High Point Treatment Center - Plymouth Campus in Plymouth, MA

Family Support
Aftercare Planning
Expressive Therapy

ABOUT HIGH POINT TREATMENT CENTER – PLYMOUTH CAMPUS

High Point Treatment Center (HPTC) is a Massachusetts-based provider of prevention and treatment services for chemical dependency and mental health issues.

First incorporated as a nonprofit in 1996, HPTC today runs its Plymouth Campus, home to 24-hour, physician-led detoxification services, crisis stabilization, and dual diagnosis services; the latter of which makes Plymouth Campus one of just 204 (58.1 percent) of facilities in the state that treats individuals with co-occurring disorders.

High Point Treatment Center’s (HPTC) Plymouth Campus provides comprehensive assessment and evaluation services to help clients determine an appropriate level of care.

Treatment involves individual, group, and expressive therapies as well as family involvement and family sessions. The Plymouth Campus is also one of just 247 (70.4 percent) of facilities statewide that offers 12-step meetings such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). In addition to these services, those in detox receive attention from a 24-hour, physician-led team.

Under Plymouth Campus’ clinical stabilization services, clients participate in a program of psychoeducational groups, lectures, and overdose prevention workshops. Clients also focus on relapse prevention and coping skills.

Outpatient services include group therapy, mental health and substance abuse counseling, psychiatric evaluations and family treatment. The center offers medication management and is one of just 149 (42.5 percent) of facilities statewide that makes use of Suboxone.

High Point Treatment Center employs a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, physicians, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, licensed social workers, and licensed mental health and substance abuse clinicians.

Plymouth Campus is also one of just 99 (28.2 percent) of facilities statewide that’s accredited by the Joint Commission.

Clients receiving clinical stabilization services reside at the facility’s Recovery Inn or Pathway Inn. According to photographs from its website, the Plymouth Campus is wooded and suburban.

Feedback provided by alumni was generally positive, though some focused more on the drawbacks. The 10 alumni polled by Rehabs.com on the matter expressed satisfaction with the staff and affordability of services.

Level of Staff Experience/Training: 3.7/5
Affordability: 3.9/5

“The staff was very initiative to each patient and the counselors we there daily which was nice and a lot of structure,” Kim wrote in a representative review.

Others, however, expressed their disappointment in weaknesses that included a lack of exercise options, amenities, and good food.

Exercise and Leisure Activities: 2.8/5
Level of Family Participation: 2.2/5
Holistic Offerings: 1.3/5

On Google, in addition, where HPTC has an above-average rating of 3.3 out of five stars from 15 individuals to date, one reviewer found the staff “very kind and empathetic” while another wrote: “I found the people and the facility more than adequate for my needs. [1]

The dozen or so loved ones who provided Rehabs.com with feedback on their experience at Plymouth Campus Rehabs.com focused more on program weaknesses, although with little consensus.

For some, program length, short-staffing, and lack of structure were big letdowns. Others, like Jean, accentuated a lack of “family-based therapy.” “It would be more helpful if there were more step down programs or after care treatment,” wrote Donna.

Cleanliness: 3.6/5
Exercise and Leisure Activities: 2.9/5
Holistic Offerings: 2.1/5

Despite these complaints, others highlighted the quality of staff. “Well trained staff is helpful and communicative with family,” one anonymous reviewer wrote.

Level of Staff Training and Experience: 3.7/5

Rehabs.com has mixed feedback from just three employees to date. Michael, a member of the medical staff, felt there weren’t “enough beds” but found the nurses “wonderful.”

High Point Treatment Center is one of just 263 (74.9 percent) of facilities statewide that accepts Medicaid as well as one of just 253 (72.1 percent) that accepts private health insurance. According to the nonprofit’s website, a “limited number” of Department of Public Health funded beds are available for the uninsured.

Published on May 2019

WTS

One of my relatives was a patient at the Plymouth facility for alcoholism. When my relative was released after under 1 week I couldn't believe that short of a time. They released my relative not in good condition. I would never send any relative to a place surrounded by drug addicts which it really is. I would send them to a place that specializes in alcoholism only.

Ive been trying to get into Plymouth detox for 2 weeks now calling everyday faithfully every 45 mins, somehow my name was never logged in the computer on the waiting list. Theyve overlooked me for whatever reason giving beds to others that just called...I'm going to keep calling I had to call the director to get in.. All lives matter huh??? Yea right, not in this situation.. I want to live like everyone else.

Hawk

I'm an addict that was looking for treatment and found myself at Hipoint . I checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and was pretty much thrown out on the streets by that same Thursday . just to be clear I went there desperately needing help because I'm an heroin addict... long story short I left there very upset and worse off then when I arrived. the staff was 98 % rude about the whole thing. I went there a broken man and desperate for help and ended right back on the streets. this place is terrible and I don't wish it upon any addict that truly needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST

more transistioal for people that are homeless or need more time to recover

Donna

They are very quick to get someone in need into the program. Not enough after care or step down programs, after detoxing my son was right back on the streets even after I begged his case manager to help get him into a after care program, and my son expressed how going back to the streets will only cause a relapse. Sure enough that's where he is, on the streets using once again at the age of 22. :( It would be more helpful if there were more step down programs or after care treatment.

JHP

Detox was amazing, Then over in CSS was like graduating. They found me longterm treatment quickly. However, rooms were not very clean and Dual diagnosis patients were mixed in instead of being two doors down. The counselors at Highpoint were very helpful and the facility was well run-schedules and groups. They sent me to Sheehan Womans in Tewksbury Ma, that was amazing.

Well trained staff is helpful and communicative with family. Group therapy was helpful. Former patient mentors. Some of the amenities were a little sparse. High Point's staff cared about their patients even during the difficult detox and communicated the patient's status when we weren't allowed to visit during that period. There was a nice integration back into it's community after the detox. Also the personal group and individual therapy sessions were both methodical and caring.

Very helpful. Great Staff.

Strengths: Good structure. Good people. They keep your mind occupied. Weaknesses: Food. Could be more books. It saved my life. I am happy to be clean and sober and happy that the people in the facility helped me be a better parent and person thank you.

Counseling was a strength of the facility. Maintain building was a weakness of the facility. Helpful.

Cleanliness staff is helpful welcoming explains offers programs others don't. It's just wondeful staff was great works with all family to explain what will happen when done ect ect great staff.

They were constantly cleaning, almost everyone there treated You respectfully. I had a Dr and he was very rude, condescending and treated me like a junkie. It was my first time in a rehab and he treated me like a piece of crud! Everyone else there was very very kind and respectful that I can recall.

They have me proper medication to detox. There was at least one person who seemed to really do everything he could to help. He was also in recovery. Very inspirational. It was a new building so pretty clean. The food could of been better I rem!bet being hungry because all they had for snacks was gram crackers and thiesty because they were always out of water and had really sweet koolaide mademe more thirsty. Some of the staff that were young and fairly new to recovery would pick favorite patients and ghwey gotspecial treatment. Well there's definitely better treatment places like gosnald in the cape heard they treat you very well. Have excellent food and take recovery very seriously.

Location was a strength. Didn't work for my family member.

Kms

My daughter went there seeking help desperately. My daughter begged to be sent to the step down program after the 5 day detox and was told sorry No beds. She asked to be placed in a different affiliated facility and was told again sorry No beds. On the day of her release her councilor said he needed an address for her because if no one was there to claim her by noon he was shipping her out in livery van! She advised him she was homeless due to her situation and had no where to go, he then proceeded to google the local hospital address and in put that as her home address and said there was nothing else he could do. My daughter reached out and begged for HELP. She is a human being who has made poor choices but NO ONE should be shipped out of a drug facility when they are pleading for help like garbage. My daughter and I were able to get her into a long term facility the next day after many phone calls. I can only hope and pray that someone reads my review and some serious overhauling with their supposed councillors etc is done ASAP ....perhaps it will save someone else's child!!

Jean

No strengths exist; they would not let the family be involved at that time (2007) and after 5 days they just let you walk out the door. Do not treat patients well-- no family based therapy.

ALM

Support from the nurses was excellent, routine and guidelines were followed as promised in intake. However, it was dirty, ... no family visitation, and some groups were ridiculous and off topic. In my opinion this facility was unhelpful. ... The counselors were never the same which kept myself from making a relationship I could depend on during this hard time. While they offered a meeting twice a day or "commitment" I would have felt more comfortable in a one on one session to be included.

Overall, they offer above average care to patients. However, the program should be long; time is of the essence with addiction so the longer the program lasts the better for the patient and their sobriety.

The counselors were great...

Jocelyn

They stress aftercare, which was nice. However, it was hard to talk to a counselor because they are short staffed and they ignored my medical attention

Highpoint needs to reformat their "treatment" of addicts. It is not supposed to be a process center. Highpoint is a revolving door for drug addicts to come and go through state funding to keep these addicts comfortable until their state check comes. However, it is nice that drug addicts don't suffer from withdrawals while waiting for their state check.

Joseph

It's a decent place. The food was good and you could eat pretty much whenever you wanted. But I felt it was too short of a detox and the meds didn't help. There were good groups, they were very positive and strict. However, there was a lack of counseling and not enough aftercare options.

Earl

They let me rest when I needed to and they helped me get back on the meds I needed. They have many great groups.

Evan

They have a strict 12- step solution that is wonderful. However, they need more time for an addicted person to get back. I would recommend it as far as rehabs go!

Kim

The staff was very initiative to each patient and the counselors we there daily which was nice and a lot of structure. There was support, in house meeting and multiple levels to meet each need. However, there was a lack of exercise and it is a smoking unit.

Michael

The staff nurses were wonderful; however, there were not enough beds.

anonymous

Not a very nice place. Was very run down.

anonymous

Too many people. It only kept me away from drinking

anonymous

went somewhere else since relapsed 2 days after I left.

Good place to recover