Just Believe Recovery Center in Carbondale, PA

Call (877) 618-8131 to Contact Just Believe Recovery Center

100 Lincoln Ave
Carbondale PA 18407

Just Believe Recovery Center Philosophy

Just Believe Recovery Carbondale is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Carbondale PA that offers personalized treatment options. We employ licensed and experienced professionals who have the ability to diagnose and treat addiction as well as mental health disorders. By utilizing the integrative and personalized approach to addiction treatment, we’ve helped many individuals create the stepping stones toward addiction recovery. We’ve helped make it possible to move forward with those stepping stones to achieve sobriety.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

A+ BBB Rated

Ms. Cynthia Bellino

Executive Director

Cindy has 20 years of experience in the field of substance abuse. She founded, developed and operated two programs: Serenity House, a women’s halfway house in Jensen Beach, Florida, and the creation of a not-for-profit program, A Pocket Full Of H.O.P.E., Inc. established in 2007 in Pennsylvania that provides housing and support for recovering addicts and their families. She is a driven and compassionate professional with 20 years of hands-on experience in the addictions field. She is consistently accountable and responsible. She is a strong decision maker who understands the importance of compassion and patience. Just Believe Recovery Center fulfills her life-long dream of finding a way to help addicts and alcoholics find their way into recovery!

Sandra Palmer

Corporate Chief Clinical Officer

Sandra is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) with 22 years of counseling experience. Her diverse areas of counseling include addiction, trauma, family of origin issues, mediation, and child and adolescent counseling. Sandra employs a variety of highly-effective modalities, including EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), RET (Rational Emotive Therapy), Motivational Interviewing, and experiential, art and music therapies. Sandra’s involvement in the substance abuse field began back in 2002, when she served as Director for Stand Down, a rehab program for homeless veterans with addictions. Since that time, she has developed and implemented curricula for a number of other rehab programs. Sandra received both her undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from the University of Toledo in Ohio.

ABOUT JUST BELIEVE RECOVERY CENTER

Located in Carbondale, Pa., Just Believe Recovery Center provides a full continuum of treatment services for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring conditions. Programming includes residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP), and outpatient treatment (OP). Medical detox is also offered on-site.

Upon admission, clients undergo a thorough evaluation designed to help determine the most appropriate course of treatment. A client-centered treatment plan is crafted, based on this feedback. Those who require medical attention for withdrawal symptoms start with medically assisted detox, which includes counseling, medication management, and holistic treatment.

Once stabilized, clients may transition to the residential program. During this time, clients are introduced to the 12-Steps and participate in a mix of individual, group, and family therapy, all of which utilize cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), rational emotive therapy (RET), and motivational interviewing. Participants also engage in psycho-educational groups and workshops, and are given holistic treatment options, like music therapy, art therapy, and meditation.

Partial Hospitalization is similar in design, but consists of six hours of treatment a day, five days a week. Intensive outpatient and standard outpatient offerings, which are commonly used as step-down treatment options, focus on relapse prevention, and programming can be tailored according to the client’s individual needs.

According to the facility’s website, the center’s experienced clinical team is led by a licensed mental health counselor. Additionally, the facility staffs registered and licensed nurses and therapists.

According to The Carbondale News, the facility underwent renovations in May 2015, adding a new kitchen and community dining hall. Clients have access to furnished lounge areas, a game room, and a small exercise room. Residential clients share bedrooms with one other client, and accommodations are fairly hospital-like. Colorful bed linens and curtains, however, help soften features like the facility’s linoleum floor and overhead lighting.

The 12 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com provided overwhelmingly strong ratings for this facility, its treatment, and its staff.

While every evaluated category received at least four out of five stars, the highest ratings went to the staff’s level of training and experience, the center’s counseling options, the program’s affordability, and the facility’s cleanliness, which received respective average ratings of 4.66, 4.5, 4.41, and 4.5 out of five stars. “The food was great, the place was immaculate and the groups were so helpful. Everyone was so friendly and they truly did care,” S.F. wrote.

Alumni gave a 4.64-star average rating for the facility’s amenities, but insisted that the treatment was better than the amenities. “Main focus is on treatment and not amenities…I used all the tools their fantastic staff gave me and I love my life now,” J.L. wrote.

Criticism from survey respondents was minimal, but Allison did express some dissatisfaction with the staff. “There were some staff members who were quite closed minded and very belittling…no one had answers on how long my insurance covered…I had medication misplaced numerous times,” she wrote.

On its Facebook page, which Just Believe Recovery Center can manage, it earned a 4.4-star rating from 57 reviews at the time of this writing.[1] Of all reviews, all but 10 offered perfect five-star ratings. Many alumni praised the wide range of treatment options available through the program, and the staff. In a representative review, alum Melissa wrote: “The staff was amazing! They cared about us as people and not just a number. They took the time to talk to me alot and made sure I made it through the program. I came in broken and scared but left a completely diffrent person because of the time they put into me and my recovery.”

Ratings submitted by friends and family members to Rehabs.com were also universally high. The six respondents, when asked how likely they were to recommend the facility to others, provided a rating of 4.67 out of five stars. “Just Believe recovery Center Carbondale Pa is extremely qualified to help others with coming to terms with there disease,” C.L.S. wrote.

Loved ones were most impressed with the center’s connectivity/visitor policy and affordability, both of which received a 4.67-star rating. The staff’s level of training and experience also received a strong rating of 4.5 stars. “From security to management everyone takes the time to know the clients to make them feel welcomed, loved & never judged,” C.L. wrote.

In rating their employer, the 12 staff members polled by Rehabs.com submitted nothing lower than four out of five stars. When asked how likely they were to recommend the facility to others, staff provided a rating of 4.92 out of five stars. “As a member of the Just Believe TEAM and having worked for other agency's in the past, I can say that this facility cares deeply about the treatment that it provides...” C.G. wrote.

Affordability received a rating of five out of five stars among surveyed staff, and cleanliness, family participation, and the staff’s level of training and experience received average ratings of 4.83, 4.5, and 4.5 stars. “This facility doesn't just talk about the 12 steps, it breaks them down in a workshop like manner making it a very simple & understandable process,” Jeff wrote.

Most major insurance plans, including those from Human, Cigna, and Aetna, are accepted.

Updated May 2017

1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/JBRCarbondale/reviews/

Published on June 2017

Disorganized, lack of counseling, facility was dirty and lack of respect for religion.

I love this facility. I learned so much and I brought everything I learned home with me. The staff is amazing. I recommend everyone to give this place a shot if they're struggling!

Im thankfully sober now but this place did not help. Sure the food was good the beds were comfortable but I was there for 30 days and did nothing but go on a smoke break every 30 mins. They are inexperienced unprofessional and just incompetent. I wouldn't refer anyone to this place ever. This is life or death stuff here and they don't know what they are doing.

I will be honest and say this is the only rehab I've ever been in but also admit because of that I will NEVER choose to do inpatient again! MOST of the techs are amazing loving and generally care, however I feel I did relate to most of them because they are in recovery. My biggest gripe with my personal experience is that my counselor was the ONLY one who wasn't an addict herself and I feel shouldn't even be employed there, I'm not the only one that feels this way also her fellow coworkers share this belief. She barely spoke with me one on one and judged me from before we spoke. Also ALL the websites I read state you have a counselor from detox on which is untrue it's not until detox is over and still may take days/weeks to meet them unless you tell them you want to leave that is, then they care about you oh so much, not really you are just a price tag. They say you can leave whenever you want, "this isn't jail" but they do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to convince you to stay with mulipantion. Their routine is just that routine and very repetitive so you hear the same things in group time and time again. They also separate into small groups with your therapy with your counselor is mainly done, you barely get one on one time. Due to that fact I barely spoke and when I expressed why to my counselor she pretty much said too bad but not in those words. (I didn't feel comfortable opening up in my group setting not just because I knew someone in that group bit this person could give my information to someone else that she was friends with that hates me and that person could and I believe would have used it to keep me from my goal of getting my children back) later, the day I was discharged I was informed my counselor could have been charged. I hadany more issues as well upon discharge I was never given my papers or my meds and had to drive back more than once to get this all because quite a few of my meds were still missing after I went back the first time. The only thing that helped me stay clean was the detox program and myself. I could keep going on about how unorganized this place really is but it doesn't matter really because if you don't comply with what whoever says at the time youll be told no cigg next smoke break, even got to the point if it wasn't your fault too bad no smoke bteak, this is why one of the first questions asked is what is your favorite cigg of the day, pathic

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, JG. We are so sorry to hear that our facility didn’t meet your expectations. I assure you that everyone here at Just Believe strives to help those struggling with addiction find hope and recovery. Please know that we have shared your feedback with our staff and management so that we can continuously improve our services

Very well structured, Love the facility and the views outside!

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our facility. We take pride in the staff we employ and find it so important that family be involved in the treatment process. We hope you stay connected with us and our alumni network!

My husband just recently was at this rehab facility in PA. The techs at night are horrible he said... I would call the nurses station because their is a seven day block that you can't speak to your loved ones.. I would ask how my husband is doing n they would tell me he's great,he ate,he's sociable,he's standing 20feet from me I will give him a message you called n my husband said the whole time he was Their he received only one message!! Mind you I called everyday for ten days.. when the time came that he can call me theirs no privacy they listen to every word he says.. time limit is exactly 3minutes to speak..my husband has been telling them for days that he doesn't feel right he needs to see a doctor n they said it's ok it's normal mind you he was done with Detox.. My husband is home with a pneumonia can't take no pain meds only Tylenol... Think n think twice about this place in PA. Do your homework I kick myself in the butt that I didn't take him to Marwarth... But trust me if my husband needs help again that is where he will be going as an out patient... that you Just Believe for helping him in detox he's a fighter n will continue fighting.. but you all suck on listening to your patience needs also you all sound height yourselves when answering the phones so keep that in mind when your patience are saying something is wrong with them they don't feel right it doesn't hurt to make sure it's not something else thank you!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Lina. We are so sorry to hear that our facility didn’t meet your expectations. I assure you that everyone here at Just Believe strives to help those struggling with addiction find hope and recovery. Please know that we have shared your feedback with our staff and management so that we can continuously improve our services

The place is a mess. The owner awful...

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, AA. We are so sorry to hear that our facility didn’t meet your expectations. I assure you that everyone here at Just Believe strives to help those struggling with addiction find hope and recovery. Please know that we have shared your feedback with our staff and management so that we can continuously improve our services

Horrible place tumbs down... its disgusting

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Dustin. We are so sorry to hear that our facility didn’t meet your expectations. Please know that we have shared your feedback with our staff and management so that we can continuously improve our services.

I enjoyed the people I have met and some of the staff are the sweetest most caring people but there's a good amount of staff that were not helpful in any way as well as being very belittling. I am not one to complain and I made minor complaints throughout my time there and it was as if they either did not care enough to do something about it or they try to turn it on you. One of the techs has the kindest heart and she is the one who truly made me want to stay there but there are some adjustments in the program that need to be made

Not the worst but needs improvement for sure.

The facility is a very well based 12 step program.They are a fairly new facility in carbondale and every new facility has to work out kinks that what happens when opening a new facility only open over a yr.Overall they are great.If you can get a good.. counselor you are in amazing hands! The techs spend to much time gossiping and on their cell phones.. Overall just believe is a great facility..The owner is an awesome women and..I love these women for all they do..they really care about you...it's just the little things..staff and using their cell phones on duty for personal use..and sharing personal client information by techs to other clients..as I have had a tech tell me things is wrong on all levels.

Staff are very helpful and knowledgeable about the disease process of addiction and help the clients work toward a long term recovery plan. They offer suggestions and solutions to the questions and problems faced in early recovery. They offer clients aftercare programs to help get the ball rolling in beginning a sober lifestyle. They help clients feel safe and supported throughout their journey.

The best Recovery Center Ive ever been to as a client and worked for as a staff member. The treatment i recieved was so amazing. Most of the staff being in recovery makes it so comfortable to open up. As long as i was willing to help myself there was nothing they weren't willing to do to help me. Ill forever be grateful to Just Believe! Thank you.

As someone who has went through the recovery center/halfway house connected to the recovery center, I would have to say I definitely received the insight that I needed on addiction and met wonderful people who were extremely determined to stay clean and sober. With that being said, there were some staff members who were quite closed minded and very belittling, especially while I stayed in the halfway house. I did not like the disorganization within the facility, no one had answers on how long my insurance covered once I had gotten there, and I had medication misplaced numerous times.

Great place that saved my life and will do for many more that want it.

I absolutely love just believe I was a client there and today I work there! This place gave me your life back!

This facility was wonderful! They loved me until I could love myself. The food was great, the place was immaculate and the groups were so helpful. Everyone was so friendly and they truly did care. They treated me like family. All of the staff, from the kitchen to the counselors and the owner are amazing. The treatment there was intimate and personalized. JBRC saved my life. I would recommend it to anyone seeking a new life in recovery. One year clean!!!!

Employees are recovering also. Food is good. They go out of their way to get client into treatment, rides, scholarships. They truly care about their clients from Administration to techs. Not enough activity while in residential not equipped for handicapped or elderly mixed with regular clients ratio of clients to tech is unbalanced. There is massage, chiropractic help, meetings, councilors. and groups. Clients get to go to the lake/park or/and the YMCA for recreation. Smoking outside on scheduled times is allowed. Employees truly care about the client's well being, and are grateful to see clients blossom and get well.

Truly recovery based. This program has helped me like no other. I would not be here today if it wasn't for the staff at Just Believe.

Well Staffed.

Staff are genuine and food services are top notch It was a hospital previously I don't have anything to add

Everyone works as team. Positive outcomes for clients No weakness. Always improving. The team comes together to help anyone who is seeking help.

Employees care for the clients no matter what position employee holds. There is always someone to talk to

Staff was nice. Need more rec therapy It is a nice place to work for. Our staff is completely dedicated to the recovery of our clients. Clients are not just a dollar sign in our facility.

Counselors and client care Under staffed I thought it was a wonderful environment and they worked with there clients after they have left the facility.

Experienced, passionate staff Haven't found any yet Massage Therapy is excellent, great staff who is experienced in 12 Step recovery, clean facility

Everyone who works there seems to be spiritually, mentally, and physically healthy. They aren't distracted by the business end of things, their only focus seems to on the wellness of patients. It is located within a town, so there is not much in way of nature on the property, they have to leave the property to get out into nature. Best treatment facility I have every worked for. There is a strong sense of community and purpose behind everything they do. This is more than just a rehab. It is a transformative experience.

Everyone is given the chance to participate in their recovery and to those clients who have successfully shown a transformation job opportunities have been offered. tech turn over is too high, company doesn't really invest in employees health benefits because they're too high. great facility with room for growth

more recovery meetings speakers out-side meetings books readings ect.

Strong focus on client care and ability to adapt to specific client needs. This treatment center will go above and beyond for their clients. As a member of the Just Believe TEAM and having worked for other agency's in the past, I can say that this facility cares deeply about the treatment that it provides. Each client is shown care, compassion, and understanding and their treatment is tailored to their individual needs. I love what this company represents.

Even before I arrived at Just Believe Recovery Center in Carbondale, I felt relieved that people genuinely cared for me when I couldn’t care for myself. I cannot think of anyone who DIDN’T go above and beyond during my treatment. Their dedication to making sure that all of my needs were met (medical, psychological, nutritional, financial, travel, and safety) allowed me to focus on my recovery. When I had questions or concerns - there was always someone ready with the answer. After completing detox and inpatient, Just Believe was able to accommodate me with their Sober Living and Out Patient services as well assisting me in connecting with local 12 Step meetings. Even though this was my first experience with alcohol and drug rehab, I am confident in saying that Just Believe Recovery Center of Carbondale is one of, if not the best opportunities if you want to start a new way of living clean and sober.

Strengths: cleanliness, counselors experience, wonderful staff. Needs more recreational therapy, should have a few co-ed groups. Wonderful place to work. All of the staff is dedicated to giving the best experience, advice and help they can to the clients. Management always listens to suggestions from clients and staff to improve the facility.

Holistic Approach. Individualized Treatment Planning. Lots of time for Individual Therapy. Biofeedback Bed. Massage Therapy. Therapists who care. Residential Program was only 28 days, I wish I could have stayed longer. One of the most professional and therapeutic environments I have ever been in. The therapists really take time to work with the patients. And they offered a transitional living program which made out patient therapy incredibly easy to complete. This type of treatment center is very rare.

Great team atmosphere which is encouraging and hopeful. Its like getting a new family and one where recovery is a real option for life. The staff is always available to talk to and help.

Family oriented Accommodating to all types of needs. Loving, friendly, and non-judge mental atmosphere. I would choose this facility for my loved one because they care so much about my recovery and the employees are. Passionate about what they do.

counseling was a strength and the staff experience a weakness. This program is fair and for the clients. This program also believe in second chances.

JBRC is a very tight knit center that treats everyone as they would want their own family treated. Communication on clients progress,behaviors and mental state is outstanding. There is always someone other then tech. staff on duty and nurse is available 24/7 if a client needs to talk or has a medical concern. I think more one one one counseling is preferred by the clients JBRC n Carbondale pa is a very fair & honest program, the staff is either in recovery themselves or has had family members in recovery. our main job as techs are to observe & report but just as important is the experience strength & hope the staff offers.From security to management everyone takes the time to know the clients to make them feel welcomed, loved & never judged.

They focus on step work & they have a staff that genuinely cares. The building used to be a hospital, so it has a little bit of an institutional feel. However the warmth of the staff makes up for it. This facility doesn't just talk about the 12 steps, it breaks them down in a workshop like manner making it a very simple & understandable process. Many people make statements like "Who, I never heard anybody put it like that!"

Kind staff, works with your budget, helps you through all levels of care. This facility is very efficient in admitting people quickly. The staff helps you through each step of the admissions process. The staff is very knowledgeable and always made sure to answer every question and ease frayed nerves.

Therapists, groups and food

Caring, Loving Staff but Limited Outdoor Activities. This facility offers a ful continuum of care to include Detox, Residential, Sober Living (Pocket Full of Hope), Intensive Out Patient and Out Patient.

1-1 communication with clients. Techs have a better understanding of clients and can relate with them on a personal level being as how all Techs are in recovery themselves. The nursing staff are very well trained and all have degrees in their respective fields. Here at Just Believe Recovery Center, the Techs, Counselors, Maintenance, Security, etc. are all family. Upon first walking through the front doors, you are immediately greeted with a smile and a "Hello." You will always feel at home here.

Top notch counseling, Met my needs.

The atmosphere is always positive and welcoming to all. No matter when your at in your addiction we can help. We will meet you where you're and help you get to where you want to be.

Just Believe actually cares about its clients. They don't bottom-line or withhold help. The staff all takes pride in what they do and cares about every person that walks through the doors. Just Believe Recovery offers one-on-one and group therapy, and a wide variety of options for clients seeking treatment. They truly care about their client's well-being and long-term sobriety.

Compassionate and Caring staff, Just Believe recovery Center Carbondale Pa is extremely qualified to help others with coming to terms with there disease. The kindness and compassion that is shown from the maintenance staff all the was to the administration is amazing. Clients are treated with respect and understanding at all times. I recommend this facility to all family and friends and even people in passing.

A compassionate staff that treats the clients needs. It's not a cookie cutter program. Main focus is on treatment and not amenities, I was hopeless and thought my life would never get better. I used all the tools their fantastic staff gave me and I love my life now

Sunrise House