Mirmont Treatment Center in Lima, PA

Family Program
Smoking cessation program
Individual therapy

ABOUT MAIN LINE HEALTH - MIRMONT TREATMENT CENTER IN MEDIA, PA

Mirmont Treatment Center, located in Media, Pa., offers residential and outpatient treatment to individuals struggling with drug and alcohol dependence. The facility was established in 1985 and is located on 33 acres in Delaware County. Mirmont Treatment Center operates as a branch of Main Line Health.

The facility’s treatment program is based in 12-step recovery and trauma informed treatment, incorporating holistic therapies such as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), meditation, yoga, supervised exercise, and nutrition counseling. To be admitted, clients should contact the facility directly by phone. In addition to residential and outpatient treatment, Mirmont Treatment Center also facilitates a specialized dual diagnosis treatment program. The outpatient program at Mirmont involves three-hour meetings three times per week in either the morning or the evening.

Each client at Mirmont receives an individualized treatment plan. Throughout treatment, clients receive individual, group, and family therapy as well as daily 12-step meetings, experiential groups, pain management, educational sessions, and nutrition counseling. The facility offers unique treatments and therapy including mindfulness training, yoga, body meditations and breathwork. Mirmont Treatment Center offers aftercare through an alumni association for clients who have successfully completed treatment.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff. However, 18 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com gave Mirmont Treatment Center staff an average rating of 4.6 out of five stars.

There is currently limited information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. However, the Mirmont Treatment Center website states that the facility, which is located in the west Philadelphia suburbs, is equipped with a fitness center, and 900-square-foot meditation hall. Clients at the facility are not allowed the use of cell phones or other electronic equipment.

At the time of this writing there have been 18 alumni polled by Rehabs.com. The reviews were excellent, and 16 of the 18 reviewers said they would recommend Mirmont Treatment Center to friends or family members seeking treatment. The anonymous clients gave the facility an average of 4.6 out of five stars for staff experience, 4.6 stars for cleanliness, 4.3 stars for family participation, and 3.6 stars for counseling options. The facility received an average of 4.1 stars out of five for holistic offerings, 4.3 stars for exercise and leisure, and 4.4 stars for affordability. When asked about strengths of the facility, alumni commented that they felt connected to other clients and facility staff, and enjoyed yoga and therapy at Mirmont Treatment Center. When asked to comment on facility weaknesses, only two alumni shared complaints. They said that there is no access to internet, the length of stay at the facility is sometimes regulated by insurance, and there needs to be more individualized care. One alum wrote, “My experience was excellent. I got the help i needed. The counselors are awesome. The staff was great. They even had holistic approaches to sobriety.”

At the time of this writing there have been ten friends and family members of clients polled by Rehabs.com. Overall they gave the facility mediocre ratings, with five of the ten reviewers saying they would recommend Mirmont Treatment Center to others. The anonymous loved ones gave the facility an average of 2.3 out of five stars for staff experience, 3.9 stars for cleanliness, 3 stars for family participation, and 2.7 stars for counseling options. The facility received an average of 2.6 stars out of five for holistic offerings, 3.6 stars for exercise and leisure, and 3.3 stars for affordability. When asked about strengths of the facility, many loved ones commented that the facility was clean and maintained, staff was helpful and knowledgeable, and they enjoyed the family support program. When asked to comment on facility weaknesses, friends and family offered a handful of feedback, writing that they did not appreciate that clients could smoke and felt the counselors gave “too many lectures.” One reviewer wrote, “Everything is explained very well to patient and family. Visits are encouraged and family support is offered as well.”

At the time of this writing, there had been two former staff members of Mirmont Treatment Center polled by Rehabs.com. Both reviewers gave the facility excellent marks across several different metrics and said they would recommend the facility to a friend or loved one considering rehab.

On a scale of one to five stars, staff member E.O. gave the facility five stars when asked if leadership of the facility is willing to put clients' interests first. He gave a five-star rating when asked to rate the experience and treatment credentials of the management team, and gave a four-star rating when asked if facility leadership is able to inspire loyalty and a sense of community among clients.

When asked about the strengths of the facility, the second former staff member wrote “Very clean and well-maintained Beautiful amenities Caring staff.” When asked about weaknesses, he said the facility is expensive. He also wrote that he had “seen results during years worked there.”

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its costs. However, Mirmont Treatment Center accepts most commercial insurance plans and offers self-pay options.

Published on November 2017

VERY IMPORTANT - if you, or the person considering this facility, has ASTHMA(?) - DO NOT come here. The HVAC system here is absolutely toxic to anyone who has asthma (other lung issues? I don't know). I pulled handful upon handful of disgusting green/black wet mold from the a/c in each room I stayed in / bathroom ventilation vents are COMPLETELY CLOGGED with same mold (six inch ventilation ducts in every bathroom - that I checked - are completely 'closed' with the same mold/mildew). **Treatment Effectiveness** a.) after 8 days I could not stay here anymore. #1 reason was the 24/7 asthmatic-inducing condition of the facility. I've used a nebulizer 2 time in more than 25 years of asthma suffering - in Mirmont I needed it for 20 minutes every 8 hours, every day, as well as rescue inhaler every 6 hours - again, every day (i.e. 24 hours). b,) While the vast majority of the nursing staff is top notch (I'd give them a 4.5 star rating) the counselors and ESPECIALLY THE "CA's"? were misusing of their (newfound?) "authority", very unprofessional (my roommate knew about me being transferred to a different therapy BEFORE I EVEN KNEW. His counselor (she is as toxic as they come - maybe she was a good counselor at one time but - not anymore ... told him just as I was getting word. This is just one example among many others ... c.) Having to leave after 8 days due to my asthma symptoms becoming life threatening("against medical advice") I was very unceremoniously shown the door with my bag literally thrown into the lobby as I waited for my ride. More importantly - I was given NO post-attendance treatment plan Food is pretty decent given that it is a "facility". I know that a detox / rehab facility is not meant to be a 'vacation' and will involve a lot of truly hard work, suffering, readjustments, etc. MIRMONT IS NOT A PLACE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS ANY TYPE OF BREATHING DIFFICULTIES - at all. Please ... look elsewhere.

These people are horrible people. My husband is there. I called with an emergency, i found my puppies with a strange shaped plastic bag. I explained that I am extremely scared that this might be something that had drugs in it. I have no idea where it came from. I begged them to ask my husband please and have him or someone call be back to let me know if he had possibly left something dangerous in the house. This situation could LITTERLY mean life or death for my sweet little puppies. No one has called back. I am so scared, however if he did not leave something here it could cost thousands to bring two puppies to an emergency veterinary hospital to be tested and that is really a lot for us. How can an organization expect anyone to support sending our loved ones there when being treated so poorly. All I can do now is try to stay awake and watch them all night and pray. I'm so sick with worry and anger. He told me that my name was on a list that they would put my calls through, but they refuse to acknowledge said list.

felt like i was living with my family not strangers and thats a good feeling

The counseling and schedule of daily activity was great. Almost three years sober, thanks to the amazing staff at mermount

They try there best but need to understand everyone's experiences and reasons for being there are different there is no one uniform way to treat each individual

friend was there so i don't know first hand details. i just know she's better for being there.

Great Staff, helpful and knowledgeable. Kept a schedule, They allowed you to eat as much as you wanted and have a number of exercise activities as well. allowing patients to smoke to me was a turnoff at the time.I like the sharing aspect each day and that after sharing you would give the person a hug next to you and it really made me feel better

They have family programs, which was great but the times people can call was a downfall. my husband had great success there and is 8 month clean and works the program

Strengths: Round the clock services and wonderful family support programs. Weaknesses: Revolving door and freedom for patients to do whatever. Everything is explained very well to patient and family. Visits are encouraged and family support is offered as well.

This was the 3rd rehab I have been to and this place is like going to a Steven Starr restaurant rather than going to McDonalds. It really blows all of the other rehabs out of the water. I do not have a bad thing to say about Mirmont. For the first 2 weeks I kept asking my counselor when my date was to leave and she kept telling me the insurance company hasn't given one yet. I eventually stopped asking and at that point I didn't want to leave. I was there for 30 days and could have stayed for many more. It was very comfortable, had great food and staff. They are strict which is good. If you are looking for a rehab in or near Philly... Mirmont is definitely the place to go! The other 2 rehabs I went to were terrible!

First rate facility. They gave me my son back,, Compassionate while being direct.

The worst if coming off opiates !!!! HORRIBLE!!!' They use phenobarbital & darvocet (this was in 2000 & 01) I was coming off a massive dose of OxyContin(never used heroin ) but they left me In such bad condition (I went straight into a halfway house & had heroin for the first time (I would of sold my soul not to feel the way I did...non stop throwing up,shaking,crying,my heart rate damn near going bottomed out....this lasting 6 days!(I needed much better care then they offered .I'm sure it changed very very little.ANYONE GOING IN FOR OPIATES....KNOW THAT YOUR GOING COLD TURKEY IN MIRMOUNT! I SUGGEST A DIFFERENT DETOX! I WISH I DID!

The nurses, yoga and meditation were great. Downfalls were the length of stay governed by insurance and that the internet was not allowed. I learned a lot and am still sober. Aftercare is a must. I still go to alumni meetings.

It was an overall good facility, but they could use more family involvement.

It was convenient. However, the counselors were not good and there were too many lectures. The demands are unrealistic for someone coming off drugs.

The people that work there are nice and treat you with respect. My experience was excellent. I got the help I needed. The counselors are awesome. The staff was great. They even had holistic approaches to sobriety. Helped me get stable on meds and haven't touched cocaine since. Ive been clean almost 10 years.

I was able to connect with everybody and felt like I was being well cared for. It was a great place that helped me go through my depression/suicidal thoughts; I became a better person during treatment and have remained the same after leaving.

Very clean and well-maintained. Beautiful amenities and a caring staff. However, it was expensive.

I was able to get the personalized attention that I needed and wasn't left to feel as though I were doing this alone. They have a wonderful ability to treat the person and the addiction.

Kind experience from people who have been where you are. Mental and spiritual strength built here.

It worked and we loved it.

The staff are recovering alcoholics/addicts

Saved my daughter's life.

I came to the facility after a long hospitalization for a traumatic brain injury,(drunken fall followed by paralysis) the hospital was affiliated with the rehab. and it was handicap accessible - ramps for wheelchairs and walkers. good counceling groups, AA/NA meetings daily

I am still sober

I went to Marworth 5 years ago, and still am sober and happy. They don't let men and women hang out together anymore for good reasons.

Counselors and staff were excellent

I am still sober it will be five years on 07/29/14, I return for Alumni night which reminds me of what I was like and the pain I was in and offers me the opportunity to give hope to others. It was a well rounded balanced approach to recovery, where the strong foundation of home group, sponsor, service the steps and meetings were emphasized as the core to recovery. It was also emphasized that when you got out of the facility to go to a meeting first thing in order to be successful!! The strong foundation and willingness to listen and take their advice gave me a strong sobriety. My husband committed suicide when I was eight months sober and I found him and I didn't drink. Don't pick up a drink no matter what happens, relapse prevention. He unfortunately didn't make it, showing me that sobriety is life and substance abuse is death and sickness. I drank for 38 years and it ended up causing me to need a hip replacement. Once your sober, life doesn't stop happening, nor does paying the price for having used for so long. But we all get through it together. They go above and beyond for you and the setting is very peaceful, they keep you on a rigorous schedule that is tiring yet worked, well fed healthy food options. They have a great program and facility which includes many aspects of recovery, meetings, small group sessions, lg group sessions, meetings brought in from outside, Yoga, outside activities, the staff was strict but encouraging and enthusiastic

2 years I had one drink one night and felt embarrased and that I betrayed trust

While still 12-step based, which I'm cool with, there were no steps- or traditions-posters on the walls. There were yoga studios and mediation gardens instead. Mirmont understands recovery is evolving. It's an outstanding treatment facility.

I've been clean for 15 months. God forbid I ever relapse, I'd go back there. It's what you make it. It is comfortable, clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. No television, or cell phones. Only pay phones. Forces us to socialize with each other, not isolate. I got exactly what I needed, and was only there for 12 days.

Helped me recover.

Still sober.

Helped me out .

Facility always placed patients first, very compassionate and caring. Have seen results during years worked there.

Great facility that really cares. The counselors, clinical aides and nurses were excellent. The only downside is that they only have 1 doctor on staff, but he was very helpful as well. Can't say enough good things about the place that probably saved my life!!!! Highly recommended.

Mirmont is right on target with their comprehensive program for alcohol and drug addiction rehab programs. From detox, to inpatient care, to Intensive Outpatient Therapy; their facility exceeded my expectations. The counselors, clinical aides, nursing, and administrative staff really care about your treatment and steps toward getting well. Other than the regular group meetings, small group meetings, and AA/NA meetings, they incorporate accupuncture, yoga, chi gong, and other classes to teach one mindfulness in order to learn to control cravings, resentment, anger, etc. I highly recommend Mirmont for anyone who is truly ready to take the next step toward living a sober, healthy, and happy life!

I was transferred to Mirmont from a private hospital psychiatric facility. After nearly 20 days I had only seen a psychiatrist one time for maybe a half hour. There is NO in house medical doctor or one on the facility. The nursing staff were often staffed by agency nurses who didn't know where anything was (like your medications) and very overwhelmed and overburdened with a larger volume of patients than he staff nurses...There is no consistency with the counselors. They are also overburdened.The clinical aids with little or no college education have a lot of power and wield it irresponsibly. ...On a positive note, there is a lot of support from the fellow patients, some of the clinical aides, the nursing staff. It is a clean facility in a nice setting. The meetings and workshops (albeit leaning heavily on the 12 steps) are informative and helpful and necessary for many people. There are decent enough breaks to lay down and rest between groups, meetings, sessions etc...Compared to other rehabs in the area I think this is a very good, safe facility with less rules and control, but it was not what I thought it would be going into this setting. I just wish there was more attention devoted to my psychiatric needs and my medical needs (just as dangerous as drug/alcohol addiction) than what they offered or what I was led to believe.