Lighthouse Treatment Center in Anaheim, CA

Call (866) 811-3656 to Contact Lighthouse Treatment Center

1310 West Pearl Street
Anaheim CA 92801

Lighthouse Treatment Center Philosophy

Our mission at Lighthouse Treatment Center, is to provide you with the tools needed to achieve long term sobriety and a new life filled with freedom, serenity, healing and hope. We help build a foundation of health and happiness through an integrative approach to addiction treatment.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Family and Couples Therapy Sessions offered to each client

Beautifully unique campus setting in Southern Califonia

Individualized Treatment plan tailored specifically for each client

Dr. Preet

Supervising Licensed Therapist

Dr. Preet Joneja is a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with individuals suffering from mental and emotional disorders. Her special interest is in the dual diagnosis treatment of adults, adolescents, and couples with alcohol and drug addiction, depression and anxiety issues. Dr. Joneja is on the faculty of the North Orange County Community College District and serves as a Clinical Supervisor for MFT interns.

Laura Kurz

Intake Call Manager

Laura Kurz received her Registered Addiction Specialist certification from Breining Institute. She has over 21 years of experience in the field of addiction in Malibu and Orange County rehabs with an emphasis in crisis intervention, intake, counseling, and referral coordination. Laura has a background and training in business, meditation, nursing as well as experience in marketing. Laura has been on the hit TV shows; A&E’s “Intervention”, MTV’s “Gone Too Far” hosted by Adam “DJ AM” Goldstein, and “Teen Mom”. Laura is a responsible, ethical professional who quickly establishes and maintains an empathetic rapport with clients, family members, and clinicians. More than just a job, addiction recovery is Laura’s passion. Perspective clients calling the toll free intake number, day or night, will immediately perceive this passion as Laura helps them determine their best options.

ABOUT LIGHTHOUSE TREATMENT CENTER

Located on a quiet residential street in California's Orange County, Lighthouse Treatment Center runs residential and outpatient treatment programs at various levels of intensity for adult men and women struggling with substance abuse and dual diagnoses. Lighthouse is among the roughly 37 percent of residential programs in the state.

The facility also offers on-site medically monitored detox services for those seeking to safely withdraw from alcohol, heroin, opiates, cocaine, sedatives, meth, and other substances. It is among the 15 percent of California residential facilities to provide detox.

Upon admittance to the facility, the medical staff at Lighthouse will determine which detox program best suites the client, if they clients needs detox at all. Depending on the type of substance and the severity of withdrawal, clients can expect to spend about a week in their detox unit. Certain detox tracks, such as heroin detox, offer social detox models.

Residential treatment at Lighthouse is gender-specific and follows a 12-Step model. Beyond 12-step meetings and sponsorship, Lighthouse makes use of several evidence-based practices like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and mindfulness training. Residents develop essential coping and life skills through group therapy, psychoeducational lectures and groups, and relapse prevention classes. Lighthouse also offers weekly family counseling sessions and educational services for families.

Outpatient offerings include partial hospitalization (PHP) and intensive outpatient (IOP) programs, both of which are viable step-down levels of care from the center’s residential setting.

The facility has an impressive staff-to-client ratio of 2:1. On staff are master’s level therapists, licensed nurses, client care coordinators. There’s always a nurse on staff to monitor the vitals of and administer medications to those in detox.

Staff's Level of Training & Experience: 4.7/5 stars

Residents sleep in either private or shared bedrooms in a modern, family-style home with a patio, a large kitchen, and comfortable common areas. Of the many activities available here are yoga, meditation, music and art therapy, rock climbing, and supervised trips to baseball games and amusement parks. The facility is also close to the beach, where clients can go swimming and learn to surf.

Accommodations & Amenities: 4.7/5 stars
Exercise & Leisure: 4.7/5 stars
Holistic Offerings: 4.5/5 stars

Nearly all two dozen of the alumni who were surveyed by Rehabs.com as of this writing shared excellent feedback on their treatment experience at Lighthouse. Several claimed their experience was life-changing, while others told of a knowledgeable, hardworking, caring, and friendly staff, highly effective group and family therapy, and great food. "I can attest to the amazing program the light house offers and feel confident in my recovery as a direct result of the program. I would recommended it to any and everyone," wrote Gabe in a representative five-star review.

Criticisms were few and far between; Edward noted that the "management and coordination could use a little more strengthening," while K.W. complained that there was too much smoking and that the program could use a little more structure. Nevertheless, both alumni were overall satisfied with the program.

In the sole Rehabs.com survey response from a loved one, an anonymous individual gave Lighthouse five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness and claimed that their uncle “seems to be doing good after treatment.”

I.C., the one staffer polled by Rehabs.com to date, also gave Lighthouse highly positive feedback, awarding the facility five out of five stars across several areas, including treatment effectiveness, exercise and leisure activities, holistic offerings, family participation, counseling options, and treatment of co-occurring disorders. "Knowledgeable staff, effective treatment and group therapy," they wrote.

Treatment costs $12,000 for a month and $28,000 for 90 days. Lighthouse accepts most major insurance plans, among the 56 percent of California facilities to do so, and provides financing solutions when needed.

Affordability: 4.75/5 stars

Published on October 2018

This place saved my life. I went to the Lighthouse in July of 2017 and it was the best decision of my life. I did my intake and she was so sweet and listened to everything I had to say and she genuinely cared. She offered me food and water and made sure I was comfortable as she started getting into the more personal questions about myself. I got moved to treatment where the staff explained everything that would happen in the upcoming weeks and what to expect. They made sure that I had essential items like a tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo and conditioner. They said that if I forgot anything or ran out to let them know and they would try to provide it. My counselor I met with her once a week if not more and went into detail about my plans for when I got out of treatment. She would check in on me throughout the day and made sure I was doing okay, and she was never too busy to not talk to me when something was wrong. The staff was always willing to talk to me if I was feeling down or just had a question about anything. They care about all their clients and want what is best for them. After leaving my life has been amazing. They have an alumni program where we get to go on outings and fellowship with one another. I get to go back every Sunday to the place I call home and interact with the current clients and give them hope for the future. If it wasn't for The Lighthouse I wouldn't be where I am today. My sponsor is a Lighthouse alumni. Many of my best friends are people I met while I was a client at the Lighthouse. The lighthouse is my home and the clients, staff, and alumni are my family. They are always there for me whenever I need them. Thank you Lighthouse for everything! So many strengths! Making it very comfortable to express your feelings They tend to give in more to people who throw fits which is not fair to those who try really hard to better themselves today.

Bree, we are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. Keep doing what you are doing, your future is so bright! thank you for being apart of our family.

My first experience in a rehab facility was at the LH. I was afraid and didn't know what to expect. The staff treated me exceptionally well from the beginning! I quickly felt comforted and at home. The LH not only provided me tools that I still use today, the LH showed me how to live life and show up sober! The Alumni program is awesome, it helps me stay connected to recovery! Thank you for saving Me LH! Xoxo

Thank you so much for your kind words Gina! We are very pleased to hear you had such a positive experience.

This facility was one of the most exceptional experiences I�ve ever had. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that all your needs are met and treat you as if you were their own. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who is seeking treatment for alcohol/drug addiction.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We strive to show compassion and guide our newfound family on their new journey in life.

Everybody at the lighthouse made me feel very comfortable and gave great advise and knowledge of recovery and tools to use in recovery..

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience, Steven.

The lighthouse is by far the best treatment center in the country. There staff are truly amazing and the hard work and dedication they put in in a daily basis for me was excellent. The compassion they show Day in and day out was just amazing. The lighthouse staff saved my life, the chef and my councilor played a huge roll during my time at the lighthouse. I would not recommend the lighthouse 100 percent I would recommend them 1000 percent. The facility is beautiful, the food is amazing. I cannot say enough about the Lighthouse. I look forward to being part of the lighthouse for many years to come through there amazing alumni program. thank you for all the hard work you put in. Thank you Lighthouse staff for all the support and hard work you all put in as well. God Bless you all.

Thanks so much for the positive review! We put a lot into this effort to help others and its great when clients really get it and change their lives. Peter

Access to resources, such as snacks, phone, outside 12 step meetings and the gym was great. Knowledgeable and helpful staff and therapists. Management and coordination could use a little more strengthening. Accurate schedule of activities. It takes willingness to get serious about recovery to get sober and stay sober and live a happy life.

Edward, thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are proud of you!

I got clean at lighthouse, after YEARS and years of torturing myself with heroin and all it entails. This was my 17th rehab and the first one that stuck! I just recently picked up my 4 year chip and I want to mention a staff member whom went out of her way to help, Gia was the best! thanks

We are so happy that you have found your way! Congrats on such a huge accomplishment.

Very knowledgeable, friendly, and caring staff. Beautiful clean facility. Amazing food and accommodations. This place will save your life!!

Gina, we are very happy to hear you had such a positive experience.

Strength: communication Weakness: store runs i had a life changing experience that i didn't think would happen i'd recommend anyone that wants to come into rehab try this program best time i've ever had in rehab life changing

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I spent 90 days at the light house after haven been in four other treatment centers before. By far light house has one of the best programs I have been to. The staff is bar none; specifically my counselor. She always had my best interest in mind, advocated for me, went above and beyond, and was well versed. She is one of the best counselors I have had the privilege of working with and was instrumental in my recovery and staying 90 days. My therapist was excellent in addressing all of my issues and was easy to work with. I can attest to the amazing program the light house offers and feel confident in my recovery as a direct result of the program. I would recommended it to any and everyone. The cooking was amazing. The cook cooked 5 star meals that never disappointed. One guy on the support staff, has a working knowledge of the big book and truly helps saving peoples lives. All of them, along with the footwork I have done are responsible for helping me become the man I am today. Life is up hill from here today, thank you the light house. I will never forget my past or where I once was.

We are so proud of all of your progress! thank you for becoming a part of our family!

Staff is well trained 1- Healthy meal options 2-Too much smoking, I like that it was personable; well staffed. Would like to see more structure

Thank you for your feedback.

Strengths include strong Support Staff, Client Care, Discharge Planning, Family Therapy. Great 12 Step knowledge Assessing Dual diagnosis clients. a clinical psychologist should meet with clients post intake. One of the top rehabs in California. If help is sought help is granted. Offers many options when leaving as well tremendous support and counseling while in treatment

We appreciate your feedback!

I spent 5 weeks at the Lighthouse this is my second time at the Lighthouse, and I am pleased to say I truly believe I am going to make it. I have learned many new coping skills, and a solid relapse prevention plan thanks to the awesome groups lead by counselor's and therapist's. I would like to take a moment to thank support staff for always being available to talk to about the 12 step program and his knowledge and insight. My counselor was a great advocate and always had my best interest at heart. She was always in good spirit and had a positive outlook even when I doubted myself. The staff here are truly caring!! I have my life back. and I'm excited to live life on life's terms without no longer having to put a substance in my body to numb my feelings. I look forward to coming back in a year to take my 1 year chip, and I will be staying connected with the awesome Alumni Program they provide to client's. One last but not least shoutout to the discharge coordinator for making sure I had a solid place to go before my discharge was final. He has a head full of resources and staff will always have a solid plan when you are ready to leave treatment. They will never just throw you out on the streets. I recommend anyone battling addiction to reach out to this program for help.

This is what it is all about. This is why we do what we do. We are so proud to hear that you are doing well.

Compassionate friendly staff. Very clean and well organized. Great place to begin the road to recovery, experienced, kind and compassionate staff. Great food, exercise program and beautiful facility.

Easy to get along with. Things always breaking down, or not working. Sending everybody to the gym daily was a great idea. Helps with the tension. As keeping you healthy.

Loved the staff. Nice facility. I would totally recommend this to a friend.

Has staff that are euipped to deal with substance abuse issues and can offer amazing advice and guidance due to have gone through the same things as most of us. the staff genuinly cares for us and our recovery. im amazed on how awesome the program is and how much ive changed during my stay there. i would recommend this program to anyone who has drug problems. the lighthouse changed my life. honestly there an amazing problems i have no complaints the program offers many groups and lots of therapy that helps dig deep and find the underlining issue or issues of why we get high..and offers lots of resources and tools on how to live life clean. they offer amazing support that helps get you through the hard time and helps restore family's and broken relationships. i will forever be grateful to the lighthouse they changed my life..if you have a drug problem or you no someone who does this program will change your life. its a medical detox and treatment center as is equipped to deal with all substance abuse. if you need help call the light house they'll help get you clean and the provide resources to help get you in sober livings and gives you work leads and they provide transportation for all appointmens and if you need to be picked up to come to the program when your first coming in they will drive to pick you up. its an amazing program

The lighthouse excels in every aspect I've been to three rehabs and the lighthouse is by far the best one. The staff and service is amazing.

I had no experience with the facility my uncle seems to be doing good after treatment.

Strengths: Family program, knowledgeable staff, effective treatment and group therapy. Weaknesses: Exit blocking.