Lifeline Connections in Vancouver, WA

1601 East Fourth Plain Blvd.
Vancouver WA 98661

Lifeline Connections Philosophy

Lifeline Connections brings a multidisciplinary team together using a holistic approach to deliver well-rounded evidenced based care based on the Hazelden curriculum. We are a licensed, CARF certified facility that views addiction as a complex, chronic treatable disease. Our well-rounded program provides balanced nutrition, yoga, pet therapy, and the option to find support through both 12 step and faith-based recovery programs. We pride ourselves in our continuum of care allowing individuals to begin treatment in acute medical detox and move through residential to a vast array of outpatient treatment options where mental health conditions can be treated in our co-occurring program.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

12 Step Panels

Co-ed process groups

Weekly physcian visits

Brandy Branch, LMHC, CDP, CRC

Chief Clinical Officer

Brandy serves as the Chief Clinical Officer of all Lifeline Connections clinical programs including in-patient residential, intensive outpatient, outpatient, mental health and drug court. Brandy has worked in the substance abuse and mental health field for over 20 years including working with clients experiencing co-occurring disorders through case management, group counseling, and education. She is fluent in American Sign Language and has counseled and assessed deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Brandy earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of Wyoming, Laramie, and Associate of Science, Sign Language Interpretation at Portland Community College. She earned her Master’s of Science degree in Rehabilitation Counseling in Deafness from Western Oregon University. Brandy started with Lifeline Connections in 2001 as a staff member in the Residential Unit. She has had increasing progressive positions leading to her current position as Chief Clinical Officer.

Arianna Kee, LMHC, CDP

Mental Health Program Director

Arianna earned a dual Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Criminal justice from the University of Nevada and her Master’s in Counseling Psychology with a specialization in Addiction Studies from Lewis and Clark College in Portland, OR. Arianna has worked at Lifeline Connections as the Mental Health Programs Director since 2005 and is licensed as a Chemical Dependency Professional and a Mental Health Counselor. She is currently providing an interim director role in Residential treatment.

ABOUT LIFELINE CONNECTIONS

Lifeline Connections provides residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental-health disorders**. Located on the campus of the Veterans’ Affairs Medical Center in Vancouver, Lifeline Connections offers *residential and intensive outpatient treatment* and specialty programs for pregnant women and parents. The center is also able to treat those who are a part of the deaf community or are hearing impaired.

On-site detoxification services last one to five days and include medication-assisted treatment in the form of Suboxone.

Clients will undergo an initial assessment that is used to develop an individualized treatment plan. Treatment starts with medically assisted detoxification, if needed, which typically lasts five days or less.

Clients in the residential program will include psycho-education, individual therapy with a recovery coach, and other recreational and social activities. Residents may participate in holistic therapies like yoga, massage therapy, and pet therapy. Residents will have access to an exercise room and will be involved in group activities and community meetings.

The intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) and outpatient groups meet one to three times per week. Clients may also attend monthly group sessions.

Lifeline Connections also provides relapse prevention tools and DUI assessments.

Lifeline Connections employs more than 150 staff members that includes registered nurses, social workers, mental health professionals, a psychiatrist, case managers, cook, recovery coaches, and chemical dependency counselors. Many counselors are bilingual and fluent in American Sign Language.

Lifeline Connections is a smoke- and tobacco free facility. Eleven individuals polled by Rehabs.com gave the facility's accommodations and amenities an average three out of five stars.

Official photographs show a modern building with modest shared bedrooms with two twin beds to a room, a dining room, and several meeting rooms. Cell phones are not allowed during treatment.

Twelve alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave mixed opinions about Lifeline Connections. Five reviews were positive, six were negative, and one was neutral.

Positive alumni reviews praised staff and mentioned continued sobriety."Overall, they exceeded all my expectations and gave me the tools to process," wrote L.D.

However, other alumni reported opposite opinions on staff, with individuals feeling that employees were unequipped to handle treatment. A.T. called staff "unknowedgable people with only two yearold degrees" while C.S. wrote: "They play favorites." R.T. complained that their counselor “took no interest in helping me find some sort of balance.”

Three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave mostly negative feedback concerning treatment at Lifeline Connections. Two of the three reviewers gave the facility one out of a possible five stars for treatment effectiveness.

“I say the treatment is not effective because my husband never even nade 90 days sober,” I.W. wrote.

While G.R. noted that their daughter regained sobriety following treatment, G.R. felt that treatment was not individualized. "I really don't think that they work with the person or their family if there is anything out of the ordinary needed," G.R. wrote, calling the program "geared towards only 1 group of people."

Though current and former employees have not yet responded to a Rehabs.com poll, reviews left on secondary review sites are mostly neutral. On Indeed, 29 reviewers gave Lifeline Connections an average three out of five stars and on Glassdoor, six reviewers gave the center an average 3.9 out of five stars. Employees complained of low wages, disorganization, and the stressful nature of the job. One anonymous employee wrote on Indeed: "Pay needs to increase especially due to the amount of work hours and effort needed to work for this company. However the amazing community connections you can make and the patients we serve make the job worth it !!" [1] [2]

Lifeline Connections accepts insurance plans including Aetna, BlueCross BlueShield, United Healthcare, and Cigna. The center also offers a sliding pay scale for those who qualify.

[1]https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Lifeline-Connections/reviews?fcountry=US&floc=Vancouver%2C+WA
[2]https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Lifeline-Connections-Reviews-E593383.htm

Published on January 2018

Don’t bother with this place. Most of the time was spent watching movies because the class was overfilled. I overpaid them by several hundred dollars and they have yet to send me a refund. A couple times a year they send me a letter asking if instead of a refund, I would like to donate the money. I have said I want the refund. Six years later, still waiting......

When I arrived, there was gross stuff in my room's trash can which. I was told to empty. Violent and agitated patients are admitted late at night. The food is horrible. There is very little counseling. They expect you to sleep or watch TV. No outside fresh air time.I suppose if you are desperate, go there. It's not a quiet place. Many of the staff were kind enough.

Counselors need to act like they care about their clients. Maybe actually introcuce themselves to a client on the day or even second day arriving in a very scary and intimidating setting. I was there for 5 days and never met a counselor, let alone MY counselor, never met with a doctor after putting in urgent requests. It felt like a rehab factory. Very uncaring.

I've been to several treatment centers & Lifeline is the best .I've been to by far.I did not like at first but I found they did know what they were doing.

Was court ordered to chemical dependency treatment and Lifeline was the only place available in Vancouver. Was assigned to a large power tripping woman who absolutely cannot listen as my counselor (I only mention this description so that anyone else who gets her will know that you're going to have no luck). I told her that I sometimes play an online game and that there are drug users on there (pot heads who play video games, who woulda thought), and she told my probation officer that I am having trouble not associating drug users. I also have anxiety (have for my whole life), and was diagnosed as such by their own shrink as well. This means I need supervised urine tests. She berated me for not being able to do observed UAs, brought it up in group *multiple* times, and treated me as though I was trying to cheat the system and imposed sanctions. I offered blood, saliva, or hair, and she said that they don't do that. Speaking of group, what a joke! Half the time you watch a movie, the other half the time you sit there while she gossips with the group about unrelated things, like entertainment news, politics, plans for vacation... She runs this like her own personal social circle and will berate you if you don't participate to her liking. Note that I have not failed a UA with my probation officer or any other treatment center, at all, ever. Now let's talk about cost. They don't take most state insurance, but they will let you do a sliding scale and pay $20 a month for the rest of your life. I was there for only a few months and accrued a bill for $1300. Thankfully I moved back to my home town, where I transferred to sound mental health, and guess what? They take state insurance, and asked for 2 dollars per session, but they even waived that because I'm so broke. They listen to you and give you tools for life. They actually pay attention to YOUR issues and YOUR personal circumstances, and help you to help yourself. I cannot stress enough the difference between being scrutinised and wasting your time, versus working productively to actually get to where YOU need to be in this. At sound mental health, they recognised that I had not used in a long time, and structured the treatment around ME. I was able to get through treatment in just a few months, it was enjoyable and best of all, I don't owe a fortune. If you get a choice at sound mental health, I can't recommend two staff members in particular enough. They are absolutely the best. As for Lifeline, I say this from the bottom of my heart...I will NOT EVER pay that bill! I would rather have it ruin my credit than help pay for you to mess people over, especially people just trying to get help.

9 years clean. Thanks.

Congratulations on 9 years! We'd love to hear your story!

The most unorganized... don't go there!!!

i say the treatment is not effective because my husband never even nade 90 days sober.

Unorganized, lack of staff!! Don't lay staff livable wages and over worked!

Lifeline Connections is a horrible facility. Then this horrible staff play God with the addict's life. They play favorites. Before you even think of going here, check their rate for kicking people out. Often for thevillain slightest issue. The counselors there think they know what their doing with their two year community college certificates. They will give the most preposterous advice during their counselling sessions often doing more harm than good.

Lifeline Connections is run by a large group of unknowedgable people with only two yearold degrees. They are dangerous to the mental health of patients.

The closeness provided was great. However, it was very expensive.

The facility was excellent at handling all types of addictions. The facility helped me overcome my addiction.

I was ready when I entered Lifeline Connections. Overall, they exceeded all my expectations and gave me the tools to process.

I think that the treatment facility is a good place to meet others with the same problem and get additional contacts. There are too many people that are there because the law required them to be there. No one should be forced and if they are, they should be separate from ones that are there because they truly want help. My daughter came to me and said she and her husband were heroin addicts, the most devastating day of my life! She said she needed treatment and went to lifeline, I knew nothing about it and had high expectations, but... obviously the rehab did not help. She met new people that were just good contacts. After several times of trying to come clean on her own with me there to help her through the detox and through her own determination she has been clean for a year, I am thankful for each day and never forget to let her know how proud i am of her. Its possible that Lifeline gave her some of the tools that she needed to get clean but I really don't think that they work with the person or their family if there is anything out of the ordinary needed, it is a very generic program that is geared towards only 1 group of people. Nothing individual.

This facility just wasn't for me, I felt incarcerated and my counselor took no interest in helping me find some sort of balance.

RT, Our staff strive to provide the best treatment available. We are sorry we did not meet your expectation and would welcome another opportunity to assist you. We wish you well in your road to recovery.

Lifeline was exactly that for me. I didn't have anywhere else to go it was my last chance. I was fresh off a suicide mission and had been through detox countless times. The staff knew me going in and didn't treat me any different. The staff has always been awesome. The staff is very empathetic and many are in recovery themselves. It is a nice facility. 17 months later I am still clean and will forever be grateful for all of the staff who saw me in and out of that place for years.