Indiana Center for Recovery in Bloomington, IN

Call (877) 499-0995 to Contact Indiana Center for Recovery

1004 West 1st Street
Bloomington IN 47403

Indiana Center for Recovery Philosophy

The Indiana Center for Recovery is located minutes away from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Our facility is situated just a mile away from historic downtown Bloomington, nestled among the quiet sycamores within 14 miles of the largest lake in the state, Lake Monroe. We are a place of healing in the heartland of the United States, and are known as a center of excellence throughout the mid-west and surrounding areas. We are looked to as the premier facility in Indiana, offering affordable, high quality addiction treatment. We are a place one seeks to get and stay sober, where families are reunited, and to be introduced to a solution that really works.

Our patients work hand in hand with a highly credentialed team of qualified, licensed professionals to individualize a treatment plan that meets each particular patient's needs. Co-occurring disorders are addressed as well as career, educational, and life ambitions. A real plan of action is then implemented, and we partner in your recovery every step of the way.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Number one in the Midwest

High success rates

Locally owned and operated

Mike Lazar

BHT Supervisor

When Mike was 13 years old he found himself experimenting with marijuana and alcohol with friends. Soon after he began taking pills and eventually harder drugs to deal with life. Mike got sober for the first time when I was 18. He left Philadelphia, his hometown, and travelled to Los Angeles and was taken under the wing of a staff member at the sober living where he lived. Mike says, “I’ll never forget what that person did for me and ever since I have set out to do the same for someone else who was as scared and hopeless as I was. I love recovery and if it weren’t for the staff of a few facilities I don’t think I could have learned how to be a person in recovery.”

“Damn right I like the life I live, cause I went from negative to positive and it’s all good”
-Notorious B.I.G.

Jackie Daniels

LCSW, Executive and Clinical Director

Jackie Daniels is a person in long-term recovery, clinical social worker and recovery advocate. Jackie has worked since 2000 to prevent, treat, and provide support to individuals living in addiction recovery. Previous employers include Meadows Hospital, Centerstone, and in August, 2017, Jackie left Indiana University to join the Indiana Center for Recovery as the Executive Director. A clinical social worker since 2005, she also is adjunct faculty for the Indiana University School of Social Work, teaching courses on substance use and addictions practice. Jackie is a recovery advocate, providing the “Faces and Voices of Recovery” Recovery Messaging training to individuals wishing to challenge the stigma of addiction through the use of personal messaging. In 2012, Jackie’s story was featured on Lifetime’s Teen Trouble with Josh Shipp. In 2016, Jackie was responsible for bringing the overdose antidote, naloxone, to Indiana University, now available free and anonymously to IU students. Jackie works tirelessly to promote rights, compassion, and understanding for those in recovery from addiction. Most recently, Jackie was part of a cover story for Bloomington’s hometown magazine, Bloom Magazine called “Voices of Recovery.”
“There is no person walking the face of the earth who demonstrates more courage, dignity, honesty, and integrity, than a person in recovery.”

ABOUT INDIANA CENTER FOR RECOVERY

Located in Bloomington, Indiana, which is about 50 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana Center for Recovery (ICFR) provides residential treatment to adults struggling with substance use disorders. The independent, family-owned operation is one of 78 private, nonprofit treatment facilities in Indiana, which make up about 29 percent of all facilities in the state.

ICFR's program follows a holistic approach to treatment that focuses on five key domains: physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual. Each client receives an individual treatment plan and is exposed to a range of evidence-based treatment modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)

In addition to group, family, and one-on-one counseling, clients participate in relapse prevention workshops, 12-step meetings, mindfulness meditation groups, and addiction education. They're also given the opportunity to enjoy yoga classes, therapeutic massage, acupuncture, and personal training programs.

ICFR's treatment team includes physicians, psychologists, licensed addiction counselors, master's-level therapists, and clinical coaches.

ICFR offers accommodations in home-like, gender-specific residences with semi-private rooms. Meals are prepared by an executive chef who can accommodate dietary restrictions and special needs.

While Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s alumni, ICFR earned an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars based on seven Google reviews[1]. The two former clients who left commentary described the program as effective and the environment as comfortable and caring. "ICFR is like family," Thomas wrote in a representative review. "I miss them! You feel at home."

Kathy, the one family member who evaluated the facility on Google[2], also praised the program for its warm and welcoming environment. "My son was there 4 months and he was a PERSON, not a bed," she noted. "The entire staff treated him with kindness liked he'd never experienced in treatment previously."

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs. Some insurance plans are accepted and coverage can be verified on the rehab's website.

Published on July 2018

Brittany

Indiana center for recovery is a great place. It is very life changing, they helped me so much and got me on the right path.

KL

The Indiana Center for Recovery treated my family member with dignity and respect. They continually offered extended help and walked us through the treatment progression. Addiction is a lifelong recovery process and I am glad the staff at this facility take a interest in their clients. Their caring and continued treatment of my loved one is the one of the main reasons that our family member continues on the road to recovery. I really recommend this center for those searching for sobriety.

K.N.

Started out great our daughter excelled with leaps and bounds, but once she reached 90 days it was a kick her to the curb whether she was ready or not. Owner decided she needed to go, there was a waiting list and he wanted the Ins $ over the care of our daughter, plus 7 others! $$$$$ its all about the $$$$ If they relapse he gets more $$$$$$ sick just sick!

KFN

This place is a joke, it started out great for our daughter and she has done really well, however now she has been kicked to the curb and forced to move out of the facility's property because they were told they have new people that want in and their Insurance will pay more. They say its not about the money but it is totally is about the $. They make them sign a lease, however do not abide by any of the lease's details or requirements. Made several people move out in less then 24 hrs! Watch out this place is a wolf in sheep's clothing! It was the owner that forced them out, the staff had nothing to say about it! SAD and sick to prey on those that struggle!

Bilal

This place is running because of a few select staff members. Rest of the people I have no idea what exactly there job is. Office manager is out 3 of of 5 days because she is always sick.

cynwlff

I work at the Center and am incredibly proud to be part of the Team! I believe that out Treatment Model sets up out Client's for success as it best prepares Client's to resume their daily lives without drugs or alcohol. Each Treatment Plan is individualized and tailored to each Client and their family. From our Safety Officer,to out Behavioral Tech Supervisor, to the Clinical and Medical Teams, I believe we employ the best in each field, and the results reflect it. As someone in Recovery from drugs and alcohol, I highly recommend Indiana Center for Recovery for you or your loved one. You will not be disappointed!

Anonymous, MD

I was told "the people at ICFR are the best at what they do " - they are. I was surrounded by welcoming staff who were were obviously committed to my goal of recovery,, and were always supportive during my 31 day stay. Staff/Techs/Therapists/Owner: Dedicated to the clients' well-being, but firmly committed to their recovery, understanding to my situation and always available to listen and discuss concerns or questions. Fellow attendees: Lifelong new friends, solid support system and resource for ever evolving concepts and concerns consistent for all of us. The facilities were adequate, particularly for cooking nutritious meals after a trip to the grocery as a group. Lunches catered with observance of dietary restrictions. Daily time spent in numerous group meetings, including addressing issues that were gender specific, family and parenting concerns, dealing with emotions, trauma, dual and cross diagnoses, but also involvement in daily AA/NA/12 step on-site and off-site. Bonding also continued with community service ventures, cinema and off-site adventure outings of various types, as well as our assignment to a dedicated therapist. Overall, this life changing stay has provided e with the educational tools, support and motivation required for my long term recovery that I am so dedicated and prepared to sustain.. Thanks to all at ICFR!

SB

ICFR changed my family’s life! The community, staff, and administration care beyond what’s required for the job.

Gary

I found my stay at the Indiana Center For Recovery to be very beneficial. I had been through treatment programs before but theirs was a different approach. They stress a 12 step program for recovery. One thing that stuck in my head was that I needed to ….. "Trust God, Clean House, and Help Others". Since leaving the Indiana Center For Recovery I have reconnected with my "Higher Power" (which I call God). I have completed all 12 steps (with a sponsor) and I have carried the message to other alcoholics. The staff was very helpful and caring in getting my emotional sobriety in check. I would recommend anyone to go to this center that is willing to WORK a program of recovery. Sixteen months later I am still "Happy, Joyous and Free".

First class people Great facility Awesome treatment A+++++