the staff are in recovery themselves. The 12-step based program is great and structure is perfect for someone looking for long term recovery.

An amazing team of professionals that care so deeply about getting people well.

The treatment experience at the facility is second to none. The staff go above and beyond to deliver an experience that is not only effective, but welcoming and attractive.

GMTC helped mold me into the person I am today. This facility has a genuine staff who Wants to see each client succeed. They�ll do whatever it takes and I am truly blessed to have attended their for 30 days.

I received services that were never offered at any other rehab I attended. Guidance with the twelve steps. I was able to build relationships with the staff who shared there own experience with recovery.

Green Mountain is a place where people go to get well. The staff and clinical team help guide broken individuals through there process of early recovery. They truly care about the people and the outcome. The best part of being a part of this team is seeing transformations happen on a daily basis. As a person in Recovery myself, I know how vital it is to feel like you can relate to people to are guiding you through the fear in the beginning. GMTC has a very unique and special peer to peer support woven throughout the program. This holds depth and weight for the person struggling. I wouldn�t be sober today if I didn�t have someone in Recovery guiding me through and pushing me to walk through the fear that held me captive in addiction.

This program changes lives! The staff is dedicated to helping people find recovery. I highly recommend this facility.

Great. All areas are strengths

Far better than most. holistic, spiritual, real recovery!

Staff is amazing at GMTC. Helpful and kind. The staff are the absolute strength. They are kind and caring and have the best interest of the client.

Green Mountain Treatment Center offers an amazing foundation for recovery and life, through use of the 12 steps, clinical and medical services.

I detoxed at GMTC, and they provided outstanding care in every aspect. Staff made sure that I was eating and hydrating, checked in on me frequently (as I was a seizure risk), were friendly, and provided a comfortable setting and environment.

Staff was great. They really care. Lucky to be a client here, even luckier to be an employee here! The team I work with is an amazing group of people and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it.

Green Mountain Treatment Center helped me discover meaning and purpose in my life. I arrived broken after years of trying to stop drinking and using drugs a variety of different ways but never with any sort of success. At GMTC I was given a design for living that works in rough going and I have been clean and sober ever since. I can�t articulate my gratitude for Green Mountain Treatment Center.

There is a fundamental difference between �sobriety� and �recovery�. Green Mountain harnesses 12-step centered philosophies combined with clinical services to attack the disease of mind, body, and spirit from all angles. I�ve personally seen clients enter the facility, nervous fear-driven individuals in the depths of despair, emerge on the other side brimming with hope and a newfound love of life. While Green Mountain may not provide hot-stone massages and infinite pools for their clientele, they constantly strive to lay out a solution to a progressive, chronic, and fatal illness. One only needs to possess the honesty and willingness to do the work, and their life will transform.