Home With A Heart

220 James Mattison Road, Liberty, South Carolina, 29657

About Home With A Heart

The Home With A Heart is a cost-free residential substance abuse treatment center for chemically-dependent men struggling with addiction. Utilizing a Christ-centered approach to addiction treatment, The Home With A Heart offers an intensive eight-week residential program based on biblical principles, daily devotions, and the 12 Steps of Recovery. The Home With A Heart is a non-profit addiction treatment facility and is supported through the generosity of local sponsors.

12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Residential Treatment

• Daily Devotions
  • Group Bible Sessions
  • 12-Step Principles

• Kc
    I was totally not impressed with my son's interview. . While he was filling his application out, the interviewer was talking about hisself..not talking to my son or asking him questions. Another man came in and said he would be coming to the center on the 29th if september.. we were taken on a very short tour,basically pretty quick. Assuming my son was going in, called this morning and said that he needed to go somewhere else. He gave him three different# to call.. I feel like if they had been more upfront and not wasted our time. . Oh the interviewer, was within 3 more weeks of graduation. .
  • Wka
    my son did so good when he was there. Unfortunately after he left, less than 6 months, he was right back where he started. I feel the program should be at least a year long. I realize the addict is the one at fault. This is an excellent program, just feel it should be longer.
  • Shannon
    Home with a Heart is and will always have a special place in my heart. It gave me my life back. And I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about getting there life back.. Suck it up cupcake!!
  • Lisa
    Meals: Carbs mostly, and anyone in the industry knows addicts need extra nutrition to recover from the ravages on their body imposed by drugs and alcohol. Counselors are RECENTLY recovered addicts, many with less than a year clean themselves. This is a \"good ol\' boy\" facility, if you\'re not white, BEWARE. They USE the addicts that come in to do extreme amounts of labor... plus they get food stamps and serve sub standard meals, so they\'re making bank when you really add it all up....donations they take in, labor and food stamps they collect. Most of all, after exposure to the program, it is clear that much of their program is not based on industry standards, but is set up and run by non professionals who do it the way they want to, and some of what they do is questionable. We do not recommend this program to those serious about getting clean and staying clean...it\'s a fly by the seat of your pants organization. Free is not a good thing in this case, but is more like desperate people who literally have nowhere to go can at least get a roof over their head. We are praying for the Lord to rectify the many things we know are sub standard about this organization and their program and their \"limited clean time counselors\" that are supposed to help others get clean, because they are doing this in God\'s Name, and that upsets us significantly. We know specifics and we want that those who do what they do and don\'t do here are made to answer for their conduct and greedy ways. Most of all, if you or a loved one are sincere about getting clean, look elsewhere to ensure your needs are met.
  • Not happy
    This place is a joke, a bunch of hypocrites.... wouldn\'t even send my dog here.
  • James
    This place is a joke.
  • Alex
    Strengths: GREAT SUCCESS RATE OF MEN STAYING CLEAN/SOBER BECAUSE OF THE FAITH BASED PART OF THE PROGRAM. Weaknesses: AFTER CARE FINDING WORK AND TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FOR THE MEN. GREAT PLACE ITS WHERE I GOT CLEAN/SOBER.
  • Tommy
    Helped me find my problem and showed me how to move on. They showed a man can change and no longer depend on drugs or alcohol to get thru life. But the man himself has to want to change for himself. Not for mom's. Not for a wife or girl friend. Not for some judge or court official.
    They show that there is another way to living a fulfilled life without the use of drugs. They show the unconditional love of Christ, they can relate with the residents emotional and physical needs. Not enough space waiting list long at times. When you have decided that you want help and are ready to get help, this is a great place. They won't waste their time and resources on anyone who don't really want to be there. you commit to the program, they will help.
  • Tony
    Came away with my dignity and self-respect restored, along with many tools to help me deal with my addiction. This is a tough love facility, designed around a Christ based formula for total life changing rehabilitation. A powerful experience and a no brainer if taken seriously.