Isaiah House in Willisburg, KY

2084 Main Street
Willisburg KY 40078

Isaiah House Philosophy

As a Christian-based addiction recovery center, the mission of Isaiah House is to provide the best possible care to those entrusted to us regardless of socio-economic means, working not only with the client individually but with the whole family. In all we do, we strive to bring glory and honor to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Addiction is certainly a leading cause of poverty in Kentucky and throughout the nation. Its consequences are almost always devastating – loss of employability, homelessness, incarceration, serious physical and mental health issues, divorce, spouse and child abuse/neglect and broken relationships. The Isaiah House provides a comprehensive program that helps clients face and deal with the consequences of addiction in addition to focusing on solutions that prevent relapse and lead to a productive, meaningful life after they complete the program. Love and faith in Jesus is changing lives at Isaiah House on a daily basis.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Relapse Prevention Planning

Aftercare Planning

Job Training

ABOUT ISAIAH HOUSE

Located in rural Willisburg, Ky., Isaiah House offers Christian-based addiction and recovery treatment for adult men. The facility offers a variety of residential and outpatient services, including a specialized, non-medical detox program, a short-term residential option (100 days), and a long-term program that ranges from eight to 11 months.

According to the facility's website, treatment at Isaiah House is heavily faith-based and rooted in the tenets of Celebrate Recovery (CR), a Christian-focused, Bible-based 12-step recovery program.

After a medical evaluation, most clients begin treatment by entering into the social detox program, which is called “Foundation.” The program, which lasts 37 days, is non-medical and includes weekly one-on-one counseling and participation in large group Celebrate Recovery meetings.

The short-term residential program, dubbed “Restoration,” actually lasts 100 days; however, on- and off-site visits, as well as phone privileges, are awarded after 30 days in the program. Programming includes individual counseling, family therapy, couple's therapy, CR meetings, relapse prevention workshops, and on-site volunteer work.

Clients can extend treatment with the “Transformation” program, which offers services for up to 11 months. Mostly, staff help clients to find housing, hold a job, obtain a driver’s license, and find a local church.

The treatment center offers outpatient programs to clients who are ready for a lower level of care. Programming in the outpatient program also includes individual, family, group, couples, and crisis counseling.

Individualized treatment plans, case management, 12-step programs, psychological testing, recovery skills, evaluations, and relapse prevention is also available on an outpatient basis.

According to the facility’s website, the treatment team includes a licensed professional counselor associate and a licensed professional clinical counselor. All four individuals surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility five out of five stars for staff support.

Pictures on the center's website show that the facility is situated in a residential area and offers simply furnished, dorm-style bedrooms The nine individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date gave four or five out of five stars for accommodations and amenities.

The eight alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided positive feedback. The reviews show the Isaiah house offers effective, no-nonsense treatment, and solid counseling.

"The staff are firm and the program is a challenging one. Opportunities were made available to me and doors were opened but I had to earn it all. You could say I grew up in Isaiah House and that experience will always be with me," an alum wrote in a representative review.

Two alumni praised the center with saving their lives. "This was a faith based program, which i believe made all the difference in the world. It saved my life," an alum wrote.

The two loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing also provided positive feedback.

“We seen our son rock bottom," a parent wrote. "Nothing in his future. He was guided to the Isaiah House which we feel has saved his life. I can not say enough on how great the Isaiah House has been to him and our family.”

"I will never be able to express my gratitude enough. Isaiah House gave my husband the tools to come back to his family a whole man," Jessica wrote.

Both David and Mark are former clients who now work at the facility. They both provided positive feedback.

Mark, who is a current employee in executive management, gave the facility five out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness. “I personally had gone thru 13 rehabs before becoming sober . I've been sober 15 years now and this is the best center I've seen,” he wrote.

According to the facility’s website, Isaiah House accepts a number of commercial insurance plans, included Aetna and WellCare. As reported by an alum surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, sliding scale fees are available to clients who qualify.

Published on August 2017

I attended This facility thinking that it was going to be a good and helpful place just to find out everything I was told before arrival was fabricated just to get my insurance. I was told that this was a medical detox and that I would not have to come off drugs cold turkey. When I arrived the staff played very nice with my wife doing all they could to make her comfortable with me staying at their facility but as soon as she left everything changed the staff were very rude and some even racist. The food the served reminded me of public school or worst, it was disgusting which makes no since because they make you apply for Foodstamps and give them all to the facility for food.Our staff member was some how given all this power over us when it was obvious that he needed to get his own life in order. When I decided to leave I was talked to badly and disrespected I came back to get the rest of my things and was treated as if I did something to someone they kept an entire carton of my cigarettes and 100$ that I had left to me by my wife when asked about it I was threatened to have me removed from property by local police they didn’t want to explain anything to be at all about my things just told that when I walked off I forfeited the rest of my things and that I signed a paper saying that but was refused any proof of compliance. This is a horrible facility worsft I’ve ever been too and I don’t recommend anyone go if you really want help.

I paid the deductible for my son to be admitted to Isaiah House for 30 days or more. He was only there for 4 days and they let him get away. Aetna was the insurance provider. They are charging his wife for $900. This can not be right. Same old story. Trust A Christian group and get stabbed in the back!!

The Isaiah House took me in and provided a safe place when my decision-making became life threatening. As soon as I was able to get out of bed and stand without shaking I was constantly engaged and busy. This was pivotal for me. I learned how to be a hard worker and while my hands were busy so was my mind. The staff are firm and the program is a challenging one. Opportunities were made available to me and doors were opened but I had to earn it all. You could say I grew up in Isaiah House and that experience will always be with me.

We seen our son rock bottom. Nothing in his future. He was guided to the Isaiah House which we feel has saved his life. I can not say enough on how great the Isaiah House has been to him and our family. Broken chains mended. Love and will always speak kind words for the Isaiah House.

Great opportunity. If you cant make it there you cant anywhere. They have the NET device for detox, college classes and credits on site, guaranteed fulltime employment for any one who wants it. A ton of great counselors. The food isn't that bad. And the rooms are awesome.

I will never be able to express my gratitude enough. Isaiah House gave my husband the tools to come back to his family a whole man.

Isaiah House's 90 day treatment program is excellent. The food served is minimal and outdated. Once the client starts the work program, they're sent with cold sandwiches every day. ... Once the client enters into the work portion of the program, rent goes up to $700/month for a small area with 2 bunk beds and 3 other guys. Food is $95/week and a ride to and from work is $25/day for each person. 10-12 guys in a trip. Do the math.

Would absolutely recommend it.

Based payment on sliding scale. Recommended to me by friends and family. Glad I went.

This was a faith based program, which i believe made all the difference in the world. It saved my life.

I personally had gone thru 13 rehabs before becoming sober . I've been sober 15 years now and this is the best center I've seen.

Very effective. Changed my life.

Landmark Recovery of Louisville
  • Individual therapy twice per week with masters-level counselor
  • Neurofeedback Testing to cope with anxiety, sleep deprivation
  • Comprehensive discharge plan that is easy to follow and understand
The Ridge Addiction Recovery Center
  • Specialty in discreetly treating executives and professionals
  • Serene 51-acre estate