Keystone Substance Abuse Services

199 South Herlong Avenue, Rock Hill, South Carolina, 29732

4.3

About Keystone Substance Abuse Services

Our mission is: Promoting health, offering hope, and restoring healing to those impacted by substance abuse and addiction. Keystone envisions a society where substance abuse is recognized as a complex public health issue that can be positively impacted through prevention, intervention, and treatment. In establishing a recovery-oriented system of care we strive to expand partnerships with the medical community; increase service accessibility and demographic reach; generate economic development; decrease costs of both health care and criminal justice; and improve the quality of life of individuals, families and community.

Residential Treatment

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Largest Provider of Treatment and Prevention Services in York County, SC
  • 2016 Award Winner for Nonprofit Excellence presented by the SC Association of Nonprofit Organizations
  • Young Adult Program for Ages 18 to 25

4.3/5
    4.2/5
    4.3/5
    4.5/5

• Mary
    I had always heard that Keystone was an amazing place to go to get well, while also keeping your dignity. I still agree that the treatment staff is amazing. HOWEVER....I was talk to like trash when I was financially assessed by a staff member ?? She was my first "billing" contact and I spoke with her several times on the phone. I was coming in straight off the streets after years of using. I was told by DAODAS , who referred me to Keystone that I was eligible for indigent care. OH NO....she told me that it didn't matter that I had held no job for years. If I lived with my Mother while I was in treatment, that was considered income. My Mother being elderly held no merit. I was able to speak with someone else ( after several threats that my treatment being suspended) and my bill was written down to $1000...…….If indigent means $1000 dollars, and this is what Keystone charges the homeless and poor.....HOW CAN PEOPLE GET BETTER ??? I was told by DAODAS that this was against the rules...but it happened. NOW.....after much hard work, gaining the trust of my family back, getting a job, and feeling better about myself than I ever have....Keystone is taking my Taxes. I feel this is wrong, and a sneaky way to get around their funding.
    the counselors seemed to be well qualified as well as approachable/personable. excellent staff.
  • Amber
    I want to thank you! I had given up hope after calling multiple places I just was going to keep using. Until I finally made one last phone call. I very enthusiastic phone asked me “how I was doing?” Most people say “hello” in a demeaning tone. She talked to me for 30 min. asked me questions out of care not to take my money. She was honest and up front. Because of her my hope is back. She made me feel that I’m not alone. I am of course doing this for myself, family, boyfriend. But now I want to do this for her. Because she said during our convo “this is my purpose, knowing I’m helping people is why Fod put me here”.... I want to show her that her encouragement and faith in me will pay off. Thank you. Keep being a beautiful soul. You are a God sent angel.
  • Marianela
    The programs and services that are needed to succeed are in place. Counselors are empathetic and care for their patients in a very compassionate way. The decision to seek treatment at this facility is a great and effective way to address substance use disorder concerns.
  • CM
    Well trained, caring counselors. Inability to (due to regulations) to serve a larger number of individuals.The facility continues to expand treatment services with innovated ways to serve the region.
  • Dv
    Great facility
  • Kerri
    I would recommend keystone to anyone seeking recovery. They have a variety of programs to help in all areas of recovery. The staff members at keystone are very compassionate and truly care for the recovery of their clients. Please if you are seeking help call them, their programs will give you hope as well as the confidence you need to begin a new sober life. All this is done with a pledge of confidentiality for the clients.
  • RR
    Very good program
  • PA
    their strength is high is everything.there is absolutely no weakness.the is facility has offered me more opportunities than any detox facility I have been too . they are very encouraging. they have taught me a lot and I will be sharing about how awesome this place is and how its the detox in SC
  • Aa
    Your staff is not a place I would recommend to anyone they don\'t know what they are doing
    Official Response

Keystone gives many opportunities for patients to complete satisfaction surveys while in services. We hope this person gave more specific reasons for being dissatisfied on a survey form. Patients’ survey responses are reviewed and taken seriously by top management.

• DE
    They wouldn\'t know an addict from a casual user if they hit them over the head with a baseball bat. In it for the money... Who in the York Cty. government is receiving the kickbacks?
    Official Response

Keystone, a nonprofit organization, offers many opportunities for patients to apply for assistance with their bills, and to make affordable monthly payments.

• W
    I was completely emotionally exhausted when I arrived. Soon I my anxiety was replaced by hope. I am thankful for Keystone and there wonderful staff. Thanks.
  • Ls
    Great experience.
  • VP
    Very Great Treatment Center.
  • Rdt
    Keystone provided me the tools needed to live a life of sobriety
  • Jennifer
    Keystone saved my life on more than one occasion. I have been to several rehabs and keystone was the only one that I actually learned anything from
    The facility had caring counselors and it was good that it was a local facility for me. However, this is only a detox facility with a maximum 14 day stay.
    Official Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Keystone’s programs are individualized to meet the specific needs of any client’s situation. Our goal of our detoxification program is to provide a medically safe environment for persons in withdrawal. The timeframe to meet that goal differs from person to person, but is most often 5 to 10 days. We offer a variety of outpatient program for persons to continue treatment after becoming medically stable.

• SH
    I feel like I owe my life to Keystone. I was a resident at the facility for 3 months. I walked into the doors a broken woman and walked out with a new lease on life. I feel that the entire staff is there because they love what they do, not because it is a job to them. I was not expecting to get half of what I got out of the program as I did. I just wanted to get off of drugs and alcohol and I left with so much more. I have a new found freedom and a new hope. Keystone gave me tools to deal with life on life terms. I was able to get down to the core issues of why I was using in the first place. I left having lost the desire to use. I have Keystone and the incredible staff to thank for that.
    Official Response

Thank you for providing us with input on your experience at Keystone. We are committed to our mission of promoting health, offering hope and restoring healing to our clients. We are pleased to know that your treatment was successful. We wish you continued good health.

• CT
    The site states they accept most insurance yet when I visited the story was different. Also, one staff member was very judgmental and had \"poor\" people skills. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.
    Official Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Keystones’ programs. Keystone bills dozens of different insurance companies, but not all insurance companies cover all services, and many individuals have very high deductibles. In these cases a client is considered “underinsured” and is eligible to apply for the same types of assistance as uninsured persons (sliding scale fees, affordable interest free payment plans, etc.). We do conduct satisfaction surveys during and after services, so we hope you were able to give specifics about your experience so that we were able to follow up in a timely manner.

• BWJ
    Strong inpatient and outpatient programs. Women of Substance Outpatient program is exceptional.

• SM
    Meetings counseling was a strength of the facility. Prices were a downfall. If ur uninsured is almost impossible for addicts to get help
    Not sure if I would recommend to family and friends.
    Affordable , respectful staff. However, very old building and outdated. A good affordable option.
  • SJ
    I was highly disappointed with the effectiveness of the youth program. It is based solely on time, not progress. My advice to parents: Seek private counseling and stay vigilant!
  • AM
    I learned a lot and I am over a year sober to this day. Did not care for a few of the counselors. Principals before personalities I know but would not subject myself to those who affect my serenity. It was more focused on drugs not alcohol I wanted more information on being an alcoholic.
    Official Response

Thank you for trusting us with your care. Our commitment to care means that we strive to work with our clients to resolve difficulties that may be encountered. We welcome your input and will gladly work with you to resolve any outstanding concerns.