Human Services, Inc. in Alliance, NE

419 West 25th Street
Alliance NE 69301

Human Services, Inc. Philosophy

For more than 25 years, Human Services, Inc. has been providing the Western Nebraska area with highly effective substance abuse treatment. The rehab is continuously improving its programs for adult men and women through education and research, and is committed to offering the highest levels of care available. Services include inpatient treatment, outpatient services and transitional housing. The goal of treatment is to improve each client’s sense of spiritual awareness, as well as teach healthy coping methods designed to deal with the stresses of everyday life.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

Community Development

24 Hour Crisis Line

Interventions

Glenda L. Day, MA, LADC, NCACII, CCDCII, ICADC

Executive Director/Counselor

Photo of Glenda L. Day, MA, LADC, NCACII, CCDCII, ICADC

Glenda had been the Executive Director and a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) with Human Services, Inc since December of 1985.

Colleen S. Hood, BA, LADC, ICADC, CCJS

Assistant Director/Counselor

Colleen began working at Human Services, Inc in August of 1995. She is a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor in the state of Nebraska.

ABOUT HUMAN SERVICES, INC.

Human Services, Inc. in Alliance, Nebraska, provides short-term residential treatment, outpatient services, a transitional program, and family programming. Intensive outpatient programming (IOP) is provided for adults and adolescents. Detoxification is not available on-site.

Treatment at Human Services, Inc. begins with a substance abuse assessment. Financial arrangements and a negative TB statement must be provided prior to admission.

Length of stay in the short-term residential program is determined based on the individual’s needs. During the first two weeks of treatment, clients may not take or receive phone calls or have visitors.

The step-down program provides intensive outpatient programming (IOP) for adults and adolescents needing less structured care.

The outpatient services, which take a holistic approach to treatment, are available to those who either have had or are currently struggling with substance abuse or addiction issues.

Transitional programming is offered for up to a year. The structured housing acts as an alternative to legal confinement or to provide support to dissuade relapse.

The family program is offered both separately and combined with primary programs.

Human Services, Inc. also provides interventions and a 24-hour crisis line.

Human Services, Inc. is operated by an executive director who doubles as a licensed alcohol and drug counselor (LADC) and a small staff of other certified professionals.

Clients at Human Services Inc. will share bedrooms equipped with twin beds and an armoire, have access to meeting rooms, a kitchen, a fenced in backyard, and a ping pong table.

Most alumni commenting on Rehabs.com reported positive experiences at Human Services. Individuals praised staff and up-to-date neuroscience about addiction. “The treatment I received was wonderful. I had previous trauma that I was unable to deal with until I went to HSI. The counselors were attentive to my needs and helped me work through all my grief and trauma of my past,” A.K. wrote in a representative review.

However, alum M.H.W. reported a less favorable experience. The reviewer gave one out of a possible five stars for the facility’s accommodations, amenities, and meals and nutrition. M.H.W. indicated that treatment was not worth the cost and commented: “It was a horrible nightmare. Shaming techniques and false psychology. I hope the place burns down - they should be sued for malpractice.”

Two loved ones reported opposing experiences with Human Services, Inc. Loved one S.M. praised the facility for its effective treatment. The mother of an alum reported negative reviews regarding treatment at Human Services. The mother, Lezlie, complained of an inability to visit her son and a lack of support for religion at the facility. “If I can prevent it he will not go back there,” she wrote. The facility responded on Rehabs.com: “We understand clients have different beliefs and ideas and we encourage each to explore and grow spiritually. If a client needs a hirer level of care, he/she is transferred to that higher level.”

One former staff member gave a negative review on Indeed. The rehab tech gave Human Services, Inc. one out of a possible five stars and cited problematic staff. They wrote: “I wouldn't work here again or recommend this company to anyone else..They go through help very quickly. Management is hard to get a long with. The rules are constantly changing.” [1]

Human Services, Inc. accepts most insurance plans. The maximum discount for financial fees is 90 percent. Clients must bring $25 for an initial drug screen, $40 for laundry and phone fees, and can a maximum of $100 for toiletries and other items.

[1]https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Human-Services,-Inc/reviews?fcountry=US&floc=Alliance%2C+NE

Published on October 2017

I really got a lot out of the program and enjoyed it

I believe this a good program and I would tell other addicts about how good it is. Its helped me with my alcohol problem.

Very dedicated staff/counselors that truly care about the clients. Up to date on neuroscience and deal with a lot of the core issues. Very structured, if you want to slide by or only do the minimum then go somewhere else. Very intense and structured.

I worked for HSI twice and both times was treated with respect and understanding. I had surgery while working with HSI and the Director made sure had sufficient healing time and was genuinely concerned with my recovery from surgery. The staff was always kind and considerate.

This place saved my life. The staff are caring and stand with you in your recovery.

These post's make me sick this is a non-profit organization, meaning donations that come to them supply you with the help you obviously need... Beginning the program and then resenting this kind selfless staff while refusing to try the methods they are trained in after a lifetime of continuous school and sessions with clients, you apparently know every method and reasoning to your life choices that lead you to this facility. You are childish and petty for posting false rumors about people who take a beating from people such as you, and will continue after you leave that facility to help if you are willing to help yourself. These women spend most of their adult lives contributing more time to individuals who either were never given a chance or never gave themselfs a chance, then their own families who deserve their attention. They have delt with thousands of people with millions of challanges in their lives, few of which care for their opinion and expertise which leads them into a dark statistic of almost 70% relapse rate along with a close to matching death rate. The odds are frighteningly against the very common know it all client blaming YOUR problems... If you cannot accept that maybe there are people who can show you tuff love and turn around and show you true compassion along with a way to a potential remedy, then do them a favor and don't ask for help. For me and any addiction in my past along with my future has full faith in that facility.

Im sitting here reading these reviews and im disgusted to think people would sit there and bad talk on this facility and and the counselors there, i for my self know for a fact from being a psst client this place helps but it can only help people that want the help and alot times people came in so closed minded thinkin that they are the star and know it all. I had the privilage of working with each person there and these people and the stuff that is being said i can say is crud. This place helped me to find me again n to no let self centered people bring me down. Human services inc saved my life. And its like the serenity prayer says it works if u work it. 3 individuals in particular taught me so much. So i think that for all of the people bad talking the counselors u are obviously should have done less talk and more listening cuz you would have learned something and you would have made some of the best friends friends that care and do habe your back. One of the women is amazing n does care bout her clients and i am truely blessed to have her as my friend to this day, as are the other counselors. So for those of u who read this i strongly sujest hsi if u r looking for somewhere for treatment they changed my life and can help u change urs to.

Staff and programming is current on the neuroscience of addiction.

The treatment I received was wonderful. I had previous trauma that I was unable to deal with until I went to HSI. The counselors were attentive to my needs and helped me work through all my grief and trauma of my past.

I just received a long letter from my loved one. He has been there a little over 3 weeks now and the letter almost brought tears. I've watched him suffer from alcohol for 20 years but finally there is hope! He was very positive and greatful for his counselor. I can't tell you how very happy and thankful I am for the staff and their dedication to him. While he is sad, missing his kids, he admits he is learning so much and has hope for the future. Thank you for what you do, thank you for being there. It means the world to me to know he is getting better.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear your son is making process in his treatment and recovery. We hope he continues to grow and learn skills that will assist in his recovery.

My son has been there 3 weeks. He signed a form to allow staff to give me full access 3 times. They say he never did ! The receptionist cussed me out and I felt that the therapist insinuated I was the reason for my son's addiction. I was flabbergasted ! Being involved with my sons addiction for years and also my sister n laws you NEVER put blame on anyone else. It is part of the 12 steps. They didn't respect my son's religion. My son was committed there by the state. For dual addiction and mental health. 4 days ago he said he was suicidal. They sent him back to the hospital. Now the Dr there say he is a threat and HSI may not take him back. God I pray they send him somewhere else ! If I can prevent it he will not go back there !!!!

I'm sorry this was your experience. Human Services, Inc. strives to provide the very best care for those with addictions. We take pride in treating our clients and family with dignity and respect and accepting ownership of their addiction. We understand clients have different beliefs and ideas and we encourage each to explore and grow spiritually. If a client needs a hirer level of care, he/she is transferred to that higher level. It is our sincere hope that your son received the treatment he needed.

It was a horrible nightmare...The worst experience of my life. I could not recommend this facility... It was honestly terrible.

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience at Human Services, Inc. We ask for feedback from clients during treatment, at discharge, and after treatment so we can evaluate our services and make necessary improvements. Its my hope you gave specific feedback so we could review your point of view.

The Raleigh House of Hope