Hope Canyon Recovery in San Diego, CA

(5 of 5)
2821 Lange Avenue
San Diego CA 92122

Hope Canyon Recovery Philosophy

Compassion is at the core of everything we do. Hope Canyon is founded on an earnest desire to help those in need. We take the time to truly get to know you and your journey so far so we can provide the support you need to move forward. We treat you with the same care we would want to be treated. We understand because many of our staff members have been in your shoes and are prepared to help you along your own path.

Hope Canyon’s promise to you is to provide quality care in a nurturing environment that allows you to focus on the journey ahead. Our commitment is founded in our sincere belief that recovery is a community effort- no one should have to walk this path alone.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Bringing Hope to Those in Need

Fully accredited by the Joint Commission

Staffed by Licensed and Experienced Addiction Recovery Specialists

Brandon Corcoran

Facility Director

Brandon Corcoran is the facility director of Hope Canyon Recovery. Brandon oversees the day to day operations of Hope Canyon including patient care and ensuring compliance and adherence to policies and procedures. He has developed close relationships with our team of medical and clinical professionals to ensure adequate level of care are met for all clients. Brandon attended the College of Staten Island where he studied Business.

Bonni Cordoza

Clinical Director

Clinical Director, Bonni Cardoza is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Holding a Masters degree in Counseling psychology, Bonni has been licensed as an LMFT in California and Hawaii for the past 8 years. She has two decades of successful experience in mental health and substance abuse treatment, specializing in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy. Bonni Cardoza is responsible for overseeing our team of knowledgeable and experienced clinicians, case managers and behavioral therapists.Under Bonni’s guidance, our clinical team strives to meet the individual needs of each client to promote long-term success in recovery.

ABOUT HOPE CANYON RECOVERY

Located in a residential suburb of San Diego, Hope Canyon Recovery provides residential treatment, with an emphasis on medically monitored detox services, for adults struggling with chemical dependency. As such, the center is among the 15 percent of California-based facilities that offer medical detox in a residential setting. It's also among the 33.8 percent of California-based facilities that operate on a private, for-profit basis and the 13.9 percent accredited by the Joint Commission.

Upon admission, clients receive a medical exam and consultation to help clinicians form an individualized detoxification regimen. To ease the discomfort of detox and ensure clients' safety, Hope Canyon Recovery prescribes medications that have been found to ease withdrawal and provides 24-hour medical monitoring. The facility is experienced in helping people detox from Suboxone, painkillers, and benzodiazepines, among other substances.

Following detox, clients have the option to progress to the residential program. Hope Canyon stresses that its program is individualized, not one-size-fits-all. Programming draws from evidence-based methods including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), which is utilized at 50.3 percent of California-based facilities, motivational interviewing (MI), and trauma-based therapies. Residents regularly participate in individual, group, and family counseling, where they work to uncover and address the root causes of their addiction.

Clients also receive training in life skills to help them lead healthy, productive lives after treatment. These educational classes may teach coping skills, how to develop community-based support networks, how to avoid triggers, and other relapse prevention techniques. Clients may also participate in a range of holistic activities, such as faith-based counseling, yoga, recreational therapy, and weekly events and outings.

Once a client completes the detoxification process, Hope Canyon Recovery helps them to form a comprehensive discharge plan to help ensure a continuum of care for long-term sobriety. According to the facility's website, case managers may refer individuals to a longer-term residential program, outpatient-based programs, sober housing, and other resources to help clients maintain their sobriety.

Hope Canyon Recovery's team includes a psychiatrist, a licensed marriage and family therapist, and a recovery coach.

While information about the facility's accommodations and amenities is limited, photos published on Hope Canyon Recovery's website indicate that clients live in a homelike facility in a residential neighborhood, with a large garden, an outdoor ping-pong table, a full kitchen, and a lounge with a flat-screen TV.

Hope Canyon Recovery has unanimously positive feedback from alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing. The reviewers repeatedly noted that they had formed strong and sometimes lasting bonds with staff members, and that they felt staff went beyond the call of duty.

"I felt that everyone who worked there went above and beyond. My case manager made sure i stay even when things got hard and i wanted to leave," Kim wrote in a representative comment. Several reviewers were also impressed that numerous staff members are themselves in recovery, and others praised the center's treatment program more generally. A handful of reviewers even credited Hope Canyon with saving their lives.

The center also has overwhelmingly positive feedback on secondary sites at the time of this writing, with average ratings of 4.2 out of five stars based on five reviews on Yelp (including "not recommended" reviews) and perfect five stars based on 14 reviews on Google.[1] [2] By far the most common comment was that the center's staff were truly caring and helpful: "The staff is excellent and are truly friendly and easy to get along with," Ken wrote in a typical comment on Google. Other reviewers praised the physical comfort of the facility and thanked Hope Canyon for helping them achieve sobriety.

Hope Canyon Recovery accepts a range of private insurance policies.

[1] https://www.yelp.com/biz/hope-canyon-recovery-san-diego?osq=Hope+Canyon+Recovery

Published on June 2019

Leon

This place was great and it really helped me out a lot ,the staff are excellent and overall it was a great experience.

Albert

Outstanding program

Karri

I am very thankful to Hope Canyon support and therapists. I got close to many of the staff members here. They also incorporated a lot of family phone sessions which helped me fix my issues with my family back home.

thalya

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have been able to be a patient at Hope Canyon. The overall care I got and the community goes far above excellence.

Inez

Their treatment plans are effective. The staff is great and some are in recovery themselves. They listened to me and gave me time, quality care and personalized strategies to lead me to the path of recovery.

nicola

Hope Canyon is a very amazing place. Before I went here I was an alcoholic and an addict in despair. Without getting the fantastic care from all the staff here, I know I would still be a wreck. They saved my life and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Kim

I felt that everyone who worked there went above and beyond. My case manager made sure i stay even when things got hard and i wanted to leave. I definitely recommend this place if you have someone who needs to get sober too.

Helen

My brother went to be treated here and just got home from treatment. We are so thankful that Hope Canyon was there for him during the difficult times. He used to refuse going to rehab but ended up having a great experience at this place. Excellent!

AR

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Hope Canyon staff for your amazing services especially to my counselor Austin, (which I became very close to). You are essential in my recovery, thank you. I won't be where I am today without your caring support and words of wisdom.

Leanne

All their staff is well educated. I could really connect to my therapist. Their program saved my life.

Rob

Took amazing care of me and I owe him everything. I've been sober for almost a year now. They've also helped fix my relationship with my family. I am forever grateful to Hope Canyon.

Amy

I never thought I'd ever get clean but Hope Canyon helped me get sober once and for all. I came here addicted, angry, hurt, lost, and bitter but they treated me with respect. They have excellent quality of care and services. I have already recommended this place to my friends who needed help.

BON

It is very hard to find the perfect place for recovery but I'm glad I went to Hope Canyon. The staff here supported me every step of the way. Thank you HC.

Rene

The thing that sets Hope Canyon apart from the others are the employees. It makes a considerable difference in my recovery when you can feel that the staff cares about you genuinely.

Ether

Therapy was great and the rooms were clean and perfect. They have great therapists and treatment programs along with dedicated and caring staff. These are just some of the contributing factors of my sobriety now. Thanks!

Taylor

Just left this place 15 min ago. A+ in my book. Fantastic facility whether it was the compassionate doctors and staff or the Amazing food they served, it exceeded my expectations in every way.

JOHNSON

I am happy I went to this place because the staff here did a lot for me. Whether I'm complaining about my day and how I didn't feel like doing anything, they listened and understood. They would always give me the time and hear out what I have to say. I really felt like I was part of a family here.

Thomas

I wish I could have stayed at this facility longer and that it was my PHP facility. I was here for detox and residential treatment and could have not asked for anything better. Thank you!

GBrown

Overall a very good facility that was more than accommodating. Great staff and great food.

Bjorn

I came here completely unprepared but the therapists and recovery coaches made my time here enjoyable. Very nice facility too and the accommodations were great.

Suzanne

The attention that the staff gave me was fantastic and because we were a small group at the facility we really go to know one another. I really enjoyed the friendship and bond I created with the other clients.