Horizons Family Centered Recovery Program

3.7/5
    3.6/5
    3.9/5
    3.6/5

Staff were excellent. It was understandable about conditions
  • RCG
    The treatment process when I entered was still somewhat in it's infancy. At the time there was no recognition of cultural distinctions or diffrences which would have led to more personalized treatment programs. One of the issues I did appreciate is that the process kept me inhouse for 28 days. This enabled me to become chemically clean which is necessary so as to induce rational thinking. You cannot form any rational thoughts until the drugs influence is completely removed physically.
    Knowledgeable staff. Its good program but lacks family participation
    Knowledgeable staff, excellent physicians. However, it was small. Theyve helped me theough my rough detox and rehab! Now im clean!
    dedicated experienced counselors and support staff. well defined and laid out program. However, it is costly. It worked for my brother he is still sober 5 years later. The depenedency on AA and NA are a little obsessive.
  • MB
    There are AA, Al-Anon, & Ala-teen meetings on Sunday nights; many people go to the AA meetings and you really learn a lot. I've been to those meetings at Horizons and they're just wonderful.
    I was not an inpatient. I was an outpatient. I cannot really comment about accommodations in the rooms or meals outside of the one meal I was provided each day when I was there which was lunch.
    There is a 24 hour round the clock staff. However, there are not a lot of extracurriculars. There needs to be more therapy for outpatient continued care.