Maynord's Recovery Center in Tuolumne, CA

19325 Cherokee Road
Tuolumne CA 95379

Maynord's Recovery Center Philosophy

Nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills on a 22-acre ranch, Maynord's Recovery Center offers substance abuse treatment for adult men and women. The residential rehab takes a holistic approach to recovery, and provides each client with an individualized treatment plan designed to heal the mind, body and spirit. Modalities include addiction education, one-on-one counseling sessions, group therapy, stress management and relapse prevention workshops. By the time they’re ready to leave, clients have gained the coping skills necessary for life-long sobriety.

Reentry Groups

Continuing Care

Group Counseling

ABOUT MAYNORD’S RECOVERY CENTER

Located in the scenic Sierra foothills about an hour from Yosemite National Park, Maynord’s Recovery Center in Tuolumne, Calif., provides a continuum of care for adults struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. Combining 12-Step principles with holistic treatments, the CARF-accredited facility is one of the state’s 540 residential treatment centers.

The facility also offers sober living facilities, specialized programs for Department of Transportation (DOT) workers, and a family therapy program. This center is also one of the only 200 (14 percent) facilities in California to offer detox services on-site.

In addressing the bio-chemical effects of addiction, the rehab recommends adults experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms begin with detox. Depending on a client’s level and type of dependency, this initial treatment phase can last from three days to two weeks.

The residential treatment program incorporates one-on-one counseling, group therapy, stress management training, relapse prevention classes, and educational lectures. Clients also attend 12-step meetings on-site and in the local community.

The facility opens its doors for visitation and family therapy each Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A four-week intensive family therapy program supports clients and their loved ones by deepening family ties and addressing family conflict.

In addition, the center offers a sober living program. Several facilities require a 30-day commitment. In support of each client’s long-term sobriety, Maynord’s also recommends up to two years of continuing care. Alumni events, such as the annual Round Up, allow program graduates and their families to reconnect over a weekend of sober fun.

Maynord’s treatment team consists of state-certified drug and alcohol counselors and an on-site physician who specializes in addiction medicine. As of 2016, 98.3 percent of California substance abuse treatment centers have continuing education requirements for staff. The five alumni and loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date awarded above-average ratings for the facility’s staff.

Staff's Level of Experience and Training: 3.6/5

Situated on 22 acres of idyllic countryside, the facility has farm-like décor and grounds. A gazebo and white picket fences give Maynord’s rustic but elegant charm. The co-ed residence houses up to 30 clients in shared, fully furnished rooms.

Residents can take advantage of walking trails, a basketball and volleyball court, ping-pong table, and exercise room. Each guest receives one complimentary massage during their stay and can purchase more for a “reasonable fee.” Maynord’s kitchen prepares well-balanced meals and can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary needs. The five individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date offered mixed opinions regarding the facility's accommodations.

Facility's Cleanliness and Upkeep: 3/5

Alumni reviews at the time of this writing were overall positive. Eight former clients polled by Rehabs.com reported life-changing experiences. Several rediscovered their sense of confidence and self-worth while receiving treatment at Maynord's Recovery Center. Alumni unequivocally would recommend the facility. Offering five-star ratings for the facility's level of family participation and its discharge planning, alum G.T. wrote: "For someone truly looking for help. You can find it here."

When surveyed, on a scale from one to five, whether they would recommend treatment at Maynord's Recovery Center, the two alumni polled on this metric gave a four- and a five-star rating. The same respondents gave five-star ratings for the center's family participation, four-star ratings for the center's affordability, and a mix of three- and four-star ratings for its counseling options.

“I'm truley grateful for all the love an care I received while being there, for me it is part of my care of my self daily I will be forever greatful for the chance to be part of this program,” Gina wrote. J.V., another alum polled by Rehabs.com, felt similarly: “This was an experience I will never forget. It was awesome in re-building my self-esteem.”

Praise from alumni was the trend on Google as well, where the facility has an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars from 16 reviewers to date.[1] Several former clients shared stories of becoming and remaining sober thanks to Maynard’s. In a representative review, P.W. wrote: “They gave me my life back.”

Yelp had a slightly lower average rating of 3.5 stars out of five from eight reviewers to date.[2] Satisfied alumni expressed gratitude to the staff, appreciated the use of the 12-steps, and overwhelmingly enjoyed the quality of the food. Negative comments, on the other hand, cited billing issues and poor family integration as reasons for their dissatisfaction.

On the center’s Facebook page, which it has the ability to manage, 34 reviewers all gave the facility perfect five-star ratings.[3] Nearly every reviewer credited Maynard’s with saving their life.

Three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date shared mixed feedback. L.V. referred to the family program as “a joke” and felt there was “no preparation for addicts return home.” She gave counseling options, exercise activities, and holistic offerings all just one out of five stars, and indicated that she would not recommend this facility to others.

Yet, another loved one, G.C.R., praised the “hands on treatment,” adding, “everyone participates. Great counselors & many former clients with long term recovery support the new comers,” awarding four- and five-star ratings to most aspects of the facility and strongly agreeing that he would recommend this program. The third loved one gave lukewarm feedback, providing three-star ratings for holistic offerings, admissions & discharge procedures, counseling options, and whether or not treatment was worth the cost. Despite noting that the center “need better staff,” this loved one still agreed that she would recommend Maynard’s.

The “not recommended” review section of Yelp yielded criticism from loved ones to date.[4] One sibling of a client listed problems with affordability and billing, and the parent of a former client critiqued the center’s discharge procedures.

Maynord’s Recovery Center works with both insurance plans and employee assistance programs (EAPs). Monthly fees for sober living range from $550 to $675 per month depending on the facility. The four Rehabs.com survey respondents to date expressed moderately positive opinions regarding the center’s cost.

Affordability: 3.3/5

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/maynords-recovery-center-tuolumne-2

[3] https://www.facebook.com/pg/MaynordsCDRC/reviews/?ref=page_internal

[4] https://www.yelp.com/notrecommendedreviews/maynords-recovery-center-tuolumne-2

Published on May 2018

DEBRA J

MY SON didn't know how to find happiness. He thought he found it in alcohol and other substances , it only led him to misery.No one knows how unhappy and frustrated we were. Well today I get to embrace my son and MAYNORDS ensured the family and embrace MAYNORDS did family programming which helped the family and the staff has such good insight because they have all been addicts or alcoholics and a are in recovery.My son Shawn has celebrated 4 years clean and attends meetings at MAYNORDS to this day.Our family couldn't be any happier. Every thing is home made and they have a cafe Tuesday and cafe dinner 5 course meal the owner wants us to feel special and treat yourself good without alcohol drugs.

Cd

This place is trash! Do not take your family member here! Please use a different facility .

Lori

This place is horrible horrible. My son lives out of state and this place is two hours from the Sacramento airport. They said they would pick him up and bring him back to airport after his 30 stay. booked his flight days after the end of his treatment and refused to tak3 him to the airport. don’t go here.

Tw

Do NOT bother with this center. They are incredibly incompetent and disorganized. Every time I call, the phone was answered by a different person, rather than having one set scheduler. I was asked by them to call and get a reference number from my insurance company which I did. I called them back with it and the insurance phone number and set up an intake appointment for my son. I never heard back so I called again. They had no record of this. They said because I never called back, they didn’t schedule the appointment. However, I did call back and spoke to their staff. They told me I would need to come on a different day. I already had the scheduled day off. They refused work around their mistake. Also, I asked if I could bring gluten free food for him because he has celiac , I was told no, he could “eat salads.” The momentum to get help for my son has been seriously disrupted by complete incompetence. Now, we have to start over. Thanks a lot, Maynord’s.

Ted

I was there eight days which began my road to recovery . I had to leave due to personal medical issues I believe it to be a superb facility at least for me it was .

tdh

excellent

Marty

It's been 33 years now and I'm still working a program, got off of alcohol drugs and cigarettes , and became a reborn again question it works if you work it

Gary

All people working there are ex addicts. Top notch food. Beautiful setting in the hills It does not have all the extra curricular amenities of a high end place. However I do not believe those are the things that get you sober. Maynard's sets you up in an environment for growth. Feeds you top notch food and gives you the tools you will need. For someone truly looking for help. You can find it here.

need better staff good setting

Environment helps keep concentrated focus on dealing with inserting relaxed, calm approach to addressing your issue with addiction. Some inconveniences with the seclusion aspects of treatment. Mostly different options communication wise are meant to do excluded Not really appropriate to do so. There was a interruption during treatment. That was very uncommon.

Gina

I truely love this place an what I learned while I was there about my self an my addiction it has been a huge stepping stone for me I am a hole hearted supporter of this program,it has changed my life an I'm truely greatful for all the love an care I received while being there,for me it is part of my care of my self daily I will be forever greatful for the chance to be part of this program.😘😍💋🌹

LV

Good nutrition. Family program is a joke. No preparation for addicts return home. This resulted in immediate relapse. And 28 days doesn't cure any serious addiction.

GCR

Hands on treatment. Everyone participates. Great counselors & many former clients with long term recovery support the new comers. Maynords is a great facility located in the Tuolumne hills. The grounds are well maintained and a lot of places to meditate peaceful and serene

I got Sober and learned how to stay sober.

Scott

I feel it is important to STRESS the burden of the financial ramifications before it becomes STRESSFUL!!! I would recommend this facility to family and friends as long as their financial parameters are ENSURED! I relapsed after 5 months. The care was very good BUT I could not afford it without reimbursemnt!!!!!

Jeff

This was an experience I will never forget. It was awesome in re-building my self-esteem. I got God back in my life and all was well. I never finished the 12 steps, or got a sponsor. After a 12 yr. relapse, I got into NA, went to church again and ended up in Celebrate Recovery. I will never be the same. Haa ! Praise God ! The atmosphere. The counselors. Their program really did set most of us on fire. Gave us lots of hope and tools to use. I relapsed after 2 years, was back out there for 12 yrs. Clean, Sober & "In Christ" for 6 years now.

anonymous

Group therapy does help but should include one on one therapy. Treated with respect. Overall great facility

AW

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and positive support from the staff. They did everything within their power to help, and encouraged me to help myself.