Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Pasadena, CA

Call (866) 734-4200 to Contact Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center

1450 North Lake Street
Pasadena CA 91104

Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center Philosophy

The Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center has been treating individuals plagued with substance abuse issues since 1969. The non-profit facility welcomes self-pay clients as well as a non-violent drug offenders in partnership with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department. Treatment methods are 12-Step based and supported by proven clinical practices that are continually being updated and refined. The majority of counselors on Impact’s staff are in recovery themselves, and are able to provide clients with the encouragement, support and guidance unique to fellow alcoholics and addicts.

Grief and Loss Therapy

Relapse Prevention

Individual Counseling

ABOUT IMPACT DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTER

Located in Pasadena, Calif., Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center is a residential facility for adult men and women struggling with substance abuse. The rehab admits voluntary clients, but also has two in-custody programs in partnership with the Los Angeles Sheriff's department.

Through these programs, individuals convicted of drug-related offenses are sent to the rehab instead of prison. Only non-medical detox is offered, which typically lasts three to five days. As such, the rehab is among 15 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in the state that offer residential, non- hospital detox.

Treatment programs typically are 30, 60, or 90 days depending on the needs of the client. An aftercare program is offered once clients complete residential treatment. There also is a long-term residential option that lasts four to six months, as well as an intensive outpatient program (IOP). In California, Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center is among 39.4 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities that offer an IOP.

Patients progress through three steps of treatment by reaching certain goals and benchmarks. Treatment consists of evidence based methodologies including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, individual counseling, group therapy, recovery-related reading and writing assignments, and 12-step meetings both on-site and in the community.

Specialized groups are offered for anger management, chronic relapse, gender-specific issues, parenting, food and weight issues, and grief and loss. The facility also is actively involved in the surrounding recovery community and encourages clients to participate in it as well.

Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, which places it among 13.9 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in the state with this nationally recognized credential. It employs clinicians, therapists, and program managers with specific training in co-occurring disorders, addictionology, cognitive behavior therapy, and social work. All clinical caseworkers are certified or registered with the California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC).

According to the facility’s website, the majority of staff are alumni of the program who have undergone an intensive nine-month internship before becoming employees.

The 130-bed facility sits on a two-and-a-half acre campus with residential bungalows, landscaped common areas, a garden, a café, and a store. There also is a workout room, a library, a woodshop, and an automotive garage. To date, the three individuals polled on the matter by Rehabs.com gave the facility two four-star ratings and a perfect five-star rating for its cleanliness.

Reviews from alumni of Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center submitted to Rehabs.com to date largely are positive. Alumni indicated that, although the program may be tough, it was effective.

Former clients awarded mainly perfect five stars and four out of five stars for a number of evaluated metrics, including facility cleanliness and upkeep, staff experience and training, as well as the level of staff support and client safety. As strengths of the facility, several reviewers praised the staff and comprehensive program, which both changed and saved their life, such as K.M., who wrote: “Impact has given me the tools to regain my life. If you are looking for a place that will do what is best for you and now what you think you need, then this is the place.”

One recent five-star reviewer wrote: “This was a beautiful place to get cleaN and the people were just as beatuiful to work with.” Another anonymous alum commended the facility for its “very reasonable pricing with a work to pay program.” And E.W. shared: “Everything I need to know requiring treatment of substance abuse was covered here.”

On secondary sites, the rehab received positive coverage to date: 4.3 out of five stars based on 22 reviews on Google; 4.4 stars based on 11 reviews on Yelp; 4.8 stars based on 134 reviews on Facebook, which the organization can manage. [1] [2] [3]

Many reviewers praised the food as well as the staff and highly structured program, which produced life-changing and life-saving results, as expressed by Eric: “I entered IMPACT through Drug Court. I consider it the best rehab in Southern California” and added: “I’m very grateful for my Public Defender and the Judge for letting me participate in my own recovery by attending IMPACT.” Conversely, isolated reviews characterized the rehab as unprofessional, uncaring, too strict, and overcrowded.

The one former staffer who had been a client at the facility, B.J.L., submitted highly positive feedback about the facility to Rehabs.com. They awarded five stars to most metrics in the survey, such as fair pricing, honesty, leadership quality, mental health staff, overall quality, patients’ interest, privacy, and treatment of co-occurring disorders. B.J.L. considered the staff in the program as a strength, suggested that the facility would benefit from more staff, and characterized the rehab as “The best treatment facility there is.”

According to its website, the facility offers "affordable rates, a sliding scale for those who qualify and Drug Medi-Cal funding for outpatient services is available."

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/impact-drug-and-alcohol-treatment-center-pasadena

[3] https://www.facebook.com/pg/impacttreatmentcenter/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on December 2018

"this was a beautiful place to get cleaN and the people were just as beatuiful to work with...Strengths:.THE STAFF-- ESPECIALLY ANGER MANAGEMENT/ FAMILY CONSELING. THE STAFF-- ESPECIALLY ANGER MANAGEMENT/ FAMILY CONSELING.

Interesting place. It has been a number of years since I went to this treatment center and in the intervening years I have become an alcohol and drug counselor and worked for several years at a different treatment center in a different country. The good aspects of Impact as I recall them were the food and some of the support staff - there were occasionally counselors who would deviate from the dehumanizing techniques that were favored among the other staff members. Some of the group facilitators were amazing and charismatic and group was rarely boring. Some of the negative aspects - Impact was not what one would term a compassionate care facility. The approach was one of humiliation and dehumanization. Clients who caused problems were subjected to what were colloquially called ''clusters" whereby a fairly large group of counselors and staff would encircle the client in an office somewhere and talk to them. A client's troubles when expressed would be derided or demeaned. There was a common description of the approach as "they tear you down and then build you up again" - this would be done by way of punishments or consequences that were more geared towards humiliating clients rather than constructively engaging them in solution-focused therapeutic approaches. As a counselor I question the effectiveness of this approach except in some very rare (potentially institutionalized) cases. I wonder, would it not be more effective to meet a client where they are at and build them up from there? I will refrain from being anecdotal in this review and I want to emphasize that there were many good aspects of the program, however there was a power dynamic between counselors and clients that some of the unhealthier staff members appeared to take relish in. One other baffling feature of the facility is that it was co-ed...this begged the question as to why women and men had group together and ate in the same room. There are 2 or 3 counselors I can recall who appeared to have moderate to severe personality disorders. All in all a very strange place, but one that I can't say was entirely bad. One thing they did do for me was enable me to come there free of charge because of someone I had met at an outside meeting who happened to work there. This is something I remain grateful for to this day. Another point I must make in this review is that it has been almost ten years since I went there, and things may have changed dramatically in that time. This review is for the Impact that I experienced in 2007. All in all, I would say that many of the components of an effective program existed at Impact and there were some very talented staff members there and the organization was well run and extremely efficient. However, I would say that one could only give it a somewhat average to positive rating in light of the factors I have outlined.

I am now a MSW and a Certified Drug Counselor in Colorado. I am also an Impact graduate. Impact saved my life and continues to save the life of others with the disease of addiction. In a time of many theories about addiction, it's prognosis and "cure", Impact continues to stay firm in it's commitment to help the addict who is suffering. I am now over 31 years clean and sober and give Impact and Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous all the credit. PS: My counselor at Impact still works there.

Has a high rate of success. Well known. It is hard to get in if you are on medication. I t has really grown in the past years. It is highly structured. Will take crimminal, court ordered cases. Has a lot of extra curricular activities and serves excellent food.

Very reasonable pricing with a work.to pay program. To strict about visitors Overall it is a good program for a person to begin sobriety

A person has to be ready for recovery. They have to hit their bottom; know that there are no other options. I was 21 when I entered detox, then treatment. I would have died before I reached 25, I am certain of it. Impact House saved my life, and changed my entire life.

Enjoyed the family involvement and 12-step integration.

Excellent treatment and knowledgable staff. Everything I need to know requiring treatment of substance abuse was covered here.

They gave me the foundation to stay clean and sober one day at a time July I will be 33 years clean and sober

This facility is top notch in treatment. It is not a vacation spot but a highly structured change in lifestyle. Intense and deep immersion into the NA program ideology and root causes of deeper problems. I didn't always understand or like their decisions regarding my treatment but I knew they were only doing what was best for my recovery and followed their direction. I have been sober for 9 months and feel that Impact has given me the tools to regain my life. If you are looking for a place that will do what is best for you and not what you think you need. then this is the place I received an awesome, caring education from people who have been in my position. I would recommend them to anyone!!!

Very intense program,which helped me stay clean all this time.

Staff are all in the program with many years sober. Could use more staff though. The best treatment facility there is. I went there now how 34 years sober.