iRecover Palm Springs in Cathedral City, CA

37066 Bankside Dr.
Cathedral City CA 92234

iRecover Palm Springs Philosophy

The iRecover program at Serenity Palms offers individuals a unique and innovative residential treatment program for alcohol and drug addiction. The facility combines traditional recovery methods with technology, giving each client access to a recovery-based iPad program that serves as an additional resource for information, interactive therapy, and personal journaling. Surrounded by a supportive staff, a beautiful setting, and a calm and secluded atmosphere, Serenity Palms gives each client the opportunity to overcome destructive behavior patterns, set exciting life goals, and develop the skills necessary to live a full and productive life in sobriety.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

90 days aftercare

Accredited program

iRecover iPad upon arrival

Emerson McGhee

Site Director

Emerson McGhee is a RAS II (Registered Addiction Specialist II), CCDS (Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Specialist), and a MATC (Medication Assisted Treatment Counselor). Emerson gained his professional experience in the addiction/recovery field working in several different modalities since 2007. He has worked has both a counselor and program director. Emerson is clean and sober today and very grateful for his recovery. “I’m honored to be part of our client’s journey.”

Cindy Miyamoto

Admissions Coordinator

Cindy Miyamoto has a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Sociology from the University of Santa Barbara, and Masters of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Phoenix. She is a Registered Marriage Family Therapist Intern. Cindy has prior experience in the addiction treatment field working as a youth counselor for adolescents struggling with substance abuse and related problems. Cindy has also worked as a Marriage Family Therapist trainee and a case manager for sober and transitional living. In the next year Cindy plans to further her education and begin her Doctorate in Psychology at Capella University.

ABOUT iRECOVER PALM SPRINGS

iRecover Palm Springs, located in Cathedral City, Calif., offers residential treatment to adults struggling with drug or alcohol dependence. The facility offers a unique, technology-assisted rehabilitation program. Along with standard counseling and therapy, the classroom-based program equips clients with an iPad as a therapeutic communication tool for recovery.

The facility also provides sub-acute detox services, using Suboxone and Vivitrol, for those with severe withdrawal symptoms; as such, it is among 15 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in the state that offer residential, non-hospital detoxification services.

iRecover Palm Springs offers both four- and eight-week residential treatment programs for drug, alcohol, and process addictions, such as gambling. The innovative treatment program provides each client with an iPad (which clients may keep after graduating) to use for research, in-class assignments, activities, and journaling work; it also is intended as a helpful communication tool.

In the state of California, according to a 2017 SAMHSA survey), the center is among 24.7 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities that offer short-term – less than 30 days – of non-hospital residential treatment. It also is among 33.6 percent of facilities that offer long-term – more than 30 days – of non-hospital residential treatment.

Regardless of length of stay, all clients participate in individual and group therapy, addiction education classes, fitness activities, and an introduction to 12-Step through iRecover classroom projects. Other evidence-based therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational interviewing (MI), help clients establish healthy thinking patterns and behaviors.

As part of a 90-day aftercare program, clients can receive continuing support via Facetime with their counselors as they transition to everyday sober living.

In California, iRecover Palm Springs is among 13.9 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities accredited by The Joint Commission - JCAHO. The team consists of master’s-level therapists, a licensed practical nurse, certified counselors, recovery techs, and a site director who is a registered addiction specialist.

With a capacity for 24 clients, iRecover Palm Springs features private bedrooms in shared, apartment-style housing. The well-landscaped campus offers hiking trails, a swimming pool, yoga classes, and other therapeutic activities. Several alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date praised the accommodations and amenities, as expressed by one in a representative review: “All clients had their own room. We had IPADS which were used for the program as well as for personal use. The food was delicious and plentiful.”

At the time of this writing, nine alumni submitted largely positive impressions about iRecover Palm Springs to Rehabs.com. Of the total, seven reported life-changing/life-saving experiences, filled with a wide range of valuable treatment-oriented and extracurricular activities. They appreciated the supportive environment, caring and friendly staff, and treatment outcome.

“Staff is absolutely amazing. My treatment plan was individualized and always felt like was on a path to finding an answer to my disease. Everyone here is incredibly helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend Irecover to anyone looking for help.” However, two former clients criticized the facility for its high cost and being “money based,” with one writing: “Nothing more than than costly 12 step sponsorship paraded around as being evidence based practices.”

On secondary sites, iRecover Palm Springs received overwhelmingly positive coverage to date: 4.8 out of five stars based on 32 reviews on Google and 4.6 out of five stars based on 39 reviews on Facebook, which the organization can manage. [1] [2] Numerous reviewers reported attaining sobriety thanks to the outstanding program and staff, some reporting after multiple relapses.

Five-star reviewer G.J. wrote on Google: “I’ve been going in and out of different treatment centers since 2011. iRecover is the first treatment center that has taken me through the steps and has helped me fully understand what recovery is all about.“ S.C.G., a five-star reviewer on Facebook, added: “Saved my life. Great staff and great program. I wouldn’t be where I’m at today if it weren’t for iRecover! I would recommend to anyone who needs help with addiction. They have your back.”

iRecover Palm Springs accepts insurance but does not list their in-network plans; sliding scale fees are available for those who qualify.

[3]:https://www.yelp.com/biz/irecover-palm-springs-cathedral-city

Published on December 2018

Harold

I do not recommend this place. I was there a few months ago and did not receive the level of treatment necessary to keep me sober from alcohol and drugs. My sobriety has come from Michael's house recovery in Palm Springs. They are exceptional. God bless and be well.

Harold, I do apologize you didn't receive the treatment and care you desired. iRecover is under new management as of February 2019 and our treatment philosophy is provide the very best opportunity towards long term sobriety. We are NO longer a 12 step Program. Our clinicians are Master Level and you will receive the treatment and care to get to the core issues. We also have License Vocational Nurses and Medical Assistants on staff. Our treatment plans are tailored to each person and you will have the best opportunity towards long term recovery. In the next few months we will re-brand to California Behavioral Health.

J.R.

I appreciated having my own room and space, the individualized programming tailored to my specific needs as well as the attentiveness of staff. Irecover taught me how to use the tools I learned while here and apply it to everyday life.....So far I have stayed sober...one day at a time.

DiJ

I just finished treatment at iRecover. What an incredible experience it was. I got exactly what I needed in 30 days. It gave me a great foundation for staying sober. The staff were friendly and compassionate. All clients had their own room. We had IPADS which were used for the program as well as for personal use. The food was delicious and plentiful. We attended outside NA and AA meetings and were even given the opportunity to go to the gym 5 times a week. The weekdays were filled with a 12 step programming. Twice a week we attended Yoga class (Laughing Yogi), balancing mind and body, while the weekends we mostly set aside for relaxing. I highly recommend iRecover to anyone who is seriously looking to learn to get and stay clean and sober.

MEF

I found an amazingly supportive fellowship and family here. The staff all truly care, they listen and counsel, but give you space to grow. They will ABSOLUTELY call you on any bullshit, but they do it because they have been in our shoes and know when to be tough vs kind. As an alumni I come back to visit and keep touch with the programming and people here because I truly love this place. I hope anyone who reads this will reach out for help and join the family.

JOSE

I HAVE WORKED HERE FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU IN LIFE, WHEN YOU WALK THRU THE IRECOVER DOORS ITS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND A SENSE OF FAMILY. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE THIS IS THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT TO DO SO AND THEY TEACH THE TOOLS TO LIVE LIFE.

mj

As the parents of a son with the disease of addiction, we have unfortunately come to know a number of Rehab Facilities, and it doesn't take long to realize that although they share some common characteristics, they are not at all created equally. For us, what separates iRecover from the rest, is it's staff of truly caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and understanding on-site professionals. It's their people that make all the difference. And when you're in crisis mode, you want a team that cares enough, and a proven system strong enough, to turn lives around. And this is exactly what iRecover has done for us. Another very key element to iRecover’s treatment program that sets them apart from the others is that they work with the client to put into place the steps needed for continued success after they leave their facility. This often neglected, yet extremely important phase is rare to find and one small example of the total client commitment that is iRecover. Grateful Parents

I.A.

DD

iRecover saved my life. If you truly want to be sober, you must follow any program that you go to. I don’t understand all the negative reviews. This facility is awesome And so are the staff. I am six years sober today and owe it to iRecover.

DS

I had a good friend who came here, this was such an amazing place. They gave her her life back. Now she is back to the wonderful woman that she once was. Thank you irecover, We’re giving my friend her life back.

George

JH

I went to iRecover for treatment back in 2015. Thanks to my higher power and the tools that iRecover taught me, I just celebrated my 3 year birthday!! Thank you for helping me get my life back. Also, beautiful facility with caring and friendly staff.

TW

The staff truly cares about their clients. I have read the other posts and am appalled by the negative ratings! The hard truth is that if you are an unwilling participant in your own recovery, you will get nothing out of it. I witnessed a handful of participants who bragged about being in several different rehab facilities. If you are serious about your recovery, follow the guidelines and program, and participate whole heatedly, iRecovery (Serenety Palms) can and does work for and with you. After 3 years, I am still sober thanks to Serenity Palms!

DC

iRecover neither establishes or follows basic ethical standards in their operations. . Their treatment is nothing more than than costly 12 step sponsorship paraded around as being evidence based practices. They know nothing of treating a deadly disease, only on how to bill for it.

JH

Money based, you are treated based on your insurance or your ability to pay