JourneyPure Emerald Coast in Panama City Beach, FL

22219 Panama City Beach Parkway
Panama City Beach FL 32413

JourneyPure Emerald Coast Philosophy

Located just minutes from the coast in Panama City Beach, JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides both men and women a safe residential environment to heal from the illness of addiction. Our holistic approach and small staff-to-patient ratio allow our staff to provide individualized treatment to each of our patients. Their passion and commitment to each patient's recovery is evident. JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides an extensive list of clinical services in beautiful blue beach house such as trauma-informed care and dual diagnosis treatment. In addition, we offer our Lighthouse Program for patients seeking Christian specific addiciton treatment.

At Journeypure, we take a proactive approach towards relapse prevention by using our innovative JourneyPure Coaching™ app to stay connected with patients after treatment for lasting recovery success.

Medically supervised detox

Lighthouse Christian addiction recovery program

Alcohol and drug testing services and DUI evaluation

ABOUT JOURNEYPURE EMERALD COAST

Situated next to the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico, JourneyPure Emerald Coast in Panama City Beach, Fla. provides upscale residential treatment, outpatient-based programs, and aftercare services for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. One of six residential facilities operated by JourneyPure, a well-recognized treatment provider, the Emerald Coast facility also provides medically-monitored detoxification services on-site. In addition, the facility offers a faith-based treatment track.

Before beginning treatment, clients participate in an initial assessment to guide clinicians in forming an individualized treatment plan. If a client requires supervision and structure to acquire and sustain sobriety, the individual may be referred to the residential program. Emerald Coast’s residential program blends evidence-based treatments, 12-step participation, and experiential therapies in a therapeutic community model of recovery.

During residential treatment, clients participate in a highly-structured schedule of individual and group counseling sessions, 12-step immersion workshops, and experiential therapies. Residents attend off-site 12-step meetings each evening and complete 12-step assignments that guide residents in “working the steps.”

Clients participate in daily group therapy sessions and at least two one-on-one therapy sessions per week. Dually diagnosed clients may also attend disorder-specific counseling sessions and receive ongoing medication management. If possible, Emerald Coast also encourages loved ones to participate in family counseling and educational classes.

Along with traditional therapy approaches, Emerald Coast also integrates a number of experiential therapies, including equine therapy, musical and artistic expression, wilderness outings, and recreational therapy. Holistic therapies, such as yoga, guided meditation, spiritual counseling, and nutritional counseling, is also incorporated into programming.

Along with the clinical and experiential approaches, the Lighthouse Christian Program incorporates Bible-based teachings, daily devotionals, and prayer into treatment. Residents involved in the faith-based program also have the option to attend Celebrate Recovery meetings, a Christian-focused recovery fellowship.

Utilized as both a stand-alone program and aftercare service by residential alumni, the facility’s outpatient programs consist primarily of group counseling sessions, family therapy, and educational classes. The facility also offers aftercare services, which includes assistance from a Recovery Coach, who provides support for clients as they transition back into the community.

Emerald Coast employs a multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians experienced on addiction medicine, licensed practical nurses, substance abuse counselors, mental health technicians, and recovery coaches.

Emerald Coast offers an upscale, homelike facility within walking distance to the nearby beaches. Although specific information is scarce concerning the facility, images from the facility’s website indicated double-occupancy bedrooms, spacious communal areas, fully-equipped kitchens, and outdoor patios. The facility’s website also states that residents have access to the amenities of the resort community.

The three alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing praised the facility. The survey respondents tended to cite the facility’s staff and programming as strengths. Out of five stars, the only alum polled on the following criteria gave perfect five-star ratings for the facility’s counseling options, ability to treat co-occurring disorders, and the treatment staff’s level of experience and training. “Overall it was awesome,” M.H. wrote. Alum H.H. praised the facility’s staff. “The staff at Journey Pure is very kind and understanding.”

Secondary sources supported these positive opinions. On the facility’s Facebook page, which JourneyPure can manage, 18 reviewers gave the facility an average rating of 4.5 out of five stars.[1] Many reviewers also cited the staff as a facility strength. “Saved my life. Great staff great program,” Wyatt, a representative reviewer, wrote.

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date was critical of the facility, expressing concern for an inability to communicate with their loved one. “There are NO scheduled times you are allowed to call and talk to the patient, Campbell, a uncle of a client, wrote.

To date, Rehabs.com has polled one employee, and they supported the positive feedback shared by alumni. Offering a perfect five-star rating for the facility’s accommodations and treatment effectiveness, employee M.C. wrote: “I look forward to coming to work everyday. I feel like I am making a difference in the lives of alcoholics and addicts.”

JourneyPure accepts a range of private insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Multiplan, and United Healthcare.

Published March 2017

1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/JourneyPureEmeraldCoast/reviews/

Published on April 2017

Journey Pure was helpful in my recovery and really tries to help you. Detox was great and the staff is mostly people in recovery who sympathize with your situation.

I enjoyed my time at JP. The staff was very attentive and helped me along the way. Thank you for all you have done for me!

JourneyPure Emerald Coast was an amazing experience overall. It was life changing if you work the program and utilize the tools they teach you and put them to work. It's not a perfect facility, but the staff genuinely cares and are all there to help the patients. The culture of the program is a strong point and a huge part of the reason that I was successful in my treatment. They are working on getting more activities, which was an area of improvement during my 30+ days. Also they are working on improving the dispensing of meds to where it doesn't require an hour wait, so they have a lot of positive changes coming. Overall I would highly recommend JourneyPure Emerald Coast and I feel it is the best decision I have ever made.

Had a few issues at first but after communicating through the right avenues, journey pure accommodated my needs exceptionally. I would recommend this facility to anyone serious about sobriety and turning over a new leaf in life.

Staff was very helpful in most situations. At times I felt they could do more, but all in all it was a very good experience.

I would like to thank the staff at journey pure for giving me a positive atmosphere to grow and recuperate.

I have had a great time coming to journey pure in a different state other than my own state. . *They have treated me more than well. Giving me the opportunity to help changes my ways as of being an alcoholic along with aftercare. Some techs may need a little work as in talking to patients as if they are inmates. Other than that, I have no negative to say about my experience

Journey Pure is an excellent program with staff that care about their patients and work with them on a daily basis. I could not recommend this place more to an addict who truly wants to work a program and wants to get sober. Excellent program.

this place has taught me so much about relapsed prevention and the brotherhood between the guys that are in treatment is simply amazing the way everyone really wants to work a program ...my therapist is an amazing person has helped identified a lot of problems I didn't see before ....thank you JP for everything looking forward to stay in contact in the recovery app

This is by far the best and last rehab I have been to. The staff is really helpful in all aspects in recovery. Also the brotherhood that they allow us to form with are fellow peers is strong and gives great hope for what is to come. Thank you for everything Journey Pure.

Thank you Journey Pure! This was my first (and only time) in treatment. My expectations were low when I got here, but I left feeling better than ever! I am going to miss this place and all of the friends I have made. Who comes to rehab and has the time of their life? Journey pure was a really great experience and I absolutely loved the group therapy and the staff is awesome!

Great therapists, groups, and techs made for an amazing experience. Housing is located on the beach which provided a relaxing time.

Everything was pretty good except for there were no adventure activities or outings like stated on your website. That was truly disheartening.

The only thing I would change is getting your personal phone more than once a week.

Journey Pure quite literally changed my life. You get out of this program what you put into it. There is no cure for this disease, but there is a remedy; you have a choice in life, your decisions and how you respond to stressors and emotions. I've learned various coping skills through the Journey Pure program, and I can honestly say that the path I was on would have taken my life, Journey Pure taught me skills that saved my life. I highly recommend this program to anyone that's willing to actually put forth effort and strive for a positive change in your life.

I am grateful for this opportunity at journey pure, I have gained a lot here. thanks to all the staff for their love and support.

I loved my stay here at journey pure. The staff here is exceptional and is always willing to help in any way possible. I will recommend this place to anyone that might need the same level of care I received. very grateful for my experience here.

Its amazing facility with great staff and if your serious about recovery this is the best possible place you could send your self or loved one!

Friendly, supportive staff and techs on hand . You get what you put into it and for me that was a lot . The staff will readily assist any needs pertinent to recovery needs and concerns. I'm very grateful to have been accommodated in the program in every area I reached out on and underlying needs I knew very little of . but they helped me come out of myself and that is non repayable gift . thank you jp

Journey Pure was very helpful in helping me start my recovery. They have an awesome staff and it was very fun.

The best of the best. My stay here was pleasant and fun.

Therapist and all staff were excellent! Well recommended for anyone with addiction!

Staff amazing all accommodating meets where I'm at with support

I want to thank all staff for their service and providing me an awesome experience.

GReat treatmet helped me find myself and really get to know me!

journey pure is a great program i highly recommend them..staff great.

Journey Pure was a very solid experience.2nd treatment I've been to and it was much more organized then my previous experience. I would recommend anyone seeking help to contact Journey Pure.

JourneyPure Emerald Coast taught me how to live and gave me the tools I need for recovery.

I feel nutrition starts with organic foods which I am used to eating. I thought the nutrition aspect was greatly lacking.

Phenom. staff- helpful, full of hope and inspiration.

All the techs and staff are wonderful. Ive gained a lot of useful information from Journey Pure.

This facility Changed my life. They have the best therapists. Trips to the beach are constant!

My time in treatment was good. thanks

I feel like my time here was not wasted. My counselor was great. The tech staff, the after care swere very helpful.

I would highly recommend to anyone with a problem.

Recommend to anyone seeking addiction help

Journey Pure gave me the tools I need to stay clean and sober.

I would recommend to anyone with a problem.

Love this place, it changed my life and I miss it and the staff every day.

Love this place.

awesome place, awesome staff

Journey Pure has been an amazing experience and has given me a wonderful foundation to work with as I continue my road to recovery. Thank you to ALL here at Journey Pure!

This experience has had ups and downs but overall I have learned alot. I will apply all to my day to day. I praise God for this opportunity and will always be grateful for the role Journey Pure had.

Journey Pure is an awesome treatment facility for those who have lost their way in life through drugs and alcohol. I would recommend this facility to anyone who might has a problem with drugs and alcohol. My experience at Journey Pure has been life changing.

Highly recommend to any one suffering from addiction

highly recomend

staff is wonderful very caring and compassionate

I would suggest Journeypure to anyone who needs help with addiction or has a love one that does.

JourneyPure Emerald Coast changed my life! It wasn't just a rehab, it was a family bound together with one goal- to stay sober. The staff are family and you won't find anyone who cares about you like they do, they treat you like the human beings you are and not like you are just another addict. One particular therapist is a beautiful soul and my favorite. The a few key staff will lead you to the best sober living homes you can find. They are also my absolute favorites! The house managers are wonderful, the funniest and most sarcastic women you'll meet but they treat you as if you are their own. They changed my life and everyone was phenomenal! I met friends who will last a lifetime, the best guy friend I've ever met I met here- but no fratinizing 😉 Just be willing and they will lead you towards the right path but it's your choice to continue on that path! Plus the houses are beautiful with a pool! What more could you ask for?!

The staff does not communicate with the loved ones unless you demand some answers. If your addict tries to leave the facility it could be because many of the patients are severe drug addicts who bully others. The staff is very good but they have their hands full and you must stay on top of your addicts treatment.

An awesome facility. Especially fot those who really understand that they cannot successfully get loaded.

I spent a total of 80 days impatient there so I can speak from a great amount of experience of the facility and staff. First, the detox section is amazing! I have never been so well taken care of treated so kindly! The detox staff a few are amazing people who care! The intake team are available and will get you situated fast! Secondly they offer 2 impatient treatment options, Traditional and Christian. The Christian tract is led by 2 phenomenal therapist. It changed my life. The traditional tract is equally great and is led by a team of awesome counsellors! Also the residential houses are like something out of a movie. They are 3 story houses litteraly across the street from the most beautiful beaches. They provide you with all you could need and the houses are staffed 24hrs as day! Oh and you get to use you cell phone twice a week for a few hours which is nice. Finally, the leadership at Journey Pure are awesome people! They were always available and caring. If I needed to talk to either I felt comfortable enough to go to their offices! Also after you leave they don't just forget about you. The after care coach, will periodically harrass you via every type of messaging service until you block her. Lol. They care! If I had any compliant its that the days are long. The day starts early and ends late but wedding mind that when were out using so its worth the investment! Id highly suggest this place to anyone at any age at any stage of addiction. The psychiatrist on staff will get you situated quickly and absolutely does not prescribe any habit forming medications! Call them, its the first step to a new life. Feel free to message me with any questions. My motivation is to help the still suffering addict!

awesome

Strong clinical staff but communication to line staff was a weakness. Overall it was awesome

I would refer anyone looking for treatment to Journey Pure.

I have been working for JourneyPure Emerald Coast for about 6 months. This is the most unbelievable job.. I look forward to coming to work everyday. I feel like I am making a difference in the lives of alcoholics and addicts. If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!

I have a neice there.... The nurses that checked her in, were unbelievable! They were awesome. My advice.... If you want to know where your loved one or relative is, this facility is absolutely not recommended. It seems impossible for them to return calls in a timely manner, there are NO scheduled times you are allowed to call and talk to the patient. They DO NOT work around anyone else's work schedule, so if your job does not allow you to be gone from 8-5, you WILL NOT see or talk to them for days. Excuse me if this is protocol, but it seems completely different from any other rehab I have heard of.

The staff at Journey Pure is very kind and understanding. They are there for me, every step of the way. Without them my life would be very different... The Florida location is a definite plus as well!

Harbor Village