Mary Lind Recovery Centers - Bimini Recovery Center in Los Angeles, CA

155 South Bimini Place
Los Angeles CA 90004

Mary Lind Recovery Centers - Bimini Recovery Center Philosophy

The Bimini House is a residential treatment center for chemically dependent men and women struggling with addiction. Specializing in the treatment of veteran and active members of the armed forces, Bimini House provides comprehensive, compassionate care designed to suit the needs of those who have served our country. Treatment services include individualized case management, grief counseling, anger management, vocational assistance, housing assistance, family reunification, medical and dental care, social functions, room and board, 12-Step meetings, and more.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Individual Counseling

Anger Management

Life Skills Development

ABOUT MARY LIND RECOVERY CENTERS - BIMINI RECOVERY CENTER

Located in Los Angeles’ Koreatown, the Bimini location of Mary Lind Recovery Centers provides residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. According to HealthGrove, the facility offers both short- and long-term treatment options exclusively for women.

The main goal of the Bimini Recovery Center “is to provide the opportunity for the chronically welfare-dependent alcoholic and/or addict to become a sober, self-supporting citizen.” HealthGrove reports that treatment modalities include individual counseling, substance abuse education, anger management and life skills workshops, programs in parenting and family reunification, and vocational guidance.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff; however, of the five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, the one who was queried about staff support gave the facility five out of five stars, while three others commented on the supportive nature of the treatment team. One former client expressed dissatisfaction with credentials of the staff, telling Rehabs.com: “Bimini has no real therapists. The counselors have rudimentary training only.”

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings; however, the three alumni queried about the facility’s accommodations and amenities gave Bimini two five-star ratings and one one-star rating.

Of the five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, four gave the facility mostly positive reviews, praising the staff for its knowledge and compassion and complimenting the solid treatment program.

The one dissatisfied former client gave the facility just one out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness and complained about the staff’s lack of experience, as well as having to do manual labor. “YOU have to helpunload trucks and carry loads up those steps. Im a 65 year old woman and im forced to unload trucks,” she wrote.

The one loved one surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, whose husband attended the program, gave Bimini mostly positive feedback, awarding the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness and noting that as a spouse, she was given a lot of helpful information about how to cope and support a loved one struggling with addiction.

According to HealthGrove, the facility accepts Access to Recovery vouchers and state insurance other than Medicaid.

Published on August 2017

Excellent program, excellent results. Good learning skills programs. Food is very good. Everyone participates in daily functioning of facility. Possibility of real life growth in personal practices for a better future.

I give up. Bimini has no real therapists. The counselors have rudimentary training only, use profanity... Note the long staircase in front of Bimini. YOU have to helpunload trucks and carry loads up those steps. Im a 65 year old woman and im forced to unload trucks. If you have friends in wheelchaurs who want to visit---no way.

Supportive A lot of drama While visiting my husband , I was given lots of information on how to cope .

The Bimini was one of the places were the staff had true Love for there clients. the staff cared for the clients. And gave real groups and Good food

Safe and clean house, maintained by clients. The VA hospital suggested and sent me there for this I am grateful !

I went into rehab because I had no other choice. The staff was very supportive.

I was suported by staff and clients and still remain friends through social media and or in person on a regular basis. I love everyone and everything I got out of this place. The food wasn't 5 star but I am a street kid who got sober in this program and never was eating 5 star from the beginning. I enjoyed the food, the groups, the fellowship and the rules were set into place and I followed them because my way of living life wasn't working anymore for me. I learned how to live a life beyond my wildest dreams because of this program. I now work in recovery and next month I'll have 4 years sober. I love Bimini house at marylind foundation !! I was taught how to live a clean and sober life and learned how to ask for help, got a sponsor, attended meetings and groups to help me understand my disease and was counceled to help combat life events and legal issues. I was able to be sober for my son. I was homelesss in Hollywood and knew I needed help.

The Hills Treatment Center
  • Medically Supervised Detox
  • Horticultural Therapy
  • CBT; DBT; MET; Narrative Therapy; Solution Focused Therapy
Recover Integrity
  • Career, vocational and education related counseling for clients
  • Diagnostic testing for every client
  • Individual psychiatric services for each client