Hannah's House by Origins in South Padre Island, TX

4405 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island TX 78597

Hannah's House by Origins Philosophy

Hannah’s House by Origins is a dual diagnosis residential addiction treatment center “by women, exclusively for women.” This boutique program combines extraordinary bayside living accommodations with sophisticated clinical and medical care. The staff at Hannah’s House by Origins is dedicated to helping women begin to heal by compassionately tending to the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual issues that exacerbate addiction.

• Trauma Therapies
    Women are much more likely to have been the victims of trauma, abuse or neglect than their addicted male counterparts. Hannah's House uses an evidence-based, trauma-informed treatment curriculum that is individualized to meet the needs of every woman who seeks refuge and recovery. Modalities at Hannah's House include EMDR and other unique therapies.

• Advanced Psychological Services and PNP
    Hannah's House's team provides cognitive restructuring based on leading edge research on the brain’s capacity to restructure and renew itself. Headed by renowned psychologist, this multidisciplinary team of professionals collaborates to find solutions to the variety of challenges in a person’s neurological and psychological development. Psychological services programs include rigorous psychological testing and evidence-based therapies such as biofeedback, neurotherapy, and sleep protocols.

Ongoing continuing care and aftercare support

Engaging family program

Long-term treatment experience

ABOUT HANNAH’S HOUSE BY ORIGINS

Located on Texas’ South Padre Island, Hannah’s House by Origins is one of several upscale rehab programs throughout Texas and Florida run by Origins Behavioral Healthcare. It provides residential treatment exclusively to women struggling with substance use disorder, mental health problems, and co-occurring disorders. The facility also provides medical detox, which is available in just 8.4 percent of residential treatment facilities in Texas.

Women enrolled at Hannah’s House by Origins begin with a comprehensive assessment to determine an appropriate course of treatment. Length of treatment varies, however clients typically stay anywhere from 30 to 90 days,

The facility is among the 48 percent of treatment centers in Texas to provide programming specifically tailored to women. Treatment combines the 12 Steps with both evidence-based and trauma-informed approaches, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), the latter of which is offered by less than half (44.1 percent) of all treatment facilities in Texas.

The rehab also offers experiential activities such as psychodrama, equine therapy, and arts and adventure therapy, as well as psychiatric care, medication management, and medical supervision when needed. All clients who successfully complete the program receive comprehensive aftercare support.

The staff includes physicians**, nurses, master’s-level therapists, and licensed chemical dependency counselors.

Women share well-appointed rooms in a 35-bed, resort-style facility overlooking the bay. Amenities include gourmet meals, an outdoor pool, and a gym. Cell phones, laptops, and other electronic equipment are not permitted during treatment.

The majority of clients polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing (three out of four) gave Hannah's House positive feedback. All three noted that the treatment was comprehensive and effective, and that the staff were top-notch."I saw a medical staff member every day during my treatment and was given excellent suggestions for after care. The staff and counselors at Origins are caring, professional and extremely knowledgeable," Jennifer wrote in a representative review.

Stephanie, the one negative reviewer, claimed that the facility's online marketing was misleading.

The two loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date both gave Hannah's House positive feedback. Alison praised the rehab for it's comfortable facility, its family-like environment, and it's 12-step programming, while L.C. reported that the program greatly helped her daughter and wrote: "I feel truly blessed I was able to send my daughter to such a wonderful place.

Programming costs $38,000 per month and $100,000 for 90 days. The facility accepts private insurance, but offers no financial assistance.

Published on June 2019

I went through Hannah’s House December 2016. I’m glad I waited to give my review. When I was new to sobriety I was so angry because I was getting sober but my actions made my life fall apart. So nothing at Hannah’s House made me happy then. Now I can see the tools they provide, the pace they keep, is so beneficial in maintaining sobriety. The staff from the top to the bottom were awesome. There was a extreme employee turn over rate for RA’s. The one complaint I have is they lock you out every where! I guess they are short staffed so they can’t keep up with everyone? No reason to lock adults out of our rooms. I guess it’s too hard for staff to their job? Know where everyone is? Sure some women aren’t going to listen, the rooms are way too small to have 3 people. The bathroom for 3 people was the size of a postage stamp. I literally could not turn around in the shower comfortably. The sinks to the bathroom are just free standing in the bedroom. For 38 k a month , I’m not sure where all the money is? It’s not in the furniture. Or the transportation. For the price the accommodations aren’t worth it. But if you are there to get sober, they got your back.

Ld

If this is the so called loving rehab in Tennessee, it is a lie and a joke.

Tammy

What to no more about it because my mom drinks alot and pops pills

MBM

Excellence in what they do. All female. No nonsense yet completely support approach. Commitment to treating the individual. Beautiful place, high quality food, caring staff... No step down program. Would have been nice to continue IOP and begin to live, work on one's own gradually in the area. My loved one was willing to be treated perhaps everyone does not feel that way but I credit this facility with saving her life and teaching her to live and love without substance.

Allison

Amazing Facility, Very Nice House - Close Knit Feel, Great accountability, amazing 12 step program.

LC

I am so great full for the entire staff. My 21 year old daughter just left today .The changes that she made are a blessing. She has said nothing but wonder full complements about the staff. I went to a family weekend and learnd so much and the staff was extremely helpful and welcomeing..I feel truly blessed I was able to send my daughter to such a wonderful place..

Stephanie

Be careful of what they advertise on their website and during admissions. 1. There is no pool 2. There are no experiential outings 3. No acupuncture however massages are offered once a week for 30min for an additional $50 4. You do NOT ride horses simply put a halter on 5. The food is aweful 6. Cannot get your hair or nails done the entire length of stay 6. Major favoritism if you are a lesbian 7. The gym is at the men\'s campus and small, at best 8. Tons of drama 24/7 in this house 9. $1,000 a day and extremely hard to get out of your contract

Jennifer

I wanted a treatment center that provided psychological care along with the tools for addiction recovery and Origins delivered. I saw a medical staff member every day during my treatment and was given excellent suggestions for after care. The staff and counselors at Origins are caring, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this treatment center.