Meridian Behavioral Health - Meadow Creek Women's Residential in Pine City, MN

Call (763) 444-4838 to Contact Meridian Behavioral Health - Meadow Creek Women's Residential

17305 Meadow Creek Lane
Pine City MN 55063

Meridian Behavioral Health - Meadow Creek Women's Residential Philosophy

Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment, Holistic Therapy

Yoga Therapy
Family System Dynamics
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy

ABOUT MEADOW CREEK – MERIDIAN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH

Part of the 15-facility, Minnesota-based Meridian Behavioral Health network, Meadow Creek is one of the state's 130 (36.5 percent) residential substance abuse treatment programs. This center is exclusively for adult women, placing it amongst the 150 (42.1 percent) Minnesota treatment facilities with this distinction. The facility is located on more than 80 acres of meadows, grasslands, and forests in rural Pine City, a well-known destination for campers, cross-country skiers, and golfers. Meadow Creek, as all centers in the Meridian network, does not accommodate medical detoxification needs.

Meadow Creek’s treatment model is guided by 12-step principles and incorporates both group and one-on-one counseling. The philosophy is based on the Health Realization model, which teaches awareness of one’s reactions to circumstances and connection with personal health and wisdom while navigating daily life. Patients engage in 30 to 35 hours of treatment programming per week.

Counselors utilize techniques and therapies such as motivational interviewing, yoga therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Group therapy sessions focus on relapse prevention and employ dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT).

Specialized services are available for pregnant women and clients with co-occurring behavioral health disorders. Treatment also includes an educational and vocational component.

All of the treatment staff at Meridian Behavioral Health facilities are licensed addiction counselors or mental health professionals with a license in their field of work. That includes psychiatrists, clinical counselors, marriage and family therapists, and nurses. According to its website, Meadow Creek is "staffed by professionals with the ability to treat both mental and chemical health needs."

Meadow Creek describes its woodsy environment as “an idyllic setting for women to learn and grow.” The facility provides little information about accommodation specifics on its website, but according to images from Pope Architects, who completed an interior redesign in 2015, the modern 18-bedroom rehab has shared, dorm-style sleeping quarters, a cafeteria, and a lounge with a flat-screen TV.

The six alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date provided positive and mixed reviews. Several reviewers described the staff as caring. Alum J.G. gave a five-star rating to staff support and wrote, “I was told that some of the girls didn't like my counselor but she was a perfect fit for me.” Another alum commented about "caring, newer cleaner facility, nice staff." And yet another wrote, "It was home to me. The staff are amazing and supportive. The most beautiful place in the universe to begin a life of recovery!" This former client, A.S., provided five-star ratings for holistic offerings and extracurricular activities as well.

On the other end of the spectrum, alum Makayla, although providing no ratings, blasted the facility in written comments. She remarked about the “rude” staff and “discusting” food, as well as limited phone usage. Another anonymous alum shared a similar concern with the limited connectivity to loved ones, and felt the center's policies made her treatment a lonely process.

Alum C.W., who was specifically surveyed on facility weaknesses, replied, "Meal plans, no exercise programs, not enough staff." She gave three stars for staff level of experience and training, two stars for family participation and holistic offerings, and just one star for counseling options.

Fourteen Google users to date provided a 3.7-star average rating out of five.[1] Many former clients credited the facility with their continued sobriety, praised the beautiful setting, and enjoyed the women-only model. In a representative review, P.A. remarked, "Meadow Creek is an awesome place of healing and professionalism."

The two reviewers on CiteHealth to date provided a three-star and a four-star overall rating.[2] One anonymous alum wrote, “The clients bedrooms are a little small,lecture space could be larger ,but the facility is very clean,organized,and cozy.” The other simply stated, "Very comfortable and wonderful staff."

The sole loved one to provide feedback to Rehabs.com to date, C.S., gave the lowest one-star rating for treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition. C.S. added, “They are short staffed and have too many women in one place. They do not answer the phone nor do they call back if a message is left.”

Meadow Creek does not currently publish its fees online. The facility accepts a range of insurance plans, including public funding. It is considered in-network with most insurance providers. Alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com indicated they used private or government-funded insurance to cover the cost of their treatment. No clients reported receiving financial aid.

[2] http://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/minnesota/cities/pine-city-city-in-pine-county/meadow-creek

Published on December 2018

I feel that being with family or having all access to contact family while being in a rehab should be priority especially children. There should be no limit in phone calls to call n at least hear a loved ones voice when feeling abandoned or alone starting to feel lost. Being able to have family talk or see you is the best treatment to feel loved and feel someone cares. weakness is not being understanding.

Makayla

I went to Meridean in pine city a few months ago and it was seriously the worst experience of my live. Shortly before I started treatment I found out I was pregnant. The staff was beyond horrible and it was obviously they could have cared less about their patients. The girls there was beyond horrible as well... I complained to numerous staff members including my counselor about the girls who were making my life miserable. At treatment I should feel safe and I did not. And it didn\'t help that staff did nothing to help me out. I ended up leaving after 14 days because of this. Staff was extremely rude to not only me but my family as well... The groups were stupid and pointless as we learned about different topics each day such as about STDS and other health problems. I got nothing out of these groups as the only group that was related to addiction was reading out of the \"big book\". I felt like I wasted 2 weeks of my life and a ton of $ to get treated like complete crud and to be stressed out. I also had no treatment plan... I myself had to be the one to taper myself, Meridean did nothing to help with this. I highly suggest that if you are looking to go into a treatment center to please do your research.... I would never recommend this facility to anyone who actually want help and to get better. They also wouldn\'t let me use the phone to call anyone to get me that day..... Like hello I\'m pregnant I\'m not going to use for the sake of my unborn child and wanted to go to treatment to figure out some new tips and ideas to reduce cravings and what not.... I had a very terrible experience there and I can\'t say more how rude the staff was. I would hear the techs gossiping in the office about the clients as well which is extremely unprofessional and not to mention out of line !!! They say that they are all about helping their pregnant clients but this is not true whatso ever. I actually lost weight while I was there from the food being so discusting (I\'m not a picky eater at all !) and from being so stressed out there. DO NOT waste your time or $ going there, I promise it\'s not worth it !!!

CS

I am very disappointed with the \"care\" my loved one has received while at this place. They are short staffed and have too many women in one place. They do not answer the phone nor do they call back if a message is left. I would not recommend any loved one to seek help at this facility.

RY

Wonderful staff and wonderful program.... It\'s only as good as you make it!

Cheryl

I have been to 7 treatments and although this one offered a counselor that worked with my need it was me that was finally at a place I could make it work.

Christina

Caring, newer cleaner facility, nice staff Meal plans but there are no exercise programs, not enough staff. Some staff cared & showed more understanding then others in they way they worked out other issues

Jill

I was told that some of the girls didn't like my counselor but she was a perfect fit for me. I took advantage of every opportunity the program offered and stayed as long as I felt necessary for me to feel comfortable to go home with confidence. The staff was wonderful, helpful and respectful. I hope to be in touch with them through out the future. I highly recommend this facility, it only works if you really want!

Angie