Hanley Center at Origins

933 45th Street, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33407

4.2

About the Facility

In tropical West Palm Beach, Florida, Hanley Center at Origins offers a wide variety of addiction recovery services based on the latest research and techniques in treating addiction and behavioral disorders. Hanley Center offers treatment for all adult men and women, and designs its programs based on age to cater to the variables of each stage of life. Hanley Center’s treatment programs feature both clinical and alternative therapies, allowing clients to achieve full, holistic recovery, and live satisfying lives free of addiction. From detoxification and medical stabilization to individualized treatment and continuing-care planning, Hanley Center at Origins is proud to offer innovative and effective treatment programs designed by professional experts.

Superior Onsite Medical Care

Superior on-site medical services contribute to Hannah's House's renowned reputation as a leader in drug and alcohol addiction treatment. From medical detoxification that is safe and comfortable to the treatment of concurrent medical conditions, the addiction specialists at Hannah's are committed to guiding you, your loved one, or your patient on the path to wellness. We match innovative and evidence-based addiction treatment practices with medical care that is headed by doctors who understand addiction. Our multidisciplinary team includes skilled nurses, psychiatrists, and medical doctors.

Advanced Psychological Services and PNP

Hanley Center's team provides cognitive restructuring based on leading edge research on the brain’s capacity to restructure and renew itself. Headed by renowned psychologist, this multidisciplinary team of professionals collaborates to find solutions to the variety of challenges in a person’s neurological and psychological development. Psychological services programs include rigorous psychological testing and evidence-based therapies such as biofeedback, neurotherapy, and sleep protocols.

• Psychological and medical services, including acute medical care
  • Age-specific treatment
  • Gender-separate treatment

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT FLORIDA: HANLEY CENTER AT ORIGINS

Through multiple locations in Florida and Texas, Origins Behavioral HealthCare provides a continuum of treatment services for individuals who are struggling with substance abuse along with being one of 362 (50.6 percent) centers in the state with programming for co-occurring mental health disorders. The Hanley Center, located in West Palm Beach, Fla., provides residential treatment, intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and standard outpatient treatment for adults, baby-boomers, and seniors. It is also one of the state's only 73 (10.2 percent) non-hospital treatment facilities with detoxification services available onsite.

According to the facility's website, clients undergo a comprehensive, seven-day assessment process, upon admission. They receive a physical exam as well as psychological, emotional, and behavioral evaluations. Staff use assessment findings to create an individualized care plan for each client. For those who are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, medically monitored detox is available.

Most clients are referred to residential treatment and remain on-site for 30 to 90 days. Treatment is usually gender-specific, but co-ed groups are available to baby boomers and adults 65 years and older.

Age-specific programming addresses generational concerns, but all clients are introduced to the 12-Steps and participate in individual, group, and family counseling. The center utilizes a variety of treatment modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing, and other holistic methods, such as adventure therapy.

Additionally, residents are educated in relapse prevention and are provided with a customized continuing care plan. The center provides outpatient care that may be used as stand-alone or step-down treatment.

According to the organization’s website, the multidisciplinary team includes physicians, psychologists, nurses, master’s-level clinicians, licensed therapists, adventure therapists, and a nutritional staff. Of the over two dozen individuals polled to date, the 14 Rehabs.com survey respondents to date polled on the matter provided extremely positive feedback for the center's staff.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.7/5

The center can accommodate up to 84 clients at a time in its homelike residential facilities. While most clients share sleeping quarters with one or more people, some private rooms are available. All clients have access to an on-site swimming pool, gym, and landscaped jogging paths. Additional wellness services, including acupuncture and massage, are available upon request. The 14 individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the matter awarded high ratings for center's quality and its amenities.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.9/5
Leisure, Exercise, and Extracurricular Options: 4.4/5

The seven alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date provided mixed reviews of this facility. Four alumni provided positive reviews. Barbara liked the structure of the program and found both the staff and food to be “excellent."

Alum R.L.G. gave five out of five stars in a number of categories, including when asked if they would recommend the treatment center, treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities along with meals and nutrition. "The counselors and staff are extremely knowledgeable about addiction and recovery &extremely caring," this former client wrote. Another anonymous alum was pleased to find "RNs' around the clock," despite wishing there were more structured activities.

In a neutral review, alum Flag echoed this concern with lack of holistic offerings, writing: "Hanley is basically an expensive AA meeting with very little individual therapy. Which may be ok for some. Otherwise their program of good meals, massages, reflexology, followed by AA meetings and watching Ted Talks can be created pretty much anywhere."

Yet, the other two alumni provided negative feedback. Cindy described services as “overpriced” and felt that the staff was “more worried about getting more clients than helping those there to become and stay sober!” B.I.S. took issue with “add on costs that they tell you about at the end.” This reviewer also warned potential clients with physical disabilities. “Lack of medical, nursing and assistance with mobility. You are on your own,” they wrote.

Alumni reporting to secondary sites largely shared positive experiences. Awarding a 3.9 out of five-star average rating on Google, 15 reviewers praised the staff and the programming alike.[1] Similar positivity was shared by 55 users on the center's Facebook page, which its management does have the ability to edit, for an average of 4.5 out of five stars.[2]

Of the nine loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, six provided positive feedback, two left negative reviews, and one loved one provided neutral opinions of the Hanley Center. Based on seven reviews, loved ones gave extremely high average ratings for the amount of family participation and the likelihood they'd recommend the facility to others.

Family Participation: 4.3/5
Likelihood to Recommend: 4.1/5

"I felt very safe there, it was clean and the staff was very caring and compassionate," a loved one wrote in a representative review. Loved ones gave high ratings of at least four stars for all metrics evaluated, including holistic offerings, counseling options, and a perfect five-star rating for cleanliness.

Holistic Offerings: 4/5
Counseling Options: 3.7/5

Despite generally high overall average ratings for affordability, the cost of treatment was brought up by a loved one as a weakness of the treatment center.

The six staff members polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided positive reviews, all giving five out of five stars when asked if they would recommend the treatment center, for visitor policies, and for the amount of family participation.

Likelihood to Recommend: 5/5
Connectivity/Visitor Policies: 5/5
Family Participation: 5/5

"Hanley Center at Origins has a wonderful team of dedicated healthcare professionals, that are passionate about the work that they do," H.W. wrote in a representative review. "Origins is a beautiful manicured, secured facility with educated and caring staff to meet the clinical need of the patient," T.T. added.

One month of treatment costs $35,000, and 90 days is priced at $90,000. The center works with several insurance providers, and some financial assistance is available to those who qualify. The 14 Rehabs.com survey respondents polled on the matter generally approved of programming costs.

Affordability: 4.1/5

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/HanleyCenter/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Accreditations & Licenses
  • NAATP
  • CARF
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.2/5
    4.3/5
    3.7/5
    4.6/5

• CBK
    This place is very attractive and the food is wonderful It is a glorified AA with an strong emphasis on making money off clients. I don't recommend unless you have $75,000 to spare. Often more because they have add ons.
  • HH
    The positives are that the facilities and food are excellent. The treatment is self care. The patients basically run the programs with very little input from staff. Medical care is excellent. Except for psychiatry which is almost non-existent. Expensive but worth it if staff was more involved. Never a better example of the worst cases getting most attention.
  • P.B.
    It is a fancy, luxury place with 12 step program. Ok. Not great.
  • MJ
    If you truly want or need help send your loved ones to Texas south padre island origins, they actually care about you and your well being. They have the education and truly want to help you and want you to succeed. This place Tao/Hanley is a terrible place filled with contradictions, ask you to do one thing then do another. My mission here was to get a job, manage money, learn to shop, prepare meals, work aa meetings, sponsor and have a sober program to live a sober life. I have got a job and now they have made it a difficult stay, they recommend that I volunteer instead, they do not work with my schedule. Before I got a job they told me that I would never get a job with what I have on, I went and got a job at a 5 star French restaurant in the same clothes, the same day. My chef is more willing to work with my schedule than this place. I have asked that I could do meditations at 6 am and go to aa meetings at 7 cause it is difficult to make noon meetings cause when I meet with my counselor at 9 the ra's would rather wait till the whole group is done at 1, so I miss a whole week of noon meetings. The meditations are terrible, people sleep and snore, this is my time with my HP and helps my inner peace and is basically a 5 min. Moment of silence with snoring. My counselor bullied his way into dropping my sponsor cause are schedule did not match to meet up but we called each other daily and gave me objectives like humble myself, get a humbling job, read Dr. Opinion and talk about it. My counselor said we could face time, the rebuddled it and said I need a new one. He has 12 years sober and has helped but I have to drop him cause he can't sign a paper weekly. The sponsor they recommended no one can reach him and has stopped coming to meetings, so I picked this one. But now I have to switch again. I picked another one and now they take forever to get the paper for me to sign so its in their computer. I suffer from paranoia and of I don't do exactly what they want they threaten me saying they will phase me down and will lose my job or they will kick me out for not following their treatment plan, when I have done a lot and more than willing. If I don't do exactly what they want me to, when I am doing what they want, except minor changes to meet what they want in a successful manner. They honestly set you up to fail or loss you off to get a reaction so they can extend you longer. I have done 90 days at origins spi, txt very beneficial, I also have a kinesiology degree, a year left to be a special needs teacher, my friend died and asked me to make sure his little girl goes to college. So I am doing everything I can cause I know I suffer from depression and spi, tx has helped so much finding the right medication for me cause I have a chemical imbalance. I did not know that a anti depression medication could cause psychosis but spi, txt has educated me on that and has done a wonderful job getting me back to normal. This place just are some wanna be Gods, that will take your money...
    It was a good center for detox and rehac if you wanted to work the program. RNs' around the clock. too much free time.
    Hanley is a decent place, very nice people, but certainly not for all. If someone wants or needs anything custom or specific for therapy, look elsewhere. Hanley is basically an expensive AA meeting with very little individual therapy. Which may be ok for some. Otherwise their program of good meals, massages, reflexology, followed by AA meetings and watching Ted Talks can be created pretty much anywhere. The center is extremely financially oriented to the point of embarrassment of how often they ask for money or parents money or other very quick payment methods. Cannot say it is a bad place, but certainly not generally effective, nor a compelling place for the help many need. Unfortunately for similar people that have been to several name places, this would be at the bottom of the list.
  • KD
    Great place and has an amazing family program .
  • Vickie
    The family education program is truly useful and amazing! The counselors are very affective in their delivery of how addiction is a brain disease and how it is a family disease. The programs teaches families skills to help their loved ones help themselves in the recovery process. Hanley at Origins is a very inviting campus. We got the opportunity to interact with clients and get their perspective as to how the disease impacted their lives and a chance for families to also share how addiction of a loved one has effected their lives as well. Better understanding for all parties of the disease and also the recovery process upon release. Very informative family week, so happy we made the trip to FL to attend! Origins gives us real hope for recovery and sobriety!
  • David L.
    A grateful review of thanks. Closing out my 19th year of sobriety with gratitude to the staff and facilities at Handley. I got the support, the tools and the encouragement to do the work needed to rebuild my life here and I look forward to visiting on my next visit to Florida. Thanks guys.
  • Joanna
    My son had been through about six treatment centers or more prior to Hanley Center, so whatever it is they are doing it RIGHT, 10 years of drug abuse, it is more than apparent they teach what is needed, yes my son has to do his part, but Hanley at Origins taught him there is life without drugs and I thank them for giving me my son back.
  • Jeanne
    Good facility, great nursing staff, and fabulous food. However, do not go to Hanley if your addiction is benzodiazepines, such as Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Valium. Treatment for these substances takes a long, long time. If you are suffering from benzos, the better path is a self-help online group. Hanley is for alcohol addiction.
  • mb
    I did a 90 day stay. Only saw the psychiatrist once in 90 days. Was told many falsehoods at admission. PNP was huge joke. Food was great! Gained a ton of weight. (ouch) Some really good people though. Just hard when your therapist leaves ( 3 left while I was there) .
  • BS
    I would recommend Hanley with reservations. 1) the curriculum leans very heavily on the 12 Steps and the belief in a god. If you are a mature/experienced agnostic or atheist I would recommend this facility with great reservation. 2) while there is an attempt to educate multi-generational clients, I found many of the instructors and material catering mostly to the 40 and under age groups. For the money spent, I feel that the educational component of this facility should be at a higher grade level than what I experienced. That said, the staff is very caring and considerate and the accommodations are comfortable and well maintained.
    Well kept, relaxing atmosphere, experienced staff. The facility is well maintained and has a calm, positive air about it
    Nice setting, not sterile-clinical-hospital type of place. Staff is concerned. Extras, like bookstore, available All seemed positive Good combination of informational, spiritual, inspirational approach to addiction rehab
  • GA
    This is a great facility with an outstanding staff that care.. How ever their billing practices are questionable. We paid up front for all services and six months later still waiting for refunds for what our insurance paid.
  • AC
    Personal individualized treatment that depicts loving kindness and compassion for the patient and family. Alot of staff tend to get alot of information about the client and it seems to create tension on campus. The treatment team is exceptional, the way they sift through information and help my friend focus on the behaviors and attitudes needed for long term sobriety are bar none. The admsisions team worked with her and scholarship-ed my friend, and gave her another chance at a good healthy life. i am forever grateful for their generosity and attention to my friend who could not afford treatment on her own. The doctors are top notch and helped her to see that her use of medications to treat pain is causing more damage. Thank you so much to Hanley Center and staff. Thank you
  • nwh
    The staff does not present certifications or qualification on the website. They really seem more interested in serving great food than helping people stay sober. The addictionologists are sometimes former addicts. What do they psychiatrists do???
  • Dan
    Hanley Center is by far the best treatment center I ever attended, and the simple yet thorough approach they employ (straight out of the AA book, emphasis on sponsorship and steps, explanation of the disease concept as related to body, mind and spirit, and boiling my problems down to a spiritual malady) really helped me finally grasp the work I needed to do to finally recover. As a veteran of multiple treatment centers in Illinois, i could literally go on for hours about why Hanley center is a superior program. Beautiful campus, staff that\'s mostly all in recovery, AA guru on site often, and mostly interesting and accomplished clients. I\'ve struggled to stay sober since 2008 because I wasn\'t relating to the basic recovery concepts that are made so accessible at Hanley. I have stayed sober since going and have at least 7 or 8 friends from there who I stay in touch with that are still sober and know of several more (this is miraculous compared to other Tx centers where I would commonly lose touch with everyone within a couple months). Also, I now work at a treatment center helping adolescents, which is the job of my life and a dream come true. If you have the resources, I can attest this place will help as long as you go in wanting it!
    Location, quality staff were good but overpriced
  • Terry
    Extremely dedicated team of Professionals who always go beyond the call of duty to meet the needs of patients and their families. Not everyone can afford services. I love working for such a passionate, dedicated serious company who treats their employees like family.
  • A M
    Compassionate employees. Patients are treated as if they are employees loved ones.
  • T T
    12 step base as well as qualified staff. Minimal accessibility for handicap. Origins is a beautiful manicured, secured facility with educated and caring staff to meet the clinical need of the patient.
  • D H
    Professional, caring staff. Communication within departments was a weakness. Origins facilities and locations are undeniably great! Dedication by key personnel are evident in the way the clients are treated daily and given personal attention.
  • Jim
    Committed staff, heavy 12 Step emphasis, professional in all aspects. Financial barriers are not easily overcome I am extremely proud to be associated with Origins. It enjoys a great reputation among most professionals in the field.
  • Hailey
    Hanley Center at Origins has a wonderful team of dedicated healthcare professionals, that are passionate about the work that they do. Hanley Center is a beautiful facility located in sunny south Florida, they have a great staff, and they always seem to have the clients best interest at heart.
  • M P C
    Highly qualified medical and clinical staff. I felt very safe there, it was clean and the staff was very caring and compassionate
  • justice
    While Hanley may be a good treatment center, they do not treat employees well. This is not a fraudulent post. Human Resource personnel are a joke and do many bad things in the way they handle employees. Of course this post will be removed, since the truth hurts...and they don\'t seem to be about the truth anyway. The worst part is they say they want to help recovered addicts, but then mess with their lives in the way they treat them.
  • Rebecca
    My daughter had a remarkable time at the Hanley Center and I was amazed with the quality of the staff.
  • MF
    I was not a patient there. It seemed like a nice place.
  • RLG
    the counselors and staff are extremely knowledgeable about addiction and recovery &extremely caring.
  • ASK
    Great over reliance on AA and nothing else. Programs are boring and repetitive. Rule changes occur at whim of directors without discussion. Facilities good, food excellent, staff a mixed bag.
  • Barbara
    Excellent staff and food. It was a well structured program. However, it was too expensive.
  • bd
    Hanley Center is over priced. I feel the program profiles people by age, not by personality or needs. After care was lacking.
    Daytime activities geared to help with living on your own after rehab. I enjoyed the structured sessions and decent meals. However, the staff not always readily available.
  • aj
    Too segregated regarding age. Does not offer alternative methods of recovery. Poor aftercare.
  • Cindy
    I believe this facility was extremely over priced and more worried about getting more clients than helping those there to become and stay sober!
  • anonymous
    Way to expensive for services promised and not received.
  • anonymous
    Offered seminars and workshops to involve family members.
  • BIS
    Way too expensive. Too many add on costs that they tell you about at the end. No empathy for physical disability Lack of medical, nursing and assistance with mobility. You are on your own. Had to pay privately for sessions with dietician and psychiatrist