Jackie Nitschke Center in Green Bay, WI

630 Cherry Street
Green Bay WI 54301

Jackie Nitschke Center Philosophy

The Jackie Nitschke Center provides low-cost substance abuse treatment programs for adults 18 and older struggling with addiction issues. Based on the 12-Step model, individualized treatment options include a 28-day inpatient program, 16-week outpatient treatment and 4-week intensive outpatient care, individual, group and family therapy, and AA and NA meetings.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Improvement on Quality of Life

Home-like Environment

Family Oriented

ABOUT JACKIE NITSCHKE CENTER IN GREEN BAY, WI

Jackie Nitschke Center, located in Green Bay, Wis., offers residential and outpatient treatment to adults struggling with addiction. The facility is dedicated to providing clients a "home-like environment" to help foster the recovery process.

The facility was founded in 1971, and is named after the wife of Green Bay Packers linebacker Ray Nitschke. Jackie Nitschke was a recovering alcoholic and an outspoken advocate for the recovery community.

To be admitted, the client must be free of alcohol and drugs for 24 hours and must obtain medical clearance from a medical professional after last use. The residential program at Jackie Nitschke Center lasts for 28 days, the intensive outpatient program for five to seven weeks, and the outpatient/aftercare program for 16 weeks.

The facility’s treatment program is based on the 12-Step philosophy of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Throughout treatment, clients receive individual and group therapy, family therapy, involvement in recovery support groups, 12-step education, leisure activities, and physical exercise.

Families are included in the treatment program through the facility’s Family Education and Recovery Program, which is a three-day weekend program designed to educate and support the loved ones of clients in the program.

Jackie Nitschke Center offers aftercare to clients who have completed a residential or intensive outpatient program through their outpatient program, which meets once a week for 16 weeks.

The treatment team at Jackie Nitschke Center includes certified substance abuse counselors.

There is currently no information provided by Jackie Nitschke Center regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. However, six alumni polled by Rehabs.com all gave the facility four or five star ratings for both accommodations and amenities and meals and nutrition.

At time of writing, the six alumni polled by Rehabs.com gave mixed reviews regarding the Jackie Nitschke Center. While five alumni gave high average ratings of 4.4 out of five stars for the center's cleanliness, four stars for family participation, four stars for connectivity, and 3.8 stars for affordability, they gave low ratings of three stars for exercise and leisure options, two stars for counseling options, and 1.4 stars for holistic offerings. The sixth alumni, whose ratings were not included in the averages, was more positive, but noted a low number of individual counseling sessions per week.

The most common alumni criticism revolved around the facility's unwillingness to treat and inexperience in treating individuals struggling with addictions to substances other than alcohol. "The treatment centered around the treatment of alcoholism," one alum wrote, "I was a heroin addict...they really had NO idea what to do with me and definitely no clue how to counsel me."

More positive commentary focused on the center's environment, and the helpful staff. One alum wrote, “They taught me what I needed to do. When I was ready I had the tools and now have 8.75 years clean.”

At time of writing, the five friends and family polled by Rehabs.com gave mixed but generally positive reviews. When asked about strengths of the facility, they expressed happiness with the family programs and said the staff seem to truly care. One loved one added, “My son says that this is the first program that he has attended (he has been in 5) that he felt staff really cared and it wasn't just a job.”

When asked about facility weaknesses, friends and family members said there is a waiting list, the facility is small, and they were unhappy that the facility focused so much on 12-step programming.

At the time of this writing, there was one former staff member, Martin, who was polled by Rehabs.com. This reviewer gave the facility excellent marks across several different metrics and said he would recommend the facility to a friend or loved one considering rehab. When asked about the strengths of the facility, Martin said that the facility is 12-step oriented and that staff are truly caring. Martin also wrote, “Staff cares from their hearts. Staff is a good mix of recovering and non-addicted. 12 Step oriented. Very clear message of recovery.”

The cost of treatment at Jackie Nitschke Center is $6,000 per month. The facility offers financial assistance and scholarships to some clients who are unable to afford treatment.

Published on December 2017

They keep our mind busy and sober No visiting

One of the staff members is fabulous, but there is something seriously wrong with the residential manager. She told me family she is not qualified to make mental health decisions, yet told them what she thought I "needed" which caused nothing but strife in my family. She is not fit for her job, imho.

20 years ago the Jackie Nitschke Center was called The Samaritan House. I participated in the Samaritan House program for 7 1/2 months. The staff cared about me and pushed me to grow, held me accountable, taught me how to use life skill tools that allowed me to build an amazing life - challenges and all. One of the most important things I learned while there was how to communicate with people, how to connect with people, how to work a recovery program allowing people to help me, and the need to surround myself with people in recovery that are spiritual and positive. I learned I am one of those people - they taught me how to have a relationship with myself and begin that healing work. Today I am the director of the center and we carry forth the same beliefs for all people we encounter and work diligently providing them the means to be successful. Because we are human we are not perfect - mistakes have been made and used as opportunities. I thank the staff of the Samaritan House/Jackie Nitschke Center for all the energy they put into my life so I could become the person I was meant to be.

Kristine I was in rehab with you. They DID NOT provide the needed support.

It is a very regimented and strict facility. Even though they promoted themselves as a "Drug and Alcohol" treatment center, the treatment centered around the treatment of alcoholism. I was a heroin addict and I was for forced to use the alcoholic treatment curriculum and "just use the word Addict in place of Alcoholic. Also, even though I had detoxed in a hospital for 6 days before entering this facility, I was still very sick. They called my need for rest "laziness" and my inability to eat solid food "anorexia". They had little to no experience with addicts, particularly heroin addicts. I became dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhea and had to be hospitalized during my treatment. I was accused of trying to get out of the chores and the exercises we had to do. They really had NO idea what to do with me and definitely no clue how to counsel me.I completed my treatment there 3 years ago, so perhaps things have changed. Unless it is EVERYTHING, I suggest only alcoholics attend.

Road to recovrry. It help a great deal.

A good facility, but needs improved holistic offerings.

Jackie Nitschke Center has a devoted staff as well as alumni which are very visible and proactive in the community, but like any treatment center or program, it only works when the individual is ready to make changes in him/herself

they taught me what i needed to do. when i was ready i had the tools and now have 8.75 years clean

they keep the family informed with everything going on. really want to help you.

Strengths: Family involvement, continuing care. Weaknesses: Small facility, waiting list. It was helpful but also rushed.

He was ready for treatment.

Within the past two years I have become more aware of the problems with AA and the many alternative approaches to alcoholism. I would like to see much more education, research, and training devoted to the newer information.

Best Drug Rehabilitation