Healing Transitions - Women's Campus in Raleigh, NC

GED Classes
AA/NA Meetings
Family Program

ABOUT HEALING TRANSITIONS – WOMEN’S CAMPUS

Formerly known as The Healing Place of Wake County, Healing Transitions is a nonprofit rehab located in Raleigh, N.C. The treatment center specializes in providing peer-based recovery services to homeless and underserved adults struggling with addiction. Healing Transitions offers a continuum of care, including overnight emergency shelter, outpatient recovery and family services, and gender-specific residential treatment at its four Raleigh locations. In addition, the rehab provides assessments for courts, full DWI services, and private case management.

The women’s facility, located near the Raleigh-Durham airport, offers a 12-step oriented, peer-run social model recovery program to inspire homeless individuals to obtain a meaningful and productive life. It also provides non-medical detoxification services 24/7.

To enter the recovery program, clients must be at least 18 years old, homeless, and a resident of Wake County. The program typically lasts between 12 and 18 months and consists of five phases: Motivation and Engagement Track 1 and Track II, Commit to Recovery Track I and Track II, and Healing Transitions Alumni. As individuals move through the program, they are given more responsibility and privileges. Participants must attend Recovery Dynamics classes and 12-step meetings throughout their stay.

To become a Healing Transitions alum, one has to meet all goals and assignments of each prior phase. Requirements entail: finding a job, turning in a weekly budget, volunteering at Healing Transitions for at least 30 days, and finding a place to live. Alumni can visit the facility 24/7, where they can get meals, teach classes, and take part in community meetings.

The facility’s treatment team is led by a licensed social worker and certified substance abuse counselor.

At first, living arrangement in the women’s program are simple. Participants get a bed to sleep and a place to store their personal belongings. By the end of the program, participants have a two-person room with a bathroom, three daily meals at the facility, a SafeLink cell phone for employment and housing purposes, a midnight curfew (later on the weekends), and daily use of a laundry room. They also get access to exercise equipment, TV, and books.

Alumni reviews are mainly positive. Of the four former clients polled by Rehabs.com to date, three provided consistent top five-star ratings for overall effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.

One of them, Karan, also offered top five-star ratings for staff support and the quality of individual and group counseling. She told Rehabs.com: “This facility addressed my character defects along with the addiction go to the web site and go take a tour to see for yourself. I have been sober/clean 3 yrs.” Gwendolyn wrote: "This place was all that I need, because it change my life , I finish the 12 step program and today I'm clean and sober for 3years,”

Whereas these alumni gave the facility the highest five stars in the three major categories of the survey, as noted, alum M.R. rated them the lowest one star. She described her experience as: “absolute worst and unfair treatment. ”

The center’s Facebook page, which may be vetted by Healing Transitions, boasts positive reviews, averaging 4.9 out of five stars based on 37 reviews . “They helped saved my life!” Jeanine wrote. [1]

Feedback received by Rehab.com from loved ones is mixed with one overall positive review and two negative. Gwen, the child of a former client, gave high marks for the facility’s quality of treatment and family involvement, despite her mother’s later relapse.

An anonymous loved one gave only two out of five stars for treatment effectiveness and one star for counseling options and staff experience. And P.M. wanted Rehabs.com to know: “When I dropped my granddaughter off at Healing Transitions, no one ever sat down with us to answer our many questions, and now I am working hard to get her out of that place.”

Proceeds from the facility’s thrift store, called Recovered Treasures, as well as donations fund Healing Transitions’ programs. As a result, services are free to participants.

1. https://www.facebook.com/Healing-Transitions-Womens-Campus-138015119607202/reviews/

Published on October 2017

This place was all that I need, because it change my life , I finish the 12 step program and today I'm clean and sober for 3years. I thank the Healing Transition of wake co.

THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TIME TO TRANSITION...

They let her sign herself out in 2 days and didn't give our money back.

Absolute worst and unfair treatment.

When I dropped my granddaughter off at Healing Transitions, no one ever sat down with us to answer our many questions, and now I am working hard to get her out of that place. You don't turn an addict out on the streets on the weekends to fend for themselves!

She is still using