MFI Recovery Center - A Woman's Place in Riverside, CA

Call (866) 218-4697 to Contact MFI Recovery Center - A Woman's Place

4295 Brockton Avenue
Riverside CA 92501

MFI Recovery Center - A Woman's Place Philosophy

Conveniently located in Riverside, CA, A Woman’s Place is a beacon of light to the women we serve here. This gated haven is a safe place for women, and women with children, to free themselves from the bonds of substance abuse through carefully structured programs.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Eliminating Co-Dependency

Individual Counseling

Regaining Self-Respect

Juli Kukulka, CAS-II

Program Coordinator

Juli has been working in the substance abuse field for more than 16 years. She began as a counselor providing direct services to women in need. After five years she advanced to becoming the Director of Operations for La Vista Recovery Center and held that position for more than 10 years. She received her CAS II credential and is a graduate of Mt. San Jacinto College where she received her Associates Degree in Alcohol Drug Studies. Currently, Juli supervises the San Jacinto outpatient offices of MFI as well as Program Coordinator of the LaVista location of MFI Recovery Center.

Marlene Personett, CADC-II, CACCS

Program Coordinator

Marlene has worked with MFI for a total of 8 years. Initially she worked as a certified substance abuse counselor at our women's programs. She left the agency to teach the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Course at Intercoast Colleges and ultimately became the director of the West Covina campus. MFI was fortunate enough to have her return in a management position overseeing our men's residential treatment program in Woodcrest. She has since taken on the grand task of Program Coordinator of the Riverside Outpatient programs and gender specific residential programs in Riverside. Marlene is credentialed as a CADC-II and CACCS (California Certified Clinical Supervisor).

ABOUT MFI RECOVERY CENTER - A WOMAN'S PLACE IN RIVERSIDE, CA

MFI Recovery - A Woman’s Place, located in Riverside, Calif., offers residential treatment to women struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders. The facility is a non-profit organization and was established in 1972. A Woman’s Place is one of nine locations operated by MFI Recovery Center.

To be admitted, clients may call the facility by phone or complete an interest form on the MFI Recovery website. Clients are able to select from 30, 60, or 90-day treatment plans. According to the facility website, 83% of MFI graduates remain clean and sober six months after leaving treatment.

The facility’s treatment program uses evidence-based practices and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to emphasize physical, mental, emotional and spiritual transformation for each client. Throughout treatment, clients receive individual and group therapy, introduction to 12-Step programs, parenting classes, anger management, and family therapy.

MFI Recovery invites young children to accompany their mothers during treatment at the facility, and offers a “family focus group” meeting two times per week. A Woman’s Place offers unique treatments and therapy including meditation.

Aftercare is available for all clients who successfully complete the program. Aftercare involves a customized relapse prevention plan for each client as well as regular alumni group meetings.

The treatment team includes licensed therapists, addiction counselors, and certified family interventionists.

There is currently limited information provided by MFI Recovery regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. According to the facility’s website, A Woman’s Place offers “nicely furnished, comfortable, and safe” residences in a gated, shared community. Women with children enjoy private residences, while women without accompanying children may stay in private or shared residences. The facility also provides a brightly-colored children’s playroom, outdoor playground, toys, cribs, and highchairs.

All five alumni polled by Rehabs.com at time of writing gave positive feedback and wrote that they would recommend the facility to others. All five anonymous alumni felt the program was worth the cost and affordable, and that the facility was clean and well-maintained. Four of the five alumni agreed that staff were supportive and well-trained. Two alumni said there were good exercise options available.

One of the five reviewers reported that she relapsed after leaving, but said she re-entered the facility and has been sober ever since. When asked to provide commentary on MFI Recovery, she wrote, “This program has major benefits and major drawbacks. I believe I got as much out of that program as I did because I was completely prepared to get sober and none of the issues that I noticed were enough to keep me from fighting for my life.” Another reviewer wrote, “The program was strict but effective.”

Overall, the five loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at time of writing gave the facility good ratings, with three of the five reviewers saying they would recommend MFI Recovery to others. The anonymous loved ones gave the facility an average of 3.8 out of five stars for family participation and for counseling options, 3.5 stars for the staff's level of training and experience, and 3.3 stars for cleanliness. When asked to comment on facility strengths, loved ones mentioned that the staff is kind, the facility is clean and affordable, and the program is structured. One reviewer added: “Great support group, counselors are always encouraging and there to listen and help.”

When asked to comment on facility weaknesses, reviewers wrote that the facility lacks amenities, is understaffed, and clients are not allowed to use cell phones.

The cost of treatment at the facility is $7,500 per month. The facility accepts insurance including Kaiser Permanente, Magellan, Aetna, United Healthcare, Cigna, Humana, CompPsych, and more.

Published on December 2017

valerie

MY NAME IS VALERIE . I WENT TO MFI AND SUCCESSFULY COMPLETED THIS PROGRAM WHICH GAVE ME THE TOOLS TO REMAIN CLEAN AND SOBER. I LOST EVERYTHING TO COOKING N USING METH . BUT WITH THE HELP OF MFI AND SOME OF THE COUNSELORS THERE TAUGHT ME WHO I WAS AND GAVE ME THE SELF ESTEEM WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF MY ADDICTION TO STAY CLEAN .THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YOU ALL AT MFI U HAVECHANGED MY LIFE

Mary

MFI gave me the foundation and drive to work my program to the best of my ability, through attending meetings and being of service I have been here for over 19 years. And I truly feel that I would mot be here without that foundation.

Kellie

This program has major benefits and major drawbacks. The facility itself where the women stay is as good as its going to get unless you're rich enough to go to [a luxury facility]. You get your own apartment with one or two room mates. The big issue that needs to be addressed is staffing. They need to get counselors that are not concerned with having power over the girls and are concerned only with empowering us in our recovery and teaching us to live again. As it is, the girls are very much treated like children who need to be disciplined instead of grown woman that need to be taught life skills. The groups were where they need the most work, they were absolute chaos. The girls ran the groups and the counselors had very little ability to keep them under control. It was very distracting to the point that I left several times rather than hear everyone screaming at each other. There was also a safety issue, a woman came in with a black eye because her husband had beat her while he was using. After they made up she brought him inside the building several times even after being warned not to. ... However as I said there were some counselors there that genuinely cared for us and took whatever time we needed to talk us through our bad days. I will say however that one of them was fired after I left. I don't know what the reasoning was so I can't really comment on that. I believe I got as much out of that program as I did because I was completely prepared to get sober and none of the issues that I noticed were enough to keep me from fighting for my life. After my first time going I did relapse about a month or two after I left but the second time I went inpatient I have stayed sober. If I hadnt wanted sobriety so badly I do not think I would have stayed. I was not able to do aftercare because I had to return to work, so it was my choice not to attend, they do have aftercare programs. They have two very fancy apartments that they show as examples of where we were to stay. The actual apartments are much smaller and have a lot of issues such as mold and bad plumbing.