Into Action Recovery Centers in Houston, TX

(4 of 5)
16808 El Camino Real
Houston TX 77058

Into Action Recovery Centers Philosophy

At Into Action Recovery Centers, we take pride in providing a high level of treatment and compassion for those who suffer from addiction. We are a comfortable twenty-one bed facility with sixteen staff members that provide a wide range of services and support for our clients. We provide a medically supervised detox. Our licensed counseling staff provides individualized treatment and care for our clients with an emphasis on tailoring treatment to the specific needs of each individual. Additionally, our staff provides family counseling, relapse prevention, life skills, and grief and trauma counseling.

We are an abstinence based program and all of our staff members have a strong understanding of the recovery process through personal experience. We are passionate about sharing the process involved in living a drug and alcohol free life. We offer free aftercare for the men who complete our program and have a strong alumni network that remains active in the community.

We also offer other amenities such as catered meals, mindfulness based meditation training, outings, and fitness training.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Catered Meals

Individual Counseling

3 Year CARF Accreditation

Shane Leonard

CEO & Co-Founder

Shane Leonard co-founded Into Action Recovery Center with the desire to assist others in recovering from addiction. Mr. Leonard draws on 20 years of experience in mid-market industrial service companies and his personal experience in recovery and at a similar treatment center to provide leadership for IARC. Mr. Leonard values recovery as a life style, community, and family. His goal in founding IARC is to provide a local resource for quality treatment at an affordable cost.

Tony Giammatteo

COO & Co-Founder

Tony Giammatteo is a Co-founder of Into Action Recovery Center. It was his vision to provide quality recovery to individuals suffering from issues pertaining to chemical dependency at an affordable price. Mr. Giammatteo’s interest in health and recovery along with his desire to establish a top tier treatment environment has driven his daily efforts to see this dream become a reality.

ABOUT INTO ACTION RECOVERY CENTERS

Founded in 2010, Into Action Recovery Centers (IARC) in Houston is a 48-bed drug and alcohol rehab facility close to both major Houston airports. According to the organization’s website, the IARC founder seeks to provide a quality and affordable opportunity for clients from across the country to receive help achieving sobriety through inpatient, outpatient, and extended aftercare services.

Medically supervised, substance-specific detoxification is available on site.

Following a screening to determine the best level of treatment that is least restrictive, staff members work with each client to customize a plan to treat the individual’s particular addiction and substance abuse disorder. The initial 10 days at IARC involve a blackout period limiting communication with family, after which family involvement in counseling is encouraged and visitation hours are offered twice per week.

The facility includes a selection of 30, 60, and 90-day treatment programs, from adult male residential treatment to male and female outpatient classes. Therapies are built on evidence-based treatments applied in intensive, individualized programs. Goals in the process of recovery at IARC include self and spiritual discovery. Daily routines feature group and individual counseling sessions, education, life skills training, 12-step meetings, and therapeutic leisure time.

Intensive outpatient programs meet three nights per week for 10 to 12 weeks and include a family participation component. The facility also regularly interacts with local Alcoholics Anonymous communities.

According to the website, the IARC maintains a low client-to-staff ratio. A staff of 16 includes master’s level counselors, nurses, a board certified psychiatrist with more than 20 years of experience treating addiction disorders, licensed chemical dependency counselors, and direct care staff. Several members of the staff are active in their own personal recovery.

Physical activity is an important component of the recovery process at IARC. Recreation opportunities on site and gym outings five times a week are available. Meals are prepared by a professional chef on staff.

REVIEWS

At the time of this writing there have been eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com. Alumni gave the facility very positive reviews. The alumni gave the facility 4.3 out of five stars for exercise & leisure options, 4.7 stars for family participation, and 4.7 stars for the cell phone and visitation policy. The alumni also gave 4.7 stars for staff experience, 4.4 stars for counseling options, and 4.6 stars for cleanliness. One alum, J.C., said that a strength of the facility was its fellowship, counseling, and communication. Another alum, W.D., added that a strength of the facility was its positive meeting, great alumni, gym, and high level counselors. Alumni R.G wrote that a weakness of the facility was its food and holistic medicinal approaches. and J.F.B. wrote that the facility’s politics were also a weakness. Alum B.H. added additional commentary, “I went there 16 months ago. I am still sober today and spend a lot of my time at the center.”

On the facility’s Google Reviews page there is an overall rating of 4.6 out of five stars based on 52 total reviews.[1] Most reviewers gave the facility very positive reviews . Alum N.C., who gave five stars, was positively affected by the facility. He wrote “Into action is truly amazing! The staff and counselors who work there honestly care and help in anyway they can, this place changed my life and I'm forever grateful!” B.A., an alum, supported that viewpoint. He gave five stars and wrote “After many years of struggling with alcohol and drug abuse, I found IARC via a google search. It was one of the best decisions I had made in a very long time!...I would recommend IARC to anyone seeking a solution to their problem.”

According to the facility’s website, most insurance companies recognize Into Action Recovery Centers in-network. Clients may also discuss private pay options.

[1]https://goo.gl/8Yzs2s

Published on August 2017

I just checked out a few days ago. Horrible. Filled with a corrupt staff... Do not send your loved ones to this facility.

I was in the center five years ago for 60 days. The staff and owners are very experienced in the recovery field. They truely care about everyone getting treatment. I have stayed drug free since leaving the center and living a completely new and better life. Thank you, Into Action Recovery for saving my life.

I attended Into action in may 2016. I found their staff very knowledgeable and caring. Daily activities were well planned,infomative and helpful for my recovery. Their holistic approach to treating the mind and the body helped make the difference for me. One on one counseling was always available as well as access to sponsors. I enjoyed attending outside the facility meetings and activities to include a fully equipped workout center three days a week. Interaction with my fellow treatment recipients was fun and rewarding, many of them I am still in contact with. The food was excellent and plentiful and the meal plans were well thought out to provide the necessary nutrients for recovery. The medical staff was always available and caring. I trust I will not need to attend a treatment facility again but if necessary I will return to this facility. I have been alcohol and drug free now for 6 months and I attribute a large portion of my success to Into Action Recovery Center

With all my heart I want to give Into Action 5 stars, and if they were the same facility that they were when I went through last year I would. Unfortunately I can no longer in good conscience recommend them to anyone who is looking to get help or help a loved one. When I went through them last year they were a smaller facility that housed 21 patients at full capacity and was run by a staff that genuinely cared about helping their patients recover from this disease. Everyone from the counselors to the RA's were there to help in any way they could and would often spend time with clients one on one to truly get to know their individual needs. Members of the local AA community would come lead meetings and sponsor the patients. And while cognitive behavioral therapy played a big part in their treatment plans AA was the spirit the helped guide everything. It was a loving caring place ran by good people and it saved my life. That was the old Into Action. Unfortunately the owners along with their Admissions Coordinator have left behind the spirit of the old center. The tight knit group of 21 patients who truly bonded together in a brotherhood has been replaced with 50+ patients. When there are that many people the community feel gets lost in the different cliques that form, I've personally experienced both settings. They have begun to let personal problems prevent members of the AA community from coming there. Guys that have multiple years, who helped me stay sober, are no longer allowed on the premises, I suspect the same will happen to me after I post this. They have replaced the counselors who truly cared. Except of course for the mentally handicapped man, who is alumni, that they keep on the payroll for minimum wage, who is mocked constantly by those in charge, and who is not given the help needed to improve his life... The old facility has been turned into a sober house they move the guys who have no where to go in to. However there is no structure and it seems as if they become little more than pay checks for the owners as soon as they walk out of the treatment center doors and into the "sober house". I use quotations because it is a sober house only in the loosest of definitions... I could go on and on but I think I've made my point. It's a shame that a place that truly saved my life has changed so much in such a short time, and in truth it makes me sad to write this. However if being honest, getting banned from the premesis, and burning a couple of bridges stops even one person from sending their loved one to a place that will not help them, then I am willing to pay that price. I hope this review helps someone out there, and maybe even helps Into Action fix some of what has gone wrong. At least that's what I'll be praying for. Have a blessed day.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Into Action Recovery Centers is always open to discuss any and all concerns that would lead someone to a negative experience. While we are sincerely sorry to hear that any previously positive thoughts on our facility and program might have changed, we would like to assure everyone that all staff at Into Action Recovery Centers continually strive to provide the best treatment to those struggling with addiction…to find hope and recovery! Please know that we have shared your thoughts with staff and management and will use this as an opportunity to continue to improve our services and culture. Now and always, we wish all those in recovery continued success!

Returning alumni, experienced staff were strengths of the facility. I went there 16 months ago. I am still sober today and spend a lot of my time at the center.

An overall great facility.

I love how the facility let's us come together as a group and help each other work through feelings and other things going on in our lives at that point with help from the councilors and ra's. This place saved my life. Since my stay and into action I have stayed sober and have finally started to live my life.

Strong 12 based was a strength of the facility, but the Politics, as will all growing businesses is a downfall. Give it a try if one is confused and has no where else to go.

Strengths: Counselors, RA's, Location. Weaknesses: Food, Holistic medicinal approaches. Its not the best looking place in the world but it got the job done with me and many others.

It actually works ! Too small. I've been in several treatment centers and this one is the one I got sober in. The staff is amazing ! They really care . The program was shown to me in a way I could understand and do. They saved my life and I will forever be grateful

High level councilors, positive meetings, gym, great alumni were all strengths of the facility. The staff at into action from top to bottom are extremely passionate and personable.

Strengths: Communication, Counseling, Fellowship. Weaknesses: Healthy food choices. I am forever in debt to the altruism that was found, and given to me from the staff at Into Action Recovery Centers.

Because he had been in there over 30 days his insurance was paying the step down rate of an IOP. The counselor wanted him to stay longer but the financial people wanted him out to makes space for the full paying rate. Money is more important than recovery.

At Into Action Recovery Centers we continuously strive to provide the best services possible to address each client's needs at an affordable price. We have specific rules, guidelines and contractual obligations with the insurance companies that pay for the services we provide. I can assure you that the insurance companies dictate what services they are willing to pay for not Into Action Recovery Centers Inc. We give every client the opportunity to stay as long as they need or would like to. I am bound by certain contracts and other privacy mandates to not speak to any specific client or their financial arrangement. However, I will say that we provide excellent care at or below market rates for our facilities and services. We work with each and every client that enters our program to ensure that they get the maximum benefits allowed under their respective insurance plans. We also do everything in our power to minimize the out of pocket costs as we know we are in trying financial times. I sincerely apologize for the perception this person has with our facility and hope that the outcome will be that of excellent results for the affected person and their families. Sincerely, CEO Into Action Recovery Centers 17337 El Camino Real Houston,Texas

Taylor Recovery Center
  • Pet friendly facility
  • Three meals per day prepared by on site chef
  • Gym membership
Serenity House Detox
  • Individualized treatment plans and medical tapers
  • One on one counseling